03-28-16 07:45 PM
775 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Bbos 10 all the way I'm not jumping ship anytime soon PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.2789 well keep passport as long as I can

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 11:32 AM
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2789 here.

Is there a way to turn wifi calling OFF, other than turning off wifi altogether?
    10-10-15 03:06 PM
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2789 here.

Is there a way to turn wifi calling OFF, other than turning off wifi altogether?
    You would have to load the WFC app, which is essentially and on/off switch. Easiest way to get it is, when you have a strong T-mo cell signal (wifi off), load BBworld. Upper left will be dedicated T-mo stuff. Tap, then business. It's right there to load.
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-10-15 03:24 PM
    You would have to load the WFC app, which is essentially and on/off switch. Easiest way to get it is, when you have a strong T-mo cell signal (wifi off), load BBworld. Upper left will be dedicated T-mo stuff. Tap, then business. It's right there to load.
    Hmm, I'm not finding that app, or indeed a dedicated T-mo section.
    bBOLD723 likes this.
    10-10-15 04:21 PM
    Hmm, I'm not finding that app, or indeed a dedicated T-mo section.
    It's likely because your phone and/or OS build are not whitelisted in BlackBerry World.

If you are comfortable with Sachesi, download the .bar from the OP and load it.
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-10-15 04:27 PM
    ok guys ive downloaded and installed the autoloader for my Z30 STA100-5 SR 10.3.2.2514 OS10.3.2.2789. There are a few issues i am having with this 1. it will not play any of my music it is giving me an error msg (this file contains an unsupported media format) this is happening on all my music. it was all playing before the update. 2. when i record video from my phone and play it back there is no sound. 3. in my hub there is no text message icon. i dont know if and when i receive any texts. but in my home screen the icon is there. when i tap the icon/app it takes me to a blank hub, i cannot even compose a text. the only way i am able to compose a text is clicking on the individual contact
    once that is done it wont even show up. is anyone else having the same issues as i am , is there a fix , if noot can i downgrade to a previous OS. Please Help desperate need of some expert assistance

Thank You
    10-10-15 04:59 PM
    ok guys ive downloaded and installed the autoloader for my Z30 STA100-5 SR 10.3.2.2514 OS10.3.2.2789. There are a few issues i am having with this 1. it will not play any of my music it is giving me an error msg (this file contains an unsupported media format) this is happening on all my music. it was all playing before the update. 2. when i record video from my phone and play it back there is no sound. 3. in my hub there is no text message icon. i dont know if and when i receive any texts. but in my home screen the icon is there. when i tap the icon/app it takes me to a blank hub, i cannot even compose a text. the only way i am able to compose a text is clicking on the individual contact
    once that is done it wont even show up. is anyone else having the same issues as i am , is there a fix , if noot can i downgrade to a previous OS. Please Help desperate need of some expert assistance

Thank You
    Just upgraded my Passport using Blitz -- no issues. Try wiping and reinstalling

Posted via CB10
    superdiesel likes this.
    10-10-15 05:03 PM
    Been away for a while but I just picked up a relatively excellent condition Z10 (I had a DevB device in the recent past) so this is a nice little step up with double the RAM over that previous device. Having said that, it had stock 10.2.1.(something) on it and I decided it would be better off with the latest and greatest which appears to be what this thread is all about: 10.3.2.2789. I grabbed the autoloader from thurask's Bitcasa site and installed it without issues. I checked the info and it clearly showed 10.3.2.2789 on the About device info page.

I pulled the battery so I could get my SIM card in it for testing (I don't have active service at the moment, and this appears to be the T-Mobile variant but I would love to find some way to absolutely confirm that - it did show the T-Mobile splash page on power up and power down with the stock ROM, however). So I put the SIM card in, put the battery back in and started it up and it appeared to go into a mode where it was installing the OS again (it was not connected to any USB ports at the time, only a discrete USB charger) and after it did finish the process (about 6 minutes) when I checked the About device info page it showed 10.3.2.2514 soooo...

I'm a bit puzzled why that happened or is happening. Did I not do something right somewhere? It's been a while since I've used BB devices and the only prior device I owned was that Z10 DevB model, never had an issue like this - whatever I flashed was what stayed on the device till I changed it but now I'm not sure if this has anything to do with this Z10 being a retail non-developer device.

I know it's not going to kill me to not be on the bleeding edge but, I am curious to know why it seems to drop back in terms of the build number after a reboot when it clearly showed 2789 in place.

Thanks for any responses...
    10-10-15 05:08 PM
    I'm a bit puzzled why that happened or is happening. Did I not do something right somewhere?
    Software version vs OS version...
    10-10-15 05:18 PM
    I pulled the battery so I could get my SIM card in it for testing (I don't have active service at the moment, and this appears to be the T-Mobile variant but I would love to find some way to absolutely confirm that - it did show the T-Mobile splash page on power up and power down with the stock ROM, however). About device info page it showed 10.3.2.2514 soooo...
    Lord thurask answered the software version vs. OS version question. Regarding confirming your phone's model#, type myver in a text field (like a BBM/email/text message.) If it shows RFK121LW, you have the "T-Mobile" version of the Z10, down to the sub-model. If it's RFF91LW, that's the "AT&T" version, but fully compatible.
    10-10-15 05:27 PM
    ok downloading blitz what do i do next never used sachesi
    10-10-15 05:31 PM
    Software version vs OS version...
    Ah, yeah, that would be the reason, thanks.

Lord thurask answered the software version vs. OS version question. Regarding confirming your phone's model#, type myver in a text field (like a BBM/email/text message.) If it shows RFK121LW, you have the "T-Mobile" version of the Z10, down to the sub-model. If it's RFF91LW, that's the "AT&T" version, but fully compatible.
    I did that and all it shows is "Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2789" - tried it several times in several apps and I get the same thing each time. Is it possible this was the factory device and a previous owner installed the T-Mobile build on which would have shown the T-Mobile splash screens? Hrmmm...

EDIT:

Duh, now that I know what to look for, that model identifier, I opened up the case and removed the battery and voila, RFK121LW so, T-Mobile it is.

Thanks for that tidbit, had no idea, honestly.
    Last edited by br0adband; 10-10-15 at 06:05 PM.
    10-10-15 05:50 PM
    Ah, yeah, that would be the reason, thanks.

I did that and all it shows is "Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2789" - tried it several times in several apps and I get the same thing each time. Is it possible this was the factory device and a previous owner installed the T-Mobile build on which would have shown the T-Mobile splash screens? Hrmmm...
    If I'm not mistaken the splash screen is "loaded" in your Sim card, not the phone itself

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-10-15 05:57 PM
    "Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2789" - tried it several times in several apps and I get the same thing each time.
    Sorry--I forgot that myver does not tell you the sub-model.

Go to Settings>About>Regulatory Approvals. If the FCC ID is L6ARFK120LW, you have the "T-Mobile" version. If it's L6ARFF90LW, you have the "AT&T" version. You can also glean the model# from the box, if it came with your phone.

Regardless, you have an STL100-3, which is the one to have for T-Mobile.
    10-10-15 06:25 PM
    It's likely because your phone and/or OS build are not whitelisted in BlackBerry World.

If you are comfortable with Sachesi, download the .bar from the OP and load it.
    Thanks. That worked.
    10-10-15 06:57 PM
    dude it worked Blitz worked flawlessly every issue that i had has been resolved thanks for your assistance. Much appreciated
    trd09 likes this.
    10-10-15 07:41 PM
    Best battery performance ever! Last time I seen such a great battery performance was on some of first leak of 10.3.0. In this build my Z10 have a record of 50 hours of moderate usage. I talked 3 hours, was connected to WiFi in home, outside LTE, using browser play coc, watching a full movie 2 h length. Hope it will stay that way in future updates.
    OS 10.3.2.2789 for all devices and Autoloaders-img_20151010_182047.png
    OS 10.3.2.2789 for all devices and Autoloaders-img_20151010_182034.png

Posted via CB10
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-10-15 07:58 PM
    What's that???
    10-10-15 08:16 PM
    What's that???
    A reason why some apps are unavailable for some devices.
    10-10-15 08:58 PM
    Now that BlackBerry has released the WiFi calling setting for t mobile in the most recent update, how come it doesn't work for my Sprint Q10? I have WiFi calling enabled on my plan.

Is it a hardware incompatibility with the Q10?

Q10 on 10.3.2.2789

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 01:13 AM
    Now that BlackBerry has released the WiFi calling setting for t mobile in the most recent update, how come it doesn't work for my Sprint Q10? I have WiFi calling enabled on my plan.

Is it a hardware incompatibility with the Q10?

Q10 on 10.3.2.2789

Posted via CB10
    1. T-mo WFC only works on T-mo. (Your profile says you are on Sprint)
    2. A Sprint Q10 is a CDMA phone with an unlockable GSM "side", so even if you tried to use it on T-Mo I do not think it would even work.
    10-11-15 02:34 AM
    Z10, T-Mobile-branded, on latest 10.2.1.x, 244 files to this version
    Z30, from shopblackberry, on latest OTA available 10.3.2.x, 69 files to this version
    Q10, T-Mobile-branded, on latest 10.2.1.x, 241 files to this version
    10-11-15 03:28 AM
    While I know that it works on TMO US, one carrier in Canada seems to offer wifi calling also. I'm not sure whether there is one carrier in your country that offers it. I'm aware that somebody suggested Cell C. Anyway, try to go to BB World and look for the wifi calling app that may be specific to Cell C. Download it and install it then turn it on.

What I have with mine is the wifi calling app made by BlackBerry Limited. I thought it was TMO specific. It may work with you too.
    I know Cell C in South Africa rolled out their WIFI calling feature so I assumed it may work since the OS has got that feature

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 04:12 AM
    I know Cell C in South Africa rolled out their WIFI calling feature so I assumed it may work since the OS has got that feature

Posted via CB10
    The wifi-calling option allowed by this OS is for T-Mo USA. At&t is about to start putting their version of wifi-calling on iPhones at At&t. Unlikely in the extreme they will work on one another's systems. Same for Cell C. Whatever their version it will be specific to them. Also, with the exception of T-Mo USA, I know of no other carrier that allows series 10 BBerry devices on wifi-calling. So your variables are Carrier, OS, and phone. This isn't a standard fare voip like Skype etc that works on everything.
    Last edited by scrannel; 10-11-15 at 09:36 AM.
    raino likes this.
    10-11-15 08:35 AM
    You said it (and so did scrannel): this WiFi calling works in the TMO system. I doubt it's hardware incompatibility--just Sprint limiting the choices when it comes to voWiFi phones.

I don't know how Sprint regulates it, but one of TMO's requirements has been "approved phones only." So you and the Cell C customer should 1) try to find out the exact way voWiFi is implemented, and 2) if the system if compatible with BB10, petition your respective carriers to bring voWiFi to the platform.
    10-11-15 10:42 AM
775 ... 1920212223 ...