06-19-19 07:09 AM
503 1234 ...
tools
    Not really noticing any difference with the browser. No big surprise!
    04-03-18 03:30 PM
    Has the deal with Amazon expired or are more app stores now 'trusted' by BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-18 03:38 PM
    Is this for real? 'Cause I thought everyone assumed that we wouldn't get leaks anymore...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    04-03-18 04:19 PM
    Much appreciated! Thanks guys!
    04-03-18 04:32 PM
    Is this for real? 'Cause I thought everyone assumed that we wouldn't get leaks anymore...

It's not a leak, just plugging a security hole that's been left open for 6-8 months.
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-03-18 04:36 PM
    It's not a leak, just plugging a security hole that's been left open for 6-8 months.
    I didn't phrase it right. I just meant that I was under the impression that everyone thought we weren't getting anything anymore.

04-03-18 04:41 PM
    We had seen some activity on the servers in the (memorial) spotted OS thread some time ago. It was just a matter of when they would release it.

BlackBerry is obviously not in any kind of hurry.
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    04-03-18 04:53 PM
    Geez, everyone must be hammering the download server(s). Might also be my work network.

Guess I'll try again later after I get home.

Thanks.

Pete
    AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    04-03-18 04:54 PM
    I didn't phrase it right. I just meant that I was under the impression that everyone thought we weren't getting anything anymore.

This new build was spotted on February 28 in the leaks topic.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-18 04:54 PM
    Build date: Feb 21, 2018
    Build ID: 911537

Full Blitz (no Z3 or Z10STL100-1):

https://mega.nz/#!ddIXGBAY!aOk4NFJsa...FRTCEizwXm14rA

Blitz from 3057 (no Z3 or Z10STL100-1):

https://mega.nz/#!AVwBTTyL!xkBji2TKC...jgtYYyp7i5u0mE

61 new apps compared to 3057:
    So, I'm guessing no Lithuanian or Dark Theme, but, more importantly, is it still buttery smooth? What about battery life?

*giggle*

Pete
    AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    04-03-18 04:56 PM
    As for the apps, it seems that the install handler UI replaced mentions of "Amazon Appstore" with "a trusted app store", probably recognizing that anyone still around on this platform is probably using Play Store rather than Amazon.
    Does the Amazon app still come pre-installed? The latest version had some issues on BB10 IIRC.
    04-03-18 04:57 PM
    Wonder if we will be able to find all of our apps on BB World if we do a clean install. I'm afraid at what I can't replace.
    04-03-18 04:57 PM
    Does the Amazon app still come pre-installed? The latest version had some issues on BB10 IIRC.
    It's still in the OS, yeah.
    Invictus0 likes this.
    04-03-18 04:59 PM
    Wonder if we will be able to find all of our apps on BB World if we do a clean install. I'm afraid at what I can't replace.
    BlackBerry World is unaffected by this update.

All of my paid apps are still accessible to me.
    04-03-18 05:06 PM
    The KRACK fix would be huge for me. I've been off of WiFi at work and client locations for months.

I know people live to complain, but whatever has driven BlackBerry to support BB10 for so long (government/enterprise contracts, I presume), I'm very, very satisfied with the level of support for an OS that failed years ago.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-03-18 05:06 PM
    I know people live to complain, but whatever has driven BlackBerry to support BB10 for so long (government/enterprise contracts, I presume), I'm very, very satisfied with the level of support for an OS that failed years ago.

Can't argue that. Even for an abandoned platform, they still fixed some important stuff.
    04-03-18 05:31 PM
    BlackBerry World is unaffected by this update.

All of my paid apps are still accessible to me.
    Thanks, but I was under the impression that some developers had removed their paid apps even for customers that already had paid. Perhaps that is not correct.
    04-03-18 05:40 PM
    The KRACK fix would be huge for me. I've been off of WiFi at work and client locations for months.

You'd have to wonder why they'd even bother pushing a Krack fix after 6 months - surely all the sheep got out of the pen by now.

It's only a few lines of code, and could have been done in a matter of hours.
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    04-03-18 05:45 PM
    Thanks, but I was under the impression that some developers had removed their paid apps even for customers that already had paid. Perhaps that is not correct.
    That has happened in the past, it could have happened recently and may also happen in the future. However there seems to be an issue with BlackBerry World at the moment not enabling the download of some apps owned, the issue is not present for all users so may rectify itself when any scheduled tasks complete.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-18 05:56 PM
    You'd have to wonder why they'd even bother pushing a Krack fix after 6 months - surely all the sheep got out of the pen by now.

It's only a few lines of code, and could have been done in a matter of hours.
    Actually, a late fix is much better than no fix for the kinds of customers who would have pushed for it. Exploiting the KRACK vulnerability is something that nation state and organized crime actors would do for a specific target as part of a major compromise effort.

As for it being easy to code and push out, I have to assume that the team, infrastructure and process for making decisions about patching BB10 is not exactly a well-lubricated machine.

04-03-18 06:08 PM
    It's still in the OS, yeah.
    Is it the new version of the app, or is it still the old one? Just curious. I'll be checking it out in a day or so myself.

The app store updated a few months ago with a new icon and interface. It updated itself on my Z10 and had been working just fine.
    04-03-18 06:45 PM
    Is it the new version of the app, or is it still the old one? Just curious. I'll be checking it out in a day or so myself.

The app store updated a few months ago with a new icon and interface. It updated itself on my Z10 and had been working just fine.
    No change from prior versions of the OS.
    04-03-18 06:48 PM
    No change from prior versions of the OS.
    Surprised BlackBerry hasn't included the new version. It was updated last October.
    04-03-18 06:57 PM
    The Webkit library (i.e. the engine under the browser) updated, but whether it helps, I don't know.

Wireless firmware for Broadcom devices (Z30, Classic, Leap, Q10, P9983, Q5, Passport) updated, but changes in the OS itself (i.e. not apps) seem to be minimal if anything. As for the apps, it seems that the install handler UI replaced mentions of "Amazon Appstore" with "a trusted app store", probably recognizing that anyone still around on this platform is probably using Play Store rather than Amazon.

But in lieu of an actual changelog, the most salient point of this update is fixing KRACK, which makes it a must-install.
    Word change: "a trusted appstore" not just "Amazon" somehow making good on the inclusion of former BlackBerry World paid apps handling their own payment systems, should they wish to continue being a paid app?
    04-03-18 09:20 PM
    cant able to load autoloaders link..?
    04-03-18 11:08 PM
503 1234 ...