12-30-17 12:24 PM
473 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Restoring settings is usually the culprit. Link does a very bad job of that.

You may need to consider a clean install. No restore with Link. Use Ultimate Backup from BBW instead.
    Hi Conite,

Technical question: suppose you don't wipe or use an autoloader, but backup everything with Link in Windows. Then you selectively restore the apps you want, and leave out the large BB Runtime when you do the restore. Link says that when you restore it erases what is there. Does that mean that if you do a selective restore of the apps you want and all the app data, but not the BlackBerry Runtime, that you will have only those apps minus the Runtime?

What I'm trying to do is to get a clean Runtime, since it appears to be corrupted, giving me problems with things like Google Maps, even with all of Cobalt's stuff properly installed, etc. I would like to avoid a wipe or autoloader if possible. Bottom line is that I don't quite understand what the Link warning means, that if you restore the apps, everything will be erased in the apps area. What if you selectively restore, say, just one app using Link? Does that erase all the other apps and leave you with just one app?

Sorry to be so complicated and repetitive, but I wanted to be clear. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 10:55 AM
    Hi Conite,

Technical question: suppose you don't wipe or use an autoloader, but backup everything with Link in Windows. Then you selectively restore the apps you want, and leave out the large BB Runtime when you do the restore. Link says that when you restore it erases what is there. Does that mean that if you do a selective restore of the apps you want and all the app data, but not the BlackBerry Runtime, that you will have only those apps minus the Runtime?

What I'm trying to do is to get a clean Runtime, since it appears to be corrupted, giving me problems with things like Google Maps, even with all of Cobalt's stuff properly installed, etc. I would like to avoid a wipe or autoloader if possible. Bottom line is that I don't quite understand what the Link warning means, that if you restore the apps, everything will be erased in the apps area. What if you selectively restore, say, just one app using Link? Does that erase all the other apps and leave you with just one app?

Sorry to be so complicated and repetitive, but I wanted to be clear. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    You can easily just restore individual components or apps without worrying about erasing anything else.

I've gone down the road before of restoring without settings, BlackBerry Runtime, application settings, etc, but at that point there isn't much left. Downloading and installing the apps over wifi is easy. So close to clean, you might as go all the way.
    07-30-16 11:09 AM
    You can easily just restore individual components or apps without worrying about erasing anything else.

I've gone down the road before of restoring without settings, BlackBerry Runtime, application settings, etc, but at that point there isn't much left. Downloading and installing the apps over wifi is easy. So close to clean, you might as go all the way.
    OK, thanks.

Reinstalling BlackBerry apps through BBW is easy and automatic.

But reinstalling the Google Play Store apps seems to be a cumbersome and time consuming process, going through the APK install individually on every app. Or is there a better way, like restoring just the GPStore apps through Link but not the app data file or BlackBerry Runtime, or something along those lines?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 11:47 AM
    OK, thanks.

Reinstalling BlackBerry apps through BBW is easy and automatic.

But reinstalling the Google Play Store apps seems to be a cumbersome and time consuming process, going through the APK install individually on every app. Or is there a better way, like restoring just the GPStore apps through Link but not the app data file or BlackBerry Runtime, or something along those lines?

Posted via CB10
    I just wouldn't do it. Android apps are funny. Some settings are saved along with global Android settings in the BlackBerry Runtime component. There is potential for instability.
    07-30-16 11:53 AM
    I just wouldn't do it. Android apps are funny. Some settings are saved along with global Android settings in the BlackBerry Runtime component. There is potential for instability.
    Thanks, again. Glad I asked. Now I understand it better.

I don't look forward to losing a day with an autoloader and reloading all those Android apps from the Google Play Store, but maybe there is no choice if I want to get them working right without all the shutdowns and warnings to 'Wait".

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 12:57 PM
    Thanks, again. Glad I asked. Now I understand it better.

I don't look forward to losing a day with an autoloader and reloading all those Android apps from the Google Play Store, but maybe there is no choice if I want to get them working right without all the shutdowns and warnings to 'Wait".

Posted via CB10
    Look on the bright side--it will give you a good opportunity to review ALL those apps you have in your device just sitting there, rarely ever being used. Probably 15 or 20 of them you don't even need to reinstall if you are like most people.
    07-30-16 01:24 PM
    By the way, the same 27 apps from 2813 that are newer than 2876, are also newer than 2888. Here is the link again:

https://mega.nz/#!hUgAiRDZ!fKboUnMMw...pluxyEbt0F64DU
    Last edited by conite; 07-31-16 at 07:52 AM.
    07-30-16 06:28 PM
    Is that file encrypted Conite?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 02:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    I get the same request for a decryption code when I click the link.
    07-31-16 04:55 AM
    I get the same request for a decryption code when I click the link.
    Sorry. I fixed the link above.
    07-31-16 07:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    It works now.
    07-31-16 07:53 AM
    Thanks very much Conite.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 09:32 AM
    Dear all,
    My name is Manuel S

Help me pls, how to install photo resizer app?

Regard.
    Manuel

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 06:46 AM
    Dear all,
    My name is Manuel S

Help me pls, how to install photo resizer app?

Regard.
    Manuel

Posted via CB10
    What device do you have? Where is this app from? What specific problems are you having? Please provide much more detail.
    08-02-16 07:35 AM
    Is the YouTube uploader fixed in this release? I can't upload to youtube neither with the built in applet nor through the browser (desktop or mobile UA).

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 08:08 AM
    I loaded this OS and noticed when I start Driod apps the phone freezes. I can navigate between screens, but nothing responds. I did a clean install to start. After reading through the thread I took the suggestion of loading .2813 of the two android files. I get the same results. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks for any responses.
    08-05-16 08:26 AM
    How does one download a .bar file, I'm used to Autoloading from Mega. Any help would be appreciated thanks
    Classic - SQC 100-1
    08-07-16 06:57 PM
    I loaded this OS and noticed when I start Driod apps the phone freezes. I can navigate between screens, but nothing responds. I did a clean install to start. After reading through the thread I took the suggestion of loading .2813 of the two android files. I get the same results. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks for any responses.
    The first time the Android runtime starts it can take a while. Did the screen show a green progress line going across? Try starting it and let it go. It may take awhile, but after that it Android apps will start quickly since the runtime is already running.
    08-07-16 10:15 PM
    The first time the Android runtime starts it can take a while. Did the screen show a green progress line going across? Try starting it and let it go. It may take awhile, but after that it Android apps will start quickly since the runtime is already running.
    Don't forget that 2888 also has the faulty Runtime. You still need to update it from BBW.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918

Reboot after install.
    08-07-16 10:37 PM
    Don't forget that 2888 also has the faulty Runtime. You still need to update it from BBW.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918

Reboot after install.
    He stated that he loaded the runtime from 2813, so that shouldn't be an issue. Provided he loaded the correct files, and rebooted of course.
    08-07-16 10:45 PM
    I used the two runtime files for .2813 and rebooted several times. Not sure of the issue. That being said the url above yields a 404 error for those that may want to try the fix.
    08-08-16 07:13 AM
    I used the two runtime files for .2813 and rebooted several times. Not sure of the issue. That being said the url above yields a 404 error for those that may want to try the fix.
    you need to use your blackberry to access that link it will open in blackberry world
    08-08-16 08:34 AM
    Ok. Tried it and it opens BBW and takes me to the main page, but it looks like it just sits there.
    08-08-16 10:42 AM
    If you loaded the files from 2813 properly you should have no issues. That runtime works fine, I used them for quite a while on 2876, and on 2888. I now and using the one Blackberry provided in the update though since it has a higher number and works better in Sachesi when updating with "Only install newer apps" is selected.

The only issue you would have with the runtime provided in 2888 is that you would not be able to delete Android apps, the apps would run just fine.

So, how did you load the runtime files from 2813, and how did you acquire them? Also, when you tried to open an Android app, did you see the green progress bar on the screen? If you see that, let it go, don't stop it. IT may take a while to load the first time.

If you did not see the progress bar, and it just froze, I would suggest reloading 2888, and if using Sachesi, deselect, "Only install newer apps." Reboot, and try to open an android app. If it works, then go to the link provided a few comments ago and update the runtime.
    08-08-16 12:11 PM
    Loaded the "upgrade" from BBW. Same issue. I get the green line going across the middle of the screen. For the first time though I get the freeze to occur when the phone is just sitting. I am reinstalling the OS using Sachesi with the "Only install newer apps" box unchecked. I will report back the results once the install is complete and the phone settles for a day or two.

Thanks for the help on this and more to come unlike Blend.
    08-08-16 01:27 PM
473 ... 1415161718 ...