08-13-13 01:27 AM
1,783 ... 6061626364 ...
tools
    Are there any new camera modes?

Where's Mr. Krabs?
    07-31-13 02:17 PM
    Hmm. In my case typing got a lot better after clearing words. It still suggests a lot - partially learnt from emails I'd say.

Maybe try changing input languages then clearing and switching back?
    I am pretty certain input slowness is relayed to the dictionary and learnt words.

Posted via CB10
    Still same. My devices has been smooth until I use this leak. Maybe it's not for me. I cannot solve this keyboard issue. And I feel like something is loading nonstop as my device has become very lag with 1 app running. It's like when I run too many apps. Stuttering. Security wipes, twice. Reload os, done. Still same.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 02:20 PM
    Still same. My devices has been smooth until I use this leak. Maybe it's not for me. I cannot solve this keyboard issue. And I feel like something is loading nonstop as my device has become very lag with 1 app running. It's like when I run too many apps. Stuttering. Security wipes, twice. Reload os, done. Still same.

Posted via CB10
    Swipe over battery from top to get the CPU monitor. From that behaviour it sounds like something is running at 100%, verify there is a CPU load, if there is, use the application manager to find the offending app. I assume you allowed the phone to do its indexing? Especially the priority inbox takes time to work through.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 02:24 PM
    Phill_UK seems to have similar issues with me.
    Anyway, I am glad it works on you.
    the question is, where does the problem reside?
    The program, the device, the interface or the OS?

Incidentally it is not link that is the issue but the BlackBerry device manager that includes the driver. And killing it via task manager takes care of it. It gets restarted and then works as intended.

The restore issue on 10.2 is device caused, not link caused.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 02:26 PM
    Swipe over battery from top to get the CPU monitor. From that behaviour it sounds like something is running at 100%, verify there is a CPU load, if there is, use the application manager to find the offending app. I assume you allowed the phone to do its indexing? Especially the priority inbox takes time to work through.

Posted via CB10
    Deleted whatsapp and all the problem gone. I found that my keyboard has become too sluggish when I use whatsapp. But very smooth on wechat and other apps. Is this normal? My later os has no problem with whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 02:37 PM
    has anyone figured out the universal search? how to add google and yahoo back? I tried side loading the sys.search bar from 10.1 but didnt change anything
    07-31-13 02:40 PM
    Deleted whatsapp and all the problem gone. I found that my keyboard has become too sluggish when I use whatsapp. But very smooth on wechat and other apps. Is this normal? My later os has no problem with whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    I refuse to use that app - though I was coaxed into downloading it once...
    My guess I'd it does not play nice with changes to the OS - for example trying to access an API, getting a response it cannot handle, etc.
    There were apps that did not handle the transition from 10.0 to 10.1 well, there will be similar issue with 10.2. Plus you need to. Remember that there is no sdk for 10.2 yet if I am not mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 02:41 PM
    has anyone figured out the universal search? how to add google and yahoo back? I tried side loading the sys.search bar from 10.1 but didnt change anything
    Yes. Go to browser. Settings. Display and actions. And reset search engines. Done. Fixed.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.810 - best phone ever http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    07-31-13 02:46 PM
    Yes. Go to browser. Settings. Display and actions. And reset search engines. Done. Fixed.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.810 - best phone ever Wigley's News - BlackBerry BBM Channel Pin for Wigley's News
    no good, tried earlier but still doesnt display them
    07-31-13 02:47 PM
    the question is, where does the problem reside?
    The program, the device, the interface or the OS?

Incidentally it is not link that is the issue but the BlackBerry device manager that includes the driver. And killing it via task manager takes care of it. It gets restarted and then works as intended.

The restore issue on 10.2 is device caused, not link caused.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much for the analysis.
    I will keep it in mind.
    Next time I will try the task manager kill.
    Thank you for your time.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 02:50 PM
    FYI - When my restores fail it happens after I've completed all of the following steps: log in on my device, (your step 4), try again to restore (step 5), disconnect and reconnect (steps 6&7). When I try your step 8, it does not give me the same BBID error, it attempts to restore, and i get a tiny bar of blue and then it fails and restarts my device.

This makes me wonder if it has something to do with the content it's trying to restore (encryption maybe?) , rather than the BBID.

I have the exact same symptoms, I tried at least 8 times, with all the different methods offered in this thread, always get the same results everytime. I reluctantly went back to 10.1
    07-31-13 02:51 PM
    no good, tried earlier but still doesnt display them
    Hmmm. Well. Then I'd try again. Sometimes it takes a couple trys. Also try a reboot with volume keys held down together.

Also. I do assume u realize u have to type something into the search field for it to populate the options for the search right. Otherwise just clicking the search button shows nothing in there.

07-31-13 02:53 PM
    I have the exact same symptoms, I tried at least 8 times, with all the different methods offered in this thread, always get the same results everytime. I reluctantly went back to 10.1
    Me too.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 02:56 PM
    Same issue on my end with ending a call. Sometimes it won't recognize my swipe down to answer the call either.

Also, I noticed that if I move my fingers typing too quickly too close to the screen it starts deleting the last word I typed, forcing me to type slower and growing aggrivated at multiple individual deletes.

I might try a hard reboot to see if it corrects anything, but might end up heading back to. 4633 for the time being.

Other weird thing I noticed was information on the lock screen where normally calendar event info would be. Don't know if this is the diagnostic screen I've read about, but it just states about handset cellular networks and such, not the graphs etc. Will try to attach a pic when I can.

STL100-4 here.

Posted via CB10
    Same here, the delete bug is very annoying, but I feel like I would miss a lot going back to 10.1 so I am going to have to deal for the time being.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.2.0.810
    07-31-13 03:02 PM
    Just an idea. Anyone else who is having the restore problem, did you have Device Encryption on? If not currently, did you have encryption on for your backup files or vice versa? Do you have it on now, and didn't in your backup file?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the way BB encryption works is it locks the data to your device. I believe part of the protection it provides is to prevent anyone from taking one of your backups and restoring it to another device.

I did have encryption turned on when I made my backups, so I'm wondering if there is a common theme among those of us who can't restore.

My next attempt today will be to try backing up with encryption off, and then installing .810 and restoring from that non-encrypted backup. I'm currently downgrading back to 10.1 in order to make this attempt.
    07-31-13 03:09 PM
    Just an idea. Anyone else who is having the restore problem, did you have Device Encryption on? If not currently, did you have encryption on for your backup files or vice versa? Do you have it on now, and didn't in your backup file?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the way BB encryption works is it locks the data to your device. I believe part of the protection it provides is to prevent anyone from taking one of your backups and restoring it to another device.

I did have encryption turned on when I made my backups, so I'm wondering if there is a common theme among those of us who can't restore.

My next attempt today will be to try backing up with encryption off, and then installing .810 and restoring from that non-encrypted backup. I'm currently downgrading back to 10.1 in order to make this attempt.
    I backed up with encryption on the device and restored with it off on 10.1.
    But they might have changed it in 10.2. It could explain the funny message of no private space - just no unencrypted space at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 03:14 PM
    Ahh I'm conflicted whether or not I install this leak. I read a lot of issues but the features are quite appealing.

Is this good as a daily driver?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 03:26 PM
    Ahh I'm conflicted whether or not I install this leak. I read a lot of issues but the features are quite appealing.

Posted via CB10
    Been using it for over 2 weeks as a daily driver. And with full restore of data. So yes. Its very good. There are a few issues. But mist can be easily taken care of. For example. Just load the bars for maps and Facebook after and all good

07-31-13 03:38 PM
    Been using it for over 2 weeks as a daily driver. And with full restore of data. So yes. Its very good. There are a few issues. But mist can be easily taken care of. For example. Just load the bars for maps and Facebook after and all good

I did neither and it works fine.
    It seems most of the issues are to do with restoring the phone, but I never bother now as link is crap

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 03:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree with Wigley458 here. As I JUST sideloaded the previous FB on mine, that was my last issue. All else is running great. Also, the FB "issue" was just an odd quirk. Still dont get why it only affected my own posts, but meh its not a full release anyways. I just put up earlier for someone to see and hopefully will not occur in future builds.
    But back to topic...

DO IT! you wont regret. just get previous maps and FB and you should be pretty good.
    07-31-13 03:52 PM
    do the game sounds work - I remember on of the earlier 10.2 leaks had no game sounds?
    07-31-13 03:53 PM
    do the game sounds work - I remember on of the earlier 10.2 leaks had no game sounds?
    483 or whatever it was had sounds

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 04:07 PM
    I have to agree with Wigley458 here. As I JUST sideloaded the previous FB on mine, that was my last issue. All else is running great. Also, the FB "issue" was just an odd quirk. Still dont get why it only affected my own posts, but meh its not a full release anyways. I just put up earlier for someone to see and hopefully will not occur in future builds.
    But back to topic...

DO IT! you wont regret. just get previous maps and FB and you should be pretty good.
    Totally agree with this. I was at first reluctant given its a beta, but I've been using leaks for years, including the Z, and I decided "what the heck, I could always revert back." Loaded this up and haven't looked back. All is working great, though I too needed to use the Maps and FB bars for those apps.
    07-31-13 04:13 PM
    I backed up with encryption on the device and restored with it off on 10.1.
    But they might have changed it in 10.2. It could explain the funny message of no private space - just no unencrypted space at the moment.
    I never used data encryption (I don't trust this kind of security since it once damaged an internal HDD on my Mac), so I backed up without encryption and tried to restore without it and still got the private space error + later the random rebooting instead of restoring. So great idea, but I don't think we nailed the problem yet.
    07-31-13 04:16 PM
    I think I bricked my phone trying to restore after installing 10.2 lol, tried restoring the first time, no dice, tried doing data wipe and now my z10 is stuck at the data shred screen with the cursor circling round and round. I pulled the battery and it still loads right to the same screen, I doubt there is an easy fix for this if anyone has encountered it?
    07-31-13 04:25 PM
1,783 ... 6061626364 ...