I got Z10 STL-1 and I am thinking about going to STL-2. But Is it worth it only due to the fact that I wanted 10.3.3 ? Which, in your opinion, OS is currently the best in terms of battery life, lack of issiues, google services runnung with no problems ?
    03-30-17 05:56 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...elist-1093916/

Read over the change log and then pick any of the threads on the 10.3.3 updates.... it's questionable if it's worth doing the update if you own a phone that can be upgraded. I really don't see the point of buying a phone just to get the update.
    03-30-17 08:44 AM
    At this point I think it's hard to say if 10.3.3. is "best bet". Some users including myself have been experiencing some annoying and problematic issues and some other users have been having a great experience. BB is aware of these issues but not sure if anything is being done about it. So in other words, "at YOUR own risk.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 06:33 PM
    It is not worth changing phones just for 10.3.3.
    James Blight likes this.
    04-05-17 06:35 PM
    It's about LTE as well.

But due to the fact that I have read that 3.3 got some issues I am a little bit confused. Should I update or stick to 10.3.2.2790 which I got currently ?
    04-06-17 08:47 AM
    It's about LTE as well.

But due to the fact that I have read that 3.3 got some issues I am a little bit confused. Should I update or stick to 10.3.2.2790 which I got currently ?
    There is no real advantage to update. If what you have is working, stay with it

A few browser tweaks and that's about it.
    James Blight likes this.
    04-06-17 08:50 AM
    One of the Browser tweaks in 10.3.3 is VERY significant for daily drivers -- the updated support for Let's Encrypt root and signing certificates which were affecting an increasing number of Web sites. This can be done independent of updating, either manually (a fair amount of work!) or with multiCERT in BlackBerry World You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59999147

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Shuswap likes this.
    04-07-17 10:19 AM
    Kind of regretting going to 10.3.3, I liked 10.3.2 better solely because Tunein radio app worked

There isn't anything in 10.3.3 that I use that wasn't in the older version. Oh well, I found a work around for Tunein so what's done is done.
    04-30-17 08:38 PM
    At this point I think it's hard to say if 10.3.3. is "best bet". Some users including myself have been experiencing some annoying and problematic issues and some other users have been having a great experience. BB is aware of these issues but not sure if anything is being done about it. So in other words, "at YOUR own risk.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has a legal obligation to correct and/ or fix any update that screwed up the phones they sell. On the day BlackBerry sells a BB10 phone, they have a legal obligation to support it for a 2 year period. By LAW.

Many people I know on the Z30, Leap, Passport and Classic are all reporting BAD SLOW browser performance, BB10 crashes, gesture UN responsiveness and so on. This must be fixed as soon as possible.

I had a chance to worn a few Z30 and Passport owners to NOT Upgrade. At the moment, there phones run Fluid and Fast.

Can we go back to the previous OS version? By using the PC and forcing it or something?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 02:41 PM
    BlackBerry has a legal obligation to correct and/ or fix any update that screwed up the phones they sell. On the day BlackBerry sells a BB10 phone, they have a legal obligation to support it for a 2 year period. By LAW.
    By law? Really? Link?

Can we go back to the previous OS version? By using the PC and forcing it or something?

Posted via CB10
    There are tons of threads on this.....NO.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    05-01-17 05:13 PM

Many people I know on the Z30, Leap, Passport and Classic are all reporting BAD SLOW browser performance, BB10 crashes, gesture UN responsiveness and so on. This must be fixed as soon as possible.

I had a chance to worn a few Z30 and Passport owners to NOT Upgrade. At the moment, there phones run Fluid and Fast.

Posted via CB10
    A clean install of the OS should take most (if not all) of the problems away.

I have 10.3.3.2205 running on several Z10s, Z30s and Qs without issue.

I'm also not aware of any statute that requires 2 years of manufacturer's support. Tens of millions of Android devices are sold every year without ever seeing a glimpse of an update - ever.
    joewoo likes this.
    05-01-17 05:26 PM
    A clean install of the OS should take most (if not all) of the problems away.

I have 10.3.3.2205 running on several Z10s, Z30s and Qs without issue.

I'm also not aware of any statute that requires 2 years of manufacturer's support. Tens of millions of Android devices are sold every year without ever seeing a glimpse of an update - ever.
    Thank You, the clean install fixed the performance issues. Z30 runs like a dream now.

Yes it's by law that a manufacturer that sells a product, that product or service must be supported for up to 2 years starting fro the last bill of sale. So if a brand new Passport for example was sold in 2018. BB10 must be supported up to 2020. Then they can announce they will dump it. Until then, it ain't happening. Unless they plan on fighting a class action.

This is Consumer Protection. Same happened with HD DVD, Toshiba cancelled it. But had to provide support for 2 years more Max. And they did.
    Same with the Sega DreamCast, canceled the platform. , but offered 2 years support. Actually they offered support longer than 2 years because of Japan. DreamCast Japan version went on for many more years.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 07:50 PM
    Yes it's by law that a manufacturer that sells a product, that product or service must be supported for up to 2 years starting fro the last bill of sale. So if a brand new Passport for example was sold in 2018. BB10 must be supported up to 2020. Then they can announce they will dump it. Until then, it ain't happening. Unless they plan on fighting a class action.
    What country is that?

I suppose "support" can simply mean someone will answer the phone if one has a problem. I know for a fact that software updates are not required.
    05-11-17 07:54 PM
    What country is that?

I suppose "support" can simply mean someone will answer the phone if one has a problem. I know for a fact that software updates are not required.
    Software updates? Correct., but they must offer OS support via the device warranty and up to 2 years. Country. Canada and Europe. In sure the USA has this too. Based on others I've spoken too.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 08:19 PM
    That's just not true. In Germany they have to replace the devices if it breaks down within two years but no software updates etc

Sent from my Bold Q10
    05-12-17 06:17 PM
    Software updates? Correct., but they must offer OS support via the device warranty and up to 2 years. Country. Canada and Europe. In sure the USA has this too. Based on others I've spoken too.

Posted via CB10
    Citation. Needed.
    05-12-17 07:01 PM
    if I am not mistaken, the STL-1 only got 1 Gb ram, where as others got 2. yes, if upgrade is not too expansive, I would. The 10.3.2 and up are much better than the early BB10 OS. 10.3.3, didn't see that much difference between 10.3.2. possibly just the security. If you do not use Droid app, by all means, up grade. Personally, I would upgrade to 9982 if not price prohibitive (3 or 4 Gb ram?... huge difference)
    05-12-17 08:04 PM
    I've a Z10 STL100-1 and it's 2 GB memory

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 08:16 PM
    if I am not mistaken, the STL-1 only got 1 Gb ram, where as others got 2. yes, if upgrade is not too expansive, I would. The 10.3.2 and up are much better than the early BB10 OS. 10.3.3, didn't see that much difference between 10.3.2. possibly just the security. If you do not use Droid app, by all means, up grade. Personally, I would upgrade to 9982 if not price prohibitive (3 or 4 Gb ram?... huge difference)
    It has 2GB RAM, just with a different CPU and cellular modem (no LTE, no 10.3.3).
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-12-17 08:50 PM
    10.3.3.x is buggy. Even after a wipe and clean reinstall. Also tried it on my backup unopened Z30. Browser still crashes spontaneously and the read/unread email on the overflow menu when in the email messes up.

10.3.2.x was much better. Unfortunately VZW forced the update on my newer Z30 and I wasn't able to stop it.

I have a list of issues somewhere posted 'round these parts that still hold true if you search for it.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 09:37 AM