03-09-15 09:37 PM
338 ... 1011121314
tools
    I decided to update using the Blitz last night and all went well. My Android programs work much faster now and that is a nice plus. My old side loaded Netflix app no longer works though, I uninstalled it and side loaded it again and it still didn't work. It is no longer compatible. I just wanted to see if that was the reason or if it just needed to be installed again. I downloaded the current one using Snap and it works very well.

I lost the Porsche Design clock and almost stayed withe the new Clock app but loaded the Porsche Design clock again. I prefer the color of the Porsche clock in Bedside mode. I have problems seeing the red Bedside mode clock from any distance at night. It is too dim. I liked the color of the Bedside mode clock ion BB7 and wish they hadn't changed it in BB10. The color of the Porsche Design clock is easy to see at night using Bedside Mode.

After the phone scanned my memory card, the phone was very snappy. It didn't need time to "settle in" this time. It worked very well within the hour. so far battery life seems to be at least as good as my last OS which was the official AT&T version.
    02-01-15 11:16 AM
    Thanks for this .
    will reply back with its great abilities
    presently on 10.3.0.1418

Q5-SQR 100-3
    02-01-15 11:30 AM
    I decided to update using the Blitz last night and all went well. My Android programs work much faster now and that is a nice plus. My old side loaded Netflix app no longer works though, I uninstalled it and side loaded it again and it still didn't work. It is no longer compatible. I just wanted to see if that was the reason or if it just needed to be installed again. I downloaded the current one using Snap and it works very well.

I lost the Porsche Design clock and almost stayed withe the new Clock app but loaded the Porsche Design clock again. I prefer the color of the Porsche clock in Bedside mode. I have problems seeing the red Bedside mode clock from any distance at night. It is too dim. I liked the color of the Bedside mode clock ion BB7 and wish they hadn't changed it in BB10. The color of the Porsche Design clock is easy to see at night using Bedside Mode.

After the phone scanned my memory card, the phone was very snappy. It didn't need time to "settle in" this time. It worked very well within the hour. so far battery life seems to be at least as good as my last OS which was the official AT&T version.
    Netflix is working fine for me, I have the 1MobileMarket version installed.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 11:44 AM
    Netflix is working fine for me, I have the 1MobileMarket version installed.

Posted via CB10
    Netflix is working for me as well, just not the old, very old, side loaded version I had before the OS update. The current one from Netflix works perfectly. My point that I was making to the person I replied to was that they may have some outdated Android programs that are not compatible with BB10.3.
    dudoo likes this.
    02-01-15 12:41 PM
    I blitzed 10.3.1.2702 last night and everything went well until this morning when I couldn't sms due to the send key not sending my responses weird bug, is anybody having sms issues, is there anyway I can fix this???

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 12:50 PM
    Someone else will have to step in here to confirm, but I believe you will have to use an autoloader.
    Thanks, hopefully somebody can confirm this?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 01:09 PM
    Ok. After downloading the Blitz file, I opened Sachesi 2.0 and after the phone communicated with the computer (w8.1), I dragged the file into the Install tab. It recognized the file, skipped 13 files, loaded 199 files, including the OS and Radio, went through all the reboots and wala! No changes! Still on 10.2.2.1532 on an unlocked Z10 (ATT). Repeated with the same result. Any suggestions?
    02-01-15 03:02 PM
    Ok. After downloading the Blitz file, I opened Sachesi 2.0 and after the phone communicated with the computer (w8.1), I dragged the file into the Install tab. It recognized the file, skipped 13 files, loaded 199 files, including the OS and Radio, went through all the reboots and wala! No changes! Still on 10.2.2.1532 on an unlocked Z10 (ATT). Repeated with the same result. Any suggestions?
    This is similar to what happened to me before the keyboard issues and issues I have afterwards.
    02-01-15 03:20 PM
    This is similar to what happened to me before the keyboard issues and issues I have afterwards.
    Did you have issues with the keyboard not responding and not letting you unlock your phone too?

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    02-01-15 04:28 PM
    I used this to update from 1154 on Saturday. It seems to be working great! I know my apps are for sure working better, and battery seems to be great!
    Thanks!

My awesome Z30
    02-01-15 04:49 PM
    Worked like a charm on both a TMo and Verizon Z10. Awesome.

Blend works like a charm too....fantastic utility.

Only MINOR observation: Prior to "blitzing", I had one computer on RFA with the TMo Z10. Let's say that computer's name was HomeComp in the file manager on the Z10.

After blitzing and setting everything up again, I have the original entry in the file manager on the Z10, i.e. "HomeComp", which now gives an error of "Folder Unavailable, Invalid Argument" when tapping on it. There is now a NEW entry named "HomeComp-1", as well, that works like a charm on RFA.

Not sure how to remove the original, now disabled/dead, "HomeComp" entry. Not a big deal at all. Other than that, everything is just humming right along.

In retrospect, I should have deleted "HomeComp" off of 10.2.x prior to the blitz. NOT COMPLAINING AT ALL. Nice OS upgrade. Live and Learn...

Many thanks to all who have "paw prints" on this leak....
    02-01-15 05:03 PM
    Third time was a charm! Will post if there is anything unusual. Thanks all!!
    02-01-15 05:13 PM
    Third time was a charm! Will post if there is anything unusual. Thanks all!!
    I have a theory, supported by no real evidence, that multiple nondestructive loads or overwrites of the same OS upgrade, especially when there is a major jump, say, from 10.2 to 10.3.1 or the like, can solve many of the problems for which a wipe or autoload is recommended, and, of course, without the hassle of a wipe or autoload in terms of reregistering apps.

This is because, I think, the phone keeps the old OS around in reserve in case the nondestructive or OTA load fails or is incomplete. With multiple loads, which in Sachesi may require that the "newer files only" option be unchecked, the old OS is eventually completely erased. In any case, as I've said before in these threads, BlackBerry never intended end users to do autoloads, so it would make sense that we would never have to use them.

Maybe one of the techies here will comment.
    02-01-15 05:46 PM
    I loaded the blitz a few days ago and things are going well!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 06:25 PM
    Opened up camera app with a flicker show today. You could see it across 4 states. Typical reboot fixed it. Reminiscent of the battery pull days of the mid 2000s.

After a few days I see 0 improvement in the battery. Still good, but no BS 2 days to charge.

However, it does seem to run smoother than 1154.

Still not up to snuff for a 500.00 device.
    02-01-15 06:28 PM
    Opened up camera app with a flicker show today. You could see it across 4 states. Typical reboot fixed it. Reminiscent of the battery pull days of the mid 2000s.

After a few days I see 0 improvement in the battery. Still good, but no BS 2 days to charge.

However, it does seem to run smoother than 1154.

Still not up to snuff for a 500.00 device.
    Then don't load a leak on your $500 device. Stick with 10.3.0.1418.

Via CB10 and typed on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    02-01-15 06:49 PM
    Why don't you try upgrading through Sachesi, it can be done. Others may have their reasons for disagreeing, but when carriers release the official 10.3.1.xxxx OS through OTA it'll be the same as if were done using Sachesi. If things don't work out, or something happens along the way, you can always revert to using an autoloader instead or downgrading back to your existing OS using Blackberry Link.
    I agree that I should just use Sachesi, which is what I like use to begin with.
    The main problem is, I don't want to go through autoloader, if I have to I'd rather do that now. I am totally trying to avoid having to reload everything which takes forever and not easy to get it all right in the end.
    Isn't this semi-official release anyway? My only concern is this states Classic and I am having hard time understanding how an OS made for Classic can work smoothly on Z30 with different resolution.

I am not sure if anyone here can confirm but can I just use this code setting and upgrade my Z10 from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1?
    02-01-15 07:21 PM
    Pdinos3

It's not that great either. Better than any other OS BlackBerry has slid out the back door. I'm just giving my review of the leak. I love blackberry, but I'm not going to kiss anyone's *** over defects in any product I purchase.
    02-01-15 08:10 PM
    I agree that I should just use Sachesi, which is what I like use to begin with.
    The main problem is, I don't want to go through autoloader, if I have to I'd rather do that now. I am totally trying to avoid having to reload everything which takes forever and not easy to get it all right in the end.
    Isn't this semi-official release anyway? My only concern is this states Classic and I am having hard time understanding how an OS made for Classic can work smoothly on Z30 with different resolution.

I am not sure if anyone here can confirm but can I just use this code setting and upgrade my Z10 from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1?
    http://i.gyazo.com/494866f7a9aa277597fe4f8d22c9e4df.png
    I don't think so. Why don't you just use the Blitz file with Sachesi for your Z10? Sachesi won't let you load anything that is incompatible with your phone. And there is no autoloader involved at all.
    02-01-15 08:11 PM
    I don't think so. Why don't you just use the Blitz file with Sachesi for your Z10? Sachesi won't let you load anything that is incompatible with your phone. And there is no autoloader involved at all.
    Agreed there, seems the best idea :/

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    02-01-15 09:18 PM
    The Droid runtime is going great so far. Angry birds transformers is playable. I have priorities

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    02-01-15 09:24 PM
    http://i.gyazo.com/494866f7a9aa277597fe4f8d22c9e4df.png
    Referencing your attached image, that would be the setting to upgrade a Z30, as you have it set.

For a Z10, you will need to change the drop down, at the bottom, where it says "Download For Device" to your specific Z10 model # or simple set it to "Connected" after you've connected your device. Sachesi is smart enough to retrieve the correct links for your device when downloading. You can also verify this prior to downloading by clicking on the "Grab Links" button. There it will open up a file and state at the top, "Links have been converted to work on your selected device". These are the individual links to the bars Sachesi will use to upgrade your device. Or as others have suggested you can use a Blitz file instead.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    02-02-15 12:45 AM
    Referencing your attached image, that would be the setting to upgrade a Z30, as you have it set.

For a Z10, you will need to change the drop down, at the bottom, where it says "Download For Device" to your specific Z10 model # or simple set it to "Connected" after you've connected your device. Sachesi is smart enough to retrieve the correct links for your device when downloading. You can also verify this prior to downloading by clicking on the "Grab Links" button. There it will open up a file and state at the top, "Links have been converted to work on your selected device". These are the individual links to the bars Sachesi will use to upgrade your device. Or as others have suggested you can use a Blitz file instead.
    Thank you so much, for now I am just focusing on Z30, will get to Z10 later, because my wife doesn't really mind staying with 10.2 for now, in fact she might even blame me for upgrading to 10.3 if anything goes wrong, even if it's not remotely related to 10.3..

I am curious, how did everyone know the Classic software release would work with Z30, in the past Q10 releases did not really work in Z10 or Z30. Did someone just try it and figure out that it works?
    02-02-15 12:55 AM
    Only the Z10 STL100-1 and Passport devices use a different core OS. All other devices use the same core OS. No matter Classic, Z30, Z10 -2 -3 -4, or Q10
    02-02-15 01:02 AM
    Only the Z10 STL100-1 and Passport devices use a different core OS. All other devices use the same core OS. No matter Classic, Z30, Z10 -2 -3 -4, or Q10
    So they re-scale everything on the file? I guess they don't use that much fixed ratio stuff, other than images.
    If I load 10.3.1 for Q10 and Z30, what is the differentiating factor? Is it Radio (due to hardware difference) and apps file? It's 3 sets of files, right? Radio, Apps, OS..
    I am not familiar with these that much so I may be talking nonsense here, but it's good to know. Thanks.
    02-02-15 02:23 AM
338 ... 1011121314