01-08-16 04:40 AM
115 123 ...
tools
    Two days since blitz update. No more auto-shutdown of running apps or lags on prior leaks. Good battery performance.
    Much better than .2789.
    FF22, blackbird666 and Trunkton like this.
    12-04-15 04:19 AM
    Installed some 15 hrs back,
    Battery performance is no doubt better than last Leak, I feel WiFi performance is little better too.
    I am disappointed with no change in Android version.
    12-04-15 05:04 AM
    My experience is good. Battery is better. Same wifi for me. I feel OS is even more fluid.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 05:44 AM
    Nice to read all these good reviews! I'm going to wait for OTA and hopefully it comes before Christmas.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    12-04-15 06:25 AM
    The battery is definitely much better, by about 30% with moderate use. Nothing else to note yet but this OS and the previous one have been quite good without major issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 07:52 AM
    Nice to read all these good reviews! I'm going to wait for OTA and hopefully it comes before Christmas.

This is a Sprint release. I doubt anyone else will ever see it.
    12-04-15 08:05 AM

Or do a autoloader/blitz update instead before Christmas?
    12-04-15 08:55 AM

OTA is going to happen only for Sprint, I believe, since it has been designed for the Sprint Q10.
    12-04-15 09:03 AM
    Two days since blitz update. No more auto-shutdown of running apps or lags on prior leaks. Good battery performance.
    Much better than .2789.
    Sounds like you had a bad install the last time you updated. Mine is perfect. I dont understand the battery being better either.
    12-04-15 09:27 AM
    So what you're saying is that this OS is Country Crock, not a Margarine?
    12-04-15 09:37 AM
    So what you're saying is that this OS is Country Crock, not a Margarine?
    I can't believe it's not butter.
    12-04-15 09:53 AM
    I can't believe it's not butter.
    In my case, I got twice SMS flickering and my wifi became poorer.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 10:39 AM
    This is a Sprint release. I doubt anyone else will ever see it.
    That's a pity, oh well. Still looking forward to the next global OTA. (not that anything is wrong) but I love updating. It's "exciting"

12-04-15 11:55 AM
    I dont like the browser in this one. It is so slow and it lags even on light pages.
    12-04-15 12:20 PM
    I am disappointed with no change in Android version.
    There will be no more development of the Android Runtime on BlackBerry 10. What you have is as much as you'll get.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-04-15 02:14 PM
    There will be no more development of the Android Runtime on BlackBerry 10. What you have is as much as you'll get.
    And your source is?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 05:23 PM
    And your source is?

Posted via CB10
    It's been well documented. It came from the BlackBerry developers blog.
    12-04-15 06:07 PM
    And your source is?

Posted via CB10
    BB Dev Blog setting out what is to come for BB10 said they would continue to support the existing runtime. No mention of runtime upgrade.
    12-04-15 06:11 PM
    BB Dev Blog setting out what is to come for BB10 said they would continue to support the existing runtime. No mention of runtime upgrade.
    It neither mentions that it will never be upgraded. I always thought about it when everybody comes up with this announcement. Its just said it will continue with current ART. It neither says it will continue with it forever, nor that it will never be upgraded. So how could you people come to the conclusions u have now?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2813
    theGUNNER, 308hunter and gugomat like this.
    12-04-15 06:34 PM
    It neither mentions that it will never be upgraded. I always thought about it when everybody comes up with this announcement. Its just said it will continue with current ART. It neither says it will continue with it forever, nor that it will never be upgraded. So how could you people come to the conclusions u have now?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2813
    In the near term (6-12M) we know it won't happen due to the Dev Blog link, the reduction in staffing devoted to the mobile division and alot of remaining staff devoted to PRIV related development.

There are other considerations in updating the runtime, mainly that Google, which now licenses Google App/Playstore for the PRIV, would be in their right to withdraw the license anytime they wish if BB did update the runtime via the anti- fragmentation clause it includes in the MADA(Mobile Application Distribution Agreement) that each licensee must sign. The anti- fragmentation clause prevents partners from adding the runtime to non-Android devices like Samsung Tizen.

Although BB was successful in grandfathering in the existing runtime for the PRIV license, it doesn't make sense for Google to approve further development given its history of taking more and more control of Android with each version. Google has wielded MADA as an cudgel against its biggest partners such as Samsung/HTC/Moto when they stray from the Google ordained path and will have no qualms with using it against BB.

Just some background on why a runtime update is highly unlikely.
    Tobor777 likes this.
    12-04-15 10:27 PM
    In the near term (6-12M) we know it won't happen due to the Dev Blog link, the reduction in staffing devoted to the mobile division and alot of remaining staff devoted to PRIV related development.

There are other considerations in updating the runtime, mainly that Google, which now licenses Google App/Playstore for the PRIV, would be in their right to withdraw the license anytime they wish if BB did update the runtime via the anti- fragmentation clause it includes in the MADA(Mobile Application Distribution Agreement) that each licensee must sign. The anti- fragmentation clause prevents partners from adding the runtime to non-Android devices like Samsung Tizen.

Although BB was successful in grandfathering in the existing runtime for the PRIV license, it doesn't make sense for Google to approve further development given its history of taking more and more control of Android with each version. Google has wielded MADA as an cudgel against its biggest partners such as Samsung/HTC/Moto when they stray from the Google ordained path and will have no qualms with using it against BB.

Just some background on why a runtime update is highly unlikely.
    They could distribute the runtime update as an optional installable thing, like on SailfishOS and Tizen (and unofficially, webOS).

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-05-15 01:47 AM
    Much better than .2789.
    I can't seem to hold my SE, it slips from my hand. Its like someone applied butter to the whole device

Its been 2 days and all I can say is, the device is performing too good.
    snapexp, Vistaus, idhbar and 2 others like this.
    12-05-15 01:53 AM
    They could distribute the runtime update as an optional installable thing, like on SailfishOS and Tizen (and unofficially, webOS).

Posted via CB10
    Yes they could make BB10 compatible with ACL but I think due to security considerations they'd want to keep it all in-house which then goes back to the original issue of the phone maker fragmenting Android.
    12-05-15 02:23 AM

Just some background on why a ART update is highly unlikely.
    Mmm....but all these never make a final statement that it will never b updated. As mentioned in ur comment, its highly unlikely though. But what if chen has some other plan? Maybe a new twist to all these rules somehow? Can that be a reason y he never said it will never b upgraded?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2813
    12-05-15 04:04 AM
    Nah, definitely OS issues. I installed via autoloader without restore. And my mate's PP running. 27XX still has this problem. I'll do the update for him next Monday tho. Anyway everything is pretty good now!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 11:23 AM
115 123 ...