06-27-15 03:49 PM
602 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    You should be able to with the autoloader. Or through BlackBerry link

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680 
    I'm restoring 680 right now via Sachesi. In progress. I assume it'll take.

Edit: It did take.
    Last edited by KenV54; 06-04-15 at 07:48 PM.
    06-04-15 06:05 PM
    I read it somebody saying this builds are not meant for Q10, but still I just wanted to say this.
    * Notification volume still not high as 10.2.1
    Tried all the releases after 10.2.1 and volume was never the same. Tried this thinking it is somehow suppose to be official and direct from BlackBerry, bt still notification volume not good.
    Bt music volume is really loud as 10.2.1.
    I don't know what is happening with BlackBerry and updates. Somebody please let BlackBerry know this issue and let them solve it somehow.
    About OS
    Works perfectly fast and fluent. But
    * Browser 2 times crashed
    * BBW 1 time crashed
    Nothing is really an issue which affects me njoying my BlackBerry, other than ring and alert volume

* Dint try 680. If somebody provided me 680 autoloader, would try that and confirm if that too has problem with ring volume.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.798

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 07:12 PM
    Thanks, good idea. I know it had been toggled on and off in the past, but I just tried it again both ways and it doesn't seem to matter. No reliable BT connection either for the Plantronics headset or the Pebble.

I'm awaiting the replacement Passport today and will see what happens with that one, first with the stock OS then with the 10.3.2 upgrade, via Link or OTA if possible, so that the BB people can't complain. Also, I still haven't heard from BB escalated tech support about the case I submitted a couple days ago. That may become moot soon.
    OK, here's the report, and not unexpected findings.

I got the replacement Passport from Amazon, which was loaded with 10.3.0.1418/1419.

Both the Plantronics headset and Pebble connected and held without any disconnections. Didn't have to use Pebble app at all. I didn't have Talk2Watch installed on the Passport.

I then upgraded to 10.3.2.680 via Link (rather than using Sachesi and a Blitz file--I don't want BlackBerry support to complain about anything if I have a problem.)

On 680, Plantronics is holding great. Pebble is holding and working with Talk2Watch and Hub2Watch. Haven't tried my car BT setup yet, but expect it will work, too.

I restored media and Apps (except for BB Runtime) to the replacement Passport, but not the Settings data from the old Passport. I didn't want to take a chance on corrupting the memory with the old BT data.

I may update to 798 now since I know I can go back to 680 if necessary. But I think the whole BT problem is dependent upon the particular Passport--not the model, like unlocked vs AT&T, but the actual device you happen to have. There must be some defective ones with bad chips or memory. The whole thing seems to be working better now for me with 680 than my old one worked on 798, and with no glitches so far.

Bottom line--I'm very happy to be back to a working BT state. I wish I hadn't spent three weeks messing around with the OS and changing BT devices, etc., on the old Passport, which now goes into the return box to Amazon. I also wish the BlackBerry support engineers had at least looked at the logs, beta OS or not, and determined, if they could, that it was the hardware and not the OS.

I give Amazon an A+ for service and BlackBerry a C- in that department.

06-04-15 08:03 PM
    Why would they do that? The runtime is arguably more important than ever to BB10, why limit its performance? Stranger things have happened, in fairness, but it doesn't seem right to me.

Posted via CB10
    It's not limited. It's a bug in how many cores are reported. The OS will schedule threads on whichever core as it sees fit.
    06-04-15 08:14 PM
    It's not limited. It's a bug in how many cores are reported. The OS will schedule threads on whichever core as it sees fit.
    Yeah, my assumption was that it's a bug as well. Doesn't make any sense as a deliberate limitation so far as I can tell.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 08:20 PM

I got the replacement Passport from Amazon, which was loaded with 10.3.0.1418/1419.

Both the Plantronics headset and Pebble connected and held without any disconnections. Didn't have to use Pebble app at all. I didn't have Talk2Watch installed on the Passport.

I then upgraded to 10.3.2.680 via Link (rather than using Sachesi and a Blitz file--I don't want BlackBerry support to complain about anything if I have a problem.)

On 680, Plantronics is holding great. Pebble is holding and working with Talk2Watch and Hub2Watch. Haven't tried my car BT setup yet, but expect it will work, too.

I restored media and Apps (except for BB Runtime) to the replacement Passport, but not the Settings data from the old Passport. I didn't want to take a chance on corrupting the memory with the old BT data.

I may update to 798 now since I know I can go back to 680 if necessary. But I think the whole BT problem is dependent upon the particular Passport--not the model, like unlocked vs AT&T, but the actual device you happen to have. There must be some defective ones with bad chips or memory. The whole thing seems to be working better now for me with 680 than my old one worked on 798, and with no glitches so far.

Bottom line--I'm very happy to be back to a working BT state. I wish I hadn't spent three weeks messing around with the OS and changing BT devices, etc., on the old Passport, which now goes into the return box to Amazon. I also wish the BlackBerry support engineers had at least looked at the logs, beta OS or not, and determined, if they could, that it was the hardware and not the OS.

No offence good friend , but I'm glad you have it fixed,
    06-04-15 08:23 PM
    Hmm, interesting to hear.

I'm really hoping they fix these issues everyone are having. My Pebble and AVH-200 both seem to be working for the most part fine now. The occasional disconnect, but usually nothing major.

Just upgrading via Blitz now (it's downloading).

Now, assuming they are limiting the performance to two cores, my best guess would be to improve the productivity of the phone.

The way BlackBerry10 works, we get proper, true native multitasking that is reliable. The QNX side of the phone rarely crashes (I've yet to ever see it happen), and because of the way it's made to run, only the app will crash and then restart if it's a part of the phone, or you have the dead active frame (greyed out like when you reboot with apps open) if it's just an ordinary app.

The Android runtime also runs inside a virtual box so to speak, similar to a very well integrated VM (like XP Mode on Win7) if I'm not mistaken (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how it's seemed ever since PBOS), and that would mean it could never have the maximum resources that the OS contains due to the other OS running on top of it.

Again, all speculation, we don't really know the internal software for this OS.

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    Let me clear up your speculation. The Android runtime is not limited to 2 cores. That's just an error in reporting.

Android apps that want to determine the amount of cores on a stock Android device typically iterate through "/sys/devices/system/cpu/[cpu0,cpu1,etc]", and that's not a native QNX thing (it's Linux), so there's a bit of code there to replicate it, but it doesn't account for the fact that a BB10 devices can have more than 2 cores The OS is completely in charge of thread scheduling and will schedule however it sees fit.

Also, the runtime doesn't run inside a virtual box (well, it runs completely as its own set of processes, each with their own sandbox, etc, but I don't think that's what you meant). It runs just like any other BB10 application does (it's distributed as a BAR file after all), albeit with some elevated privileges.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    06-04-15 08:30 PM
    No, no offense at all. Thanks, and I'm very glad, too.

I hope the rest of the people having this problem with Passport and BT will see this and swap out their Passports. All Passports are still under warranty. I think this experience proves beyond a reasonable doubt that this is a hardware problem with some Passports (randomly) and not an OS issue, per se. I had wiped my old Passport multiple times before reloading the OS multiple times, and could never fix the problem. The new Passport just worked out of the box, both on the stock OS 10.3.0 and on 10.3.2.680.
    06-04-15 08:38 PM
    Stay on topic - praising is not a find nor a fix

Thanks good sir!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 08:45 PM
    Stay on topic - praising is not a find nor a fix

Thanks good sir!

Posted via CB10
    I'll give you something to find, and feel free to fix it anytime.

Passport. SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    dcsappernh likes this.
    06-04-15 09:02 PM
    Anyone else having problems connecting to there youtube account with fasttube. Tried two different accounts, uninstalled app, hard reset, reinstalled app. Only one I'm having problems with.

OS 10.3.2.798 Findings & Fixes Thread!-img_20150604_212919.png

Posted from PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.798
    06-04-15 09:37 PM
    They don't give access to all 4 cores, so that the Android player cannot crash the main OS by devouring all of the CPU time. You can't give a virtual system every bit of resource that the host system has. It takes system resources to RUN the virtual/guest OS (Android player), plus all of the system apps, your clock, your radio hopping from tower to tower, your wifi antenna picking up your wireless signal, etc. These all take CPU time to process the data they collect. Your hub is NEVER the only thing running. Ever. The boost you would get from having all 4 cores available is small and absolutely not worth crashing the OS everytime a shotty coded android app decided to hog the CPU. Having a slightly slower android experience is better PR than having an OS that crashes all the time because they allow poorly coded applications running in a virtual OS to take over the entire device and kill it. You KNOW people would say "oh blackberrys suck they always crash" because of this.

It just can't happen.
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-04-15 10:09 PM
    Anyone notice the "Change Phone Life" in the phone app?

if you go to the phone app, click on the 3 vertical buttons at the bottom right hand corner, menu pops up and it shows it there.
    06-04-15 10:53 PM
    They don't give access to all 4 cores, so that the Android player cannot crash the main OS by devouring all of the CPU time. You can't give a virtual system every bit of resource that the host system has. It takes system resources to RUN the virtual/guest OS (Android player), plus all of the system apps, your clock, your radio hopping from tower to tower, your wifi antenna picking up your wireless signal, etc. These all take CPU time to process the data they collect. Your hub is NEVER the only thing running. Ever. The boost you would get from having all 4 cores available is small and absolutely not worth crashing the OS everytime a shotty coded android app decided to hog the CPU. Having a slightly slower android experience is better PR than having an OS that crashes all the time because they allow poorly coded applications running in a virtual OS to take over the entire device and kill it. You KNOW people would say "oh blackberrys suck they always crash" because of this.

It just can't happen.
    If that were true, the runtime wouldn't have access to all available cores on dual-core devices - but it does. This problem is limited to the Passport.

And that's because excessive CPU usage in apps is not only a rare issue (especially to the kind of extremes you're referring to), but it should not crash a device - unless it lasts long enough to overheat the device, but the CPU would likely throttle before then. It might slow the device down, and it would certainly harm battery life, but it wouldn't cause a crash. Devices crashes usually happen for other reasons, often memory-related, that BB10 has safeguards for. As I've already said, this is most likely a bug - unless there is something about the Android runtime that none of us have accounted for.

I should also add that access to all four cores should, if implemented correctly, actually reduce the impact of any apps that do happen to use excessive CPU resources - if the OS can distribute tasks evenly between all available cores, both performance and battery life should be impacted less severely.
    Last edited by LazyEvul; 06-04-15 at 11:39 PM.
    06-04-15 11:20 PM
    Anyone notice the "Change Phone Life" in the phone app?

if you go to the phone app, click on the 3 vertical buttons at the bottom right hand corner, menu pops up and it shows it there.
    I imagine it's there for the virtual SIM card company Movirtu they acquired a while back.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.798 CB10
    06-04-15 11:22 PM

It just can't happen.
    The app droid info can see all 4 cores. Probably just poorly corded apps.
    OS 10.3.2.798 Findings & Fixes Thread!-img_20150604_233558.png

LazyEvul likes this.
    06-04-15 11:37 PM
    The app droid info can see all 4 cores. Probably just poorly corded apps.

Now this gets interesting. It's unlikely to be the apps - both Geekbench and AnTuTu are well-respected benchmarks that have worked well on countless devices, BB10 included (though I won't rule them out just yet). Maybe there's a particular reason the runtime is reporting only two cores to some apps and four to others? Going to keep trying things and see what I come up with.
    06-04-15 11:43 PM
    Well it's still early for me, but my BT is better and I haven't had any double typing. (Keeping fingers crossed)
    Definitely didn't fix double typing, don't get your hopes up. The first sentence I typed on .798 had 3 words with double letters.
    06-05-15 12:04 AM
    My Passport battery seems going down faster now.
    And it's keep asking me to restart the device! This is the third or fourth time!! WTF!? any idea why?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 12:05 AM
    Why BlackBerry doesn't state what were improved on the updates!?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 12:06 AM
    Only issue I have had so far is that there are no apps running and GPS stays on and will not turn off. It has stayed on for 10 minutes for no reason.

Edit: on my Passport.

Passport/Z30-5 10.3.2.798, Z10-3 10.3.2.158
    Last edited by Drew Oswalt; 06-05-15 at 12:37 AM.
    06-05-15 12:08 AM
    Blitz'd from 10.3.1 on my Passport and wow, it's noticeably faster. Changing pages on the home screen by swiping on the keyboard, as is pinching to zoom on the keyboard in the Web browser. No issues as of yet, even happier with my Passport now. Pebble via Bluetooth works fine.
    Last edited by kamarov; 06-05-15 at 02:59 AM.
    06-05-15 12:28 AM
    In the course of working with BB support on the Bluetooth problem, now apparently solved with my new Passport (same OS--680), BB made it very clear that the official OS for Passport was 10.3.2.680 and the official for the Classic was 10.3.2.798.

My question is--and this really is a question, not a rhetorical one: If 10.3.2.798 is official for the Classic and not still a beta for the Classic, could there be a good reason, perhaps known only to BB, why we should be using 10.3.2.680 on Passports rather than 798, even though 798 obviously works and there are core OS and radio files for the Passport in 798? Is it because they are still testing 798 on Passports, or maybe because BB knows of a problem with 798 on Passports? Just wondering.
    06-05-15 12:46 AM
    I have loaded blitz 798 on the device and found the bugs as follows -
    1. some contacts have been automatically deleted
    2. WhatsApp closing causing sluggish ,others no issues.
    3.magnify mode" ON" not stable on screen apps(icon) , never hitting the apps is shown larger.

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    06-05-15 01:02 AM

I'm so glad you finally got this resolved! Congrats!
    KenV54 likes this.
    06-05-15 01:40 AM
602 ... 1415161718 ...