06-14-15 02:01 AM
833 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    I am new in this community and especially the Passport is my First BB-Device so i am a liitle bit concerned if that is legit ;D
    SO i know its not like ANdroid, and idt is official, but I dont know if they will notice something, because the Device has a Software branding, only thing i noticed is , that the Turn On an Off screen have the vodafone logo, and there is a little vodafone app service app for mms sports and stuf. Thank you for your quick response Geodorn ( Mason)
    You can't erase the Vodafone bootscreen with loading a new OS. This bootscreen will be exactly the same after an update. The Vodafone bloatware will come back probably ota after finishing the update. BlackBerry does not care which OS you are running. The Vodafone support - if you will ever need or contact them - will care as they will only support a so called official OS. Thats the only difference between leaked and official: An OS usually leaks when it is distributed to carrier testing teams. As long as no carrier has considered the OS stable enough to support it some people will call it a ugly buggy leak and swear they would only install official OS. But often this poor ugly leak is approved few days or weeks later and gets transformed into a amazing shiny official OS. The irony is that the files are exactly the same. This will happen to this 2267 version probably as well.

posted via CB10 on a Z10
    sim_on94, gfondeur and dierre like this.
    02-10-15 01:39 PM
    Been a while since I installed a leak. I want to wipe the phone and restore media. What is the process?

In particular my wife doesn't want to loose pictures and videos

Posted via CB10
    Personally, make sure encryption is OFF, completely, make sure ALL media (pics,movies,music) is on the external_sd card, remove the card for good measure, make sure that none of the aforementioned files appears in heir respective apps, wipe the device(if wanting) install autoloader, perform setup, minus the music, movies and music app, insert SD card, caccess those apps and make sure that all files are there, WIN.

Or you could just copy all media files off onto your computer, wipe, install autoloader, setup, test files still there, yes = win, no = copy back from computer.

Myself, I just install the autoloader as I know all my files are either replaceable or not important. One or the other.
    kfh227 likes this.
    02-10-15 01:41 PM
    Works Great! Thanks. Even CB10 is cleaner and quicker. Had Android player keep popping up all the time then I remembered to re-install Snap. Got the v3 beta version and smooth as silk so far! Took a very long time to restore my apps but I think I had over 7 gigs. I just let it run overnight and when I woke up, it was all done! Thanks again for the autoloader. My Passport feels new again
    02-10-15 01:45 PM
    Do I only have to turn off the Device then Plug it in so the autoloader sees it *** masstorage ? or do i have to switch the passport of plug it in Autoloader . exe is running and then switch it on?
    Regards Simon
    02-10-15 01:56 PM
    Yes, save your applications when doing a backup. When you do your backup, you only need to do it once. Make sure you have your settings to include everything, including apps and settings. After you load the new OS through the autoloader, you start link and restore from that last complete backup that you did before installing the new OS. Its easy and simple. Just take your time and you will be fine.

1. Do a complete backup of your phone (include settings and applications) By the way, if you have any android apps, I don't think that they are saved. You will have to reinstall them. If you used Amazon, or Snap, you can do this easily since they are in your "available" tab in the app.
    2. after downloading the autoloader and unzipping it, plug in your phone via USB. Make sure Link does not start. Then click the execute file on the autoloader and it will do the rest. If you have a password on your device it will prompt you to enter it.
    3. ONce new os is installed, set up your phone like you did when it was new...set email accounts and go through the tutorial.
    4. Then restore from your backup through Link.
    You should then be good to go.
    sim_on94, go1ndr and bobop like this.
    02-10-15 02:04 PM
    Thank you very much my friend!
    I have to make a backup now and save my 5 gigs of music from the flash storage
    Appreciate your detailled instructions
    02-10-15 02:07 PM
    hai, which is latest official version for Passport? Im from Bulgaria. one more ask,is this version OS 10.3.1.2267 is good? for my passport
    02-10-15 02:19 PM
    hai, which is latest official version for Passport? Im from Bulgaria. one more ask,is this version OS 10.3.1.2267 is good? for my passport
    Yes it's good for your passport, and you will find the latest official for your device by using link.

Passport. SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 The Best Phone On The Market Today
    02-10-15 02:25 PM
    i think it will be highly needed. Mega has been messing up since morning.
    Please provide bitcasa links of this autoloader

Posted via CB10
    chinmay007 likes this.
    02-10-15 02:28 PM
    tnx friend.
    02-10-15 02:37 PM
    Been having problems with this leak. My Passport keeps on restarting. So far I've wiped the phone, tried autoloaders on 3 separate occasions. Gone back to original OS (same problems is occurring now even on original OS). Presently I'm wiping the phone again see if that will help. Fingers crossed. I did not unplug the phone during any of this process. I'm feeling lucky. Will see.
    02-10-15 02:40 PM
    Do I have before installation( wipe) my phone?
    02-10-15 02:45 PM
    Do I have before installation( wipe) my phone?
    No the loader will do that.

Passport. SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 The Best Phone On The Market Today
    02-10-15 02:49 PM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 03:08 PM
    Been having problems with this leak. My Passport keeps on restarting. So far I've wiped the phone, tried autoloaders on 3 separate occasions. Gone back to original OS (same problems is occurring now even on original OS). Presently I'm wiping the phone again see if that will help. Fingers crossed. I did not unplug the phone during any of this process. I'm feeling lucky. Will see.
    Update= Well I can't think of anything else that I can do. The phone continues to restart and I'm unable to connect to BBM. The problem has gotten worse. Looks like I will have to take this one in for repairs. Good that I'm still on warranty.
    02-10-15 03:11 PM
    I have z10 stl 100-3. Is there a download available for it?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 03:18 PM
    Update= Well I can't think of anything else that I can do. The phone continues to restart and I'm unable to connect to BBM. The problem has gotten worse. Looks like I will have to take this one in for repairs. Good that I'm still on warranty.
    DHabrick's BBM channel shows something that might indicate 10.3.1.2243 as certified (can't read from where) but that it looks like a possible official version for the Passport. Might want to focus there? Hope it helps!
    02-10-15 03:21 PM
    DHabrick's BBM channel shows something that might indicate 10.3.1.2243 as certified (can't read from where) but that it looks like a possible official version for the Passport. Might want to focus there? Hope it helps!
    https://ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/vi...?modelid=25955

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    02-10-15 03:23 PM
    Have you tried a SIC Wipe before reloading the OS ?
    02-10-15 03:24 PM
    My First complete Update on my first Blackberry device with 10.3.1, thank you very much lovely community, The 10.3.0 back up is also recovered on my Passport everything is just fine till now
    02-10-15 03:32 PM
    I'm doing this! Tired of waiting! So, downloading to PC. How do I get it onto the phone? Link?

UPDATE: Just read instructions above. I'm good. heading to the promised land, ma bruthas!
    02-10-15 03:38 PM
    I'm doing this! Tired of waiting! So, downloading to PC. How do I get it onto the phone? Link?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    02-10-15 03:41 PM
    Personally wouldn't bother with this version if your on Passport I had it on for about an hour before the flickering did my head in, 2243 seems to be the best for Passport imho
    02-10-15 03:43 PM
    Have you tried a SIC Wipe before reloading the OS ?
    Yes I wiped phone several times.
    02-10-15 03:45 PM
    Is there any significant difference between this autoloader and the blitz file that I loaded on my Z30? Don't want to waste time doing autoloader if not needed!!!

From my awesome Z30!
    02-10-15 03:56 PM
833 ... 1011121314 ...