07-04-16 12:50 AM
138 12345 ...
tools
    When an OS becomes secure and rated for Government uses the non approved apps go away. It really is a simple concept, the black phone that is super secure segregates the OS from android.
    "When an OS becomes secured..." now I'm confused because I have been led to believe that BB10 was already the most secure OS out there. Meanwhile iOS 9 has been NIAP approved for months.
    06-29-16 03:44 PM
    "When an OS becomes secured..." now I'm confused because I have been led to believe that BB10 was already the most secure OS out there. Meanwhile iOS 9 has been NIAP approved for months.
    I miss your point, OS 9 is a CLOSED SYSTEM......OS 10 is also a Closed system with a hack that allows it to do other things.....sooooo your point is what/?
    06-29-16 04:38 PM
    I miss your point, OS 9 is a CLOSED SYSTEM......OS 10 is also a Closed system with a hack that allows it to do other things.....sooooo your point is what/?
    This is telling... do you think closed systems are secure because they're closed?

If iOS9 has NIAP compliance, the criteria doesn't include the possibility of it being jailbroken.

BB10 hasn't been jailbroken, yet isn't in compliance yet.
    06-29-16 04:57 PM
    This is telling... do you think closed systems are secure because they're closed?

If iOS9 has NIAP compliance, the criteria doesn't include the possibility of it being jailbroken.

BB10 hasn't been jailbroken, yet isn't in compliance yet.

That's not what I said..........since no one reads the posts but has a knee jerk reaction................what ever you guys want. As a Corporate user I will stay with what BB has told people with skin in the game.

DONE AND DONE
    06-29-16 05:12 PM
    This is like hearing bad news that makes you cry and then other people join the convo and just keep re-iterating the bad points to make you cry again.... so depressing. So sorry to hear that this change would potentially kill the sideloading...

Now I am not sure about all the requirements of this NIAP certification, but since sideloading will be no more, and a user from another thread told me no ART updates would be forthcoming, does it mean that the ART could eventually be stripped out of BB10? I am seeing that there are some android devices that are NIAP certified, so is it possible for the ART to be "hardened" and allow it to use .apk app from the play store? Hrrrm. Just don't know.
    06-29-16 07:06 PM
    Side loading isn't a hack, it's an intended feature built into the OS.
    Vistaus likes this.
    06-29-16 07:17 PM
    Off your meds?
    Haha nice. High-paw!

The fact that you say "woof!" after every comment, thinking that you're a dog as shown by your avatar, spreading FUD makes me think you are.
    Vistaus likes this.
    06-29-16 07:26 PM
    Hi,

For me end of BB10 is pretty close.

1) My passport still has flickering in SMS.
    2) WhatsApp (and yes, i need it) stops support on BB10 end of this year.
    3) is sideloadind the android-port is impossible - i have to change.

4) only question: iphone 6s (or soon 7) or the priv...
    5) the priv is quite old, i would prefer a priv2 :-)

Stefan

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 07:33 PM
    Side loading isn't a hack, it's an intended feature built into the OS.
    What ever you say, tell that to BB next time you call with an issue and they tell you that you have unauthorized apps...........hmmmmmmmm.
    06-29-16 08:18 PM
    This is like hearing bad news that makes you cry and then other people join the convo and just keep re-iterating the bad points to make you cry again.... so depressing. So sorry to hear that this change would potentially kill the sideloading...

Now I am not sure about all the requirements of this NIAP certification, but since sideloading will be no more, and a user from another thread told me no ART updates would be forthcoming, does it mean that the ART could eventually be stripped out of BB10? I am seeing that there are some android devices that are NIAP certified, so is it possible for the ART to be "hardened" and allow it to use .apk app from the play store? Hrrrm. Just don't know.
    Good question, at the security meeting for corporate users we we're told to get ready to have our apps certified. in the end who cares until the ball drops lets enjoy the OS.
    K3_Cubed likes this.
    06-29-16 08:21 PM
    Haha nice. High-paw!

The fact that you say "woof!" after every comment, thinking that you're a dog as shown by your avatar, spreading FUD makes me think you are.
    What ever you think, it is always better to stamp your feet about something you don't like.....I'm sure it will make a difference....perhaps a online petition my help?

That's what I like about Crackberry, news that is not liked cannot be true, at the next Corporate meeting with BB I will be sure to mention your concern.
    06-29-16 08:26 PM
    Welp it's time for me to move on from BB10. Just ordered my priv yesterday. Tired of all this BS from Chen. It's coming in march no june now july. still love BB which is why i'm buying a priv
    Chen has a way of wearing even the most die hard fan down eventually. He reminds me of the black smoke monster from "Lost".

Z5 Premium - 6.0.1 - T-Mobile USA
    06-29-16 08:56 PM
    What ever you say, tell that to BB next time you call with an issue and they tell you that you have unauthorized apps...........hmmmmmmmm.
    Of course, BlackBerry only provides support for apps downloaded through BlackBerry World or Amazon. They can't provide support for other marketplaces but that doesn't mean sideloading is a hack as a result (you have to get signing keys from BlackBerry to sideload bar files and Android apps can only be installed after changing a user facing setting).

BlackBerry even provides a service (Guardian) to scan sideloaded apps for malware before you install them so they definitely see it as a feature instead of a hack IMO.
    Vistaus likes this.
    06-29-16 09:04 PM
    Of course, BlackBerry only provides support for apps downloaded through BlackBerry World or Amazon. They can't provide support for other marketplaces but that doesn't mean sideloading is a hack as a result (you have to get signing keys from BlackBerry to sideload bar files and Android apps can only be installed after changing a user facing setting).

BlackBerry even provides a service (Guardian) to scan sideloaded apps for malware before you install them so they definitely see it as a feature instead of a hack IMO.
    No but on the consumer side yes. The OS is going away from consumer and moving to Corporate/Government. This has been my point all along.
    Kamika007z and moyah8 like this.
    06-29-16 09:26 PM
    To add to what thatguyusa said,

BlackBerry is going to support BBX for corporate/government users until all current devices are deemed EOL.

Unless we see some resurgence or rise in BBX, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-29-16 11:27 PM
    What ever you think, it is always better to stamp your feet about something you don't like.....I'm sure it will make a difference....perhaps a online petition my help?

That's what I like about Crackberry, news that is not liked cannot be true, at the next Corporate meeting with BB I will be sure to mention your concern.
    Thanks bud.

I'll be right there with you. We can woof it up together.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-29-16 11:31 PM
    I hope they really reconsidered their option on BB10 because Android DOES NOT provide the real BLACKBERRY EXPERIENCE.
    Vistaus, moyah8 and madh263362 like this.
    06-30-16 12:24 AM
    I hope they really reconsidered their option on BB10 because Android DOES NOT provide the real BLACKBERRY EXPERIENCE.
    One can hope or wish, but...
    http://rapidmobile.biz/blackberry/ne...-discontinued/

*ME173X
    06-30-16 12:43 AM
    Yep... as I thought so.
    06-30-16 01:39 AM
    I love this comment on the article: (Credit to MistelMistel who posted it)

"Without BlackBerry 10 devices I see no reason why BlackBerry should stay in the smartphone business.

If I would want a Android device I could get one immediately for a very low price. But I've paid a high price tag for using a BlackBerry for a good reason. The new Android devices will be a big fail like the BlackBerry Priv. A huge waste of money and resources they should have better invested into BlackBerry 10 instead! "

I fully echo their statement. :-(

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    elfabio80 and scrapmetal58 like this.
    06-30-16 04:05 AM
    I love this comment on the article: (Credit to MistelMistel who posted it)

"Without BlackBerry 10 devices I see no reason why BlackBerry should stay in the smartphone business.

If I would want a Android device I could get one immediately for a very low price. But I've paid a high price tag for using a BlackBerry for a good reason. The new Android devices will be a big fail like the BlackBerry Priv. A huge waste of money and resources they should have better invested into BlackBerry 10 instead! "

I fully echo their statement. :-(

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    I'm sure that was yet another butthurt Crackberry member. Same unrealistic M.O.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    ikalinin likes this.
    06-30-16 06:18 AM
    why are you even waiting for 10.3.3??
    06-30-16 09:08 AM
    I'm not sure what I care less about: 10.3.3 which only brings NIAP spyware, or the BlackBerry (Alcatel) HUMBUG phone.
    06-30-16 09:45 AM
    Hi,

For me end of BB10 is pretty close.

1) My passport still has flickering in SMS.
    2) WhatsApp (and yes, i need it) stops support on BB10 end of this year.
    3) is sideloadind the android-port is impossible - i have to change.

4) only question: iphone 6s (or soon 7) or the priv...
    5) the priv is quite old, i would prefer a priv2 :-)

Stefan

Posted via CB10
    The sad part about iOS is the lack of an SD card slot, the requirement of an app to handle attachments for email, many attachments I need to send or receive are not for the phone, but the computer, for which there are no apps. I need to receive them while traveling without access to WIFI, such as on a ship at sea. I use my phone instead of buying WIFI since I have unlimited data everywhere. It is also impossible to limit the the way it downloads email like you can on BB10. This causes it to eat data while traveling. For me, this makes email very slow since often the service I get is extremely slow, worse than EDGE at times since it cuts out often.

The photo organizing is hideous on iOS compared to BB10, or even BB7. You cannot make albums like you do on BB10. The lack of a file manager. But Android is tied to Google, so they track you excessively. I hate that. So there is no good choice for me. I lean towards iOS, but I have yet to solve all its issues related to my needs.

I use both iOS with an iPod Touch, and Android on a limited basis with a small tablet, it is about the size of the iPod Touch. Android is aggravating and clunky, but can be customized. Still, Google is intrusive.

I am sad that Blackberry screwed up a good thing.
    06-30-16 11:27 AM
    Not much of a rumour anymore. Chen strikes again! I don't care for that certification really, but what annoys me is Chen/BB's carelessness. At least tell us it's rescheduled. Again.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-30-16 12:06 PM
138 12345 ...