06-11-16 12:16 AM
163 ... 4567
tools
    BlackBerry already said it wouldn't be.
    If they plan on selling any more BB10 units, they'll need to upgrade the Runtime.
    05-19-16 07:41 AM
    I updated my phone as well,just went and bought Lumia 640 for 50$ US(new in box),unlocked it and use on Wind,sick of waiting,but my Q10 is stay as back up phone for sure.I don"t say switch to Windows phone but for this price worth to try,I like it,but the first set up is nightmare,especially if you use it first time,mean Windows phone.
    05-19-16 08:22 AM
    If they plan on selling any more BB10 units, they'll need to upgrade the Runtime.
    The general consensus suggests they are not permitted to update the Runtime due to OHA regulations, even if BlackBerry had the developers left to do it - which they don't.
    05-19-16 08:35 AM
    And outsourcing doesn't exist in toon town.
    05-19-16 11:09 AM
    I hope is a version with the Fixed ART

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 01:19 PM
    You can downgrade the FB bar file

Posted via CB10
    How can you downgrade it? Can you explain please?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 12:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Download one of leaks Blitz file
    Use sachesi

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 02:11 AM
    Have any of you lot that received the updates extracted the files yet?

RedBlackBeast
    05-20-16 08:17 AM
    Have any of you lot that received the updates extracted the files yet?

RedBlackBeast
    You can't extract OS files loaded on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 10:00 AM
    You can't extract OS files loaded on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    It would be nice to see a screenshot (via Sachesi) of the files on that OS though!
    05-20-16 10:03 AM
    No update to Q5 Vodafone Romnia. Any news about this update for what Phone, what GSM operator and country is enable for update!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 11:05 AM
    It would be nice to see a screenshot (via Sachesi) of the files on that OS though!
    Yeah, that help to let us know which specific files were updated. Even if it was only 3 or 4 files.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 11:45 AM
    No update to Q5 Vodafone Romnia. Any news about this update for what Phone, what GSM operator and country is enable for update!

Posted via CB10
    No one has any idea who is getting this update or why they are getting it. It seems to be very limited in the number of people who have seen the OTA update.
    05-20-16 11:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Download one of leaks Blitz file
    Use sachesi

Posted via CB10
    This ^

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 03:31 PM
    The general consensus suggests they are not permitted to update the Runtime due to OHA regulations, even if BlackBerry had the developers left to do it - which they don't.
    Problem is that Google forces (essentially) OEM's to join OHA in order to use ART which was supposed to be "free". Now like every other software company in the world who had a "free" Product, they have slowly tightened down on how it can be used. It is becoming less and less "free" and more "we have you cornered now, so we can do what we want and charge for it."

Watch, at some point companies like Amazon will be forced to dump everything Android and move 100% Google or adopt a different OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 08:47 PM
    Problem is that Google forces (essentially) OEM's to join OHA in order to use ART which was supposed to be "free". Now like every other software company in the world who had a "free" Product, they have slowly tightened down on how it can be used. It is becoming less and less "free" and more "we have you cornered now, so we can do what we want and charge for it."

Watch, at some point companies like Amazon will be forced to dump everything Android and move 100% Google or adopt a different OS.

Posted via CB10
    I think Amazon gave up on phones after 13 months. Didn't take them long to realize it wasn't worth it. Firefox lasted 2 years or so. It's a hard world out there.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    05-21-16 03:12 PM
    A boring world too. Same old apps and interface everywhere.

Everything is so incremental and derivative now. Frankly at this point I kind of hope for open hardware and OS so I can write the apps myself and not have to deal with monetization or some designer's idea of what is best for me.

Posted via CB10
    Montmartre likes this.
    05-21-16 07:56 PM
    A boring world too. Same old apps and interface everywhere.

Everything is so incremental and derivative now. Frankly at this point I kind of hope for open hardware and OS so I can write the apps myself and not have to deal with monetization or some designer's idea of what is best for me.

Posted via CB10
    true! Windows 10 phone UI is actually really nice! I'm surprised they're not pushing their phones w/ all that cash on hand!
    05-25-16 08:37 AM
    true! Windows 10 phone UI is actually really nice! I'm surprised they're not pushing their phones w/ all that cash on hand!
    It looks like Windows Mobile threw in the towel today, after its market share dropped to 0.7%. They will "focus on Enterprise" from now on.
    05-25-16 08:57 AM
    It looks like Windows Mobile threw in the towel today, after its market share dropped to 0.7%. They will "focus on Enterprise" from now on.
    Huh... this sounds vaguely familiar and under similar circumstances... glitch in the Matrix?
    05-25-16 05:06 PM
    Huh... this sounds vaguely familiar and under similar circumstances... glitch in the Matrix?
    Android 84.1%, Apple 14.8%, Windows Mobile 0.7%, BlackBerry 0.2%.

http://www.cnet.com/news/windows-pho...tag=CAD590a51e
    05-25-16 05:16 PM
    Android 84.1%, Apple 14.8%, Windows Mobile 0.7%, BlackBerry 0.2%.

Windows Phone market share falls below 1 percent - CNET
    Yes, didn't BlackBerry go "focus on Enterprise" after dropping below 1% too?
    05-25-16 05:24 PM
    It's a good play for BlackBerry to continue making Android phones for the unclean masses. Bad move to price them ultra premium.

I think they can still remain profitable with a small number of enterprise/gov deployments on the superior security of BB10. If they aren't buying, they have a fiduciary duty to exit.

Personally, I hate android but due to lack of band support and updates my Passport has become a secondary device to iphone SE that sucks to type on but I can broadcast hotspot to Passport for getting work done.

Posted via CB10 on me red Blackberry Passport
    05-30-16 06:06 PM
    No chance of getting an autoloader for this OS or the update files? Only two people have got it yet?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 11:42 PM
    No chance of getting an autoloader for this OS or the update files? Only two people have got it yet?

Posted via CB10
    I think only 3 people that we have seen here and nobody has the time or inclination to give us any info.
    05-31-16 11:59 PM
163 ... 4567