10-29-14 03:55 PM
852 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    That is very odd in my opinion. Have you hard reset? Tried reloading the OS?

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.1.632
    Yes did a hard reset and loaded the OS twice. But I was told it takes a while to settle. The phone itself gets warmer after 2/3 hours of use .
    Today is my third day. I'll do another hard reset tonight and see how it goes tomorrow. If it's the same I'll go back to 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 09:23 PM
    Hi I am using z10 stl1 and installed 10.3.1.634 with 632 bars, no issue and it's cool in battery backup.....
    OS 10.3.1.396 findings, fixes, feedback-img_20141010_085522.png

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 02:04 AM
    Hi I am using z10 stl1 and installed 10.3.1.634 with 632 bars, no issue and it's cool in battery backup.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141010_085522.png 
Views:	767 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	304709

Posted via CB10
    I have never such a low system percentage over 12 hours!
    redsaph likes this.
    10-10-14 07:26 AM
    download from snap facebook android

z10 STL100-1 10.3.0.1154
    10-10-14 08:10 AM
    I have never such a low system percentage over 12 hours!
    These are very similar to the numbers I am seeing on my Z30.

10-10-14 10:34 AM
    These are very similar to the numbers I am seeing on my Z30.

It's because system and android player have been separated. Plus he isn't even using his phone..

10-Q verry much.
    10-10-14 10:39 AM
    Found this. If you hold down on the pop up action, it shows the name of the function
    OS 10.3.1.396 findings, fixes, feedback-img_20141010_155107.png

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:53 PM
    Any signs of OpenVPN?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:08 PM
    Hi, any fix to see thumbnails of pics & videos stored on the card... I tried scanning media card thru Media pictures app, but it seems to get stuck after almost scanning 65-70 %. Already booted 4 times but it get stuck...

Can't see thumbnails on media card in File Manager nor while forwarding pics or videos stored on SD Card.

I also copied all to PC, formatted card on device & then copied all back.. still same..

Pls help.

Thanks & Regards, Sent by Sanjiv from my BlackBerry Q10 using Vodafone, Gujarat, India. Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.632.
    10-10-14 08:05 PM
    It takes about 48 hours for the os to settle. During that time, battery drain can be bad. It should even out. On day three, do a hard reset (hold both volume buttons until it resets).
    Didn't work; so I removed one account after the other -> It was my Exchange-Server based on MDaemon-Email-Server who caused the issue.
    10-11-14 09:54 AM
    Not sure if it been posted had a quick read didn't see anything sorry if it has

Nice little find

Drag you finger down from the top left near the battery icon it will show cpu info bottom left Swip again it will show more cheers
    10-11-14 10:07 AM
    I have one very specific issue with Bedside mode.

It used to be with 10.3.0 and before that putting the phone on Bedside mode allowed phone calls (if you wanted it to) but blocked the alerts for everything else.

Now, Bedside mode is configurable for every account and app, but it isn't working for me. I set the main sound to be on in Bedside mode, then go into email accounts and turn the sound off for all of them, but I still get the sound alert while in Bedside mode for the one (and only) email account that has a sound alert set in Normal mode.

If I turn off the main sound in Bedside mode, there are no sound alerts, but I also don't get a phone ring or vibration if a call comes in, even though the Phone alert setting is set to override the main sound setting, with both sound and vibration On.

I hope I've explained it clearly--essentially, no way to have the phone sound alert on but other alerts off in Bedside mode. Yes, I restored the 10.3.0 Settings with this leak, but I've since deleted and then added the email account in question, hit the Default button in Bedside mode, rebooted multiple times, etc., etc.

I don't know if this is a bug with this OS leak or just a result of having restored the old settings, or both. Can anyone think of a workaround other than re-autoloading the leak and not restoring?
    10-11-14 11:10 AM
    Not sure if it been posted had a quick read didn't see anything sorry if it has

Nice little find

Drag you finger down from the top left near the battery icon it will show cpu info bottom left Swip again it will show more cheers
    This is usually removed as the OS gets closer to production. I expect when the watermarks go, so will this...

10-11-14 11:16 AM
    I have one very specific issue with Bedside mode.

It used to be with 10.3.0 and before that putting the phone on Bedside mode allowed phone calls (if you wanted it to) but blocked the alerts for everything else.

Now, Bedside mode is configurable for every account and app, but it isn't working for me. I set the main sound to be on in Bedside mode, then go into email accounts and turn the sound off for all of them, but I still get the sound alert while in Bedside mode for the one (and only) email account that has a sound alert set in Normal mode.

If I turn off the main sound in Bedside mode, there are no sound alerts, but I also don't get a phone ring or vibration if a call comes in, even though the Phone alert setting is set to override the main sound setting, with both sound and vibration On.

I hope I've explained it clearly--essentially, no way to have the phone sound alert on but other alerts off in Bedside mode. Yes, I restored the 10.3.0 Settings with this leak, but I've since deleted and then added the email account in question, hit the Default button in Bedside mode, rebooted multiple times, etc., etc.

I don't know if this is a bug with this OS leak or just a result of having restored the old settings, or both. Can anyone think of a workaround other than re-autoloading the leak and not restoring?
    I will have to play with this. I noticed this as well on night 1. I really want phone only and with default settings after upgrading , it wouldn't ring at all in bedside mode.

10-11-14 11:17 AM
    I will have to play with this. I noticed this as well on night 1. I really want phone only and with default settings after upgrading , it wouldn't ring at all in bedside mode.

It must be a bug. I've played around with all the settings multiple times and can't make it work the way it should. Did you restore the Settings part of the settings when you did this autoload?
    10-11-14 11:31 AM
    It must be a bug. I've played around with all the settings multiple times and can't make it work the way it should. Did you restore the Settings part of the settings when you did this autoload?
    I don't think it's a bug. The new notification screen and bedside/meeting mode conflict
    Nrfpt
    10-11-14 12:15 PM
    Could just be me. But one thing I hated about this os was that the music shuffle wasn't a shuffle...

It bombards you with your "most played" music.. further compounding the issue. Basically I end up hearing the same songs/songs from the same album/artist every time I start the shuffle! (and every other song for the first 1000 songs) Smh. I want to *shuffle* my music.. yknow... like.. random.
    10-11-14 12:19 PM
    I don't think it's a bug. The new notification screen and bedside/meeting mode conflict
    Nrfpt
    Not sure I follow. How do they conflict, and if they do conflict, how is that not a bug? Is there a work around?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 12:28 PM
    Those of you having high battery drain and your device monitor indicates 'PIM' as taking the majority of your battery...

You've most likely got an account that's having trouble syncing up, or you restored your settings and had to go back and enter your passwords for all the accounts you had setup.

I've had this happen every now and then where one of my Activesync accounts does this, and sometimes I've got other oddities that go with it. For instance my Passport did this when I restored a 10.2.1 backup to it and then I went and entered all my account paswords, when it happened I noticed that I was missing some messages from that account in the 'All' view of the hub along with other messages in folders on that account.

Remove the account, watch device monitor until the CPU usage from PIM settles down, then do 2 reboots. For the 2nd reboot, do so by holding Vol+ & - for 15 seconds (this clears cache and some temporary folders). After all that, re-add your account and don't reboot till the account is settled in and device manager shows CPU usage from PIM below 5-10% consistently. Once that's all done you should be free of the battery drain and the Activesync account should be working as expected.

Not going to say this will always fix it, but I've had it happen before and this is what fixes it for me.
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    10-11-14 12:34 PM
    Not sure I follow. How do they conflict, and if they do conflict, how is that not a bug? Is there a work around?

Posted via CB10
    The calendar/meeting and clock/bedside mode options don't make sense.

There is dedicated profiles for the modes, but enabling the modes does not enable the profiles properly.

The fact that "vib only, phone only etc" are options in bedside mode makes no sense. (unless bedside, meeting and any custom profiles are also listed).Those let you choose the profile to switch to. So you choose vibrate only and it still enables the meeting profile using who knows what settings.

There is no option within clock/bedside calendar/meeting mode to choose their respective profiles.
    10-11-14 12:37 PM
    Me too. Can't get phone to ring through in bedside mode.

Now I just use the "phone only" profile at night. Don't see my clock, but a ringing phone is more important to me.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.632
    10-11-14 12:41 PM
    Me too. Can't get phone to ring through in bedside mode.

Now I just use the "phone only" profile at night. Don't see my clock, but a ringing phone is more important to me.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.632
    Right. That's what I do, too, as a temporary workaround.

It's very strange that 10.3.1 would introduce all thus confusion when it was working fine in 10.3.0. I wonder if there was more than one OS developer for this and they didn't talk to one another.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 12:51 PM
    Right. That's what I do, too, as a temporary workaround.

It's very strange that 10.3.1 would introduce all thus confusion when it was working fine in 10.3.0. I wonder if there was more than one OS developer for this and they didn't talk to one another.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty confident it will be addressed. An OS in the 600s is still fairly early on. I know they're up over 850 now, so we're getting close!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.632
    10-11-14 12:57 PM
    Those of you having high battery drain and your device monitor indicates 'PIM' as taking the majority of your battery...

You've most likely got an account that's having trouble syncing up, or you restored your settings and had to go back and enter your passwords for all the accounts you had setup.

I've had this happen every now and then where one of my Activesync accounts does this, and sometimes I've got other oddities that go with it. For instance my Passport did this when I restored a 10.2.1 backup to it and then I went and entered all my account paswords, when it happened I noticed that I was missing some messages from that account in the 'All' view of the hub along with other messages in folders on that account.

Remove the account, watch device monitor until the CPU usage from PIM settles down, then do 2 reboots. For the 2nd reboot, do so by holding Vol+ & - for 15 seconds (this clears cache and some temporary folders). After all that, re-add your account and don't reboot till the account is settled in and device manager shows CPU usage from PIM below 5-10% consistently. Once that's all done you should be free of the battery drain and the Activesync account should be working as expected.

Not going to say this will always fix it, but I've had it happen before and this is what fixes it for me.
    With the settings I have below, would you recommend any changes.
    Gmail and outlook

OS 10.3.1.396 findings, fixes, feedback-img_20141011_132028.png

OS 10.3.1.396 findings, fixes, feedback-img_20141011_132017.png

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 01:22 PM
    With the settings I have below, would you recommend any changes.
    Gmail and outlook

Name:	IMG_20141011_132028.png 
Views:	474 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	305157

Name:	IMG_20141011_132017.png 
Views:	477 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	305158

Posted via CB10
    Sync interval: if you send emails from your computer this will bring emails send from other devices to your device. You don't need to use this of you don't send emails from other devices. I have mine set to manual or 24hrs.

Sync time frame: I set to 30 days or less, usually 7 days. Os10.3 allows you to search the server - I don't need all the emails stored on my phone and syncing at all Times. I can search for emails I i need to find old ones

Push: I keep it enabled for accounts that I use frequently, in addition to manual or 24hour sync.
    For my accounts with push disabled, they are set to 4 hour sync.
    10-11-14 01:28 PM
852 ... 3031323334 ...