05-21-18 06:53 PM
593 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Stl-100-1 is working well. The only problems are the log does not come when connected to Internet. You know that you are connected because of the capital letter that comes.

1. The internet speed very good even in rural areas it is working very well than ever before.
    2. Radio working well even in areas where network is weak.
    3. Battery has improved.
    4. Its cheaper. Phone calls are cheaper with this radio. I getting call discounts that I normally get on small phones not smart phones.

So bb10 should repair internet connection environment to enable the log to come out when connected to internet.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    11-08-17 02:30 AM
    NIAP certification, browser tweaks (anti-phish toggle and extra certificates), Vodafone 4G fix.
    May I do a back up and after restore on new OS? Will it works?
    11-08-17 04:34 PM
    May I do a back up and after restore on new OS? Will it works?
    Use Ultimate Backup instead of Link.
    11-08-17 04:42 PM
    Thank you!
    11-08-17 05:09 PM
    Still having the overflow menu bug where once I'm in an email, the mark read/unread is still broken from time to time and doesn't change. I have 4 accounts. 2 are Exchange.

Network goes stale at times and "hangs" forcing a reboot. Toggling airplane mode doesn't help.

Call lag seems slightly improved however since I need to reboot more often, that may be helping.

Browser seems more stable and crashes less than previous 10.3.3 build.

Z30 wallpaper bug is still there but an older bar can be loaded from 10.3.1 to fix it.

Posted via CBX
    11-09-17 05:37 AM
    Two quick questions:

I heard that PayPal is now working in BB World again. But is this also true for adding a Credit Card as payment method? Right now I'm stuck without having a payment method because, PayPal is no option for me :/

What autoloader would I have to use for a BB Classic?
    11-10-17 06:10 AM

What autoloader would I have to use for a BB Classic?
    Classic uses the Z30 autoloader.
    markus2107 likes this.
    11-10-17 06:11 AM
    Classic uses the Z30 autoloader.
    So I download Z30_10.3.03.3057_STA100-1-2-3-4-5-6.7z from GoogleDrive, unzip it, run it and that's it?
    11-10-17 06:36 AM
    So I download Z30_10.3.03.3057_STA100-1-2-3-4-5-6.7z from GoogleDrive, unzip it, run it and that's it?
    Yup. Remember, phone will be wiped. Use Ultimate Backup first if you wish. Avoid Link.
    markus2107 likes this.
    11-10-17 06:37 AM
    I have installed this 'leak' on my Passport a week or so ago, over the top via Sachesi, using Vodafone UK as the operator. All is well apart from these two observations, which might actually just be coincidence

I found that the battery seemed to go out of calibration for a while. It seemed like the battery was draining fast and twice it got down to 0% within a day of heavyish use. I put it in my pocket and to my surprise found it at 0% hours later, still switched on. I think this has gotten better as time has gone on, but I will try and replicate. Has anyone else experienced this? It could be that I just didn't notice it before the update!

Also, I keep "Calendar" and "Remember" open in active frames usually so they give a little helpful preview. I sometimes find that these have reset themselves and just display their icon. The same behaviour as if the phone has been reset with apps open. Again, this could just because I've been working the phone very hard in the past few weeks and it felt the need to 'drop' the active tile apps so it could do other stuff.

Side note: Working the Passport hard for a new job in the past few weeks has actually been a pleasure although it has had to have a little charge through the day. I installed some extra Android apps that I needed via Cobalt's store and hammered the hell out of the hub, calendar, keyboard shortcuts, file sharing, pdf & xls files, BeMaps Pro . It hasn't missed a beat and has been a real pleasure to use. I can dance round the OS with swipes and shortcuts like I never knew I could! I wonder how long it would take me to do that on a KeyOne with the hub et all?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-17 07:03 AM
    I can dance round the OS with swipes and shortcuts like I never knew I could! I wonder how long it would take me to do that on a KeyOne with the hub et all?

Posted via CB10
    Because this OS is designed for business work flow.

I couldn't take the fragmentation of the Android OS so I returned my KeyONE after a week.

Shame how it's getting neglected... but we don't need to go there since there are countless other threads on that.

Enjoy!

Posted via CBX
    11-10-17 08:42 AM
    I heard that PayPal is now working in BB World again
    Rumour only. I don't think we have any more than 1 person who has claimed that. I would certainly like more proof than that. As for credit card payment--who knows.
    11-10-17 08:54 AM
    Because this OS is designed for business work flow.

I couldn't take the fragmentation of the Android OS so I returned my KeyONE after a week.
    It takes a lot longer than that to learn an entirely new ecosystem and workflow - and to retrain muscle memory.

The trick is to stop using anything else and to stop trying to replicate other systems.
    Last edited by conite; 11-10-17 at 10:43 AM.
    11-10-17 09:13 AM
    android is just cludgey. it's not ergonomic the way bb10 is.
    flipping so quickly through my entire phone with my thumb, accomplishing tasks with such ease, ..it's endlessly fun.

Posted via CBX
    11-10-17 09:51 AM
    Rumour only. I don't think we have any more than 1 person who has claimed that. I would certainly like more proof than that. As for credit card payment--who knows.
    Yeah, yeah, I have to do mine to be a second person or.... not... we shall see. I am planning soon as have your instructions to taps into Vodafone stored in high notes. I have been toying with the idea of doing the wipe though to be sure. Off tomorrow finally so maybe I will "Doo" it tomorrow..

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    brookie229 likes this.
    11-10-17 04:56 PM
    Yeah, yeah, I have to do mine to be a second person or.... not... we shall see. I am planning soon as have your instructions to taps into Vodafone stored in high notes. I have been toying with the idea of doing the wipe though to be sure. Off tomorrow finally so maybe I will "Doo" it tomorrow..

With the amount of messing around you do with your device, I would definitely do a clean install with an autoloader. Plus, never use Link.
    brookie229 likes this.
    11-10-17 05:22 PM
    With the amount of messing around you do with your device, I would definitely do a clean install with an autoloader. Plus, never use Link.
    Yeah, I was thinking a clean install may be best as I just didn't want to admit it to myself. Thank you subconscious!

11-11-17 09:37 AM
    Can anyone else confirm that BlackBerry is now pushing this update to some factory-unlocked devices?

It started with Vodafone in Europe, but it seems to have expanded.
    11-11-17 09:42 AM
    Is this update supported for BB Q10 or what is this version full details pls I'm noob here

Posted via CB10
    11-11-17 09:57 AM
    Is this update supported for BB Q10 or what is this version full details pls I'm noob here

Posted via CB10
    It's essentially a fix for Vodafone's 4G service in Europe. After that, it's anyone's guess.

Yes, it is compatible with the Q10.
    11-11-17 10:04 AM
    It's essentially a fix for Vodafone's 4G service in Europe. After that, it's anyone's guess.

Yes, it is compatible with the Q10.
    It's the KRACK fix as well as Bluebourne.

Totally kidding but let's see how fast this spreads.

How do we know it's not though, legit question?

I know it's not because of you guys but how do, we know it's not for one or other or even both as well as other stuff?

I just figured it's not and we know but again, how do we know? Or you guys know so that I can know how you guys know and expand my horizons.

I am going to check for the update now on my SE.

No update! Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

11-11-17 11:07 AM
    It's the KRACK fix as well as Bluebourne.

Totally kidding but let's see how fast this spreads.

How do we know it's not though, legit question?

I know it's not because of you guys but how do, we know it's not for one or other or even both as well as other stuff?

I just figured it's not and we know but again, how do we know? Or you guys know so that I can know how you guys know and expand my horizons.

I am going to check for the update now on my SE.

No update! Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

Download the "Krack Scanner" app from Google Play Store. Run it.

Plus the fact that this update is from July, and BlackBerry was notified of the Krack vulnerability in Oct.
    11-11-17 11:08 AM
    Download the "Krack Scanner" app from Google Play Store. Run it.

Plus the fact that this update is from July, and BlackBerry was notified of the Krack vulnerability in Oct.
    I can always count on you. Thanks buddy.

Can we officially count on the Krack scanner in apk format since hooks are sometimes missing or does it have nothing to do with that? Also, suppose if it says vunerable, it's working. Can u toss me a link to the Krack scanner you use as that is what one I want to use.

..on my droids.

-DPR

11-11-17 11:14 AM
    BB10 wasn't vulnerable to BlueBorne so there's no need to patch it. BlackBerry hasn't commented on KRACK for BB10/QNX yet so that's a pretty good indicator they haven't made any patches yet. :P
    11-11-17 11:28 AM
    Double post
    11-11-17 11:30 AM
593 ... 1415161718 ...