08-13-13 01:27 AM
1,783 ... 5859606162 ...
tools
    For those who want to use GoogleMaps 7.0.2 and can't because apk2bar website is being stupid and saying version name is too long
    http://69.162.109.42/Apk2Bar/bar/com....700022113.bar

Use this website : APK to BAR Converter :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10, A10, Q5 & Q10 Apps
    in the future, it has a better script
    Or you could always just use the apk2bar batch commands like I do

thanks, very much. but i cant login into my google account to see my friends in latitude...
    07-31-13 11:03 AM
    If I uninstall BB Link before i reinstall BB Link will by back data be erased?
    Nope
    07-31-13 11:07 AM
    I've deleted my learnt word. Still same. Seems like it didnt clear it up. Still suggesting the word like before. Learnt words still appears in suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm. In my case typing got a lot better after clearing words. It still suggests a lot - partially learnt from emails I'd say.

Maybe try changing input languages then clearing and switching back?
    I am pretty certain input slowness is relayed to the dictionary and learnt words.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:08 AM
    Again, like I've mentioned earlier
    There is NO way we can extract a certain part of your backup and restore it
    It's not feasible, considering the .bbb backup files are also encrypted (well, at least the .tar files inside are)
    Reinstall Link and wipe the device
    Then follow the instructions under my name on the OP (method 2)
    Remember to skip BBID on setup, and follow every single step closely
    I've done it 8 times already, so I know it's not a fluke. I also have a few friends who got it working
    Best of luck!
    However it is not guaranteed to work. I accidwntally messed up 10.2 ad red red the 10.2 backup - u had to fiddle with it again.
    I wonder if BlackBerry Link reporting that the BlackBerry ID is not yet set up has got anything to do do with being able go restore.

Still, better a method that can work and will eventually than one that does not work.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:11 AM
    I was only able to restore settings on this leak. But, when I reinstalled password keeper all my passwords returned. Oddly, my remember data repopulated as well.

There was a knowledge base article on this a while back which is how I discovered it may work and it did - for me at least.
    I am certain password keeper data is stored in settings.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:13 AM
    Again, like I've mentioned earlier
    There is NO way we can extract a certain part of your backup and restore it
    It's not feasible, considering the .bbb backup files are also encrypted (well, at least the .tar files inside are)
    Reinstall Link and wipe the device
    Then follow the instructions under my name on the OP (method 2)
    Remember to skip BBID on setup, and follow every single step closely
    I've done it 8 times already, so I know it's not a fluke. I also have a few friends who got it working
    Best of luck!
    When I reinstall Link do I sign-in to Link?
    07-31-13 11:13 AM
    When I reinstall Link do I sign-in to Link?
    You cannot restore without signing in.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:24 AM
    Thanks. Just a thought. I've already reloaded most everything. So, really not worth the trouble at this point.

dg
    07-31-13 11:24 AM
    You cannot restore without signing in.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought. I used second method but failed.
    Now I got the personal workspace error.
    Rebooting the phone and see if I will restore...

PS: remember the SIM is still out of the phone

Edit: Nope, does not restore...
    07-31-13 11:25 AM
    Hi All,
    I really do not have the time to read through all 60 pages so I am sorry if this has been asked before:
    I thought all was good, but all in-comming calls go right to voice mail, But I can make calls. Anyone seen this with this version of the OS?
    Thanks in advance.
    07-31-13 11:26 AM
    I actually did a hard reset prior to reinstalling the OS and still the same. I also tried using wifi only and removed my sim still unable to set up. I need my emails to work here and I am still trying to find another way.
    Battery right now is npt good but probably because I have just reloaded lst night. In two 3 hrs with no use at all since I was in training, battery dropped to 63% from 100%.

Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    I have Gmail and Hotmail both working on my device using the following settings:

Gmail:
    server address: imap.gmail.com
    port: 993
    encryption: SSL
    SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
    Port: 465
    Encryption: SSL
    and of course your username/password as applicable to your account.

Hotmail:
    server address: bay-m.hotmail.com
    port: 443
    Use SSL = on
    VPN = off (may be on for your requirements)
    Push = on
    and again, your username and password for you account where applicable.

I don't know what else to suggest you try beyond what you tried and to verify your settings...

Hope this helps.
    07-31-13 11:38 AM
    I have Gmail and Hotmail both working on my device using the following settings:

Gmail:

Hotmail:
    Use SSL = on
    Push = on

I don't know what else to suggest you try beyond what you tried and to verify your settings...

Hope this helps.
    I have mine working, but I got it through a restore, so not sure if it works with a clean setup
    07-31-13 11:40 AM
    Hi All,
    I really do not have the time to read through all 60 pages so I am sorry if this has been asked before:
    I thought all was good, but all in-comming calls go right to voice mail, But I can make calls. Anyone seen this with this version of the OS?
    Thanks in advance.
    I just tried calling myself using google voice, and it works just fine. My parents can call me. Are you connected to wifi calling?
    07-31-13 11:41 AM
    Yep I'm having the same problem also with the clock also but you can just swipe from the top and lock orientation befor putting the phone into bedside mode and problem solved. And make sure you close the app or take off bedside mode befor taking the lock off. That is the work around I'm using currently if not then i have to reset phone in order to get back into settings or get the alarm clock app running again.

STL-4 Verizon
    Yes, I can live with that for now by not turning my phone to landscape orientation after activating the bedside mode. However, I had a new issue this morning. That was my first time turning on the alarm for morning call since the leak OS loaded. The alarm sounded to wake me up this morning but the screen showed only four prominent pins at four corners (not watermark) and did not respond to anything I did, such as swiping up to unlock the screen. Even though I pushed the on/off button trying to reboot the phone, it did not work out. So I had to do battery pull to reboot. Now it looks like it is back to normal. I will try one more alarm turn-on to see if I have the same issue again. Does anyone have this experience?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:43 AM
    Yes, I can live with that for now by not turning my phone to landscape orientation after activating the bedside mode. However, I had a new issue this morning. That was my first time turning on the alarm for morning call since the leak OS loaded. The alarm sounded to wake me up this morning but the screen showed only four prominent pins at four corners (not watermark) and did not respond to anything I did, such as swiping up to unlock the screen. Even though I pushed the on/off button trying to reboot the phone, it did not work out. So I had to do battery pull to reboot. Now it looks like it is back to normal. I will try one more alarm turn-on to see if I have the same issue again. Does anyone have this experience?

Posted via CB10
    Not yet. But I mean this isn't the only OS that the whole phone freezes. I've even had OS's where I could unlock the phone and lock it, but everything else can't be done
    07-31-13 11:45 AM

Gmail:

Hotmail:
    Use SSL = on
    Push = on

Hope this helps.
    The Gmail, I was able to set up. It is Hotmail that up to now I can't. I tried your settings above, still the same message that my details have changed.

I'm at a loss.

Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:47 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I've been messing around with the settings, but put them all back where they were and now I can receive calls. Must of been ATT because when the incomming calls went right into voice mail without my intro. weired
    07-31-13 11:50 AM
    Why settle for 3.1 when you can use 4.0.2? Like the post above your states, "install the runtime from. 663. Link to which has already been posted a few times in this thread" and you are good to go!
    The. 663 runtime is broken when it comes to video and even playing audio on winamp and tunin radio for example.. so why settle for a broken android player when I don't have to...

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:53 AM
    No. There is no way to "extract" part of your backup and restore it.
    Try reinstalling link to 1.1.1.32, the newest version, and restart both your phone and your device (may need to wipe it)
    Then use the instructions that I posted (it's on the OP), making sure you skip the BBID
    The first time I did it, I had to reinstall link to get it working. Not fully sure why
    I just finished following your instructions and still BBLink will not restore. Not sure what to do next?
    07-31-13 11:55 AM
    Is anyone else on Verizon having a problem with Backup Plus Contacts with this build? It gives me a message about needing to enable permissions for the app, but everything under permissions is checked.
    07-31-13 11:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just update everyone! I have done a test run for the alarm just now. The issue is gone. When the alarm sounded, I am able to dismiss it and go back to home screen as normal. Happy now! I will keep my eyes open to see if the issue will come back and what not.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:58 AM
    Battery life seems alright so far. it only charges to 95% full, never 100% and has severe drain until it hits about 70-80% (about 45 minutes being off the charger) and then it regulates and I end up getting 8 or so hours out of it.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:01 PM
    For those who want to use GoogleMaps 7.0.2 and can't because apk2bar website is being stupid and saying version name is too long
    http://69.162.109.42/Apk2Bar/bar/com....700022113.bar

Use this website : APK to BAR Converter :: Android APP Store Blackberry Playbook & Z10, A10, Q5 & Q10 Apps
    in the future, it has a better script
    Or you could always just use the apk2bar batch commands like I do
    Can you please direct me to where I can get the apk2bar batch/package from I'm only familiar with Xachas method of conversion...

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:03 PM
    I am certain password keeper data is stored in settings.

Posted via CB10
    I am too now - I was under the impression before it was in application data. I assume, then, that remember data is also in settings. If so, that will solve my restore issues for the most part as that is all I care about.
    07-31-13 12:07 PM
    Can you please direct me to where I can get the apk2bar batch/package from I'm only familiar with Xachas method of conversion...

Posted via CB10
    https://developer.blackberry.com/and...729415_11.html
    07-31-13 12:11 PM
1,783 ... 5859606162 ...