08-25-14 04:44 AM
53 123
tools
    I've read a bunch of threads and while I want to try a leaked version I'm afraid I lack the tech skill to do it. Seems so complicated.

Autoloaders, multiple files etc etc. And the risk of my phone going into brick mode lol.

So I'll ask another question. When is an official roll out expected?

If I decide I want to give it a whirl is it as hard to install as it seems. I get dizzy reading all the tech stuff in the threads.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    08-23-14 05:09 PM
    We ain't getting 10.3 we are getting 10.3.1 so u can wait till I think September or early fall

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 05:15 PM
    Won't be on current devices... 10.3.1 will be available after the Passport and Classic release which means at least September.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 05:16 PM
    Nobody knows yet with certainty. 10.3 will officially see light of day with Passport release, which is hopefully September.

For all previous BB10 devices we're waiting for release of 10.3.1. A safe guess at this point seems November, but that's just a guess.
    08-23-14 05:17 PM
    1. Back Up your device through BlackBerry Link.
    2.Download the Autoloader for your device.
    3.Close BlackBerry Link, leave phone plugged into PC.
    4.Run Autoloader file.
    5.Sit back, wait for it to finish. Go through set up on the phone.
    6.Go to settings, do security wipe.
    7. Set up phone again and restore DONE

Posted via CB10
    moderatefello and drfever like this.
    08-23-14 05:18 PM
    ... 10.3.1 will be available after the Passport and Classic release which means at least September.
    Passport expected in September yes, but I think Classic will be later than that.
    08-23-14 05:19 PM
    If I decide I want to give it a whirl is it as hard to install as it seems. I get dizzy reading all the tech stuff in the threads.
    There's two methods. Using an autoloader is one, considered a "destructive" upgrade because it automatically wipes your device, hence the need to make a Backup first with Link so you can restore your info after. This is the simplest as it involves the least work on your part: some steps take a while to complete, but you're just waiting not doing anything.

The other method in this case is a non-destructive upgrade with the OS debrick file. This is what sounds more complicated. It's not that much more complicated, but still not as simple as the autoloader method. I'd very highly recommend a precautionary Backup with Link as well, but if all goes well you won't actually need it.
    HotFix likes this.
    08-23-14 05:25 PM
    Thank you all for the replies.

I tell you these bullet point replies are so much easier to understand than well intended threads that get to long lol

This community is awesome.

Barracuda7772 likes this.
    08-23-14 05:26 PM
    1. Back Up your device through BlackBerry Link.
    4.Run Autoloader file.

Posted via CB10
    At any point so I need to put my phone into dev mode?

08-23-14 05:27 PM
    Oh and how much time should I allot to this process of installing a 10.3 leak if I decide to give it a try?

08-23-14 05:29 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 05:31 PM
    Oh and how much time should I allot to this process of installing a 10.3 leak if I decide to give it a try?

Mine took about 15 minutes, but, I didn't restore anything or backup anything

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 05:32 PM
    Dev mode is not necessary.

A destructive ("autoloader") load, which clears the phone, requires about 10 minutes but then you have to set everything back up (email accounts, etc.) That will take a while!

A non-destructive load usually takes about an hour and a half, plus the time for the first boot (~10 minutes or so.)
    08-23-14 05:33 PM
    [QUOTE=Mitchell Thurber;10752590]1. Back Up your device through BlackBerry Link.
    4.Run Autoloader file.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE

you suppose to power off device after powering off link.
    Then when you click on autoloader and the bootroom appears one push on Z power button
    joeldf and Lawrie Sherratt like this.
    08-23-14 05:45 PM
    I've read a bunch of threads and while I want to try a leaked version I'm afraid I lack the tech skill to do it. Seems so complicated.

Autoloaders, multiple files etc etc. And the risk of my phone going into brick mode lol.

So I'll ask another question. When is an official roll out expected?

not worth to try 10.3 leak...radio not that good for certain people.
    08-23-14 05:50 PM
    I'd also recommend restoring as little as possible as some people who restore have more problems.

Posted with my z10 running 10.3.0.1052
    anon1727506 likes this.
    08-23-14 05:53 PM

you suppose to power off device after powering off link.
    Then when you click on autoloader and the bootroom appears one push on Z power button
    I've autoloaded my phone several times since getting it a year ago, including putting 10.3 on my Z10 last night.

I've never powered off the device at any point in the initial loading process. I just double click the autoloader after closing Link.

Posted via CB10
    FCSC and Mitchell Thurber like this.
    08-23-14 06:06 PM

Hi, as you can see from my signature, I have installed a lot of leaks. It is simple and virtually fool proof. Here are my instructions and advice. I also include links to a couple of other threads that include even more detailed instructions. Do not be worried this is a very fool proof procedure:

To install follow these simple steps.

Preliminary notes:
    Generally the file you download is a zip file that you can open using the free 7-Zip software 7-Zip the built in unzipper on a PC wont do it.
    These instructions are for PCs, I don't believe that you can use this method on a MAC. Some people don't restore but re-set everything up from scratch. I personally have not had a problem restoring.
    Do not have your BB connected to the PC via a USB hub. The USB cable must connect your BB directly to the PC.
    I have seen one leak where the zip file does not contain an autoloader. Rather it contains two files. In the example I saw there was an exe file and a bat file. To start loading the leak you double click the batch file and it started the loading process.

1. Download the correct zip file for your make and model of BB
    2. extract the autoloader.exe file
    3. Backup your BB10 using BBLink. This is necessary because the autoloader will wipe all the data and settings on your device. Note it will not touch data on your SD Card.
    4. Close BBLink. Keep your PC connected to the BB10
    5. Start the autoloader .exe file. This will load the new version of the OS
    6. Go through the initialization process (don't bother to sign into BB unless you don't plan to do a security wipe in step 7). There is a two-step tutorial at the end that you cannot bypass.
    7. Do a security wipe of the phone by going to Settings/Security and Privacy/Security Wipe (this takes about 20 minutes or so). This is a recommended but not required step, its purpose is to clean any fragments of older OS or other software left on the phone.
    8. Repeat step 6, signing into BB this time (omit if no security wipe done).
    9. Restore from BBLink. I recommend that you do not do a full restore but restore settings and media first, then restore applications data
    10. You will have to reinput passwords for e-mail, linked in, facebook etc and redo bluetooth connections (don't know why it doesn't save them).

You now have the latest software. It takes about 24 hours for the OS to settle down, re-index things etc. but then you will find you have a much better, smoother running machine with more functionality and better battery life.

More detailed instructions can be found here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ummies-895151/

and here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rocess-876037/
    08-23-14 06:19 PM
    Hi, as you can see from my signature, I have installed a lot of leaks. It is simple and virtually fool proof. Here are my instructions and advice. I also include links to a couple of other threads that include even more detailed instructions. Do not be worried this is a very fool proof procedure:

Preliminary notes:
    Generally the file you download is a zip file that you can open using the free 7-Zip software 7-Zip the built in unzipper on a PC wont do it.
    These instructions are for PCs, I don't believe that you can use this method on a MAC. Some people don't restore but re-set everything up from scratch. I personally have not had a problem restoring.
    Do not have your BB connected to the PC via a USB hub. The USB cable must connect your BB directly to the PC.
    I have seen one leak where the zip file does not contain an autoloader. Rather it contains two files. In the example I saw there was an exe file and a bat file. To start loading the leak you double click the batch file and it started the loading process.

3. Backup your BB10 using BBLink. This is necessary because the autoloader will wipe all the data and settings on your device. Note it will not touch data on your SD Card.
    6. Go through the initialization process (don't bother to sign into BB unless you don't plan to do a security wipe in step 7). There is a two-step tutorial at the end that you cannot bypass.
    7. Do a security wipe of the phone by going to Settings/Security and Privacy/Security Wipe (this takes about 20 minutes or so). This is a recommended but not required step, its purpose is to clean any fragments of older OS or other software left on the phone.
    9. Restore from BBLink. I recommend that you do not do a full restore but restore settings and media first, then restore applications data
    10. You will have to reinput passwords for e-mail, linked in, facebook etc and redo bluetooth connections (don't know why it doesn't save them).

You now have the latest software. It takes about 24 hours for the OS to settle down, re-index things etc. but then you will find you have a much better, smoother running machine with more functionality and better battery life.

and here:

What he said. Remember about the 7zip. Many forget that in their instructions. And remember. Chances of soft bricking your phone are minimal. Completely bricking your phone is almost impossible. And you can always revert back to your original OS. No need to worry

Via CB10 Running Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1052
    Hamilton Guy likes this.
    08-23-14 06:23 PM
    I bricked my phone on multiple leaks. However this is usually down to the download. Usually it will say the file is corrupted. Not for me, it extracted fully and was able to run the software, but received the red blinking lights. Downloaded the file from the same link on my phone (after using link to go back to 10.2) and transferred it to my pc, ran it, and bingo it worked. Remember, if at any time you get the red led's, link is your saviour!!!

Also on another note, after I got the red LED's, I couldn't get ANY other autoloader leak that I had working, .140, .256, .700 tried them all and nothing helped... so link really is the best option, to downgrade to the latest official, and then run autoloader
    Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 06:45 PM
    I've autoloaded my phone several times since getting it a year ago, including putting 10.3 on my Z10 last night.

I've never powered off the device at any point in the initial loading process. I just double click the autoloader after closing Link.

Posted via CB10
    really and you never brick your phone???

I remember my first time..I soft brick my phone cause of the Z10 not powered off....

Well that is news to me....I will keep that in mind for the next time and give it a try
    08-23-14 07:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Don't know what Alain is talking about.

STL100-3 | Rogers | 10.3.0.xxxx
    08-23-14 08:03 PM
    really and you never brick your phone???

I remember my first time..I soft brick my phone cause of the Z10 not powered off....

Well that is news to me....I will keep that in mind for the next time and give it a try
    Early autoloaders(the first few 10.2) leaks required me to plug my phone then restart so it connects to bootrom. Now, I can still have my phone on and plugged in, and the autoloader resets my phone for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 08:10 PM
    Early autoloaders(the first few 10.2) leaks required me to plug my phone then restart so it connects to bootrom. Now, I can still have my phone on and plugged in, and the autoloader resets my phone for me.

Posted via CB10
    sweet....when that happen to me was last year when the Z10 came out...so yes it was at the early leaks...and I've always kept it that way..Now i'll be trying that
    08-23-14 08:30 PM

Preliminary notes:

and here:

Incredibile detail. Thank you so much and thanks to all that have provided help in this thread. I think I've built up the confidence to give it a try tomorrow.

08-23-14 08:42 PM
53 123