05-21-18 06:53 PM
593 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Thank you @conite if I ran the Runtime, even for the second time, would that be a trouble? I am not sure if I did it tbh. Or any way how to verify? Thank you !

BlackBerry Passport SE from Prague, Czech Republic, OS 10.3.2.2836
    The bug is that you can't delete Android apps even though they appear gone after deleting the screen icon.

Here is the link to the patch. If it says update or install, then do it - and reboot when done. If it just says "open" then you must have already done it.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037772
    10-26-17 03:24 PM
    2031 is SR, 3057 is OS. All good.
    Don't sweat it I used to make same mistake and I am like genius level just ask @conite

C is always there for the rebound he's like the Shaq of CB!

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    10-26-17 03:34 PM
    I forgot to mention you have to stand on one foot to make it work.
    LMAO, and touch ya nose don't forget C.. haha

BTW: I'll be bugging u soon conite just in inbox like usual to hide my stupidity! Your good at secrets! Haha

Soon as I get off this darn electrical job tomm and get some rest you know I will be trying to tap into VODA for a Nondestructive Update to the latest BB10. Wow, never thought I'd say that again.. hah hah hah
    Anyways, tjhat means yourinboxb will be blowingb up.

#Sorry

Maybe I can bother Brookie this time.

Please don't have me standing on my head whilst screaming bible verses as if that's the only way I can tap into VODA.

#GoodPeople you know I love my Canadians.

Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 10-26-17 at 03:55 PM.
    10-26-17 03:35 PM
    The bug is that you can't delete Android apps even though they appear gone after deleting the screen icon.

Here is the link to the patch. If it says update or install, then do it - and reboot when done. If it just says "open" then you must have already done it.

I still prefer just sideloading .172, sorry I know, I know I'm not trying to confuse and also 2015 is light years away but hey, it runs ShowBox! I know. Brookie, did you have to go back to .172 fix again as in to get the Show box fix or(?) does it run smoothly as in without crashing on 10.3.3 latest as quite a few other apps do? :x

Anyway, Def do what Conite says. Love that guy!

I dunno how CB found him but he's well worth his ten figure a year salary! No, seriously there could not be a better man for the job, he's awesome. Right, to the point even if cocky, that's what I like as in getting it done and done right! Even if ya slow at certain things like me, he may abuse you a bit but he will hang with you until it's done and that's all that matters imo. Hah

I just dunno how he can repeat the same stuff over and over like autopilot. I'd rip my hair out. God Bless em...

Oh, what's that, is he here?

I'm manic today, manic anybody? Where are my meds!
    Damn Americans! NO, I just love this beautiful passport Keyboard that much that I will type ramblings on it just to have an excuse to utilize it as often as possible. Or maybe...

Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 10-26-17 at 03:57 PM.
    10-26-17 03:43 PM

Thank you @conite, "open" it is.
    Now patiently looking forward to find the 10.3.4.
    Under the Xmas tree:-)

10-26-17 04:07 PM
    Thank you @conite, "open" it is.
    Now patiently looking forward to find the 10.3.4.
    Under the Xmas tree:-)

This is supposedly 10.3.5 in Canadian code!

10-26-17 04:12 PM
    Regarding Facebook: Google for Faceslim (.apk). Much better in my opinion than that Nemory-stuff...also has hub-integration. Little problems uploading pictures but works fine all in all.

Already any changelog available regarding this new 3057-fw? Already installed it, seems to run a bit more fluid all in all, but thats only my opinion.

Unfortunately still no Wolfram/knowledge-integration in assistant for german language :'(
    Last edited by Michs1982; 10-26-17 at 06:14 PM.
    10-26-17 06:03 PM
    There are some people who don't want to upgrade so I'll say what I see in this update.

Last BlackBerry update was heavily broke regarding security, Highest proto version available was TLSv1 (outdated), older ciphers, older browser bugs. This days there's a limited amount of secure browsers - the ones that are regularly updated. BlackBerry browser is based on the other opensource projects so using your device for half a year without updates is like opening doors to hackers.

Example. Last update:

starttls: TLSv1 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits new) no authentication

This update:

starttls: TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits new) no authentication

^^^ those two are from my IMAP logs. If you want to stay secure nowadays ditch BlackBerry or update immediately.

Seriously people, like battery life and smoothness are the top markers of good update?

WBR.
    10-27-17 12:51 AM
    What's the 172?i have android runtime crash....
    10-27-17 01:43 AM
    This may be too early to tell but from what I have noticed, the considerable call lag that I have been facing on my Z30 seems to have been addressed for the most part.

I purposely haven't restarted my phone for a few days and I do heavily use it and haven't really experienced this.

Could anyone else verify this?

Posted via CBX
    10-27-17 12:18 PM
    Found a bug that appeared as a result of this update (at least I guess so).
    After I open BBM for the first time (after the device wipes itself, as a result of the autoloader), it asks if I wanna download an update for BBM, I click yes and it brings me to BBW. And here no matter how many times I click the green button "download" after it kind of "finishes" to install, the button becomes available to be clicked again. So I guess nothing is downloading actually, some error occurs at the end of the install process.
    10-27-17 12:52 PM
    Have a little warning:
    I can't install Whatsapp anymore!!

Does it still work on your mobiles after update?

It tells me 'Version too old' and links to the bbw - but there is no newer version.

Whatsapp tells me after emailing them, that they don't support BB anymore and cant give me an answer......

Edit: Solved, after several tryouts it suddenly works...whyever. Strange...but ok, now everything seems fine again.
    Last edited by Michs1982; 10-27-17 at 01:58 PM.
    10-27-17 01:22 PM
    Have a little warning:
    I can't install Whatsapp anymore!!

Does it still work on your mobiles after update?
    Only if downloaded from Google Play. At least I don't have issues with it. Except few functionality limitations. But thanks God Signal works well, so I'm good.
    Last edited by joker333; 10-27-17 at 02:20 PM.
    10-27-17 02:06 PM
    Only if downloaded from Google Play. At least I don't have issues with it. Except few functionality limitations. But thanks God Signal works well, so I'm good.
    Is there a version of Signal working on BB10?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-17 02:51 PM
    So far my experience is that this release is the best version of BlackBerry 10.3 I've used to date, frustratingly the wallpaper bug and virtual assistant bugs (e.g. incorrect temperature units) are still present but overall the device is the liveliest it has been since upgrading to 10.3.

I had a few hangs in the first couple of days (device monitor could not shed light on them), but whatever was the issue it seems to be dormant for now.

Vodafone UK pushed the update OTA, I updated via Link.

Posted via CB10
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    10-27-17 10:05 PM
    What's the 172?i have android runtime crash....
    Runtime Bars that are known to fix Showbox crash and run more stable when sideloaded and replaced with new bars. Version. 172. Quite a few apps run on this runtime that does not run on the others. It's a good Dalvik. I also believe notifications are better and battery life but I can only prove factual the apps like showbox, etc that run on it which crash on others. I have them if you like or I think people get them from sacshi @conite is that right?...

10-28-17 12:02 AM
    So far my experience is that this release is the best version of BlackBerry 10.3 I've used to date, frustratingly the wallpaper bug and virtual assistant bugs (e.g. incorrect temperature units) are still present but overall the device is the liveliest it has been since upgrading to 10.3.

I had a few hangs in the first couple of days (device monitor could not shed light on them), but whatever was the issue it seems to be dormant for now.

Posted via CB10
    Will be doing this tomm, is there a link (reading material) or video to show how to tap into Vodaphone to grab the update and do it non destructive as I've never done it this way. Hopefully I have some good info by Tomm ton use. Thanks guys, Dread

10-28-17 12:04 AM
    Does this upladate support Blackberry Leap STR100-1?
    10-28-17 05:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by the wallpaper bug?
    Hphv likes this.
    10-28-17 06:50 AM
    Does this upladate support Blackberry Leap STR100-1?
    Yes. Use the Z30 loaders/files
    10-28-17 06:51 AM
    Is this solve the setting screen goes blank in Z30
    10-28-17 06:54 AM
    Is this solve the setting screen goes blank in Z30
    No reports of the problem so far.
    10-28-17 08:08 AM
    Will be doing this tomm, is there a link (reading material) or video to show how to tap into Vodaphone to grab the update and do it non destructive as I've never done it this way. Hopefully I have some good info by Tomm ton use. Thanks guys, Dread

I'm on Vodafone and updated via Link because I could not clear 4.5GB of storage.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-17 09:41 AM
    What do you mean by the wallpaper bug?
    Since 10.3 was released users with all-touch BlackBerry 10 devices haven't been able to set a stock wallpaper (or any wallpaper not stored on SD card) without the image being cropped and stretched, it's linked to the aspect ratio.

I've reported it to BlackBerry a couple of times but I guess it's been lost in the system or deemed not important. I realise setting wallpapers is hardly an enterprise concern but being unable to change your wallpaper to a stock image is a bit of a joke.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-17 09:50 AM
    Since 10.3 was released users with all-touch BlackBerry 10 devices haven't been able to set a stock wallpaper (or any wallpaper not stored on SD card) without the image being cropped and stretched, it's linked to the aspect ratio.

I've reported it to BlackBerry a couple of times but I guess it's been lost in the system or deemed not important. I realise setting wallpapers is hardly an enterprise concern but being unable to change your wallpaper to a stock image is a bit of a joke.

Posted via CB10
    Oh that bug. I remember that.
    I don't think it will ever get sorted out.
    10-28-17 09:54 AM
593 ... 910111213 ...