06-27-15 03:49 PM
602 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    There's nothing wrong with the battery life on my passport

Autoloaded to 680 when it came out and sachesied 798 over it. I had cobalt's patched Google play services before 798 came out and dropped my battery life considerably. He's released a newer version that stopped the drain. 798 is running great. Lasting all day 5:30 am to 1am. With more to spare

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    Sachesi is now a verb - love it!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    06-05-15 09:11 AM
    Sachesi is now a verb - love it!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    Might be one in the past tense once Windows 10 is rolled out unless Xsacha can be persuaded to fall in love with it again and update it !!!
    06-05-15 09:14 AM
    Yesterday my phone was frozen two times, once when I played a video received via whatsapp and then when I got an incoming call. Screen was not responding, volume buttons too. I had to switch off the phone using the power button.

I was on 10.3.2.281 and side loaded .798 using Sachesi. I found battery life is worse than .281. I had an average battery life of 24 hours on medium usage, and now it's around 16 hours.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.798
    Batibreaker likes this.
    06-05-15 09:20 AM
    Now this gets interesting. It's unlikely to be the apps - both Geekbench and AnTuTu are well-respected benchmarks that have worked well on countless devices, BB10 included (though I won't rule them out just yet). Maybe there's a particular reason the runtime is reporting only two cores to some apps and four to others? Going to keep trying things and see what I come up with.
    I wonder if it is more how the app is getting hardware spec, some maybe checking hardware, while other are looking to os, even geek bench is an android port, so it could be looking to the runtime. I haven't been able to get geek bench to run on my passport since 10.3.1 leaked. No idea why.

Posted from PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.798
    06-05-15 09:34 AM
    The battery Of my Z10 STL-2 seems to drain quite faster than when I'm in10.3.1. and the system consumes a lot of mobile data...

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 10:11 AM
    Definitely didn't fix double typing, don't get your hopes up. The first sentence I typed on .798 had 3 words with double letters.
    Well I have changed the way I hit the keys on my passport, and I think the double typing issues might be from how you hit the keys. If I hit the keys slightly and not directly on I get it, but if I type very firm and hit the keys very firmly I don't get any. As in this I just wrote nothing.

Passport. SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-05-15 10:16 AM
    It was fixed with .500 release and in .680 .
    I was still getting the vibrating on phone call answer on 680. Installed this via blitz. I hope it's gone now.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 11:21 AM
    Then why can't I?? I've had this issue in every build since 10.3.1. It starts fine when I restart the phone, but later it malfunctions again.

I like Cookies.
    06-05-15 11:45 AM
    it's been fixed for me since .500 maybe you need to wipe data and start from scratch hopefully that will do it ,if not i have no idea what else you can do
    06-05-15 12:03 PM
    I'm with z30, and having no problems with call vibrating since 680.
    With this build battety life is amasing, even with 4G.
    Per night only -1% with battery saving.
    With this build even call quality is very fine, the other side hears me clearly, that wasn't on previous builds.
    Guessing this about classic and z30 same hardware.

Another thing. Guys in BB software development branch to lazy to make some several changes.
    Lithuanian language bar is made, but no input or language, but when locale is set to lithuanian, weekdays and moths are translated.
    And currency is by now 6 months already. Still didn't changed
    Anyway, I'm gratefully happy with current development.
    Regards.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 12:49 PM
    I wonder if it is more how the app is getting hardware spec, some maybe checking hardware, while other are looking to os, even geek bench is an android port, so it could be looking to the runtime. I haven't been able to get geek bench to run on my passport since 10.3.1 leaked. No idea why.

That could be the case - I've tried some more apps and a few see all four cores (Droid Info, CPU Master Free), while some still only see two (CPU-Z, Passmark, Geekbench, AnTuTu). Not sure what these apps have in common, though.

Regarding Geekbench, the native version (from BlackBerry World) stopped working after the 10.3.1 update and has since been pulled from the appstore.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 01:52 PM
    Final (I hope) report on the Passport and the Bluetooth connection issue, and it is a positive one.

I ran the replacement Passport for about 18 hours on 680 and it worked very well. Interestingly, I had upgraded from 10.3.0.1419 to 10.3.2.680 via Link on a Mac. Just to be complete, I also ran the 680 Blitz file with Sachesi and there was one new file not loaded via Link--something with a CMTP or similar lettering in the name.

Today I loaded via Sachesi/Blitz the 10.3.2.798 OS, about 34 (37?) new files including core OS and radio, and the BT connections are still solid. Very good news.

To Smokeaire and others with the Passport/BT problem--I'm convinced the Passport is a hardware issue not fixable with any OS upgrade to date, and that it affects, randomly, some Passports but not others. BT problems with other devices than the Passport, while not common, may be OS rather than hardware related.

This Passport with 798 is really smoking now, including my Android apps. I've also installed Cobalt's new patched Google apps, which may have helped with the Androids.
    06-05-15 02:14 PM
    I ran .500 on my Passport and barely settled with 680 when this version came up. I had to load just because it is there !! I ran Thurask's autoloader with usual drill of security wipe and a hard boot after installing all apps. Coming from .680, in that perspective I can't see really hyperventilate about OS being buttery smooth and so on but this seems to be the best and any experience over .500 is perhaps placebo more so because of the fact that OS is brand new. Its been 24 hours but I feel the battery drain is fast so am kepeing an eye on that.
    24 hours so far and apart from higher battery drain (in comparison to.680) I haven't found any road blocks and all good here. Esp happy with signal reception bars and I am hoping this is not a tweaked cosmetic GUI effect. I do not use more than 2-3 android apps and BB apps that I usually use are all working fine.
    I blagged a Plantronics Voyager from office colleague which belonged to me once but I gave it to him 4 months ago when that damned thing just refused to work in coherence with BB10. It was same all over again and I did not get anything worth considering a proper conversation from the BT. I now firmly believe that Plantronics don't even consider supporting BB10.
    My phone app is still laggy and irksome. But I am not sure it I am expecting too much from the OS or it is some kind of defect in sensors. After the conversation when I remove phone from ear the sensor should pick up the orientation+light and bring on the screen illumination. But what I get is, the caller has disconnected even before me, there is a Black screen and screen will not illuminate unless I tilt the phone more than parallel toward the ground. This has been present ever since I bought the phone. Can anyone confirm if this is normal. Even my Z3 is more 'normal' and perky then Passport in this regard.
    Alarms, calendar entries and notification volume levels have been alright for me ever since 10.3.2 Overall I would say that this version and even .680 is nearest to feel like a proper and complete OS. With niggles sorted out and edges polished it only has to get the maturity and finesse with time.
    Oce63999 likes this.
    06-05-15 02:42 PM
    Well I have changed the way I hit the keys on my passport, and I think the double typing issues might be from how you hit the keys. If I hit the keys slightly and not directly on I get it, but if I type very firm and hit the keys very firmly I don't get any. As in this I just wrote nothing.

Passport. SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    Oh, I see. So I must have been typing correctly when I first bought my Passport. Then my typing form started getting sloppy, but only on the N key, and then got even worse over the course of the next few weeks but again, only on a few keys and not others.

Makes perfect sense.
    06-05-15 02:49 PM
    Well I do find Low notification volume on Q10.

My phone doesn't makes its presence felt with Spirit ringtone now

Posted via My Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.798
    Mine too...I dont why only Q10 gets affected always and never changed and it seems nobody is even bothered abt it

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 03:18 PM
    Oh, I see. So I must have been typing correctly when I first bought my Passport. Then my typing form started getting sloppy, but only on the N key, and then got even worse over the course of the next few weeks but again, only on a few keys and not others.

Makes perfect sense.
    Well i didn't say you did anything wrong , i said i have fixed mine or at least have very few times it happens now as i pay attention to how i type.
    06-05-15 03:35 PM
    I have been on 798 for two days now. my observations so far:
    1. Video recording freezes on .798 on my Q10. Previously on 10.3.1.2708 and it does not do this.
    2. Also, the "wifi disabled" issue which i had on several 10.3.1 builds recurred yesterday, a day after installing this.
    3, Lastly, battery drain seems worse. I took the phone off the charger at past 12pm, and now, after more than 6 hours later, i'm on 30% charge.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    06-05-15 06:57 PM
    Mine too...I dont why only Q10 gets affected always and never changed and it seems nobody is even bothered abt it

Posted via CB10
    I'm on Q10 too...but my notifications, whether native ringtones or created from my music files are as loud or louder than ever.
    06-05-15 07:16 PM
    I thought so. Alright. I shall try that. Thank you sir

I like Cookies.
    06-05-15 07:49 PM
    Anyone running into OS bugs such as battery drain and freezing should consider autoloading and not restoring from link.

This OS is pretty solid and I won't be updating to a higher 3.2 build

Q10 - 10.3.2.798/SR .516  < σиє ℓσνє > 
    06-05-15 08:03 PM
    Anyone running into OS bugs such as battery drain and freezing should consider autoloading and not restoring from link.

This OS is pretty solid and I won't be updating to a higher 3.2 build

Q10 - 10.3.2.798/SR .516  < σиє ℓσνє > 

Restores cause problems a lot of the time, get the app Back up pro from BBW it does back ups to your sd card.
    06-05-15 08:05 PM
    if you want to do it right grab an autoloader ,run it , do a data wipe do not restore anything that should fix it
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-05-15 08:06 PM
    How about miracast / WiFi direct reliability with this build?

Miracast / WiFi direct it's been really unreliable for me in the last couple builds
    06-05-15 08:32 PM
    Is it worth to update the newest OS 10.3.2 ?

Because it was to be meant for the developers only right?

Posted via CB10
    Nowhere on the 12 pages before your post is "developers only" mentioned or hinted at.

Why do you think it's for developers only???

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.680
    fjfisher601#AC likes this.
    06-05-15 08:51 PM
    To kev54 and d3cod3r.
    I don't have any issues what so ever with my kenwood receiving calls or even playing music from the SD card via BT. My problem is when my kenwood tries to launch an app like Pandora. It doesn't always work. Via BT. And not at all when connected to usb.

You may want to look into updating your head unit to the latest firmware. Now as far as other electronic devices I don't use any via BT so I can't comment on those. But just thought I would share that because you mentioned hands free calling.

Posted via CB10
    My head unit is an AVH-200BT, and unfortunately it's never actually received an update (none have ever been released)..

Let me clear up your speculation. The Android runtime is not limited to 2 cores. That's just an error in reporting.

Android apps that want to determine the amount of cores on a stock Android device typically iterate through "/sys/devices/system/cpu/[cpu0,cpu1,etc]", and that's not a native QNX thing (it's Linux), so there's a bit of code there to replicate it, but it doesn't account for the fact that a BB10 devices can have more than 2 cores The OS is completely in charge of thread scheduling and will schedule however it sees fit.

Also, the runtime doesn't run inside a virtual box (well, it runs completely as its own set of processes, each with their own sandbox, etc, but I don't think that's what you meant). It runs just like any other BB10 application does (it's distributed as a BAR file after all), albeit with some elevated privileges.
    Ahhhh, okay, thanks for the information!

However, it does run a virtual sandbox for all of Android, and the only reason I know this (assuming it hasn't changed since 10.0/10.1) is because I managed to get into the virtual OS and enable the Android home screen. It was buggy as heck as it wasn't supposed to run and only ran because of a flaw in the way you could sign keys on the locked Android runtime, but it was neat to see. I could modify one app and it'd directly affect the others.

The app droid info can see all 4 cores. Probably just poorly corded apps.
    Attachment 356100

*coded
    But nice find!

I am just learning there was an issu with the alarm, so wierd because today I missed an appointment because the alarm didn't work (I was thinking it was my foult not setting the alarm correctly) oh my, I just hope I can rely on the alarm, otherwise I wil have to set an alarm on other phone.
    Uhoh! Do update if that happens again and quote me please so I notice!

I've been using this for going on a couple weeks now and my alarms have been working every morning at 5/6am, as well as calendar's notifying me. However I also use my Pebble with Hub2Watch now (the other thread convinced me) and I may not have noticed if my phone didn't notify me as my Pebble did!

Fatal battery consumption for Passport os .798
    The worst I've had in October last year !!!
    Yeah this hasn't seemed too good on my battery, though it could be affected by me using my Pebble again now...

Attachment 356258

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-05-15 11:51 PM
602 ... 1617181920 ...