07-03-16 11:50 PM
138 1234 ...
tools
    Please provide us with links that support your assertions. Otherwise, stop spreading misinformation.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιт > 
    We call it facts, secure OS systems cannot allow non OS 3rd party apps................hmmmmmmmmmmm..........just the facts.
    06-28-16 02:46 PM
    We call it facts, secure OS systems cannot allow non OS 3rd party apps................hmmmmmmmmmmm..........just the facts.
    So you've made it up, then?
    06-28-16 02:57 PM
    So you've made it up, then?
    No we have been told months ago as a Corprate user, to get all 3rd party apps certified. But who cares, this is Crackberry we're feel good reinghs King
    06-28-16 03:21 PM
    It's going to be released in ten minutes' time along with a surprise announcement of a new line-up of OS 10 phones. The phones will be a smash hit, selling in the high tens of millions, and propel BlackBerry to profitability. This will all happen by 13 September at 21:39 GMT.
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-28-16 03:34 PM
    During a press conference on the results of the first quarter, BlackBerry CEO John Chen has spent little time discussing the BlackBerry 10 operating system, but has repeatedly said that it BlackBerry 10 developers and commitment has not changed."
    Yes, the commitment to BB10 has not changed, they remain uncommitted to BB10.
    hellomoto921 likes this.
    06-28-16 03:43 PM
    No we have been told months ago as a Corprate user, to get all 3rd party apps certified. But who cares, this is Crackberry we're feel good reinghs King
    ALL 3rd party apps oO ? http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...11/053/3ec.gif

Via Pasta CB10
    06-28-16 03:55 PM
    Perhaps.

Since the remaining BlackBerry users are all obviously mobile professionals, getting rid of frivolities like sideloading and instant messaging should go over well.

I just hope I get advanced warning to prepare for the incoming ****-storm on CB that day...
    06-28-16 03:57 PM
    ALL 3rd party apps oO ? http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...11/053/3ec.gif

Via Pasta CB10
    My mistake these are apps that are company specific, not consumer.
    06-28-16 03:58 PM
    Perhaps.

Since the remaining BlackBerry users are all obviously mobile professionals, getting rid of frivolities like sideloading and instant messaging should go over well.

I just hope I get advanced warning to prepare for the incoming ****-storm on CB that day...
    You and me both, I was late to side loading and enjoy the added apps. So let's enjoy our phones while it lasts. My son would say "dad it's time to move on" he loves the Priv I brought home.

Woof!
    06-28-16 04:44 PM
    Perhaps.

Wouldn't it be easier to let enterprise decide this stuff through BES?
    06-28-16 05:03 PM
    Wouldn't it be easier to let enterprise decide this stuff through BES?
    Yes, and I would assume it is BES that won't allow 3rd party apps in the near future, not BB10.

It would be embarrassing for BlackBerry if a 3rd party app was able to comprimise corporate security simply because BES could install it.
    cyril v likes this.
    06-28-16 05:26 PM
    You said that BlackBerry had plans on preventing side loading with the upcoming 10.3.3 update. You can't make these statements as if they were 'facts' without having anything to back them up.

06-28-16 05:55 PM
    You said that BlackBerry had plans on preventing side loading with the upcoming 10.3.3 update. You can't make these statements as if they were 'facts' without having anything to back them up.

Take deeeeeep breath......if you really read the post it said one of these updates not this one not the next but one. As a Corprate user we have been warned about our Corprate third party apps. Putting your head in the sand will not stop what will happen. You cannot have a tight secure OS if you can side load. Period, when Blackberry decides to move only to Corprate/Goverment users the casual user will be dropped.
    06-28-16 07:01 PM
    Yes, and I would assume it is BES that won't allow 3rd party apps in the near future, not BB10.

It would be embarrassing for BlackBerry if a 3rd party app was able to comprimise corporate security simply because BES could install it.
    IIRC (and its been a while since I've worked with BES), you can already disallow third party apps (or any apps) through BES.

Take deeeeeep breath......if you really read the post it said one of these updates not this one not the next but one. As a Corprate user we have been warned about our Corprate third party apps. Putting your head in the sand will not stop what will happen. You cannot have a tight secure OS if you can side load. Period, when Blackberry decides to move only to Corprate/Goverment users the casual user will be dropped.
    Perhaps it's your company specifically that is blocking third party apps through their IT policies? I wouldn't doubt that there are corporate and government BB10 customers that make use of sideloading for internal apps (albeit likely through BES).
    06-28-16 07:18 PM
    IIRC (and its been a while since I've worked with BES), you can already disallow third party apps (or any apps) through BB

Perhaps it's your company specifically that is blocking third party apps through their IT policies? I wouldn't doubt that there are corporate and government BB10 customers that make use of for internal apps (albeit likely through BES).
    Again that's not what I said, two I own the company. We we're told at a BB cofrence that our apps would have to be submitted to a third party chosen by BB to certify our apps when the time comes.
    06-28-16 07:23 PM
    Whether blocking side-loaded apps is going to happen in BB10 or BES, why is this an issue now, and not, say, in 2013 when BB10 came out?

What makes side-loading a security risk now, when it wasn't a problem for the past 3 years?
    06-29-16 07:25 AM
    Whether blocking side-loaded apps is going to happen in BB10 or BES, why is this an issue now, and not, say, in 2013 when BB10 came out?

What makes side-loading a security risk now, when it wasn't a problem for the past 3 years?
    I'm not as technical as some others here, but I'm guessing that it has something to with NIAP.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    06-29-16 08:18 AM
    I can't wait for my NIAP certification and further crippling of the already poor Android runtime. Bring on 10.3.3!
    06-29-16 08:21 AM
    Perhaps.

I would actually be laughing to the point of falling out of my chair if that happened. All the nonstop bicching for this update being late, and then when it comes it cripples BB10 even further? WOW it would be side-splitting.
    hellomoto921 likes this.
    06-29-16 08:23 AM
    BlackBerry reputation of missing deadlines, greatly damages it's reputation as a reputable business!!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Doesn't seem to be hurting android at all. Marshmallow has been out for how long now? How many devices are actually using Marshmallow. They are already talking of the "N" update already and the percentage of Marshmallow users is tiny. Get ready for Androids demise because people are getting their update.
    06-29-16 08:46 AM
    BlackBerry reputation of missing deadlines, greatly damages it's reputation as a reputable business!!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Since when is BB the NSA or the NIAP. Since when are these agency's wafting excretions have anything to do with BB reputation in a negative way. SHAME
    06-29-16 09:44 AM
    I guess it would be July 2017

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    06-29-16 10:01 AM
    I'm not as technical as some others here, but I'm guessing that it has something to with NIAP.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Ah good call, I hadn't thought of that.
    06-29-16 10:06 AM

When an OS becomes secure and rated for Government uses the non approved apps go away. It really is a simple concept, the black phone that is super secure segregates the OS from android.
    06-29-16 10:49 AM
    Welp it's time for me to move on from BB10. Just ordered my priv yesterday. Tired of all this BS from Chen. It's coming in march no june now july. still love BB which is why i'm buying a priv
    06-29-16 01:54 PM
138 1234 ...