01-08-18 06:51 AM
1,014 ... 678910 ...
tools
    A very curios thing than people should know here, The Classic has USB OTG and it shares the same autoloader than Q10/Q5 (those two doesn't have it) so i guess than the Q10 and Q5 have the USB OTG files in the OS but they doesn't use them, same with My Z10 and miracast, the apps are in app manager but you can't use them, I wonder why I can't delete them

This is common in many OS's. Just resist the temptation to mess with them, they probably don't take up much space.

From the standpoint of software management the fewer files that change with every single install the easier it is for the vendor to manage and maintain the package, so inevitably some files won't apply to some devices/systems.
    11-30-16 08:06 PM
    Seriously?

The old FB native app (BAR-file) is gonna be killed with the newer OS version 10.3.3.x for BB10 devices?

Man.. I'll definitely stick with the latest OS version of BB10. 10.3.2.x.

Posted via CB10
    Facebook threads will be the new 'where is 10.3.3' thread. Have fun mods.
    11-30-16 08:06 PM
    Actually, it uses the Z30 file. As well, the same OS file can be used for the Z10 (not STL100-1), Q10, Q5, Z30, Leap, Classic and P9982/3.
    Can't I separate those specifical files with darcy tools?, so I can make an autoloader without these useless apps (in My phones of course)

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 08:07 PM
    Can't I separate those specifical files with darcy tools?, so I can make an autoloader without these useless apps (in My phones of course)

Posted via CB10
    No, you can't modify signed files. And they're only like 1MB at the absolute most anyway.
    11-30-16 08:08 PM
    AutoLoader -> BlackBerry OS 10.3.3.2049: https://mega.nz/#!MJ8DAZTB!AEAdI4PD3..._jXzAMsMXIuC8Q
    What device?
    11-30-16 08:09 PM
    I'm scared of waking up in the morning and see 10 more pages and 1000's of msgs to read
    so please! go everyone to sleep!!!
    good night!
    11-30-16 08:10 PM
    No, you can't modify signed files. And they're only like 1MB at the absolute most anyway.
    What I thought, well maybe BlackBerry Laziness was too powerfull this time to not make a specific autoloader for every device (well 10 months in waiting line for 10.3.3 after all) so things like these won't happen, but 1mb isn't that bad

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 08:11 PM
    Downloading files.... 40 min to go!
    11-30-16 08:16 PM
    Finally!
    11-30-16 08:22 PM
    My Classic showed I had the update available (I'm on Virgin Canada). I hooked up to power and wifi and it downloaded and restarted. Now it is doing the whole thing over again on its own.
    5 minutes into the second update, I got a message saying I already had the update. So I am turning off my phone now as it was hot, and everything I tried was slow in starting such as camera and pictures.
    11-30-16 08:22 PM
    UPDATE: I will continue to run my current version since it gives me a functional fb, but go down to message number 200 for a work around FWIW if you want to keep this new version. I also assume you can install the same version I have and get fb back, find the blitz in old posts or an autoloader for; Software Release: 10.3.2.2836, OS Version 10.3.2.2876

Ummm, I have a question please, I've been off BB for a few months, so I'm a wee out of touch, I bought a new BB Passport which arrived a few days ago, it's running; Software Release: 10.3.2.2836, OS Version 10.3.2.2876, now, please don't rag me but I figured not to update it, because I like the ability to easily add photo's and location posts with the old and funky Blackberry facebook that is on it, that is what is loaded automatically when initializing the new phone.

Sooo, if I update, won't I loose the BB fb??

PS: I've read through pages 1-8, several said native bb fb is lost, but did you do an OTA or Auto Loader which will wipe before install? Just thinking it may make a difference.

PPSS: I'm tickled pink that I came back to Passport!

Miguel
    Last edited by mawil1013; 11-30-16 at 09:18 PM.
    11-30-16 08:24 PM
    Ummm, I have a question please, I've been off BB for a few months, so I'm a wee out of touch, I bought a new BB Passport which arrived a few days ago, it's running; Software Release: 10.3.2.2836, OS Version 10.3.2.2876, now, please don't rag me but I figured not to update it, because I like the ability to easily add photo's and location posts with the old and funky Blackberry facebook that is on it, that is what is loaded automatically when initializing the new phone.

Sooo, if I update, won't I loose the BB fb??

Miguel
    My question too, looks like BlackBerry is decided to kill our flunky but very cool feature, Lets wait a few days to see the outcome of things

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 08:31 PM
    x'mas gift in deed. hopefully, the number of download worldwisde convince BB marketing that BB10 is still a viable option and mercury could be a bb10 device (or a QNX removable device from driveless car as control and tablet or phone... AR projection for road side environmental ID with some AI... new brain processor next - either spintronic from qualcomm or 3d xpoint from intel or ibm true north would be nice for tablet if space and battery is limited for handset... dream on).
    Flatman likes this.
    11-30-16 08:33 PM
    I'm sorry if I missed this, but has the wallpaper bar issue with the Z30 been addressed in 10.3.3 or does the issue still persist and need the old bar file?
    11-30-16 08:35 PM
    x'mas gift in deed. hopefully, the number of download worldwisde convince BB marketing that BB10 is still a viable option and mercury could be a bb10 device (or a QNX removable device from driveless car as control and tablet or phone... AR projection for road side environmental ID with some AI... new brain processor next - either spintronic from qualcomm or 3d xpoint from intel or ibm true north would be nice for tablet if space and battery is limited for handset... dream on).
    Convince Qualcom to write for BlackBerry 10 and then we can talk

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 08:37 PM
    My Classic showed I had the update available (I'm on Virgin Canada). I hooked up to power and wifi and it downloaded and restarted. Now it is doing the whole thing over again on its own.
    5 minutes into the second update, I got a message saying I already had the update. So I am turning off my phone now as it was hot, and everything I tried was slow in starting such as camera and pictures.

It's not a very good idea to power off a phone in the middle of an update.

The usual reason the phone gets hot is because it is doing a lot of processing, file extraction/copying/moving and database building. This is normal. Unless you are in a very hot location where the phone really is in danger of overheating, it's best to let it continue and finish. The phone might stay in this highly-active 'hot' state for some hours afterwards, as it processes various things.

These days BlackBerry doesn't do everything and wait for it all to finish before it 'boots', it will 'boot' and show you a desktop and allow you to interact with it, but in reality it is doing tons of things in the background that are still related to the update.

The usual reason it will restart an over-the-air update is because it first tries to do an incremental update, but if some existing files on the device are not in an expected state, it will restart and do a 'full' update where it replaces all the OS files instead of just doing incremental patches. (Your data and settings/configuration should still remain unchanged)
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-30-16 08:41 PM
    Ahh, happy days...happy days. I remember this feeling. Been awhile.

Confirm that VZW Z30 no OTA yet (surprise)

Now, to work through my procrastination over permanently leaving 10.3.2 - it's basically a WiFi device only for me now anyway (Primary is a Priv)

Hmmm......(smoke comes out of ears)

Posted via CB10
    Flatman likes this.
    11-30-16 08:48 PM
    I read yes it was.
    11-30-16 08:53 PM
    You mean Verizon? Hmm. My sim still reads the network but isn't active. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 09:00 PM
    This will actually cause the problem. For instance, the wallpaper bar file must be installed alongside either the core or the radio file. Sachesi goes into "OS mode" when a core or radio get installed, and some apps require that mode too.

So on my Z10 update it seems that the only files that complained during this run were the wallpaper BAR file and the BBM BAR file. I just stuck those in my OS/radio folder to load, works OK.

Thanks for the heads-up, the older OS builds didn't seem to have this dependency.

And newer versions of Sachesi that automatically bypass existing BAR files help a lot too - in the old days if one of those app BARs failed to install 3/4 of the way through the process then the whole process had to run over again including re-installing ALL of the apps you already installed.
    11-30-16 09:03 PM
    The BlackBerry Facebook is gone as of today messages no longer work RIP

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 09:09 PM
    If anyone with a Z30 can confirm fm radio still works, please. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 09:09 PM
    The BlackBerry Facebook is gone as of today messages no longer work RIP

Posted via CB10
    As long you don't update the OS, I don't like that, but something even more dangerous, today we saw that whatsapp actually can shut down BlackBerry 10 client va servers and no va app update as we thought before

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 09:11 PM
    anyone having issues launching the snap app?
    11-30-16 09:14 PM
    See Old Crackberry post #173, http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...52/index7.html

Paulc2nd
    03-16-16, 06:07 AM #173 Report Post
    Is there any link to get an old version of Facebook downloaded or a way around downloading an older version ?

Aju
    03-16-16, 06:11 AM #174 Report Post
    Facebook 28.0.0.16.16 (arm) (320dpi) (Android 4.0+) APK Download by Facebook - APKMirror
    Download this app. Android version. Really fast and fluid. Tested in my passport just few mins ago
    Message function built inside the app!
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876

** Also here is complete set of old fb version's>>> Facebook old versions - Android
    marcaccioc likes this.
    11-30-16 09:14 PM
1,014 ... 678910 ...