03-30-16 07:54 AM
1,058 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    New discovery, probably nothing to do with this OS. I'm traveling and plugged my phone into an Apple iPad wall charger with 5V and 2100ma output. I left my PP charger at home.

While plugged in, the PP acts as if someone else is controlling it. I try to type and the screen jumps around, emails get sent before I finish them, other windows pop up, etc. I rebooted, but no help. So I disconnected the charger and all is back to normal again fortunately I found an old Z10 750 ma charger which is a little slow but not messing things up.

Is there something about an Apple charger that is different or that sends spurious signals to other phones?

Posted via CB10
    Yup, same over here with passport.
    Didn't try with z10 for now.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 05:19 PM
    Yup, same over here with passport.
    Didn't try with z10 for now.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Wonder what the mechanism is?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 05:30 PM
    Thanks. Wonder what the mechanism is?

Posted via CB10
    Have to say i also have it with the z10 charger and the original passport charger...
    Would it be softwarewise or hardware?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:04 PM
    Have to say i also have it with the z10 charger and the original passport charger...
    Would it be softwarewise or hardware?

Posted via CB10
    Must be software if it's across the board w devices and chargers. But I don't have it w the SE PP and my old Z10 charger. Very strange.

Also, I don't know how long this has been happening, because I almost never use my PP while it's charging unless I'm just passively streaming something. It's only because I'm traveling and sitting in an airport for 5 hours today--weather delays.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:17 PM
    Very laggy, apps are freezing up, browser freezing too...never had any problems before. Grrrrr
    09-10-15 06:33 PM
    I've got a little issue here. I've done a clean installation and, since today, no problems. Today my mobile started to not show me notifications, either on locked screen and unlocked. Sometimes happens that neither the asterisk appears to notify something and I don't know how to solve it.

BlackBerry Z30 | STA 100-2 10.3.2.2639
    09-10-15 07:20 PM
    Is there any z10 stl100-1?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 07:20 PM
    Can anyone who updated their Q10 with this please tell me how you like it? Also, can I just use the Q10 autoloader or do I also have to load the Q10 radio as well? thanks
    09-10-15 07:31 PM
    Is there any z10 stl100-1?

Posted via CB10
    Did you read the first post on the first page? The STL100-1 debrick, core, and radio are there, not to mention there's probably a autoloader for you in Thurask's archive at the very top.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 07:34 PM
    New discovery, probably nothing to do with this OS. I'm traveling and plugged my phone into an Apple iPad wall charger with 5V and 2100ma output. I left my PP charger at home.

While plugged in, the PP acts as if someone else is controlling it. I try to type and the screen jumps around, emails get sent before I finish them, other windows pop up, etc. I rebooted, but no help. So I disconnected the charger and all is back to normal again fortunately I found an old Z10 750 ma charger which is a little slow but not messing things up.

Is there something about an Apple charger that is different or that sends spurious signals to other phones?

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like the higher voltage of the iPad charger is shorting the touchscreen. I've had that happen to me. I wouldn't recommend using that charger as much.
    KenV54 likes this.
    09-10-15 07:34 PM
    Can anyone who updated their Q10 with this please tell me how you like it? Also, can I just use the Q10 autoloader or do I also have to load the Q10 radio as well? thanks
    I updated my Q10 with it and like it.

The radio is included in the autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    09-10-15 07:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apple uses a proprietary charging scheme. I don't know if they collect royalties, but I know their charging scheme is not compatible with industry standard USB. The Apple charger should fall back to 0.5 amps.

You can search the Web to get the full details, but basically industry standard USB uses a resistor between the data lines to indicate the capability of the charge. Apple places specific voltages on the data lines to indicate charger capability.

Posted via CB10
    KenV54 likes this.
    09-10-15 07:36 PM
    I updated my Q10 with it and like it.

The radio is included in the autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    Great news, off to download it. thanks for your reply. EDIT: did you ever have the double typing issue? Did that get corrected in this?
    09-10-15 07:51 PM
    That makes sense. I noticed the 1.0 amp Apple cube charger will only charge the Z30 once. Doesn't maintain the charge. Meanwhile the HP tablet charger has no problem maintaining the charge.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 07:53 PM
    Apple uses a proprietary charging scheme. I don't know if they collect royalties, but I know their charging scheme is not compatible with industry standard USB. The Apple charger should fall back to 0.5 amps.

You can search the Web to get the full details, but basically industry standard USB uses a resistor between the data lines to indicate the capability of the charge. Apple places specific voltages on the data lines to indicate charger capability.

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand very well what you've said, but I'm not going to use the Apple charger on my PP any longer.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 09:02 PM

Great news, off to download it. thanks for your reply. EDIT: did you ever have the double typing issue? Did that get corrected in this?
    A lot of people have said that this has cured it. Let us know your out come.
    09-10-15 09:05 PM
    Thanks thurask! I loaded your new .799 file on my Z30 without issue.
    Does Thurask have the 2369 update for a Q10, SQN100-3? If so, where are the files hosted?

That is the device I have, I am new to BB, Q10 from Dec 2013 has been my first device and I am desperate to upgrade to this version due to my keyboard being highly irritating. Still very glad I bought a BB, the reliability and secure nature of it is fantastic.

The first link of the post is not working, downloaded it twice, babysat the download the second - both times it returns an error upon opening that the file is corrupted.
    Last edited by Daylight delight; 09-10-15 at 09:53 PM.
    09-10-15 09:32 PM
    Does Thurask have the 2369 update for a Q10, SQN100-3? If so, where are the files hosted?

That is the device I have, I am new to BB, Q10 from Dec 2013 has been my first device and I am desperate to upgrade to this version due to my keyboard being highly irritating. Still very glad I bought a BB, the reliability and secure nature of it is fantastic.
    look in the stickies in the beta leaked section.
    Daylight delight likes this.
    09-10-15 09:34 PM
    A lot of people have said that this has cured it. Let us know your out come.
    I have been typing away on it and not one double type error. Yay!!
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    09-10-15 09:48 PM
    I have been typing away on it and not one double type error. Yay!!
    Good to hear. Yahooooooo

Passport SE version SQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-10-15 09:54 PM
    I don't understand very well what you've said, but I'm not going to use the Apple charger on my PP any longer.

Posted via CB10
    The basic USB standard is 0.5 amps per port. Most devices will have some current limiting in them for safety. (Of course you can do an internet search on melted usb port and see photos of epic fails.)

Over the years, the battery capacity became larger. That left two choices:
    1) charge longer at the stock 0.5 amp
    2) increase the charging current

But maybe you actually want to charge your phone from a computer USB port. The phone needs to know how much current it can draw from the USB port. You don't want to trip the safety device on the USB port, well provided the device actually has one.

Thus a scheme was created so that a device can determine the capabilities of the charger. Since the charger is a dumb device, it doesn't really need data lines. All it needs is power and ground. So the USB standards committee devised a plan where the charger manufacturer would place a resistor across the data lines, and the smart device (phone/tablet) would sense the resistor value and then only pull a suitable amount of current.

Then there is Apple. These people don't believe in standards. Hey, we are Apple! Apple devised their own system to indicate charger current capabilities.

An Apple charger SHOULD default to 0.5 amps if connected to a non Apple device. If your battery is 1.5 amp hours, you need three hours to charge it at half an amp. (Really a little longer than three hours if you get technical.)

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-10-15 10:19 PM
    look in the stickies in the beta leaked section.

What is the URL for this? This is such a huge website, I'm lost.

Is it in 'Sticky: BB10 OS archive'?

Just need a direct URL for SQN100-3 Q10 version of the 10.3.2.2369 upgrade please.
    09-10-15 10:39 PM
    What is the URL for this? This is such a huge website, I'm lost.

Is it in 'Sticky: BB10 OS archive'?

Just need a direct URL for SQN100-3 Q10 version of the 10.3.2.2369 upgrade please.
    https://mega.nz/#!RxJhHK7C!66yrL-5T9...hmyXkPTGdV80KM
    09-10-15 10:54 PM
    The basic USB standard is 0.5 amps per port. Most devices will have some current limiting in them for safety. (Of course you can do an internet search on melted usb port and see photos of epic fails.)

Over the years, the battery capacity became larger. That left two choices:
    1) charge longer at the stock 0.5 amp
    2) increase the charging current

But maybe you actually want to charge your phone from a computer USB port. The phone needs to know how much current it can draw from the USB port. You don't want to trip the safety device on the USB port, well provided the device actually has one.

Thus a scheme was created so that a device can determine the capabilities of the charger. Since the charger is a dumb device, it doesn't really need data lines. All it needs is power and ground. So the USB standards committee devised a plan where the charger manufacturer would place a resistor across the data lines, and the smart device (phone/tablet) would sense the resistor value and then only pull a suitable amount of current.

Then there is Apple. These people don't believe in standards. Hey, we are Apple! Apple devised their own system to indicate charger current capabilities.

An Apple charger SHOULD default to 0.5 amps if connected to a non Apple device. If your battery is 1.5 amp hours, you need three hours to charge it at half an amp. (Really a little longer than three hours if you get technical.)

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I could follow that. I'm still concerned about what the Apple charger might be doing to the phone, especially the screen, with the symptoms being the crazy behavior of the screen when typing while connected to the Apple charger. I wonder if it might permanently damage the phone in some way?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 11:45 PM
    I having minor problems of installing android apps and always having no enough space for installation. My solution do device reset and app is enable to install .weird bugs. !!!

Z10/STL100-2 ***OS 2639***
    09-11-15 12:02 AM
1,058 ... 3435363738 ...