12-30-17 01:24 PM
473 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    How to perform non destructive os update?i am in 2876
    07-13-16 02:28 AM
    How to perform non destructive os update?i am in 2876
    /bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/guide-how-do-non-destructive-os-upgrade-sachesi-904841/#post9995979

Or

1. Download the Core OS and Radio for your particular device from the first post of this thread.
    2. Download the updated apps from the first post in this thread.
    3. Put everything you just download into a single folder.
    4. Open Sachesi and connect your device.
    5. At the install page, choose install folder and select the folder you just created.
    6. Upgrade starts.
    7. Once done, your device will reboot.
    8. After reboot is done, do another reboot(this is optional)
    9. Your device is upgraded and ready to use.
    07-13-16 04:16 AM
    I got too many stuff and saved webspages on homescreen to reboot. Sadly can't use autoloader

Blackberry Passport (Imaginary 10.3.3)
    07-13-16 09:38 AM
    Trying to install the new files over 2876 on my Classic using Sachesi.

Getting this error:
    While sending: sys.data.wallpaper-10.3.2.2006.bar
    [16:15:40] Error: failure 850 execcmd(['/base/bin/umount', '-f', '/accounts/1000/shared/protected_media/wallpaper'], timeout=10) returns 1

I remember having issues on previous OS'es, but thats a while back now.

Can I drop the sys.data.wallpaper file and install the rest?
    07-13-16 10:19 AM
    Trying to install the new files over 2876 on my Classic using Sachesi.

Getting this error:
    While sending: sys.data.wallpaper-10.3.2.2006.bar
    [16:15:40] Error: failure 850 execcmd(['/base/bin/umount', '-f', '/accounts/1000/shared/protected_media/wallpaper'], timeout=10) returns 1

I remember having issues on previous OS'es, but thats a while back now.

Can I drop the sys.data.wallpaper file and install the rest?
    You have to install the wallpaper bar file at the same time as a radio or core OS.
    andre3030 likes this.
    07-13-16 10:36 AM
    Thanks conite!
    Totally forgot about that
    07-13-16 11:33 AM
    Went back to 2876,as this OS was buggy for me on my se passport!

Posted via CB10
    eldogor likes this.
    07-13-16 04:03 PM
    Nyet. Sorry that's the closest I can get without Wikipedia.
    Thats not lithuanian

Posted via my q10
    07-13-16 05:03 PM
    Hello, how can I download it

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 05:24 PM
    Hello, how can I download it

Posted via CB10
    That's a loaded question. It depends on which method of update you want to perform.

For a clean install of the OS, you would use an autoloader. This is the best way, but it wipes your device in the process.

You can use Sachesi to install the files for a non-destructive update, but this may carry whatever issues you were having before to your new OS.

I would suggest you read up on both methods. All the files you would eventually need are in the first post in this thread.
    07-13-16 05:30 PM
    Thats not lithuanian

Posted via my q10
    I know that's why I said "closest". Not close at all.
    07-13-16 05:33 PM
    Hey y'all. I dunno what I'm doing wrong but I got a Z30 on Telus and for the life of me, I can't get this autoloader to download to my BlackBerry. When it ask to type in my devices password, as I type nothing appears on the screen and then it starts to do a non stop rebooting session. I dunno what's going on. I've downloaded the autoloader about 4 times and same shht. I don't wanna do non destructive download. Anyone else going through this nonsense?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 05:37 PM
    Hey y'all. I dunno what I'm doing wrong but I got a Z30 on Telus and for the life of me, I can't get this autoloader to download to my BlackBerry. When it ask to type in my devices password, as I type nothing appears on the screen and then it starts to do a non stop rebooting session. I dunno what's going on. I've downloaded the autoloader about 4 times and same shht. I don't wanna do non destructive download. Anyone else going through this nonsense?

Posted via CB10
    You d/l to your PC and run the file from there.
    07-13-16 05:46 PM
    Went back to 2876,as this OS was buggy for me on my se passport!

Posted via CB10
    Really? In what way? I, too, have the SE Passport and am running 2888. It is faster and definitely better battery life than 2876. Maybe I have bugs too but I haven't noticed them.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 05:52 PM
    You d/l to your PC and run the file from there.
    I've been doing that but the issue is that it won't allow me to enter my password and then it goes into a rebooting spiral until I disconnect my device from the comp. I've been downloading Autoloaders from day one and never been through this drama.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 05:59 PM
    I've been doing that but the issue is that it won't allow me to enter my password and then it goes into a rebooting spiral until I disconnect my device from the comp. I've been downloading Autoloaders from day one and never been through this drama.

Posted via CB10
    Did you turn off BB protect before running the loader.
    07-13-16 06:05 PM
    Did you turn off BB protect before running the loader.
    I did not think of that. Will try that right now. Thanks. Keep you posted.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 06:35 PM
    Sorry for my ignorance. I am trying to get back into using my Z10 ... is there any way to upgrade my OS directly from my phone?
    What I have gleaned is that I need my PC to use Darcy and Sachesi in order to build and use an autoloader.
    Does anyone build autoloaders and post them? I guess that would save a step only though; I'd still be on my PC. So, is there any way to run an autoloader using only the phone sans PC? Sort of an OTA hack?
    I also want to thank people who make this possible. This community is awesome and I'm really happy to be back... I have regrettably forgotten how to update this great little phone though
    I think I have currently an OS or radio that just isn't good for my z10 because it runs insanely hot and battery depletes so fast.
    I really do appreciate all the people who help guys like me stay with this amazing phone. I'm sorry for being clueless!
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 09:44 PM
    Well that didn't work. Just kept rebooting. Did it the non destructive way. All is good except trying to download one updated app file. The wallpaper one keeps giving an error. Not sure why though.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 09:48 PM
    Sorry for my ignorance. I am trying to get back into using my Z10 ... is there any way to upgrade my OS directly from my phone?
    What I have gleaned is that I need my PC to use Darcy and Sachesi in order to build and use an autoloader.
    Does anyone build autoloaders and post them? I guess that would save a step only though; I'd still be on my PC. So, is there any way to run an autoloader using only the phone sans PC? Sort of an OTA hack?
    I also want to thank people who make this possible. This community is awesome and I'm really happy to be back... I have regrettably forgotten how to update this great little phone though
    I think I have currently an OS or radio that just isn't good for my z10 because it runs insanely hot and battery depletes so fast.
    I really do appreciate all the people who help guys like me stay with this amazing phone. I'm sorry for being clueless!
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    There's no way to run an autoloader or anything like that from the phone, you need a Windows PC for them.

As for where to get autoloaders, check the bottom half of the first post in this thread.
    07-13-16 09:51 PM
    Well that didn't work. Just kept rebooting. Did it the non destructive way. All is good except trying to download one updated app file. The wallpaper one keeps giving an error. Not sure why though.

Posted via CB10
    The wallpaper file has to be installed at the same time as either a radio or a core OS file.
    07-13-16 09:51 PM
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, you will need a pc to do the update either via sachesi, Darcy or Autoloader.
    You can't update directly using your phone only.
    The Autoloaders are already posted in the first post of this thread.
    You can try checking for new updates on your phone by going to setting/software update.
    07-13-16 09:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    You need the wallpaper file so it will work.
    07-13-16 09:54 PM
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    You need a PC. There is no other way.

Autoloaders are available and ready to go. Check the first post of this thread.
    07-13-16 10:02 PM
    Thanks much! I guess I didn't see the autoloaders. I was thinking there were only the files and I had to compile my own autoloader. Do people do that frequently? Mix and match radio and leaked OS files to dial in a winning combination for their device? Or am I way of now and showing that I truly am a rookie?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 01:02 AM
473 ... 1011121314 ...