08-13-13 01:27 AM
1,783 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    Is that a swastika in your BBM picture? Tsk tsk.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.2.0.810
    agreed! tsk tsk!

BB10, Z10
    07-29-13 02:42 PM
    Both you and the OP NEED to be careful here. .663 will make allot of apps work better - BUT video is still not supported in ANY 10.2 Android Runtime - meaning No Netflix. If that is important to folks 10.2 will not work for them. I don't think a 10.1 runtime will work at all in 10.2
    Netflix v1.8b561 absolutely works with 10.2.0.483 and below, into 10.1. Even using the 663 runtime. It's 783 and 810's runtime that Netflix is crippled.

Sideloaded apps that need access to the video recording features in out device do not work. But playback on 810 is working, and with SOME sideloaded social apps too. Others, no. Please be explicitly clear with your statements, because you will SURELY confuse alot of people. Please double check the OS I've listed and confirm that Netflix functions. If you need the correct app, I can provide a link.
    toobs623 likes this.
    07-29-13 02:43 PM
    Android Runtime has def been updated in this build from .663 runtime running on .483.

I am now able to watch Snapchat videos and Instagram videos. Still cant create them though!
    Yup, but try to post a picture, and it crashes
    AzzlanOfBB likes this.
    07-29-13 02:44 PM
    I can't get it to add my gmail account, keeps saying that the smtp server is not responding. Anyone had this so-far ?

I tried flashing multiple times (5 times if my memory serves me correctly) as OP mentioned first flash can be wonky. Everything else apart from android runtime is fantastic, much smoother than 10.1 ever was!
    Yes. There is a fix for this. When adding account. Click advanced right away. Choose Gmail. And enter ur description and email address in user and email field. Then choose forever or whatever u like. Then next. All good from there.

But. That us just for the email part. If u want the contacts and calender. Use the regular add account. But don't go to advanced thru there. As u don't need to choose a longer sync. Then when u come to the choose of which three to install. Un click email. Then go. All works then.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.810 - best phone ever http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    Shantanu Gupta likes this.
    07-29-13 02:44 PM
    Your girlfriends phone number written in a code only the OS Elite team can decipher.

Posted using mind control while drunk on a STL100-4/10.2.0.8xx LE on VZW. #OSElite
    That's funny! she gave it to me un coded.

BB10, Z10
    07-29-13 02:45 PM
    whatsapp hangs on the loading screen.... please wait, initiating... and nothing happens?
    07-29-13 02:48 PM
    I'm beginning to think you have a personal problem with me.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.2.0.810
    I'd need to personally know you, to have a personal problem with you. But what I do have a problem with is when people point out things about other people, without first pointing out things about themselves.
    russworman likes this.
    07-29-13 02:48 PM
    Has anyone tried the newest version of Google Maps yet? I believe 7.0.2. Does it work with the new run time player?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 02:51 PM
    I can't get it to add my gmail account, keeps saying that the smtp server is not responding. Anyone had this so-far ?

I tried flashing multiple times (5 times if my memory serves me correctly) as OP mentioned first flash can be wonky. Everything else apart from android runtime is fantastic, much smoother than 10.1 ever was!
    Yes. There is a fix for this. When adding account. Click advanced right away. Choose Gmail. And enter ur description and email address in user and email field. Then choose forever or whatever u like. Then next. All good from there.

But. That us just for the email part. If u want the contacts and calender. Use the regular add account. But don't go to advanced thru there. As u don't need to choose a longer sync. Then when u come to the choose of which three to install. Un click email. Then go. All works then.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.810 - best phone ever http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    07-29-13 02:51 PM
    I can only say, "can't wait for the Gold SDK to be released! "

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    07-29-13 02:52 PM
    Isn't it under Smart Dialling?
    Hit the phone icon, once that opens swipe down and tab settings.
    mode_m likes this.
    07-29-13 02:53 PM
    And where can I get it? I can't download apk files... not without a lot of hassle.... (Blustacks and then removing that again...)

Posted via CB10
    Google for it
    07-29-13 02:54 PM
    Has anyone tried the newest version of Google Maps yet? I believe 7.0.2. Does it work with the new run time player?

Posted via CB10
    Yah. I have it working
    Sparro likes this.
    07-29-13 02:54 PM
    I have no smart call too.
    Im in Europe as you
    :-()

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 02:56 PM
    Anyone has a mirrored link to download the software? I'm getting page can't be displayed for the link in OP. Thanks.
    07-29-13 02:58 PM
    When in text messages, does anyone's orientation get stuck in landscape and not able to go back to portrait mode?

Posted via CB10
    Mine is doing this. It has happened twice. I have just softbooted to fix it. I searched the thread for landscape and hub landscape and your post was the only one I found relating to my observations.
    07-29-13 02:59 PM
    +1 I have a hard time believing that the T-Mobile WiFi calling app actually worked as posted. I was able to load it with sachesi but the selector to turn it on/off is grayed out. I do get the WiFi calling symbol in the status bar. And on other builds, notably 4687 the WiFi calling app seems a bit flakey - I have set it to turn WiFi calling off and I could swear it still makes calls via WiFi when I am at home.

just saw the updated OP post by adam about the text messages not going through during wifi calling. However a couple of quick questions.

1.) I removed my sideloaded tmobile wifi calling app, but is there a way to completely remove wifi calling from the system for now?

2.) I saw someone said that they were able to get it to work with reloading the leaked OS, not sure if anyone else has had success.

3.) Lastly is functions from the wifi calling only ever been controlled through the tmobile wifi calling app? or is there something buried inside the settings menus. Only asked because I've only used the app since moving to 10.2 and its always been greyed out since it was built for 10.1

Thanks in advance and by the way, awesome build everything works for me including great batter life. Awesome job!!
    07-29-13 02:59 PM
    I have the Same Problem with smart dialing.

I am also in europe...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 03:03 PM
    Your girlfriends phone number written in a code only the OS Elite team can decipher.

Posted using mind control while drunk on a STL100-4/10.2.0.8xx LE on VZW. #OSElite

WRONG, She sent me the decoder ring as well.
    Mecca EL and 00stryder like this.
    07-29-13 03:04 PM
    Okay, I finally got it installed, restore FINALLY took (after roughly 14 hours of fighting with it and trying MANY different methods). Now I have a few questions for anyone willing to answer some 10.2 Newb questions.

1) what's up with "joyn" in the hub? I can't find it anywhere in settings > accounts, or anyway to get rid of it. (I think I saw a topic about this on an earlier 10.2 thread. And just saying "ignore it, you can't get rid of it" would be fine. I'm not looking for troll responses.)

2) I'm on T-Mobile US, but my wifi calling isn't working, and hasn't with any of the .4xxx versions, except for one blissful evening. I've accepted that (a close friend at T-Mobile talked to tech support on my behalf and they said the IMS servers are not activated in my market yet, and must have been testing them that night I got it working). With the .4xxx leaks, I was able to turn off the feature all together using the wifi settings.bar file, but not with this version. Anyone know how I can disable it?
    Edit: I have my e911 address registered, and the "Free wifi calling" soc on my account, so it's neither of those issues.

Attachment 187067
    Download the Tmo Acct app, in BB World and follow these instructions: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-3255
    07-29-13 03:09 PM
    I've tried the 663 android, and I know it works.
    However, I find 810 much more stable, despite instagram won't post pics.
    So, I'll live with it for now
    I wonder if Kris can post the 783 android bar and see if instagram will work on that. I do believe it will be the better alternate than 663
    07-29-13 03:09 PM
    Can anyone confirm how much Emoji support is there?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 03:12 PM
    Is there any quick tuts steps for someone who never play with this updating and reloding the leaked os?

Posted via CB10
    Download the OS to your desktop and unzip/unrar, backup your device with BB Link, close Link and start the OS .exe file, once your device restarts complete setup and reboot your device, restore backup. Done.

If your restore does not work, go to the first page of this thread and read the FAQ's about restoration.
    07-29-13 03:12 PM
    Too much beta in this beta. OS runs great but the Android runtime is no where near ready for prime time. My most depended on sideloads not working or operating way too slow. Insatgram works only when it wants to. I have No mapa, Wave and BlackBerry maps not working. BBMAPS will load and find address and route and the map will freeze and not Scroll. Auto keyloader for BBM channels will not recognize the phone so I can't load it. And work around for these issues before I go back too 4687?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    07-29-13 03:13 PM
    Video and Keyboard works with that version of instagram?
    so if the video and keyboard dont work for me should I just reload the os onto my phone?
    07-29-13 03:15 PM
1,783 ... 3940414243 ...