12-09-14 09:15 AM
1,593 ... 61626364
tools
    Did you by chance allowed for the automatic silence mode when in a meeting as per your calendar?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:02 PM
    Well listen to this, for the past 2 days I've been having issues getting my calls. As I posted above. Come to find out it was an app called "Mr Call"
    I believe it was a free app BUT I never opened app or even looked at it. Went into the app and found that it blocks calls by default. Now that is crazy

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:18 PM
    Never in my post did I state 10.3.1.1016 was a stock OS.
    Even if I reverted back to 10.2 or whatever the stock OS is I'd still have some sort of random issues. So no,no,no,,no,no I didn't say that

Posted via CB10
    iphones have their own issues. There's no win. With my old 4S, which was kept up to date, I've seen peculiar reboots and many app crashes, same for my sister's 5s. There are just some things that we just need to accept, as human made technologies, that some things will flake out or have its moment. More severe issues, yes the manufacturer needs to resolve.

Side note, the iPhone was owned at Pwn2Own, same samsung's and Amazon. BlackBerry Z30 stood it's ground.

Mobile Post | Z30STA100-6/10.3.1.1016
    11-14-14 12:22 PM
    Well, gang, I am out of here. Having given 10.3.1.1016 what I think is a fair trial (two weeks and many reboots, sec wipes, reloads), I have decided to downgrade and go back to 10.3.0.1418.

I love the direction BB10 is heading if this leak is anything to go by, but this leak is clearly not ready for prime time yet. The deal breaker for me was the inconsistent custom notification behaviour where notifications for messages (email and SMS) from the same contact behave differently depending on which of my three email addresses it was sent to. I have detailed my findings and tests in a previous post but basically if it goes to either of my two gmail accounts (one is a Google Apps account), custom notification does not kick in. If it goes to my work Exchange address then it works fine.

Fortunately, I have not experienced any of the Wifi disconnect or call drop issues others have, but judging from the number of people who have they are clearly real problems.

So, see you guys in the next leak.
    Ditto for my Z3 today. Although it handled it well, it slumped at times for extended periods. I may not upgrade at all when this release is formal. it runs real well on 10.2.1

Z30 is holding out well, same for the Z10 (stl100-1)

11-14-14 12:25 PM
    While I have seen this issue mentioned before I never experienced it. I am not getting text messages from certain numbers and can't find out what factors are involved it that. Can anyone shed some light on this? I have this latest OS, on a Verizon Z30.
    Did you ever own an iPhone or have your number registered with apple id with any other of their products? Do the contacts that seem to have failed messages to you, have the same brand phone ie. iphone? If so are they sending as text or imessage?

11-14-14 12:30 PM
    iphones have their own issues. There's no win. With my old 4S, which was kept up to date, I've seen peculiar reboots and many app crashes, same for my sister's 5s. There are just some things that we just need to accept, as human made technologies, that some things will flake out or have its moment. More severe issues, yes the manufacturer needs to resolve.

Side note, the iPhone was owned at Pwn2Own, same samsung's and Amazon. BlackBerry Z30 stood it's ground.

Reboots can be caused by apps. So the reboots are probably user specific. IPhone works. We all know that. I hate apple for how restricted modifying is but the truth is that it doesn't need modifying because it works with minimal issues. And idk what the Z30 "Owned" with because to me loading a browser faster isn't important to me. It's about having a working phone right out the box

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:33 PM
    Did you ever own an iPhone or have your number registered with apple id with any other of their products? Do the contacts that seem to have failed messages to you, have the same brand phone ie. iphone? If so are they sending as text or imessage?

I'm having same issue as him with receiving texts from apple users. Have an iPod touch but isn't linked to my number in anyway. My buddy spent a weekend sending texts everyday. His screen shot showed both our texts and my screen shot was almost like I was texting myself. Nothing but outgoing texts. Even after reset it's still the same

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:36 PM
    Anyone have issues with the Phone still ringing after you answer it? Mine seems to vibrate / ring for 2 to 3 seconds after i've answered a call. I have to wait until its completed before I can talk/hear anyone!
    11-14-14 12:37 PM
    Anyone have issues with the Phone still ringing after you answer it? Mine seems to vibrate / ring for 2 to 3 seconds after i've answered a call. I have to wait until its completed before I can talk/hear anyone!
    U r not alone. I just try keep the phone in my hand until I see the "incoming call" screen switch to the "ongoing call screen" then I talk.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:43 PM
    This is really annoying. It's like I can only get texts in my hub from people I already had conversations open with. Restore to default and then try loading leak again? Or does someone think there is a simpler option? I've tried battery pull, restarting with both volume buttons (probably same thing as pull), refreshing hub, turning mobile network off and on, deleting and re-adding contact. Not sure what else can be done.

Posted via CB10 on Q10 / 33485259
    11-14-14 12:46 PM
    Reboots can be caused by apps. So the reboots are probably user specific. IPhone works. We all know that. I hate apple for how restricted modifying is but the truth is that it doesn't need modifying because it works with minimal issues. And idk what the Z30 "Owned" with because to me loading a browser faster isn't important to me. It's about having a working phone right out the box

Posted via CB10
    If you not familiar with pwn2own, it's a sponsored hack fest. By owned, meaning it was made minced meat of.... http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Secu...p/ba-p/6669592

Each unto their own....all the best in your choices.

11-14-14 12:51 PM
    This is really annoying. It's like I can only get texts in my hub from people I already had conversations open with. Restore to default and then try loading leak again? Or does someone think there is a simpler option? I've tried battery pull, restarting with both volume buttons (probably same thing as pull), refreshing hub, turning mobile network off and on, deleting and re-adding contact. Not sure what else can be done.

Thread starting here with what seems to be similar or same issue. As understand from your posts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=976437

11-14-14 12:55 PM
    I'm having same issue as him with receiving texts from apple users. Have an iPod touch but isn't linked to my number in anyway. My buddy spent a weekend sending texts everyday. His screen shot showed both our texts and my screen shot was almost like I was texting myself. Nothing but outgoing texts. Even after reset it's still the same

Posted via CB10
    OK, I only bring this up to keep in mind as it is a high profile current issue with Apple.

11-14-14 12:57 PM
    i keep trying it and the link says network cant be found. I try using bb link to reload too and all i get is i need to install the latest version of desktop software which i have done countless times and still cant reload. Now i am phoneless
    11-14-14 01:00 PM
    i keep trying it and the link says network cant be found. I try using bb link to reload too and all i get is i need to install the latest version of desktop software which i have done countless times and still cant reload. Now i am phoneless
    Just remember BlackBerry is number 1

Posted via CB10
    Azam Saghir likes this.
    11-14-14 02:04 PM
    I have iPad touch, iPod Mini and MacBook Pro and all use the same Apple ID. My wife has an iPhone. But I don't remember associating my number with it.
    11-14-14 02:05 PM
    I have iPad touch, iPod Mini and MacBook Pro and all use the same Apple ID. My wife has an iPhone. But I don't remember associating my number with it.
    It's obvious apple isn't the issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 02:22 PM
    Thread starting here with what seems to be similar or same issue. As understand from your posts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=976437

Thanks. Don't think that's quite the same though. Looks like I'm going to have to do a factory restore.

11-14-14 02:32 PM
    It's the most stable I have used. If like it

Posted via the Crackberry 10 App
    billybobsa likes this.
    11-14-14 03:13 PM
    So can someone tell me what you would consider the most reliable 10.3.1 OS?

Posted via CB10
    mmcclure0453 likes this.
    11-14-14 03:39 PM
    Well listen to this, for the past 2 days I've been having issues getting my calls. As I posted above. Come to find out it was an app called "Mr Call"
    I believe it was a free app BUT I never opened app or even looked at it. Went into the app and found that it blocks calls by default. Now that is crazy

Posted via CB10
    That's what happens when you just randomly download an app posted on the CrackBerry News without reading what the app is about and the fact that you didn't even opened it doesn't surprise me one bit.

(If people still wonder why there's never any free copies available for apps when there's a promotion: That's a perfect example.)

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-14-14 05:08 PM
    I personally have not experienced the wifi issues at home. But I have had static IPs assigned to my BlackBerry(in router) since beta testing 10.1. I have also have static IPs assigned to my 2 media boxes since I have owned them(years).

I did not disable any auto connects but again I never had the issues in the first place.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016
    BTW, I never had to disable auto connects except on this release. In fact, this release was the first time I had wifi issues. I'm on the same Z10. I guess I should set up a sig file.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 05:32 PM
    Just a FYI, the latest desktop software is found in BlackBerry Blend. Blend has a newer version of Link than a direct download of Link.

Posted via CB10

Edit: auto correct used the word beer for newer!
    Last edited by gariac; 11-14-14 at 06:32 PM.
    11-14-14 05:36 PM
    New leak so try that one instead.
    For bb10 you can't use BlackBerry Desktop Software. You need BlackBerry Link. Which latest one is attached to BlackBerry Blend at http://blackberry.com/blend

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016
    11-14-14 06:18 PM
    Yeah, I had that. Took a bit of getting used to but eventually I adjusted. Not saying it's right; just "yes, I've seen it".
    11-14-14 07:15 PM
1,593 ... 61626364