03-28-16 08:45 PM
775 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    TMO has essentially white listed all BB10 phones across all carriers and including factory unlocked phones for WFC. The feature doesn't require side loading or anything--it's actually tied to the OS version: you load an OS approved for WFC, you have WFC.
    Am I to assume the WFC radio 'button' only shows up when T-mobile enables it on the line?
    10-02-15 02:37 PM
    First off, Thank you Thurask for letting us raid your autoloader repository.
    I did a full destructive upload on SQW100-1 previously running 2639 with 799 radio file. Factoring in the placebo effect I find this release more polished.
    1) Camera AF seems to have picked up some speed and 'auto' settings do pick up night mode on its own now.
    2) I had major battery drain issues in terms of my expectations in comparison to earlier release. But this one is at par and I dont have to bother with 799 any more. The standby shows 3 days in attachment but realistically it means TWO working days for me without charging.
    3) Weak app notification volume is back. (trust Blackberry to break working stuff trying to update something else)
    4) Hub sometime gets stuck which i never experienced before.
    5) In Call volume seems to have picked up and better but WiFi connectivity is still spotty for me.
    6) Standby times in the pic are without any android apps, which I will install but just 2-3 of them.
    Overall, as it comes across as a keeper version.
    OS 10.3.2.2789 for all devices and Autoloaders-new.jpg
    10-02-15 02:48 PM
    I hope this also means the device can be off and have hardly any drain, as in a PlayBook will be dead, even if off, after about two weeks; a TouchPad will take two months.
    well it should be good ! considering I had my wifi connected and I had set 3 alarms and with intervals of 15 mins and all the three alarms went off and I slept through all of them
    10-02-15 02:54 PM
    Anyone on Passport having WiFi issues? I get limited connectivity but when hard reset with volume buttons it works until I roam out of range then when it tries to go back on the problem reappears. On Passport with Rogers Canada. Thinking of using the previous radio release since it is the default for Rogers - 10.3.2.2640.
    10-02-15 02:59 PM
    well it should be good ! considering I had my wifi connected and I had set 3 alarms and with intervals of 15 mins and all the three alarms went off and I slept through all of them
    Just a little off topic - which device do you have Blackbird?

Posted via my  z30/10.3.2.2639 
    10-02-15 02:59 PM
    Anyone on Passport having WiFi issues? I get limited connectivity but when hard reset with volume buttons it works until I roam out of range then when it tries to go back on the problem reappears. On Passport with Rogers Canada. Thinking of using the previous radio release since it is the default for Rogers - 10.3.2.2640.
    WiFi is shot for me ever since 10.3.2, but I made good time with 799 radio reception and standby on 2639 OS.
    10-02-15 03:03 PM
    Am I to assume the WFC radio 'button' only shows up when T-mobile enables it on the line?
    It has been enabled on the back end. The phone owner still needs to line his/her ducks in a row by making sure TMO has an E911 address on file. This is probably the most common reason as to why WFC doesn't work initially.

The toggle "app" would be good to have too, I suppose.
    Rustybronco likes this.
    10-02-15 03:06 PM
    Just a little off topic - which device do you have Blackbird?

Posted via my  z30/10.3.2.2639 
    Silver Edition Passport !
    bBOLD723 likes this.
    10-02-15 03:14 PM
    3) Weak app notification volume is back. (trust Blackberry to break working stuff trying to update something else)
    My APP notifications volumes have gone up, when I was on 10.3.2.2639 they were down and sad
    10-02-15 03:20 PM
    With a Classic, you'll be able to buy it (from anywhere) and get an OTA to get Wi-Fi Calling. For all other BlackBerry's, you'll have to install the new version of the OS yourself via methods listed in the first post of this thread. T-Mobile /may/ carry the Passport in the future, and if that's the case, then you'll get an OTA update. (I'm not sure you can count on T-Mobile getting the Passport though, as the Priv is more likely to be carried by them, being "new and shiney".)
    BTW, continental US is the location...okay so I am getting different info from you and raino....can I get a factory unlocked PP (or Classic) and get WFC through OTA updates/ BB desktop updates (apologies for my ignorance on BB software) and a T-mobile sim? I want WFC on a 10.3 phone and the only branded one out there is a Classic. Used prices are the following: $325 T-mobile Classic; $200-250 Unlocked Classic (they were down to $200 on Amazon Warehouse last wknd); $300-325 unlocked passport.

Outside chance I would get a AT&T/ other GSM branded, unlocked and am also curious about WFC works. I did see the AT&T PP thread on getting WFC on T-Mobile.

Side note: unlocked on T-Mobile would mean free hotspot service as well, correct?
    10-02-15 03:21 PM
    My APP notifications volumes have gone up, when I was on 10.3.2.2639 they were down and sad
    That's why I have now stopped 'asking' people how any release is working out for them. All other things being equal; nothing less than a forensic test can pinpoint why something work great for some people and why same thing doesn't for someone else with similar set-up!!
    ppeters914 likes this.
    10-02-15 03:27 PM
    so could I get WFC on an unlocked PP/ classic or not? do I need a T-Mobile branded phone? Based on the raino post, I thought factory unlocked would work, work meaning OTA/ std updates + T Mobile SIM.

T-Mobile Classic, $325; unlocked, used Classic $200-250; unlocked, used PP $325. My preference, again, is a PP.
    10-02-15 03:28 PM
    trying to download autoloader for z10 2-3 but keeps stopping and coming back corrupt file. anyone else having this problem
    10-02-15 03:52 PM
    BTW, continental US is the location...okay so I am getting different info from you and raino....can I get a factory unlocked PP (or Classic) and get WFC through OTA updates/ BB desktop updates (apologies for my ignorance on BB software) and a T-mobile sim? I want WFC on a 10.3 phone and the only branded one out there is a Classic. Used prices are the following: $325 T-mobile Classic; $200-250 Unlocked Classic (they were down to $200 on Amazon Warehouse last wknd); $300-325 unlocked passport.

Outside chance I would get a AT&T/ other GSM branded, unlocked and am also curious about WFC works. I did see the AT&T PP thread on getting WFC on T-Mobile.

Side note: unlocked on T-Mobile would mean free hotspot service as well, correct?
    It's consistent info. Raino is saying that it should work on all BB10 BlackBerry's and I'm not disagreeing with that. I was clarifying one of the things you wanted: "working out of the box", which is only the case with the Classic, after a T-Mobile pushed OTA update. For the other BlackBerry's, you'll need to take the extra step of installing the OS yourself. T-Mobile won't detect the Z10, Q10, Z30, Q5, Leap or Passport and push OTA updates to them.

If you get an AT&T-branded device, unlock it, updated the OS yourself and /then/ popped in a T-Mobile SIM, you should get both WFC and hotspot.
    raino and OnTheFence001 like this.
    10-02-15 04:01 PM
    It has been enabled on the back end. The phone owner still needs to line his/her ducks in a row by making sure TMO has an E911 address on file. This is probably the most common reason as to why WFC doesn't work initially.

The toggle "app" would be good to have too, I suppose.
    I've installed the WiFi toggle already.
    10-02-15 04:03 PM
    trying to download autoloader for z10 2-3 but keeps stopping and coming back corrupt file. anyone else having this problem
    Some of autoloaders at Thurask's bitcasa page are broken. He is fixing them up, you can hold on for a while and try to download again tomorrow maybe
    10-02-15 04:05 PM
    That's why I have now stopped 'asking' people how any release is working out for them. All other things being equal; nothing less than a forensic test can pinpoint why something work great for some people and why same thing doesn't for someone else with similar set-up!!
    This volume issue needs deep probing !
    10-02-15 04:09 PM
    so could I get WFC on an unlocked PP/ classic or not? do I need a T-Mobile branded phone? Based on the raino post, I thought factory unlocked would work, work meaning OTA/ std updates + T Mobile SIM.

T-Mobile Classic, $325; unlocked, used Classic $200-250; unlocked, used PP $325. My preference, again, is a PP.
    T-Mobile Classic - pop in SIM, get OTA update, use WFC and hotspot
    factory unlocked or other branded Classic after carrier unlock - pop in SIM, get OTA update, use WFC and hotspot

factory unlocked or other branded Passport after carrier unlock - install the OS yourself, pop in SIM, use WFC and hotspot

For the factory unlocked Passport, BlackBerry /may/ push the update at some point, but if you want it now, you'll have to do the leg work.
    raino likes this.
    10-02-15 04:10 PM
    It's consistent info. Raino is saying that it should work on all BB10 BlackBerry's and I'm not disagreeing with that. I was clarifying one of the things you wanted: "working out of the box", which is only the case with the Classic, after a T-Mobile pushed OTA update. For the other BlackBerry's, you'll need to take the extra step of installing the OS yourself. T-Mobile won't detect the Z10, Q10, Z30, Q5, Leap or Passport and push OTA updates to them.

okay and thanks. I realize with a q10 I'd have to do some autoloading to get the latest OS and then I could get it to work- I can do the autoloading i think, but I dont want to mess around with cutting and pasting bar files on my primary device. With a Classic or a PP (factory unlocked), I'd get updates OTA and I could then use WFC (?).

If you get an AT&T-branded device, unlock it, updated the OS yourself and /then/ popped in a T-Mobile SIM, you should get both WFC and hotspot.
    And a factory unlocked PP or Classic would get me hotspot too, correct?

aplogies for a second post somewhere else in this thread. longtime lurker here, not used to posting.
    10-02-15 04:15 PM
    okay and thanks. I realize with a q10 I'd have to do some autoloading to get the latest OS and then I could get it to work- I can do the autoloading i think, but I dont want to mess around with cutting and pasting bar files on my primary device. With a Classic or a PP (factory unlocked), I'd get updates OTA and I could then use WFC (?).

goodness...
    10-02-15 04:16 PM
    This is the first time I've tried 10.3 2. I think I'll let this settle in before I try this new update. Just loaded it last night and so far it's settling in well.

I blitzed it from 10.3.2.XXXX

I still like my...

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    10-02-15 04:16 PM
    T-Mobile Classic - pop in SIM, get OTA update, use WFC and hotspot
    factory unlocked or other branded Classic after carrier unlock - pop in SIM, get OTA update, use WFC and hotspot

factory unlocked or other branded Passport after carrier unlock - install the OS yourself, pop in SIM, use WFC and hotspot

For the factory unlocked Passport, BlackBerry /may/ push the update at some point, but if you want it now, you'll have to do the leg work.
    Awesome and concise. Thanks.
    10-02-15 04:18 PM
    Correct.
    10-02-15 04:18 PM
    Some of autoloaders at Thurask's bitcasa page are broken. He is fixing them up, you can hold on for a while and try to download again tomorrow maybe
    Should be fixed by now.
    10-02-15 04:32 PM
    Mobile hotspot is a plan feature--if you get a plan that allows for it, you will have the ability. Both phones are capable of creating a hotspot, and TMO doesn't really control it (except when your plan doesn't allow it, obviously.)
    10-02-15 04:32 PM
775 ... 1213141516 ...