04-01-16 01:30 PM
345 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Seems that's what most do when they have issue with their BB that are technical to fix. Great plan by BB and users here! That'll make sales go up.
    Not really kbz.....I am fairly new to this OS too, but I have learnt a lot by just reading the posts in this forum and following threads generally from the first post to the last.

That does not make me an expert, but I would certainly think twice about posting questions like these and I quite understand the frustrations of the senior members here.

There ARE no shortcuts, and this attitude of wanting the best of everything, but not making the effort to learn/understand/read/question, expecting to be spoonfed, is something I have come across a lot and makes me really wonder.

I do understand that motivations are different for everyone. If one is not bothered to put in an effort, why bother with the latest release/autoloader/blitz? Why not just stick to the update from the carrier, if any, and be done with it?

You want something additional, you make an effort for it, rather than expecting to be spoonfed or demanding it. Or am I missing something here?
    wobly likes this.
    04-16-15 03:43 PM
    Not really kbz.....I am fairly new to this OS too, but I have learnt a lot by just reading the posts in this forum and following threads generally from the first post to the last.

That does not make me an expert, but I would certainly think twice about posting questions like these and I quite understand the frustrations of the senior members here.

There ARE no shortcuts, and this attitude of wanting the best of everything, but not making the effort to learn/understand/read/question, expecting to be spoonfed, is something I have come across a lot and makes me really wonder.

I do understand that motivations are different for everyone. If one is not bothered to put in an effort, why bother with the latest release/autoloader/blitz? Why not just stick to the update from the carrier, if any, and be done with it?

You want something additional, you make an effort for it, rather than expecting to be spoonfed or demanding it. Or am I missing something here?
    You might be right. I was pointing more to some people's attitude on here whenever someone has an issue or complaint.
    04-16-15 04:18 PM
    What does 2726 have/fix on 2708? Thanks from a BB Newbie.
    04-16-15 04:34 PM
    You might be right. I was pointing more to some people's attitude on here whenever someone has an issue or complaint.
    Spot on...cant argue with that. Everyone starts off somewhere and it would be nice if folks share their knowledge without the attitude.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-16-15 05:27 PM
    I can't tell you what the improvements are specifically, but I think they are minimal. I updated from 2072 and really can't figure out what the differences are. Give it a try if you really really want to check it out, but if you are comfortable and good with your current version, I personally don't think there is any need to update.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 10:45 PM
    I can't tell you what the improvements are specifically, but I think they are minimal. I updated from 2072 and really can't figure out what the differences are. Give it a try if you really really want to check it out, but if you are comfortable and good with your current version, I personally don't think there is any need to update.

Posted via CB10
    For me its a major difference in radio, particularly cellular reception this time.

Official .2576 was fairly good on both cellular and wifi.
    .2582 never officially update in India at least for Vodafone. Have downloaded thurask's autoloader but didn't got time to upgrade. Meanwhile, .2708 leak released so went for it straight away.
    On .2708, the cellular reception was horrific for me. It used to jump constantly between H+, 3G, G, gsm. Many issues like drop calls, people not hearing my voice on other end, call connected but no sound etc. Was thinking about loading .2582 but decided to go for the latest so installed .2726 and found better cellular reception compare to .2708

Wifi reception is still a puzzle for me. All 10.3.1 versions have had their own high and low but nowhere near to 10.2.
    04-17-15 03:24 AM
    Is this a beta or is this a stable version? I read the comments but i couldn't tell if it's a beta or not. Thanks for your help.
    04-17-15 04:32 AM
    Is this a beta or is this a stable version? I read the comments but i couldn't tell if it's a beta or not. Thanks for your help.
    This is not beta. And yes it is a stable OS but subject to user preference.

z30sta100-2/10.3.2.281
    04-17-15 05:55 AM
    For me its a major difference in radio, particularly cellular reception this time.

Official .2576 was fairly good on both cellular and wifi.
    .2582 never officially update in India at least for Vodafone. Have downloaded thurask's autoloader but didn't got time to upgrade. Meanwhile, .2708 leak released so went for it straight away.
    On .2708, the cellular reception was horrific for me. It used to jump constantly between H+, 3G, G, gsm. Many issues like drop calls, people not hearing my voice on other end, call connected but no sound etc. Was thinking about loading .2582 but decided to go for the latest so installed .2726 and found better cellular reception compare to .2708

Wifi reception is still a puzzle for me. All 10.3.1 versions have had their own high and low but nowhere near to 10.2.
    You know ever since I updated to 10.3.1 I have had radio problems - signal is very low in my house, and calls drop from time to time. I didn't experience this on 10.2.1 nor 10.3.0. I have now tried 3 different versions of 10.3.1 and all have been horrible when I am indoors.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 08:12 AM
    Spot on...cant argue with that. Everyone starts off somewhere and it would be nice if folks share their knowledge without the attitude.
    I guess I'm hoping you guys aren't thinking I had an attitude, I was just saying that there seems to be a difference between someone who is tech savvy but wants to learn something, and someone who (in this case) seemed so far behind the curve that maybe he should just get something easier to use. Not intended to be a slam, I went through the same thing with my wife; wonderful person and not at all slow, but just couldn't get the hang of BB10, however the iphone just works for her (yeah I know, hate to use that phrase but in this case its true). It just seemed to me that even if we walked through the process with this guy it was just going to lead to a bricked device or other problem. I agree with you kbz - BB10 isn't for everyone, and that should be ok instead of calling people names who don't "get it" . . but it did seem like the guy was pretty lost even after careful and patient explanation . . . . . anyway . . . .
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-17-15 10:07 AM
    I guess I'm hoping you guys aren't thinking I had an attitude, I was just saying that there seems to be a difference between someone who is tech savvy but wants to learn something, and someone who (in this case) seemed so far behind the curve that maybe he should just get something easier to use. Not intended to be a slam, I went through the same thing with my wife; wonderful person and not at all slow, but just couldn't get the hang of BB10, however the iphone just works for her (yeah I know, hate to use that phrase but in this case its true). It just seemed to me that even if we walked through the process with this guy it was just going to lead to a bricked device or other problem. I agree with you kbz - BB10 isn't for everyone, and that should be ok instead of calling people names who don't "get it" . . but it did seem like the guy was pretty lost even after careful and patient explanation . . . . . anyway . . . .

Hey Revtech, that was a pretty general statement. Not directed towards you or anyone else in this forum. My apologies if it come across like that.

All parts exist I guess. Users who dont make the effort, expect to be spoonfed and then when they brick their phones, bad mouth the forum and the members. It can get really, really frustrating. I have been a forum mod ( in the days when time was aplenty) and I know how it goes. On the other hand, the dark side of knowledge sharing exists too.

That said, people on this forum are amongst the most helpful that I have come across, so I generally love reading the posts all the way to the end.

Nuff said......I think I am guilty of digressing and moving away from the forum topic, so I shall cease and desist!
    kbz1960 and revtech like this.
    04-17-15 10:28 AM
    I'm in Memphis, TN, USA on an unlocked Z30 STA 100-5 on AT&T. AT&T doesn't "support" nor offer the Z30 so I had to buy it elsewhere. It worked great until I installed the new 10.3 AT&T update via Link with a usb. Now I'm having major sms issues, which a few others are having, too. So I'm going to try to install another OS via Sachesi. Since I'm not all up on this, does anyone know what carrier code and country code to use? It defaulted to 302 Canada and 720 Rogers. Is this ok? And could I not load certain files that have what looks like Rogers info, like the "com.mobilelive.rogers.myaccount" files?
    The main thing is getting my SMS issue fixed. Thanks for the help!!!!
    04-17-15 11:19 AM
    I'm in Memphis, TN, USA on an unlocked Z30 STA 100-5 on AT&T. AT&T doesn't "support" nor offer the Z30 so I had to buy it elsewhere. It worked great until I installed the new 10.3 AT&T update via Link with a usb. Now I'm having major sms issues, which a few others are having, too. So I'm going to try to install another OS via Sachesi. Since I'm not all up on this, does anyone know what carrier code and country code to use? It defaulted to 302 Canada and 720 Rogers. Is this ok? And could I not load certain files that have what looks like Rogers info, like the "com.mobilelive.rogers.myaccount" files?
    The main thing is getting my SMS issue fixed. Thanks for the help!!!!
    In Sachesi click on the "View Settings" button which will display the Country and Carrier codes, enter 302 and 220 (instead of 302 and 720) respectively, select Z30 from the device list and click Search, this will give you update 10.3.1.2708 (SR 10.3.1.1865) from TELUS. In the list of files that appear for the update, uncheck com.telus.myaccountbb10 (which is the only carrier specific app carried with TELUS' updates versus the 4 or 5 from Rogers), and then choose Download.

From there once the files have been downloaded you can use the Install tab to drag/drop the downloaded files to install the update on your device.
    playzoutside likes this.
    04-17-15 11:47 AM
    I need help here... what's the difference between building my autoloader and downloading an already built one from mega...

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:03 PM
    I need help here... what's the difference between building my autoloader and downloading an already built one from mega...

Posted via CB10
    There's really no difference.
    04-17-15 01:06 PM
    Hmm.... soo which is the safe and unsafe... or rather destructive and non destructive

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:09 PM
    Hmm.... soo which is the safe and unsafe... or rather destructive and non destructive

Posted via CB10
    The use of any autoloader, whether it be one you've created yourself or one that you've downloaded, will be considered destructive. The only way to perform a non-destructive upgrade is through a utility such as Sachesi by loading the OS/Radio/App BAR files via the Install tab.
    04-17-15 01:26 PM
    Thanks buh... can you explain what "destructive" really means

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:46 PM
    Thanks buh... can you explain what "destructive" really means

Posted via CB10
    It means that all your data and apps are gone and the phone is restored to the same state as it was in when you first got it out of the box.
    04-17-15 02:06 PM
    You know ever since I updated to 10.3.1 I have had radio problems - signal is very low in my house, and calls drop from time to time. I didn't experience this on 10.2.1 nor 10.3.0. I have now tried 3 different versions of 10.3.1 and all have been horrible when I am indoors.

Posted via CB10
    True. Indoor is indeed a problem with some recent versions. On couple of earlier leak versions, I have experienced my phone is struggling to get the signals even in outdoors. But that's the way leaks work differently for every phone so it's ok. Something not working for me is perfectly fine to some others and vice versa.

Now a days, I have seen many complains about the overall reception quality here in India, particularly who are using top three networks. They are obviously over loaded after number portability opened up here. My network Vodafone is one of them. Out of curiosity, I want to load 10.2 back again on my phone just to understand the exact problem; network or OS. Only I'm not yet ready to take that whole pain of loading and reloading.

Posted via CB10
    ndhanta likes this.
    04-17-15 03:19 PM
    [snip]...Out of curiosity, I want to load 10.2 back again on my phone just to understand the exact problem; network or OS. Only I'm not yet ready to take that whole pain of loading and reloading.

Posted via CB10
    I thought about that too! Lol. Overall I prefer 10.3 to 10.2 so I won't be re-loading it either =D

Posted via CB10
    nfsw likes this.
    04-17-15 05:45 PM
    It means that all your data and apps are gone and the phone is restored to the same state as it was in when you first got it out of the box.
    Thanks... uhm what if I make a backup

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 08:51 PM
    Thanks... uhm what if I make a backup

Posted via CB10
    You can chose to restore it, sometimes causes issues depending on what you restore back in or what os you're upgrading from. Play around with various custom restores and measure your results with trial and error.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 10:01 PM
    Seemed to have pushed my luck. Was running my new z30 from two weks ago flawlessly with 10.3.1.2708 and saw this upgrade. After downloading and upgrading, it won't let me restore the backup. Says my Blackberry ID is not correct on this device.

What's my plan to either downgrade back to 2708 or how do I restore my backup?
    04-17-15 11:56 PM
    Right on!! Im a bit late but finally have time to update
    04-18-15 04:14 AM
345 ... 910111213 ...