08-13-13 02:27 AM
1,783 ... 6364656667 ...
tools
    Just curious, does anyone else's system process run at a steady 50% cpu usage? Going to guess that's why I have sucky battery life.
    No. BUT how long have you let it do its job? (i.e. indexing for the priority inbox etc.)
    08-01-13 08:49 AM
    Just curious, does anyone else's system process run at a steady 50% cpu usage? Going to guess that's why I have sucky battery life.
    No mine is between 1.5 and 5% as I watch it with nothing running. Although I agree my battery life has not been great on this build. Might not be the system process but something else. I can barely get through the work day, I am working it fairly hard though.

Cheers

Posted via Jedi mind trick...
    vag65 likes this.
    08-01-13 08:49 AM
    Very impressive leak! Thanks to everyone who made this happen.

Activesync against non-SSL server: Check
    Backups working again through Link: Check
    All hub notifications working: Check
    Great battery life: Check

I deleted the installed Evernote and sideloaded a 5.2 bar. Works beautifully.

Thanks again!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-01-13 09:14 AM
    Just found the Q10 radio
    Attachment 188040
    /Per
    Quick split it package it um wait does it get Counrty 95 ?
    d3rd likes this.
    08-01-13 09:19 AM
    I've had it installed since Tuesday afternoon and just noticed the option to view cpu utilization this morning, so I'll keep my eye on it. As for battery performance, so far it's not very good at all vs the 10.1 build that Verizon pushed out on Monday. For example, in my 30 minute train ride I'll lose ~ 10% - and I don't use the phone at all - no music etc. I wish there was a way to check which system process is eating up the cpu.
    08-01-13 09:23 AM
    Quick split it package it um wait does it get Counrty 95 ?
    I don't think it'll merge well with the OS....need better tools for that
    08-01-13 09:29 AM
    Maybe. That would make the third OS load but it may be worth it. I am also having browser issues with launching the Vine site or hitting some links.

Would a security wipe accomplish the same thing?

Arizona MTB Channel C0006F5EB
    Are you running FB that came with .810 or did you change the BAR file?

I'm running the version that came with .810 and I am getting FB notifications in the HUB even though I have them turned off! Had this same problem on a few other builds, but it's not that big a deal to me.

You might try uninstalling FB and removing your FB account and then reload. Or, you could try a wipe as well.
    08-01-13 09:31 AM
    Maybe. That would make the third OS load but it may be worth it. I am also having browser issues with launching the Vine site or hitting some links.

Would a security wipe accomplish the same thing?

If it bugging you tha much I'd say try a wipe before installing one last time... maybe even restore to factory settings? maybe has something to do with what os you came from?? That's just a guess on my end. I came from 10.2.0.483 and I didn't wipe and I pulled off a restore... have you let it all settle in before switching stuff too? Mine took a good couple hours to act "normal" but then again I'm running 6 dif accts. Feel free to PM me for anything else I may poss help

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-01-13 09:34 AM
    @flyernut

You can by going to app manager and then device monitor

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 09:59 AM
    Thanks, I guess I was asking if I could what makes up the system process to see what's driving the utilization percentage.
    08-01-13 10:29 AM
    Battery life in this build is very good for me. Unplug at 7am by midnite i still have 20% with heavy usage.

STL 100-3 os 10.2.0.810
    08-01-13 10:29 AM
    If you video chat, can you screen share? It's not working for me and it's crashing...
    Kris sad that it was working for him. So, what about you people?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 10:34 AM
    I'm able to video chat ok with my 2 sons and their playbooks (hey, they were free!).
    08-01-13 10:38 AM
    reverting to 10.1.... android runtime glitchy for now.. skype 4.0 didnt work (when video calling) BUT.................IT WAS REALLY AWESOME! waiting for the next leak (i hope android run time gets fully working)

thanks for sharing ELITE TEAM!
    You're using the wrong version of skype then

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 10:40 AM
    You're using the wrong version of skype then

Posted via CB10
    Are you able to share one that installs?
    The one in BlackBerry World has issues with the speaker - hands free or use headphones.
    The only 4 with the 22 something I could find will not install and gives and error...

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 10:48 AM
    Are you running FB that came with .810 or did you change the BAR file?

I'm running the version that came with .810 and I am getting FB notifications in the HUB even though I have them turned off! Had this same problem on a few other builds, but it's not that big a deal to me.

You might try uninstalling FB and removing your FB account and then reload. Or, you could try a wipe as well.
    I restored from my previous OS, 10.1.0.4651 and used the FB that was there (assuming it was the .810). At first I had an issue that didn't let me view comments to my own posts (I think Mopar had the same issue). I uninstalled and reinstalled from World and that fixed that issue, but still no Hub.

I then installed the Part 1 and Part 2 FB bars Mopar shared, and I got no change.

I may reload, but I have a feeling like another leak may come sooner than later and I'm not sure how much more time I want to put into this build. Its good enough for me for a while.

Last edited by gkl; 08-01-13 at 11:41 AM.
    08-01-13 11:00 AM
    I just realised I have this problem today... I'm not sure if it happens every time my phone dies from the bad battery life or randomly but, my settings keeps getting reset?
    Not the font size and wallpapers but stuff like.. keypad volume, calender settings (especially Facebook - it keeps changing to not showing events but then it does show up with all the birthday even when I tried to disable them...)

Al so, is it possible to downgrade the keypad it is terrible now. It doesn't predict as well and it keeps accidentally deleting my words. :$

I really do not want to revert back to the 10.1 as I'm loving this OS so much (minus the bugs)!

Oh, and does battery life improves eventually? It is barely managing 5 hours per charge...

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 11:32 AM
    I just realised I have this problem today... I'm not sure if it happens every time my phone dies from the bad battery life or randomly but, my settings keeps getting reset?
    Not the font size and wallpapers but stuff like.. keypad volume, calender settings (especially Facebook - it keeps changing to not showing events but then it does show up with all the birthday even when I tried to disable them...)

Al so, is it possible to downgrade the keypad it is terrible now. It doesn't predict as well and it keeps accidentally deleting my words. :$

I really do not want to revert back to the 10.1 as I'm loving this OS so much (minus the bugs)!

Oh, and does battery life improves eventually? It is barely managing 5 hours per charge...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I'm recharging three times a day. Maybe the OS didn't load very well afterall...

08-01-13 11:47 AM
    Yeah I'm recharging three times a day. Maybe the OS didn't load very well afterall...

Is there actually a solution?(besides reinstalling) Or something we have to live with?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 11:57 AM
    I guess it is like roulette.

I have to say, the last couple of 10.2.0.XXX build leaks ran hot and would drain my battery in 2 hours with NO usage at times.

This leak I can go 18-19 hrs without charging. I am very happy with battery life , and may never upgrade my OS again......Its THAT big of an improvement over ANY other OS including 10.0 and 10.1.
    08-01-13 12:03 PM
    I'm able to video chat ok with my 2 sons and their playbooks (hey, they were free!).
    Video chat works fine, I meant screen sharing (when I share my screen to another BB10 device).

If a 10.1 shares their screen with me it's okay, but I can't share it with a 10.1 device or a 10.2 device either.
    08-01-13 12:11 PM
    had my first random reboot couple hours ago, sucks to see this happening again. Also has anyone found a way how to add google and bing to the extended search?
    I have had 2, all through the phone app. Wifi calling appears to work but will drop after a few calls. When I turn off wifi and make a call is when I get the reboot. After reboot, phone app works fine

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-01-13 12:20 PM
    To anyone experiencing poor battery life and a phone that is running as hot as Hades, do a security wipe and reinstall the OS. And if you're an active cloud user and are comfortable with it, forget about the restore and start fresh with a nice virgin z10 install.

I was swapping out batteries three times a day and practically wearing oven mitts when handling my z10 for a few days after the initial 24 hour period of indexing and OS settling. I had finally had enough and just started clean. Things are much, much better now. My only gripe is the issue with the hub being stuck in landscape mode but I can live with it as its easily rectified with several diagonal swipes from the top right corner.

Oh and I also didn't bother reloading the beta BBM that supports channels. I think it's still a but of a resource hog when active. I'll wait for a complete version that supports channel notifications in the hub.

For now, this is a solid 10.2 build (as far as leaks go) and will serve me just fine until the OS Elite graces us with the presence of a new leak (it's almost the weekend!!!).

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and jaapplas like this.
    08-01-13 12:30 PM
    Very impressive leak! Thanks to everyone who made this happen.

Activesync against non-SSL server: Check
    Backups working again through Link: Check
    All hub notifications working: Check
    Great battery life: Check

I deleted the installed Evernote and sideloaded a 5.2 bar. Works beautifully.

Thanks again!
    Are you referring to an android ever note or the native one ? Cause I downgraded to the one that came with 10.2.0.481 but it's not fully functional. Please share the bat file if it a native one. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 12:41 PM
    After seeing the posts about cpu at 50% I checked the device monitor and found that the System is taking up that giant chunk! It only just started this morning, I'll try a couple things, although it sounds like I need to reload the OS.
    08-01-13 12:54 PM
1,783 ... 6364656667 ...