01-16-15 01:16 AM
1,274 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    So here's the fix for if you're unable to seach or voice launch apps:

1. BB Link full backup
    2. Execute autoloader (10.3.1.1151 in my case)
    3. Restore Applications and Media, do not restore Settings from backup (the problem is somewhere in Settings)
    4. Redo settings (accounts, etc...)

The pain is you lose calendar data, text messages, and call logs unless you back them up separately (Fire Chest, SMS Backup, etc...).

I found any kind of wipe is nothing more than a time sink and unnecessary (except for the extremely paranoid).
    Thank you for providing the steps. I am just loathe to lose my settings and histories. I'm hopeful future versions resolve this issue w/o the need of this drastic steps.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    11-22-14 03:38 PM
    Anyone having problems using the 996 or other radio autoloader over a nondestructive leak load? In the past there were reports of the radio autoloader nuking the phone under those circumstances and then having to start over.
    11-22-14 04:00 PM
    So you guys just extracted it from the autoloader? In doing so you can nuke the device making it the cleanest of installation you can do using an autoloader?

'30 on .1151
    I personally have not done this. I just know about CFP from internal usage. I just run autoloader and manually setup. Only restore is password keeper

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1151
    11-22-14 04:43 PM
    CFP is a command line tool. It's packaged inside the autoloader. That why when you run an autoloader it pops up cmd and you watch progress. That CFP doing all that work.
    Autoloader just uses a command to launch CFP and load files.
    If you strip CFP out it can be used to run other commands such as nuke.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1151
    CFP is different. Autoloaders contain CAP, which does not have nuke capabilities. You can get CFP from Thurask's Utilities folder on Bitcasa.
    Mecca EL and moody like this.
    11-22-14 05:14 PM
    I tried that too. It works from within Remember app if you create a separate folder BUT from within Calendar "Add task" menu does not allow to choose that folder and tries to save it to default one "All Tasks" which fails. This was one of the new officially announced features of 10.3 Calendar and it doesn't work.
    Can someone check on their official OS that BlackBerry Passport came with if it works? If so we just need that .bar file of Remember app from that OS please.

Via CB10 on Z30
    I just tested this from within the Calendar app. I can create a task and save it to a folder in remember. I can even create the folder from within the task creation screen. It's actually very neat.

I'm running this OS on my Z10. Autoloader. Previous OS was 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-22-14 05:41 PM
    A minor note on wifi connectivity with BlackBerry Link:

On the initial Passport OS (10.3.0) I wasn't able to connect to Link via wifi at all, same with 10.3.1.1016. It now - with 10.3.1.1151 - works quite nicely for a day or two. However, after a few disconnects and reconnects because I sent the pc to sleep, or leave the house, it no longer reconnects. Seems to be an issue with the phone and not the pc, or Link, because after a restart of the phone everything reconnects as before.

Just in case anybody cares to know.
    11-22-14 06:38 PM
    Anyone having problems using the 996 or other radio autoloader over a nondestructive leak load? In the past there were reports of the radio autoloader nuking the phone under those circumstances and then having to start over.
    I nuked my phone doing that this morning, running the radio auto-loader over a non-destructive 1151 on my Z10 STL100-3
    KenV54 likes this.
    11-22-14 06:55 PM
    I nuked my phone doing that this morning, running the radio auto-loader over a non-destructive 1151 on my Z10 STL100-3
    Thanks. Glad I asked ahead of time.
    moody likes this.
    11-22-14 07:36 PM
    Has anyone noticed a drain on Bluetooth connected devices in these last 2 leaks? I know my Pebble has gone from twice a week charge to charge every night on these last 2 10.3.1 leaks.

I love the hidden Squircle.
    11-22-14 08:51 PM
    The device isn't nuked. Just create a coreOS autoloader with darcy's tools and you won't lose anything.

Via CB10 Official Member of the Peevishlicious Crew
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-22-14 09:20 PM
    Has anyone noticed a drain on Bluetooth connected devices in these last 2 leaks? I know my Pebble has gone from twice a week charge to charge every night on these last 2 10.3.1 leaks.
    Same here.
    11-22-14 09:30 PM
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/p61emje4mmb35tj/bars.7z?dl=0
    Link provided by "mu57afa"
    i couldn't find one single bug after side loading the 2 bar files , all apps working better then ever
    11-22-14 09:36 PM
    So you guys just extracted it from the autoloader? In doing so you can nuke the device making it the cleanest of installation you can do using an autoloader?

'30 on .1151
    Use Darcy BB Tool to extract CFP, from the autoloader. There's a tutorial on how to initialize CFP, via command prompt, in the leak threads if I'm not mistaken. Xsacha, Thurask and some others have contributed.
    Pdinos3, moody and coldfir3 like this.
    11-22-14 09:42 PM
    Use Darcy BB Tool to extract CFP, from the autoloader. There's a tutorial on how to initialize CFP, via command prompt, in the leak threads if I'm not mistaken. Xsacha, Thurask and some others have contributed.
    Sigh.

No, you cannot get cFp from an autoloader. Only cAp
    11-22-14 09:47 PM
    You didn't nuke your device. You semi-soft bricked. Do as pdinos pointed out, and create an autoloader of just the Core OS, connect your device to your computer's usb and start the autoloader. You will recover your phone without data loss.
    11-22-14 09:48 PM
    Sigh.

No, you cannot get cFp from an autoloader. Only cAp
    Don't get punched in the kidneys, old guy! I'm stuck in the house, watching Tangled with my 5 and 6 year old! Hahahaha.

And Wu is correct. There should be a link to the latest CFP, if you search CB. I scanned DBBT quickly and saw CFP instead of CAP.
    moody likes this.
    11-22-14 09:54 PM
    You didn't nuke your device. You semi-soft bricked. Do as pdinos pointed out, and create an autoloader of just the Core OS, connect your device to your computer's usb and start the autoloader. You will recover your phone without data loss.
    Is that like semi-soft chocolate chip cookies? I love those.
    Mecca EL and moody like this.
    11-22-14 09:58 PM
    I did the exact same thing this morn, I ended up having to use the 1151 autoloader. I couldn't recover any other way. Oops oh well. I had a somewhat recent backup I restored.

Wish I saw the post with pdinos suggestion, or got the pm before I did that.

Posted via CB10 with my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.3.1.1151)
    11-22-14 10:03 PM
    Has someone experience calendar invitation issues? I can accept an invitation that is coming in via email, but the device does not send the 'accept' to the author of the calender entry. Instead I get a draft email with the subject 'accepted'....

We are using IBM Traveler 9.0.1 FP7. But I think it's a problem with this leak build

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 10:30 PM
    Is it possible to use Darcys tools to make an autoloader of just the core OS from a full autoloader of a newer leak, then autoload only the new core OS without losing data? Or do you have to start from a nondestructive signed core OS bar?
    11-22-14 11:50 PM
    Don't get punched in the kidneys, old guy! I'm stuck in the house, watching Tangled with my 5 and 6 year old! Hahahaha.

And Wu is correct. There should be a link to the latest CFP, if you search CB. I scanned DBBT quickly and saw CFP instead of CAP.
    Agreed also. And I'm stuck watching Frozen again...

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.1.1151
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-22-14 11:52 PM
    Well, my battery was doing great until this morning. It and my RAM was draining super fast.

So Mecca suggested I load 996 radio. I did and now battery has leveled out and RAM is hanging around 1gb.

Now I will try reinstalling Facebook and see what happens.

I am.... Mrs. Peevishlicious
    Very Cool, think I'll give a try too, thanks for being so Peevishlicious !!

Posted on CB10 via my Kick@ss Q10.
    moody and ntson like this.
    11-23-14 12:14 AM
    Is it possible to use Darcys tools to make an autoloader of just the core OS from a full autoloader of a newer leak, then autoload only the new core OS without losing data? Or do you have to start from a nondestructive signed core OS bar?
    Unfortunately the Core OS cannot be extracted from a Debrick file, or a full Autoloader. You need either the Core signed or bar file. It wouldn't make much difference which version of the Core OS is used, as long as it's from the same OS chain - ie, 10.3.0 over 10.3.0 and 10.3.1 over 10.3.1.

Yes, you can then create an autoloader of JUST the Core OS, and recover you device without losing data.

Autoloaders don't contain the "destruct" coding. Debrick files do.
    moody and KenV54 like this.
    11-23-14 02:54 AM
    There is a mess with profile settings.
    I set "no vibrate" for normal and after a while all apps are vibrating, or after a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 03:46 AM
    Good suggestions, but they did not resolve the issue on my Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1151.

I successfully completed steps 1 and 2.
    Per step 3, I restarted (held power key, then selected restart). After the phone came up, I did not see initial setup running.
    Per step 4, I hard reset (held up & down volume keys). After the phone came up, I did not see initial setup running.
    Per step 5, I pulled the battery. After the phone came up, I did not see initial setup running.
    Per step 6, I repeated step 5 several times. I never saw initial setup running.
    Type "oobe:// "in browser,,,complete the setup and restart ur device and u done....

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 04:31 AM
1,274 ... 4546474849 ...