03-30-16 06:54 AM
1,058 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    09-04-15 07:36 AM
    This is BB not Samsung or Apple,BB screwed it self up releasing different models of the same phone(STL1-5,SQN1-5 and so on) using not only different bands and regions but hardware too,here come inconsistency in every thing,OS behavior,WI FI,Radio and so on.There is no specific release for specific model,840 been released for classic and what about 2252 that been released in Canada for the same Classic,Q10.2339 just had bug fix for Passport and nothing new.When we talk about the Classic or Passport we are talking about the name only but not about the model,if some one says"799 Radio the best for Classic?????"should add FOR ME,bcs his neighbor straggle using the same Classic and 799 Radio.Install it and try for your self,only this way will work,here we show the way but you take the walk.Hm,heared it some where.Thanks for reading.

Q10-5 10.3.2.2639/2640 and still love it
    I also do not believe that one radio can work better with one type of device.
    BUT i DO believe that one radio can give different exp on a different provider.
    All tripple numbered radio's seem to be really good here on my provider.
    Al radios with 4 digits don't fit that well and heat up my device...

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 07:36 AM
    Absolutely agree.
    09-04-15 07:48 AM
    Thank you very much Usman Downloading the autoloader for z10 (STL 100-4)...its taking 4 hours so far (!) [slow net speed, 3rd world problems :P] I wanted to know should I download the 'Radio Z10STL234' link also? if so, how would I use it. Thanks in advance for the reply, Peace
    09-04-15 10:13 AM
    Thank you very much Usman Downloading the autoloader for z10 (STL 100-4)...its taking 4 hours so far (!) [slow net speed, 3rd world problems :P] I wanted to know should I download the 'Radio Z10STL234' link also? if so, how would I use it. Thanks in advance for the reply, Peace
    Just use the autoloader
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-04-15 10:18 AM
    This is BB not Samsung or Apple,BB screwed it self up releasing different models of the same phone(STL1-5,SQN1-5 and so on) using not only different bands and regions but hardware too,here come inconsistency in every thing,OS behavior,WI FI,Radio and so on.There is no specific release for specific model,840 been released for classic and what about 2252 that been released in Canada for the same Classic,Q10.2339 just had bug fix for Passport and nothing new.When we talk about the Classic or Passport we are talking about the name only but not about the model,if some one says"799 Radio the best for Classic?????"should add FOR ME,bcs his neighbor straggle using the same Classic and 799 Radio.Install it and try for your self,only this way will work,here we show the way but you take the walk.Hm,heared it some where.Thanks for reading.

Q10-5 10.3.2.2639/2640 and still love it
    You say there is no specific OS per phone then you list the different OS per phone??? Can't read the rest of it.

I've been on every official OS that came out, got pushed 840 by Verizon, autoloaded 2339, then 2252, then 2639 and now 2639 with the 799 radio. I have tested each OS and it is the same for everyone else who was as well, the 840 and 2252 (made for Classic) work best on the Classic. 2339 and the radio that come with 2639 over heat the Classic and drain it's battery twice as fast if not more than the others. This isn't me saying oh it works cause I said so, I've tested it, others have tested it with the same results.

Sorry but just because you ppl don't think it'll work doesn't mean it doesn't.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 10:22 AM
    If you are going to use the autoloader, you don't need any other file. When it is finished downloading, just unzip the file, plug your z10 into your computer with the usb cable and then click the autoloader .exe file. Sit back and wait. Do not unplug the z10 until you see the desktop of the device. The process will take quite a while so be patient.
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-04-15 10:22 AM
    So I had my first issue this morning. My alarm didn't go off. I woke up, checked my phone and it was 30 min later than I usually wake. I tried launching the clock app, but just got a blank screen.

It didn't freeze the phone, so went back to the homescreen, killed it and launched it again. Same behavior. Tried restarting the phone and it turned off instead.

Had to hold the power button for more than 5 seconds for it to turn back on. Odd behavior.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 03:14 PM
    So I had my first issue this morning. My alarm didn't go off. I woke up, checked my phone and it was 30 min later than I usually wake. I tried launching the clock app, but just got a blank screen.

It didn't freeze the phone, so went back to the homescreen, killed it and launched it again. Same behavior. Tried restarting the phone and it turned off instead.

Had to hold the power button for more than 5 seconds for it to turn back on. Odd behavior.

Posted via CB10
    What device do you have and how long are you already on the os?
    I also had strange behavior in the first 2days.
    Like dissapearing shortcuts on my homescreen etc.
    All was fine after a reset and it didn't happen again

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 03:23 PM
    It sure does!

Posted via CB10
    It seems like RubenDM is right. I loaded the 799 radio on both my phones ( Z10 STL 100-2 and PP) and the system useage in the device monitor dropped immediately below the 2 % on my PP. Before I get never below the 5 %. Gonna take a look tomorrow how the Z10 behaves with this radio
    PS: i'm on the same network like Ruben.

OS 10.3.2.2639 for all devices-img_20150904_221738.png

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 03:24 PM
    Ruben and Chris right, I was try all of radio on 10.3.2.xxxx
    799 is best!!!!
    OS 10.3.2.2639 for all devices-img_20150904_232825.png

Send via CB10 | Passport SQW100-1 | 10.3.2.2639 | Carrier Turkcell
    09-04-15 03:32 PM
    I think you don"t understand what I am saying,10.3.2 almost the same for all devices plus minus couple apps and bug fixes but using right radio for specific region,model or provider make difference.My Q10 hated any OS below 2000,but worked with 2204/2205,2339/859 and 2252/2253,now 2639/2640.BTW,you said 2252 been released for Classic,wrong,my Q10 got it officially from Wind mobile,2639 been released to fix double typing on phones with physical keyboard,Q10 and Classic the same hardware,so,conclusion,chose what works best for you but i agree with RubenDM,I learned from Conite,there is no specific Version or OS that should work 100% for you,just try it.
    09-04-15 04:03 PM
    What device do you have and how long are you already on the os?
    I also had strange behavior in the first 2days.
    Like dissapearing shortcuts on my homescreen etc.
    All was fine after a reset and it didn't happen again

Posted via CB10
    I have the AT&T Classic. I updated on Wednesday, so I'm only 2 days in using this. Worked fine the first night.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 04:20 PM
    I have the AT&T Classic. I updated on Wednesday, so I'm only 2 days in using this. Worked fine the first night.

Posted via CB10
    Why oooh why
    I had the exact same exp. First day, no issues... 2nd day some glitches.

All is fine now over here.
    I had some cpu problems

OS 10.3.2.2639 for all devices-img_20150829_075911.png

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 04:24 PM
    Having call problems on 2639.
    Sometimes when I make a call bars drop to 0 and it won't make the call + sometimes I lose voice for about 10 seconds call doesn't drop just voice then it will come back & everything is ok.
    Decided to install a different radio (799)
    Figured it would be an easy install with sachesi . Unchecked install new files. radio installed & soft bricked the phone.
    Had the right bar file for a factory unlocked classic (mtr5)
    Recovered with an autoloader but still having same call problems.
    Since I must have done something wrong I started looking for radio only install instructions and can't find any anywhere.
    I did find that depending how you install OS there are different ways to install radio?
    If someone could point me to where instructions might be if there are any I'd appreciate it.
    09-04-15 05:24 PM
    Having call problems on 2639.
    Sometimes when I make a call bars drop to 0 and it won't make the call + sometimes I lose voice for about 10 seconds call doesn't drop just voice then it will come back & everything is ok.
    Decided to install a different radio (799)
    Figured it would be an easy install with sachesi . Unchecked install new files. radio installed & soft bricked the phone.
    Had the right bar file for a factory unlocked classic (mtr5)
    Recovered with an autoloader but still having same call problems.
    Since I must have done something wrong I started looking for radio only install instructions and can't find any anywhere.
    I did find that depending how you install OS there are different ways to install radio?
    If someone could point me to where instructions might be if there are any I'd appreciate it.
    tigem,

You didn't state how you installed 2639 originally - the general rule of thumb for radio swapping is:

if you installed the OS with an autoloader, then you must install the new radio with a radio only autoloader or soft bricking will occur.

If you installed the OS non destructively using Sachesi or DBBT, then you install the radio file using Sachesi or DBBT.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    kgbbz10 likes this.
    09-04-15 09:45 PM
    tigem,

You didn't state how you installed 2639 originally - the general rule of thumb for radio swapping is:

if you installed the OS with an autoloader, then you must install the new radio with a radio only autoloader or soft bricking will occur.

If you installed the OS non destructively using Sachesi or DBBT, then you install the radio file using Sachesi or DBBT.

I installed the OS with the autoloader and then installed the radio with Sachesi and it installed and rebooted and all is well, no brick here.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-04-15 09:47 PM
    I installed the OS with the autoloader and then installed the radio with Sachesi and it installed and rebooted and all is well, no brick here.

You got lucky - many others have tried it and had problems (not on this OS specifically - in general in the past)

09-04-15 10:05 PM
    You got lucky - many others have tried it and had problems (not on this OS specifically - in general in the past)

Hmm. Pretty sure I just followed instructions. Plug in the phone, make sure Link and Blend are closed, load Sachesi, drag radio into Sachesi, watch it update, let it reboot, happy phone.

09-04-15 10:11 PM
    First try was over a sachesi non destructive install when it bricked. so it should have worked. Figures
    So since I brought it back to life with an autoloader I guess I'll look up thurasic's (spelling?) list.
    Can't understand why there are no guides/instructions around?
    I didn't think it should be to complicated but I didn't know since I never tried this before & I got the bad results.

Thanks for the info
    09-04-15 10:23 PM
    First try was over a sachesi non destructive install when it bricked. so it should have worked. Figures
    So since I brought it back to life with an autoloader I guess I'll look up thurasic's (spelling?) list.
    Can't understand why there are no guides/instructions around?
    I didn't think it should be to complicated but I didn't know since I never tried this before & I got the bad results.

Thanks for the info
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=943672

This is the link to thurask's archive - just find the correct radio only autoloader, unzip it using 7zip (if is zipped) - connect device to PC - click on the autoloader. And since it is radio only, it will be nondestructive

kbz1960 and bBOLD723 like this.
    09-04-15 11:28 PM
    Usman bhai, I downloaded the auto loader, extracted it, it just flashes a DOS screen then nothing happens. Really upset and confused since I spent so long to download it. I will try to download it again.
    I did a security wipe after failing to install the new OS. After the security wipe, I noticed that (before) the drop down menu would show Device manager (and battery % with it) in the drop down settings menu, but now it doesn't....any reason?
    Ok I will try to re download the leak file. Sorry for all the questions, its been 2 days since I got my new z 10. (STL 100-4). Thanks in advance for all the help & replies.
    Peace
    09-05-15 01:51 AM
    Does anyone have problems with instant previews and BBMs in this build?

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    09-05-15 02:26 AM
    Usman bhai, I downloaded the auto loader, extracted it, it just flashes a DOS screen then nothing happens. Really upset and confused since I spent so long to download it. I will try to download it again.
    I did a security wipe after failing to install the new OS. After the security wipe, I noticed that (before) the drop down menu would show Device manager (and battery % with it) in the drop down settings menu, but now it doesn't....any reason?
    Ok I will try to re download the leak file. Sorry for all the questions, its been 2 days since I got my new z 10. (STL 100-4). Thanks in advance for all the help & replies.
    Peace
    Did you have BlackBerry link installed?
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-05-15 03:12 AM
    For some reason the 799 radio has never worked for my STL-1 z10. The autoloader install shows an error and exits.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 06:57 AM
1,058 ... 2829303132 ...