04-08-15 07:47 AM
63 123
tools
    Is there any way someone can upload just the 2 files that have been updated from 2576?

That would be awesome and save a lot of us time.
    03-18-15 06:55 PM
    crud. found a post for it. Sorry.
    03-18-15 06:57 PM
    Hi Guys! Honestly this is the best battery drain I've ever had. Even with heavy use, it still has about 45% left at night when I plug it back in, and that is with everyday business use. I actually use it a lot more than the Q10-guess because of the bigger screen and speed, but I would assume that it has something to do with it being a bigger battery in the phone to begin with. It's 12:25 here now and I've had it unplugged since 6:30am and using it for a ton of texts and emails, and it still got 84% left. That is amazing to me!!
    Lonnie, you may want to check the radio to make sure that it's the correct one for that download. I don't think it has anything to do with the previous os being on there first as I put this .2582 over top of the .2480 I had on it and it's awesome. Also do you have "Task Manager" on your phone? If not, down load it from BB World and use it to delete all running apps. I have noticed that a lot of android apps are open every day that I haven't opened. Might be due to indexing or something, but make sure you kill those apps as they will eat of the battery, like the one's that search for wifi or navigation all the time. they are energy suckers!!
    03-19-15 02:29 PM
    Hi Guys! Honestly this is the best battery drain I've ever had. Even with heavy use, it still has about 45% left at night when I plug it back in, and that is with everyday business use. I actually use it a lot more than the Q10-guess because of the bigger screen and speed, but I would assume that it has something to do with it being a bigger battery in the phone to begin with. It's 12:25 here now and I've had it unplugged since 6:30am and using it for a ton of texts and emails, and it still got 84% left. That is amazing to me!!
    Lonnie, you may want to check the radio to make sure that it's the correct one for that download. I don't think it has anything to do with the previous os being on there first as I put this .2582 over top of the .2480 I had on it and it's awesome. Also do you have "Task Manager" on your phone? If not, down load it from BB World and use it to delete all running apps. I have noticed that a lot of android apps are open every day that I haven't opened. Might be due to indexing or something, but make sure you kill those apps as they will eat of the battery, like the one's that search for wifi or navigation all the time. they are energy suckers!!
    Jack,

I will try reloading just the Passport Radio when I get home tonight.

There are a lot of programs in BlackBerry World called 'Task Manager'. Which one should I install?

Thanks!

Lonnie

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 02:40 PM
    Well damn! It's not on there anymore. If you have Snap on your phone, download "Advanced Task Killer-free". It's a great app as well and I think you can set it to automatically kill open apps when you are done with them.
    03-19-15 02:56 PM
    Well damn! It's not on there anymore. If you have Snap on your phone, download "Advanced Task Killer-free". It's a great app as well and I think you can set it to automatically kill open apps when you are done with them.
    Thanks Jack!

I used to have a Task Manager program too. And couldn't find it. Hence my question lol

I do have Snap! so I will install that program.

Thanks for looking out for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 03:14 PM
    I'm very glad that you're experiencing this amazing battery life. I had such battery life on my Z30 which came with 2243. I Blitzed it to 2582 because some apps I need just wouldn't work and now my battery life is down to I would 50%. So I already needed to recharge this baby after 7 hours off the charger when it only showed 27%. Before it was after 15 hours usage above 50%.

I'll let this settle a bit but I've already downloaded Thurasks Autoloader and the SIC multi wipe tool.

Again very happy to hear that you're happy with your battery, I hope you'll have lots of fun with this device never running out of juice.

03-19-15 03:19 PM
    Thanks Jack!

I used to have a Task Manager program too. And couldn't find it. Hence my question lol

I do have Snap! so I will install that program.

Thanks for looking out for me.

Posted via CB10
    Of course I found more than one program with the same name in Snap! Any recommendation?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 03:30 PM
    The one that says Advanced --has the android icon guy on it. It's under task killers
    03-19-15 06:05 PM
    Jack,

I just took the radio from this thread ==> http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1007014/

And loaded it through Sachesi. First time it didn't go through since it said I have a newer (I have the same) version installed. Then I clicked on "allow for downgrades" and installed.

Let's see if there's a difference! **fingers crossed**
    03-19-15 07:56 PM
    Jack,

I just took the radio from this thread ==> http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1007014/

And loaded it through Sachesi. First time it didn't go through since it said I have a newer (I have the same) version installed. Then I clicked on "allow for downgrades" and installed.

Let's see if there's a difference! **fingers crossed**
    My battery is still brutal. Thinking I might have to wipe and reload.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:37 AM
    Maybe your battery is due for a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:22 AM
    Maybe your battery is due for a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    It's a three week old BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:26 AM
    Lonnie, try going back to the previous OS (think it was .2567 or something like that) and see if that helps any. Something is not right because everyone that I've spoken with that has a Passport, myself included, are amazed at the great battery life. It could be a faulty battery but that is doubtful. If it is the same result on another OS then I'd say it is the battery and have it replaced as it has to be under warranty. Guess you could use the .2582 autoloader and that would wipe it, but that would sure be a shame since you have all your stuff loaded on it already. Keep us posted as to how it goes. Didn't answer the PM as I'm answering here buddy. Jack
    PS: just reread your post. Use this complete Blitz file folder on the top of this page to load the OS and radio over again not radio alone. Robbinezer's post is the one that has the good blitz file. Jack
    Last edited by go1ndr; 03-23-15 at 01:56 PM. Reason: add on
    03-23-15 01:53 PM
    Lonnie, there is actually a Passport Battery thread. I cut and pasted this from that thread for your reading pleasure. Might be worth a shot. Jack
    "I had a similar problem with 10.3.1.2582 on my BlackBerry Passport - standby would use 10% battery life per hour! Standby reported battery usage around 80%.
    This was after upgrading from 2267 to 2558 when it started, then upgrade to 2582 didn't fix it.

I ended up doing a full backup, and a destructive install of 10.3.1.2582 followed by a restore.
    This fixed my problem. Now my battery drain is around 3% hour (mixed use) which is normal."
    03-23-15 02:07 PM
    Can this be installed over 10.2.1. Non-destructively?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 02:16 PM
    Can this be installed over 10.2.1. Non-destructively?

Posted via CB10
    Yes

Posted via CB10 with my AzzazzinBerry (STA100-5/10.3.1.2582)
    caltrmptguy86 likes this.
    03-23-15 02:54 PM
    Lonnie, there is actually a Passport Battery thread. I cut and pasted this from that thread for your reading pleasure. Might be worth a shot. Jack
    "I had a similar problem with 10.3.1.2582 on my BlackBerry Passport - standby would use 10% battery life per hour! Standby reported battery usage around 80%.
    This was after upgrading from 2267 to 2558 when it started, then upgrade to 2582 didn't fix it.

I ended up doing a full backup, and a destructive install of 10.3.1.2582 followed by a restore.
    This fixed my problem. Now my battery drain is around 3% hour (mixed use) which is normal."
    Thanks Jack. I will try this.

My battery was excellent for a day or two. But it's ridiculous now. Three hours and it's dropped from 100% to 57%

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 05:31 PM

Jack,

I just ran this autoloader... then a restore. Then I cross my fingers
    03-23-15 08:22 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10 with my AzzazzinBerry (STA100-5/10.3.1.2582)
    Thank you sir. It's been a while since I've been on here, I forget all the hacks. lol
    03-23-15 10:18 PM
    Jack,

I just ran this autoloader... then a restore. Then I cross my fingers
    Day One of 'fresh start' started three hours ago. I will let things settle for a few days before making a conclusion on battery life.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:58 AM
    Day One of 'fresh start' started three hours ago. I will let things settle for a few days before making a conclusion on battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps I jumped to conclusions about the battery, but I wasn't happy... so I just completed a security wipe, fresh install of .2582... and PARTIAL restore (everything BUT the BlackBerry Runtime).

Just waiting now for the restore to complete.

I promise I will wait a few days now before making a determination on the battery life.
    03-24-15 06:13 PM
    Thanks Rob! No more waiting for Rogers on my Z10!
    03-24-15 07:45 PM
    Anyone can share their experiences on .2582 for the Q10? Heard a lot of bad with 10.3.1 and the Q10. Having wifi issues disconnecting from BlackBerry servers on 10.2.1 so might give 10.3.1 a go. Aware that it was early 10.3.1 that has issues, how's this?
    03-25-15 01:53 AM
    Sorry to sound a bit thick.
    My z10 stl3 needs all OS files to be overwritten (trying to fix bluetooth volume issue created when updating OTA from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1). I've already autoloaded this newer 10.3.1 OS version and it hasn't helped. I also did a link security wipe of 2582 and not fixed so I'm hoping this BLITZ method is what I'm looking for.
    What is confusing the issue is the statement (Remember Sachesi 2.0.0 will only install newer files and skip others). In my situation with 2582 already autoloaded it seems this method will do nothing as Sachesi will see all files already exist with same version.
    or..maybe I'm missing something here. I think I need to completely rewrite the OS files and eliminate/overwite the OS file that's messing things up.

Thanks for any advice.
    03-26-15 08:12 AM
63 123