08-13-13 01:27 AM
1,783 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Of course there is a way.
    There just needs to be developed a new type of screen protector that blurs the four corners of the screen.
    You see?
    Why yell at people Kris?

Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    Why you giving away my money making secrets :P
    toobs623 likes this.
    07-28-13 10:28 PM
    Kris, or Adam, would be great if you guys added this to OP

For the guys who are following my guide to doing restores
    Here's the catch you MUST do
    1. Do setup but skip BBID, no need to go to 10.1
    2. Plug in to computer and let BB link recognize, do not sign in yet!
    3. Try to restore, it will tell you need to sign in (YOU MUST DO THIS STEP)
    4. Enter BBID in Settings>BBID without unplugging device
    5. TRY AGAIN in BB link, and it will still give you the same error, click cancel
    6. Disconnect device
    7. Reconnect device
    8. Restore And it should work from everytime after this. No need to repeat until you reinstall new leak

WARNING:
    Load android apps AFTER you restore. 10.1 android backup isn't compatible with 10.2. You will need to start over (some data may work, but no guarantees) in most android apps. I assume this isn't required if you're updating from 4.2.2 runtime to 4.2.2 runtime, but I don't know for sure
    fr10 and Willeonabe like this.
    07-28-13 10:30 PM
    Dude you lasted 27 pages, you're good.

Posted via CB10
    only cause im busy messing with my new lumia 920
    07-28-13 10:31 PM
    i was trying since two hours but Mega download link not working well

any other links please update to me

Dear leak fans, please read the whole OP (opening post) through carefully.

We put together an FAQ for you, so use it and give us ideas how to improve.
    No, you can't find all the answers you are looking for.
    And no, we can't solve all issues.
    You must acknowledge that you install this by your choice and any damage that you do is your responsibility.
    If you mess something up, don't panic, read the FAQ, read the thread and then ask nicely. Many helpful people will read you, and will help you.
    If you ask the same question for the tenth time... then you probably don't get an answer. (Guys, don't forget, play nicely, we are here to have fun.)

So back to business, this is a full working OS for everybody(*). Yes, calls are working, yes, Android runtime is awesome, and yeah, you can always see your PIN.
    *Everybody=You can install on all Z10 models, except STL100-1. And no, you can't use it on Q10 or Q5. It's not because we are evil, because we don't have radio for them.

Wanna download right now? Read the issues we found:
    Restoring from backup is not really working, read How-to in FAQ.
    Sometimes the OS gets laggy. Do a hard reset.
    You can experience severe battery drain, reason is possibly the next one.
    And it not always seems to be installed perfectly for the first time.

OS specific information:
    It has Jelly Bean (4.2.2) runtime.
    Notifications work even with Channels. (If you use the last Beta Zone build)
    And no, still no other radio than Z10 STL100-2/3/4.
    Voice calls don't work with lower radio version.
    And most of the apps won't work on lower 10.2 builds, but you can always try it yourself.

If you plan to restore:
    Check BB Link version, must be version .32.
    Revert down to 10.1, like 4651.
    Setup fully, then load 810.
    Setup this as well, the DO NOT wipe.
    Turn off all radios, connect it with Link and restore.
    It should work, but no guarantee. And no, it's 99% sure that if you don't follow the steps, you won't be able to restore.

So, dear Z10 owners (except me and anyone with STL100-1), enjoy and download this awesome leak, provided by OS Elite Team.

Download
    Mega download link
    Why only one? Because it's still for only Z10 STL100-2/3/4.
    If it stall during download, try again. Or different browser. I suggest Opera 15. Other would say Chrome or Firefox.
    If you don't like Mega, wait for mirrors. Who will post it? Some very helpful people of this community.

And here's our awesome FAQ. Never forget, this is not made by just me, but a group of very talented, intelligent and dedicated people.
    If you find a mistake, let us know. If you have ideas to improve, send it us. If you don't understand it, ask for clarification. We are here to help.
    07-28-13 10:34 PM
    Haha oh yeah I forgot, 920? We just got the 1020 at the store, that camera is pretty ridiculous. I don't use the camera that much though.

How are you liking it?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:35 PM
    Haha oh yeah I forgot, 920? We just got the 1020 at the store, that camera is pretty ridiculous. I don't use the camera that much though.

How are you liking it?

Posted via CB10
    Used my free upgrade since I technically have never upgraded with rogers, still using my Q as a DD but nice to have a secondary

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:37 PM
    Hi, has someone an Idea how to set-up exchange mail, it is not working like in .483?
    I got it to work by changing my password .483... might work in this version as well.
    07-28-13 10:38 PM
    The shame

Posted via CB10
    First off, major thanks to Adam, Pili4 and the rest of the OS Elite Team for releasing this leak. When lbfe quit the boards and Kris switched to a Q10 a few weeks back, I was worried that the leak momentum for the Z10 would slow down. Luckily Kris continued to give the Z10 much love and the formation of this OS Elite Team has been a complete godsend to the CB Nation. So much props to all of you for all of your hard work!

Prior to this leak I was running with 10.2.0.483 and was absolutely loving it! I've also been reading all the waiting room threads regarding 810 and was waiting in great anticipation for it to drop. Today was a nice surprise!

Rather than revert back to 10.1, I just installed 810 over top of 483. The OS install was super fast (under 5 minutes). Restoring the backup was interesting. Prior to flashing the OS, I downloaded BB Link 1.1.1.32 and ran a backup only on the Settings (I had almost 2 GBs of App data and wanted to get a quick restore going -- all media is on the SD card). Got a really interesting "There is no workspace on your device" message from BB Link (anyone ever see that one?) so had to restore a 10.1.0.4537 backup that I took a few weeks back. Again, since I was hot to trot to get on this leak, I decided to only restore the Settings and all worked smoothly.

To my dismay, my assumptions of what is included in the Settings back up was completely wrong. What's important to me in a backup are all the keyboard configurations, whatever the Z has learned from my typing habits, how I've set up all of my folders and icons and to a lesser extent, all of my website bookmarks (everything else has been moved to cloud services like Outlook). Sadly, the first thing I noticed after the Setting restore completed was that the icons and folders were still stock. I guess all of that is saved under the Applications backup. Anyways, no biggie, I'm doing a complete restore now and can't wait to try the new copy and paste features.

One last thing, I tried doing a search of this a couple of days ago but never got a comprehensive listing. Does anyone know exactly which features get saved to the Applications vs. Settings backup? Would love to see a sticky of that under this forum section.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    Has anybody noticed that the CB app is kinda laggy?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:40 PM
    i was trying since two hours but Mega download link not working well

any other links please update to me
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post8905391

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz0i...it?usp=sharing That one is from pili4

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...83/index2.html

There's a couple more. Next time please search thread for mirror.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:42 PM
    So is the Maps thing hit or miss? Works for some not for others?
    07-28-13 10:42 PM
    Did anyone find a way to remove the pin from the screen?

Posted via CB10
    let me slap your a$$..

why people like you have STL100-2?
    Why not just me who had STL100-2?

Posted via CB10 using Z10STL100-1 with the Ancient OS
    07-28-13 10:44 PM
    Very nice upgrade. Thanks again.
    07-28-13 10:45 PM
    Has anybody noticed that the CB app is kinda laggy?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, probably just need to let the phone settle down.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:46 PM
    So is the Maps thing hit or miss? Works for some not for others?
    I have no problems at all but others have. Mecca(i think) posted a few pages back that loading the older maps bar (I think from .483) would fix it.

Posted via CB10
    rgarza8 likes this.
    07-28-13 10:48 PM
    still using my Q as a DD but nice to have a secondary

Posted via CB10
    Of course! After having the Q for the night I would love to carry both the Z and Q.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:50 PM
    Installation went smooth, and Outlook sync worked! OS is fast.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:50 PM
    The shame

Posted via CB10
    my Q is still my DD
    07-28-13 10:51 PM
    I have no problems at all but others have. Mecca(i think) posted a few pages back that loading the older maps bar (I think from .483) would fix it.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Can someone post the bar file just in case.
    07-28-13 10:51 PM
    Here are a few observations:

1. For anyone interested, both Viber and Teamviewer are working 100%, no debug tokens needed. I've personally been waiting for these sideloaded apps for quite some time.

2. We finally have access to preferred mobile network providers under network set-up like we had with OS7. For anyone traveling internationally, this is a must-have.

3. Maps did not work for me at all, kept crashing when trying to zoom in so I just installed the BAR file from 4651, works fine now.

4. Copy and paste is just simply amazing now!! It now floats above the selection so no more worrying about the side panel popping out and the options are much easier to use than ever before. Thanks to BB for this one!!

5. The staccato keyboard is flaky sometimes. I find when I try to type very fast and get close to the lower right side of the keyboard it starts deleting as I am typing; however, a reboot does fix the problem, but a second reboot sometimes causes it to come back. Not sure what causes it.

6. Call quality is excellent

7. With Priority Inbox you now get messages marked with a red bar on the right side of the message in the HUB, so messages are very easy to identify.

8. When trying to access Personal Words under Settings you will get an error "this is under construction".

9. App Manager under settings is fully functional, again like in OS7

10. Facebook still continues to show notifications in the HUB even when they are disabled in account set-up.

11. Only complaint I have is on battery life. I still get intermittent periods where the phone is running hot, but no active frames are open. I did a security wipe so lets see what happens.

Other than that, this is by far, the best OS to-date!! Grateful to the OS Elite Team for the release and looking forward to the next one!!!
    07-28-13 10:55 PM
    Had this error too. In the end, was not able to restore backup.

EDIT: oops...was supposed to be a reply to the post about not able to restore into the personal space. I don't even have BES.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:58 PM
    So, is this working with Link .37 or are we still SOL if we don't have .32?
    Thanks!

Kris, or Adam, would be great if you guys added this to OP

For the guys who are following my guide to doing restores
    Here's the catch you MUST do
    1. Do setup but skip BBID, no need to go to 10.1
    2. Plug in to computer and let BB link recognize, do not sign in yet!
    3. Try to restore, it will tell you need to sign in (YOU MUST DO THIS STEP)
    4. Enter BBID in Settings>BBID without unplugging device
    5. TRY AGAIN in BB link, and it will still give you the same error, click cancel
    6. Disconnect device
    7. Reconnect device
    8. Restore And it should work from everytime after this. No need to repeat until you reinstall new leak

WARNING:
    Load android apps AFTER you restore. 10.1 android backup isn't compatible with 10.2. You will need to start over (some data may work, but no guarantees) in most android apps. I assume this isn't required if you're updating from 4.2.2 runtime to 4.2.2 runtime, but I don't know for sure
    07-28-13 11:02 PM
    Here are a few observations:

1. For anyone interested, both Viber and Teamviewer are working 100%, no debug tokens needed. I've personally been waiting for these sideloaded apps for quite some time.

2. We finally have access to preferred mobile network providers under network set-up like we had with OS7. For anyone traveling internationally, this is a must-have.

3. Maps did not work for me at all, kept crashing when trying to zoom in so I just installed the BAR file from 4651, works fine now.

4. Copy and paste is just simply amazing now!! It now floats above the selection so no more worrying about the side panel popping out and the options are much easier to use than ever before. Thanks to BB for this one!!

5. The staccato keyboard is flaky sometimes. I find when I try to type very fast and get close to the lower right side of the keyboard it starts deleting as I am typing; however, a reboot does fix the problem, but a second reboot sometimes causes it to come back. Not sure what causes it.

6. Call quality is excellent

7. With Priority Inbox you now get messages marked with a red bar on the right side of the message in the HUB, so messages are very easy to identify.

8. When trying to access Personal Words under Settings you will get an error "this is under construction".

9. App Manager under settings is fully functional, again like in OS7

10. Facebook still continues to show notifications in the HUB even when they are disabled in account set-up.

11. Only complaint I have is on battery life. I still get intermittent periods where the phone is running hot, but no active frames are open. I did a security wipe so lets see what happens.

Other than that, this is by far, the best OS to-date!! Grateful to the OS Elite Team for the release and looking forward to the next one!!!

I sound like a broken record. Please post the map bar file. Thanks.
    07-28-13 11:03 PM
    Has anyone else tried Netflix on this build? On mine, if I try streaming a movie I get sound and subtitles, but no picture. Can anyone else confirm that Netflix does not work on this OS?
    07-28-13 11:04 PM
1,783 ... 2021222324 ...