03-01-15 05:43 PM
893 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Is it possible to use Skype on this one? If so, which version: android or bb?
    Really?
    You can use Skype since it came out for BlackBerry...and you can try the Droid version, since the BlackBerry version is an android port

Posted via CB10
    AdamThatsIt likes this.
    11-25-14 03:54 PM
    Radio is much better for me...
    Good initial question!

I have simply installed this OS radio and whilst I initially thought radio was better, I lost signal more than a few times, today when I normally get a signal. Jury very much still out for me.

Q10 - 10.3.1.1151
    11-25-14 03:55 PM
    If they change android notifications look in the hub I would try this leak. I just don't like android ugly interface.

The BlackBerry Z10
    11-25-14 04:12 PM
    Good initial question!

I have simply installed this OS radio and whilst I initially thought radio was better, I lost signal more than a few times, today when I normally get a signal. Jury very much still out for me.

Q10 - 10.3.1.1151
    I went back to the 10.3.1.939 radio to use with this OS. So far so good as 1152 and 1155 both had horrible connections for me. Z10 100-4.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 04:12 PM
    i wish they could release a leak with black hub especially for those of us with Z30
    ...and Q10s.

Posted via my Kick@ss Q10.
    PJD642 likes this.
    11-25-14 04:15 PM
    We need to speak clear and LOUD we need the flash back. honestly one of the reasons that I stay with blackberry while the app store was poor, was the existence of flash support in the browser, if it is not coming back than I have to think twice about getting the Passport. the reason that Iphone users did not need the flash much as we did, was the rich app environment.

GIVE US THE FLASH SUPPORT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sylvaing and gfondeur like this.
    11-25-14 04:17 PM
    Device: Z10 STL-2
    Install Method: non destructive 10.3.1.1151 -> 10.3.1.1154 (Radio, Core OS & newer bars)

not sure why but I dont have bugs in this build yet.

contacts - fine
    android - better than ever before
    calendar - could be a little bit faster, but works
    word flicking - fine
    radio - top!
    battery - looks good after the first 24hrs
    device monitor / battery monitor - works
    overall performance - fluid
    music / video player - no problems
    camera - no differnce to previous builds (but I dont really use it that much)
    universal search - seems to work
    visual voice mail - works (T-Mobile Germany)

bbm is a little bit sluggish, but this is since they added channels & stickers
    11-25-14 04:18 PM
    Anyone else notice that you don't go into silent or vibrate mode when you turn down the notifications volume by the buttons anymore??

It does however go silent, it just doesn't let you know anymore.

This happened in .1151 as well.

Anyone have insight?

Passport | Fido

Edit: hitting the Notifications hat switch in the quick settings engages the silent setting. Haven't found a way to make that engage the vibrate setting though.

I'm not sure if I would have done this if I was designing an OS.
    Not sure if someone answered you but you can chose more than two profiles for the quick setting screen. For example, I have Normal, Silent and Meeting mode. When I press the notification icon in quick settings, it switches from the three profiles.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-25-14 04:34 PM
    How about double swipe to unlock issue? Is that fixed?
    I'm still on 10.3.1.1151.

Double swipe is a new feature, I do not think it will be removed
    Posted via CloakedBerry
    11-25-14 04:39 PM
    I found what appears to be 2 bugs. Where I live, the Blackberry weather app is showing a winter weather watch. When I tap the advisory, the browser opens up but doesnt show the info on the apps web page. Instead, the browser just opens and shows the sites I have bookmarked . This also happens with the. You Tube app. The second bug I have noticed, is that the LED light doesnt blink when I get a text message. I have the LED light set to blink blue. I have done several hard resets, puled the battery shut the phone off and restarted the phone. None of these have fixed the problem. I had updated the Core OS and the radio using Sachesi. Anybody have any other suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 04:56 PM
    Double swipe is a new feature, I do not think it will be removed
    If this is really the case I won't be updating. Tried it for a week with 1151 it was such a crazy PIA. Who in their right mind would add this as a feature after almost 2 years. Is it just an attempt to alienate the loyal? I don't get it, but I do know I hate it with such great passion.

Step 1) Swipe Up
    Step 2) Swipe Up again
    Step 3) Enter picture password.
    Step 4) Smash phone over frustration
    11-25-14 05:02 PM
    If this is really the case I won't be updating. Tried it for a week with 1151 it was such a crazy PIA. Who in their right mind would add this as a feature after almost 2 years. Is it just an attempt to alienate the loyal? I don't get it, but I do know I hate it with such great passion.

Step 1) Swipe Up
    Step 2) Swipe Up again
    That's interesting. I also use picture password and have never had to swipe twice. For me it is

1. Swipe up
    2. Wait 1/2 second for picture password screen
    3. Slide numbers around
    4. Carry on where I left off.

Z10-3 10.3.1.1151 (autoloader and partial restore)
    11-25-14 05:33 PM

Step 1) Swipe Up
    Step 2) Swipe Up again
    Turn off the, swipe to wake option and use your power button. Otherwise the feature is nice and I like it and it must stay

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and gfondeur like this.
    11-25-14 05:34 PM
    After upgrade to .1151 and now .1154 I cannot share a contact. I get a message "The contact's data can't be shared". Anyone have this problem? Fix?
    Z10 on TMO 10.3.1.1154
    11-25-14 05:58 PM
    Turn off the, swipe to wake option and use your power button. Otherwise the feature is nice and I like it and it must stay
    This is a joke right? You propose a three step process because I complain about the three step process?

I have a Passport, I've tried it every which way with 1151... it's always three steps to unlock the phone... insanely frustrating.

If people like it, good for them... but to leave no option for those who have been using the phone this way since day one... come on.
    11-25-14 06:05 PM
    Yet another fixes & findings thread with no first post updates. Whats the point.

Posted via CB10
    Well a lot of the posts are one guy has problem, 3 guys don't Give it a bit maybe he will update it when it's been out longer and there's sustained update evidence that's relevant.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 06:10 PM
    Any way to get custom notifications for BBM groups to work? Even when silenced in settings those groups still have audio notifications. Thanks
    11-25-14 06:11 PM

Only annoyance I have is when deleting typed text, to start a message from scratch, the backspace really lags.

Posted via CB10
    I have thus problem too with Facebook. I swipe right to left on the keyboard to delete by word and that is faster.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 06:15 PM
    Hey guys.. can someone please test if a flash enabled browser works on this build...
    Can somebody please test puffin browser and see if it works... any alternative would all work.!

I listen to online radios which use the flash plugin ( livesets.us etc.) ... since Spotify and Pandora are not available in India...

Thanks for reporting the fixes... I'm eager to come to 10.3.1... just please help me!

Edit: Just tried Photon Browser but it stutters a lot while playing music which is annoying. I tested on 10.2.1 though!

Posted via CB10 and my awesome Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442
    Last edited by tushargkwd; 11-25-14 at 06:41 PM.
    11-25-14 06:22 PM
    can anyone change Network Mode on Passport...mine just stick to 3G even i change it to 4G or 2G
    11-25-14 06:33 PM
    Well a lot of the posts are one guy has problem, 3 guys don't Give it a bit maybe he will update it when it's been out longer and there's sustained update evidence that's relevant.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that is partially why I haven't really updated the original post. There really hasn't been one thing that has been confirmed by all and isn't pre-existing or plausibly a corrupted update or bad hardware.

That being said, I am now able to make HD voice calls without them suffering from static. I will wait for confirmation before adding it to the original post, but considering that I consistently had the problem in .1151 and it went away when I installed .1154 (which is solely a core OS and radio update that I installed non-destructively); I believe I can safely say this is a legitimate fix.
    11-25-14 06:46 PM
    This is a joke right? You propose a three step process because I complain about the three step process?

I have a Passport, I've tried it every which way with 1151... it's always three steps to unlock the phone... insanely frustrating.

If people like it, good for them... but to leave no option for those who have been using the phone this way since day one... come on.
    How does one wake and unlock an iPhone? Don't they have to touch the home button then swipe to unlock? Just disable swipe to wake. Hit power button or the "u" key and swipe up once.
    And if they have a password, enter that. Three steps.
    Via CB 10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    billybobsa and Mecca EL like this.
    11-25-14 06:52 PM
    After upgrade to .1151 and now .1154 I cannot share a contact. I get a message "The contact's data can't be shared". Anyone have this problem? Fix?
    Z10 on TMO 10.3.1.1154
    I had same issue after upgrade on previous 10.3.1 version, and restoring backup. Reloading the same leak with autoloader but no restore resolved problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 06:52 PM
    Anyone else notice the separation in the quick settings? It's right below the clock and above the carrier info.
    Attachment 316888

Posted via CB10

OS 10.3.1.1154 Findings and Fixes-img_20141125_200930.png

No issue here with a separation.

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-25-14 07:10 PM
    The "silence" quick setting seems to be the default one. To switch it to "vibration", you should enter into "notification settings" and then tap the star in the commands bar, next to the "back" button. There you can choose which profiles would be available for a quick selection, and their order.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 STL100-1 / 10.3.1.1151
    You and dpw09, thanks!!

Learn something everyday. :-D

Passport | Fido
    11-25-14 07:23 PM
893 ... 678910 ...