115 ... 345
tools
    How can I get the leaked OS downloaded?

Posted Via Aaron's BlackBerry Z10 
    1st page man 1st page

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-17-15 01:49 AM
    Its not the OS, it's the hardware. My Passport has been smooth with all OS's. Also my Q10. My daughter uses my old Z10 now with the latest official OS, but still not and never been smooth.

Increased smoothness from a new OS is wishfull thinking. Nothing wrong with that. But it is only in your head.

Passport 10.3.2.2813
    12-17-15 07:56 AM
    Its not the OS, it's the hardware. My Passport has been smooth with all OS's. Also my Q10. My daughter uses my old Z10 now with the latest official OS, but still not and never been smooth.

Increased smoothness from a new OS is wishfull thinking. Nothing wrong with that. But it is only in your head.

Passport 10.3.2.2813
    So the GPU in z10 s ****

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 09:15 AM

Passport 10.3.2.2813
    Z10, Q10, and Classic all have the same hardware...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-17-15 09:53 AM

Passport 10.3.2.2813
    I'm using 2813 on my Z10 and it is incredibly smooth. It is better than it has ever been. I had been hunting for a replacement phone, but so far haven't decided what to get. Now I don't really feel the need. I am still looking, but not because I am dissatisfied with the Z10.
    12-17-15 11:34 AM
    Solved my lagging problem. Let's see for how long.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 02:20 PM
    I'm using 2813 on my Z10 and it is incredibly smooth. It is better than it has ever been. I had been hunting for a replacement phone, but so far haven't decided what to get. Now I don't really feel the need. I am still looking, but not because I am dissatisfied with the Z10.
    Get a Passport! You'll love it!

Passport 10.3.2.2813
    12-17-15 04:24 PM
    Updated my Q10 from Sprint's last official os to this release about a week ago. Awesome release from Sprint. My Q10 performs and feels like it has the hardware of a Passport. Sprint takes a long time to issue an official release, but when it does, it's butter.
    12-17-15 07:48 PM
    Get a Passport! You'll love it!

Passport 10.3.2.2813
    I truly want a Passport, and may get one, but I am hesitant to invest any more in BB10. I will most likely buy on a two year contract, and I keep my phones at least two years anyway. I am not convinced Blackberry will be still developing for BB10 much longer. The mere fact they won't even update their Facebook app tells me a lot. I am using an Android version. I need it for my business or I wouldn't care.

There aren't too many options out there though, I hate Android because of Google, and iPhone's have so many productivity issues for my specific needs. They are good phones, but they lack a lot of what we are used to with Blackberry. A file manager is one, and the ability to easily save any attachment is another. They made improvements with iOS9 in that regard, but it is still not as good as BB10, or even older Blackberries.

I am looking at the Lumia 950 right now, and will probably wait for them to work out the bugs. The ability to use thumb drives is attractive, and the hub that allows you to hook it up to a TV or monitor and add more USB ports looks like something that will work for me. I travel worldwide and would like to leave my computer at home. This would allow me to take the images off my camera's card, and transfer them to a hard drive, using the phone. The downside is they have no sync software for the Mac. I do not like the cloud and won't use it. A local sync is better for me since I am often in a place with no service, or very slow service making the cloud not workable. Unfortunately, that leaves Blackberry, whose sync isn't working so well on Mac right now, and hasn't since they moved to Link, and the iPhone, which syncs find via USB.

I truly wish people would demand a local sync option. To have tow devices next to each other , and require them to sync via the internet is ridiculous.

Oh, and I so love the Passport. Of course, my Z10 has been a great device, it is the perfect size, has HDMI out, and I can change the battery. That is a big thing of me since I am sometimes traveling a long time, to countries where I may not be able to plug in right away. Having the ability to swap batteries is a nice feature. Yes, the Passport battery lasts longer than the Z10, but I guarantee I can run it down quickly in an area with bad signal while traveling. With multiple batteries, I can go a long long time.

Currently with this OS, I am getting 14 hours + on an average day out of the battery, with battery remaining. I am back with good signal though. I was away for six months in an area with bad signal and I couldn't get through the day on a battery. Part of that was due to spending a good portion of the day in what was basically a metal box that blocked most of the signal. My battery drained quickly then.
    12-17-15 10:36 PM
    Can anyone here definitively say if this latest official update fixes any issues with the proximity sensor? My proximity sensor doesn't recognize when I hold the Passport up to my face and will "face dial" while on a call

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 06:29 PM
    Just reverted back from 2876 and I found there was not much difference between the last two oses.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    01-05-16 10:30 PM
    Can anyone here definitively say if this latest official update fixes any issues with the proximity sensor? My proximity sensor doesn't recognize when I hold the Passport up to my face and will "face dial" while on a call

Posted via CB10
    It should be working on the OS you have, so there is nothing to "fix", so to speak.

Either you have a hardware fault, or something bad happened during your last OS install.

I would try BBVE to check your sensors.

Of course the very act of updating an OS (any OS - even redoing the one you're on now) may potentially kick-start it into working again.
    01-07-16 08:41 AM
    It should be working on the OS you have, so there is nothing to "fix", so to speak.

Either you have a hardware fault, or something bad happened during your last OS install.

I would try BBVE to check your sensors.

Of course the very act of updating an OS (any OS - even redoing the one you're on now) may potentially kick-start it into working again.
    BlackBerry Virtual Expert says the proximity sensor only works when the device is in a very bright environment. Otherwise, it doesn't really work properly.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 11:54 AM
    Erm. I'm on 2813 atm and I have to say it is prettyy buttery smooth. My only concern is the occasionally heating issues at the CPU area when I play game. Even small game like Hues can heat up my Passport pretty quick. Could be a bottleneck? I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 09:30 PM
    On 10.3.2.2474 my Passport proximity sensor won't turn off the screen when I have the phone against my face for calls. Please tell me that 2813 resolves this!

Posted via CB10
    Fix it, right

Send via  Passport SE
    01-08-16 03:40 AM
115 ... 345