02-21-18 03:45 PM
628 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I just turned on my Q10 to update Android apps and Blitz 1463 and an OTA update popped up. Saves me from downloading the big Blitz file It's originally a Telus Q10, unlocked now, with a Rogers sim card in it but no load.

No OTA update yet for my Telus Passport, still locked to Telus with no sim card in it.
    01-28-17 12:33 PM
    After upgrading my OS on Z30, some apps downloaded from app world don't work anymore. For example Philips Dictation recorder. What can I do about that?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3-3-a-1094379/
    01-28-17 01:35 PM
    Even though they're minor, is BlackBerry the only company in history to provide OS updates to 4 year old smartphones?

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-28-17 02:04 PM
    Thank you. I thought that OS wasn't installed properly.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-17 02:07 PM
    Even though they're minor, is BlackBerry the only company in history to provide OS updates to 4 year old smartphones?

Posted via CB10
    Apple released an update for the iPhone 4S last year (a device released in 2011).
    01-28-17 03:11 PM
    Blackberry is killing a completly working devices leaving his own os. Repeat the past and fail in the future.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-17 03:27 PM
    Blackberry is killing a completly working devices leaving his own os. Repeat the past and fail in the future.

Posted via CB10
    Four year old smartphones (going by release date, not going by internal components) aren't often kept updated for that long.
    Vistaus and Javid Gozalov like this.
    01-28-17 04:03 PM
  8. JORGE CARLOS GALLEGOS LOZANO1's Avatar
    Can I update this OS through Sachesi without deleting the data?

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    01-28-17 05:48 PM
    Can I update this OS through Sachesi without deleting the data?

Yes.

You'll need the debrick file, which then you'll need to extract the apps from, and then put/combine them into a folder with both the Core and Radio files and then update from that folder via Sachesi. Make sure to check off the box to "only update newer files".

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 01-28-17 at 09:50 PM.
    01-28-17 08:50 PM
    Yes.

You'll need the debrick file, which then you'll need to extract the apps from, and then put/combine them into a folder with both the Core and Radio files and then update from that folder via Sachesi. Make sure to check off the box to "only update newer files".

Posted via CB10
    Save the trouble and just use Blitz.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    01-28-17 11:46 PM
  11. JORGE CARLOS GALLEGOS LOZANO1's Avatar
    Installed OS 10.3.3.2205, more fluid and smooth. New App's appeared. I leave the image and the last ones are of a radio and calls WiFi of Tmobile , Only that indicates error. I will continue to check what improvements this version brings.
    OS 10.3.3.2205 Live Links-img_20170129_002151.png

01-29-17 12:25 AM
    Second issue was that apps would randomly shut down on me while using it. Not all the time, just every once in a while. An app would just suddenly drop to faded active frame on the home screen. If I clicked on the frame, the app would restart. If I was reading CB10, and clicked a link that went to the browser, I'd read the browser, than try to switch back to the CB10 app, I'd find the active frame had faded out. Clicking on it just restarted the app back to the main screen and I'd lose my spot in the thread I was reading.
    That happens whenever an app is closed by the OS - it's a way to easily re-start previously running apps. It generally means one of two things:

1. You ran low on free RAM and the OS auto-closed some apps to prevent the device from crashing due to low RAM.
    2. The device restarted itself for some reason while apps were open.

So you either have a low RAM issue (eg some app is using excessive memory, or you are running too many simultaneous apps) or you have a self-reboot problem. (Could be due to bugs in the OS, various other things.)

If you installed with an autoloader, don't forget to let the OS re-populate and index all the various databases, especially if you have a lot of accounts or restored a backup with lots of data. Battery and RAM usage can be very high while this happens, and unfortunately there is no sort of progress indicator to let you know where it is at in that process. (The last time I autoloaded an OS it took it at least half a day to get through that process after I re-setup all my apps and accounts. It can take 24-48 hours, or even more in some cases depending on the number and size of accounts and PIM data on your device.)
    01-29-17 12:57 PM
    after install Core OS, Radio and all new apps on my Passport SE, my software version is 10.3.3.1435. CoreOS is 10.3.3.2205 and Radio 10.3.3.2206. Why isn´t my software 10.3.3.1463?
    It may fix itself. If not, it doesn't matter.
    Received mine as OTA update and it says 2205 OS and 2206 Radio.
    01-29-17 07:43 PM
  14. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I like this os 10.3.3.2205, now,my PP se is better than before

 Passport Silver Edition SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2206
    raph_ryo and Tim-ANC like this.
    01-29-17 09:15 PM
    I like this os 10.3.3.2205, now,my PP se is better than before

 Passport Silver Edition SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2206
    I'm glad its working for you after all the problems you had with the second update.
    01-30-17 03:42 AM
    Yeah, I'm seeing fixes to issues that were first introduced since 10.3.3 itself.

Overall a much better build.

Z30 rockin'

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 08:23 AM
    Yeah, I'm seeing fixes to issues that were first introduced since 10.3.3 itself.

Overall a much better build.

Z30 rockin'

Posted via CB10
    Nope... Spoke to soon.

The read/unread issue still exists on the overflow menu when in an email.

EDIT: So does the camera focus issue. It's still messed up.

If anything, this is probably a stability release. Not a bug fix release.

Bleh...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 01-31-17 at 08:00 AM.
    01-30-17 05:40 PM
    Just got this on Rogers... carrier locked z30.. smooth like butter so far

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 09:28 PM
    Just got this on Rogers... carrier locked z30.. smooth like butter so far

Posted via CB10
    I did clean install last week and I liked it.. My phone is locked to Rogers and this morning it got updated itself to Rogers version. Is there a way to go back to clean version of OS?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-17 09:52 AM
    I did clean install last week and I liked it.. My phone is locked to Rogers and this morning it got updated itself to Rogers version. Is there a way to go back to clean version of OS?

Posted via CB10
    Do another clean install like you did before (using autoloader for your device)
    When it's done, go to settings, software updates, options and uncheck "automatically download and install updates". This will not allow the Rogers version to automatically install.
    moody likes this.
    01-31-17 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    The only way to do that is run the autoloader for your device which wipes everything, and THEN disable automatic updates.
    01-31-17 10:00 AM
    To those who put time and effort into this process... THANK YOU. I just completed my first autoloader install to my 'new' Q10. It couldn't have gone any smoother.
    moody likes this.
    01-31-17 06:09 PM
    That happens whenever an app is closed by the OS - it's a way to easily re-start previously running apps. It generally means one of two things:

1. You ran low on free RAM and the OS auto-closed some apps to prevent the device from crashing due to low RAM.
    2. The device restarted itself for some reason while apps were open.

So you either have a low RAM issue (eg some app is using excessive memory, or you are running too many simultaneous apps) or you have a self-reboot problem. (Could be due to bugs in the OS, various other things.)

If you installed with an autoloader, don't forget to let the OS re-populate and index all the various databases, especially if you have a lot of accounts or restored a backup with lots of data. Battery and RAM usage can be very high while this happens, and unfortunately there is no sort of progress indicator to let you know where it is at in that process. (The last time I autoloaded an OS it took it at least half a day to get through that process after I re-setup all my apps and accounts. It can take 24-48 hours, or even more in some cases depending on the number and size of accounts and PIM data on your device.)
    Well, the phone didn't re-boot while I was in the middle of using another app - I think I would have noticed that. But when it closed the minimized app, it did appear like it does when a re-boot happens while an app was still running. I never had a ram issue before, so I really didn't think to look at that when it did happen.

But, now with the new OS, things are really good.

The issue I originally posted about was a false alarm as I noted in the update. It had been about half a day since both email accounts were re-created, so not having both accounts show up when setting up notifications seemed strange. But volume up and down re-boot did solve that. Too bad I hadn't thought to do that before I even started that post.

I'm slowly reinstalling my apps, and skipping those I don't really use much. I reinstalled Cobalt's Play Services, and about half the android apps I used to have. I've restored the BB10 apps from a Link backup using the selective option and picking only the apps that have user information included - Like Memopad. Also had to use this method to restore the Wikipedia for BB10 app since it's now long gone from BlackBerry World and can't be directly reinstalled that way.

Battery life is still just as bad as ever. But then, it is a 3 and half year old Z10 - possibly the weakest battery to hardware combination ever to grace the innards of a BlackBerry. Some days I get 12 hours average, some days, maybe 7 - depending on use. After installing just about every OS that has ever come out since I got this phone, battery life has never been a noticeable factor - good or bad - it just is what it is. And as it gets older, it gets ever-so-slightly less capable of holding a charge while in use. I don't notice a difference day to day, but over time - 6 months or so at a time - I notice I have to plug it in more often throughout the day.
    02-01-17 12:02 AM
    So far OTA notifications have come to 2 of my 3 devices. A BlackBerry Unlocked Z30, A Passport locked to Bell Canada have received the update, My Blackberry Unlocked Passport, no notification yet. Just an observation.
    aiharkness likes this.
    02-01-17 08:01 AM
    So far OTA notifications have come to 2 of my 3 devices. A BlackBerry Unlocked Z30, A Passport locked to Bell Canada have received the update, My Blackberry Unlocked Passport, no notification yet. Just an observation.
    Just saying thanks for posting the observation. I am running PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 and so is wife. We don't see the update yet. Your post and word from others tells me it isn't just me. Appreciate it.
    kbalaz likes this.
    02-01-17 08:38 AM
628 ... 678910 ...