12-09-14 10:15 AM
1,593 ... 5556575859 ...
tools
    Had to ask, especially since he/she posted this after my post, then they sarcastically referred to Big Bird!! Timing is odd if you know what I mean.

Quite frankly, I have more patience for lame question askers, than for those who criticize and complain about members, especially when unfounded.

Sent from my Kick@ss Q10
    Don_Henry hit the nail on the head! I wasn't referring to you in anyway or anyone specific. And I'm not sure how the bird comment is a reference to you. I must be missing something.

All I was saying people just post without referring back to the thread in anyway where it seems most of their answers have been solved in the first place.

All for helping people but not taking the time to do a little search to fix your own problems drive me nuts.

9780>z10>z30 Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    11-10-14 09:14 AM
    Why does my Z10 st 03 reset when it turns off? It's so frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    This is also happening with my Q10 and still havnt figured out a way to reload back up files from Link but I guess If its going to keep resetting to a fresh OS every time I reset it doesnt really matter.
    11-10-14 09:35 AM
    This is also happening with my Q10 and still havnt figured out a way to reload back up files from Link but I guess If its going to keep resetting to a fresh OS every time I reset it doesnt really matter.
    I see this is a common issue, guess Ill go back to an official. Bummer
    11-10-14 09:45 AM
    I'm having quite a considerable amount of dropped calls on this leak on my Z30

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 09:56 AM
    OS 10.3.1.1016 Fixes & Findings-img_20141110_060750_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 09:59 AM
    My Z30 Battery life!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:00 AM
    Z10 STL100-2 running 10.3.1.1016

I Cant full backup restore Reminders from Blackberry Link everything else is good... ?
    11-10-14 10:22 AM
    Any fix to phone resetting after reboot? At least on stl 3 z10?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:22 AM
    aftre Reboot 2 times not fix my problem... Notes - content is inside but when I see it there is nothing inside but tags

Z10 STL100-2 running 10.3.1.1016
    11-10-14 10:30 AM
    Here is my experience with 10.3.1.1016
    1st off the OS installed with no problems. After it all loaded up and reload my saved info from links it runs pretty good.
    I like the new OS with the up grades the LED for apps, the calendar, the ability to delete a message in the HUB after you have opened it and gone back to HUB, When you open browser the look of the tiles. Sports Net push works properly now. I like the way the picture app has the pictures layed out Also like that when a notification comes it turns on the screen when its locked.
    The thing I did notice is when receiving a phone call the slide to answer is not at the bottom of the screen. My Minion Rush after loading the touch screen dosen"t work. Don't care for how small the time is at the top. I figure most of the problems will be fixed with the official OS.
    Thing I would like to be added or changed are:
    Would like the Notification LED to flash until you open it.
    A weather app that puts the weather at the top below the clock.
    The camera to be a little better liked it better when you could tap anywhere on the screen to take a
    picture.
    Get rid of the notification at the bottom when deleting a message to Message Deleted/undo
    Make the HUB black and make the letters more bold.
    So this is my unprofessional opinion.
    11-10-14 10:37 AM
    After about 2 weeks of smooth running with 1016 , I started having major issues with my Contacts folder...after consultation with a few resident experts, ended up reverting to 938. Everything is stable once again.
    Posted via my Kick@ss Q10
    Please elaborate on your specific issues and attempts at resolution before you reverted to an older OS. Thanks in advance.

When I edited existing contact entries to change their Ring Tone and Notifications, some entries became corrupted. The only way I found to rectify the condition was delete the existing contact entry and then create a new one and re-enter the contact info. This occurred twice, out of six such edits. Quite annoying.

The corruption: it seemed like a new contact entry was created and linked to my existing contact entry (Links count was incremented). Apparently, only the first field of the existing contact's home address was copied to the new contact entry's name field. The data in the existing contact entry seemed untouched, but I was unable to unlink this new contact entry, hence why I simply deleted the corrupted contact entry and re-entered info.

I migrated my Z10 from OS 10.3.0.1418 to OS 10.3.1.1016 via Sachesi. No wipes, no restores, etc.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016
    Last edited by eywong; 11-10-14 at 10:55 AM.
    11-10-14 10:40 AM
    You simply have to set them up properly...suggest you fool around in the Notifications menu, just be certain to setup your 'Normal' sounds profile and be sure to set it up as per your needs for each App OR too complex simply leave a common profile for all your Apps (includes: Phone, Calendar, BBM, Text, and most others...).

Practice makes perfect, especially in this new section of Settings!! Trial and Error is often the best way to learn.

Posted via my kick@ss Q10
    On my device, only the calendar notifications function does not work as I expect. The prior posts in this thread seem to indicate that the issue may be isolated to Z10s running 1016.
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016
    Last edited by eywong; 11-10-14 at 01:26 PM.
    11-10-14 11:12 AM
    Help: I am receiving BBM messages showing wrong time, today I have noticed my friends sent messages in BBM in the morning, I have switched on my data in the evening and noticed that the message are showing data ontime

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 11:21 AM
    Don_Henry hit the nail on the head! I wasn't referring to you in anyway or anyone specific. And I'm not sure how the bird comment is a reference to you. I must be missing something.

All I was saying people just post without referring back to the thread in anyway where it seems most of their answers have been solved in the first place.

All for helping people but not taking the time to do a little search to fix your own problems drive me nuts.

9780>z10>z30 Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    Glad to hear, no worries...You made comment right after my post and I didn't see any previous that you referred to.... bird ref is simple...my avatar!! Seahawks!!

Posted via my Kick@ss Q10
    11-10-14 12:09 PM
    Merged with an existing findings and fixes thread.

Here is my experience with 10.3.1.1016
    1st off the OS installed with no problems. After it all loaded up and reload my saved info from links it runs pretty good.
    I like the new OS with the up grades the LED for apps, the calendar, the ability to delete a message in the HUB after you have opened it and gone back to HUB, When you open browser the look of the tiles. Sports Net push works properly now. I like the way the picture app has the pictures layed out Also like that when a notification comes it turns on the screen when its locked.
    The thing I did notice is when receiving a phone call the slide to answer is not at the bottom of the screen. My Minion Rush after loading the touch screen dosen"t work. Don't care for how small the time is at the top. I figure most of the problems will be fixed with the official OS.
    Thing I would like to be added or changed are:
    Would like the Notification LED to flash until you open it.
    A weather app that puts the weather at the top below the clock.
    The camera to be a little better liked it better when you could tap anywhere on the screen to take a
    picture.
    Get rid of the notification at the bottom when deleting a message to Message Deleted/undo
    Make the HUB black and make the letters more bold.
    So this is my unprofessional opinion.
    11-10-14 12:41 PM
    My GPS doesn't appear to be working. I haven't left the house yet. I will check again when outdoors, but it generally works in the house.

T-mobile z10.

Posted via CB10
    I know I am responding to relatively old post (for a leak 9 days is old) I think you are absolutely correct. GPS does not appear to be functional. Both OnTrail and CascaRun Pro bot indicate the GPS is unavailable, yet the BB Maps works just fine. I wish BlackBerry had an HAL that developers made calls to then it is translated to the individual hardware. That way they could change what ever they wanted and not balls up the other already established apps. I think this is poor programming on BBs part and a true sign of poor quality control on the development departments part.

I believe I read either in this thread or in another that the API has changed for the GPS connectivity.
    11-10-14 02:44 PM
    Isn't the battery suppose to significantly better on stl 3 z10? It's still atrocious. Any fix?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 04:19 PM
    Also cb10 always has an asterisk. This better not be the case when the official release comes out!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 04:41 PM
    On my device, only the calendar notifications function does not work as I expect. The prior posts in this thread seem to indicate that the issue may be isolated to Z10s running 1016.
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016
    No, it is not isolated to Z10 devices as I am experiencing it on my Z30:
    I am experiencing the same issues, but only with Calendar reminder notifications. All my other notifications, including phone calls, seem to be working fine.

I searched through the thread and to date I have tried the following to get my Calendar notifications to play audio when they pop-up:
    1. Reset all application settings under my Normal notification profile. I then went through each application and set them to what I wanted.
    2. I reset my device using the volume keys.
    3. I ran oobe:// (or whatever it is) and ran through the initial setup process all over again.
    4. I completely removed and re-added my ActiveSync mailbox and subsequently the Calendar.

Anyone else have any other suggestions to try and get Calendar notification audio to start working again?

FYI I did a non-destructive upgrade using Sachesi from 10.2.1.3XXX to 10.3.1.1016. Just about everything else is fine (with the one medium exception of my BlackBerry Assistant not seeing my installed apps).
    Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    eywong likes this.
    11-10-14 04:42 PM
    Isn't the battery suppose to significantly better on stl 3 z10? It's still atrocious. Any fix?

Posted via CB10
    1. Have you let it run for more than 24hrs (preferably 48)?
    2. How did you load?
    3. Did you restore back up?
    4. In your eyes... what is atrocious (this is not considered as a valuable measurement of battery life)?
    5. Have you looked at app manager to see if there are any particular app(s) using abnormally high CPU?
    6. Have you rebooted?
    7. Is battery hot?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016
    11-10-14 05:24 PM
    Also cb10 always has an asterisk. This better not be the case when the official release comes out!!!!

Posted via CB10
    If you install CB10 fresh and launch it has updates for all categories. Mark all as read.
    If that still doesn't work, reboot.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016
    11-10-14 05:25 PM
    The only annoying issue I have is with the word flick function. It barely works, very sticky and suggested words seem off center. I'm on Z10.
    11-10-14 05:49 PM
    I know I am responding to relatively old post (for a leak 9 days is old) I think you are absolutely correct. GPS does not appear to be functional. Both OnTrail and CascaRun Pro bot indicate the GPS is unavailable, yet the BB Maps works just fine. I wish BlackBerry had an HAL that developers made calls to then it is translated to the individual hardware. That way they could change what ever they wanted and not balls up the other already established apps. I think this is poor programming on BBs part and a true sign of poor quality control on the development departments part.

I believe I read either in this thread or in another that the API has changed for the GPS connectivity.
    Ditto that the GPS works in some apps. However it doesn't work on the engineering screen. Talk about screen ups.

I'm sure it is a API change.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 07:00 PM
    Can't reboot because then phone resets.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 08:37 PM
    I keep seeing comments about this OS being a leak. It isnt really a leak if it was OTA from ATT right? So there shouldnt be any fear in trying to install it. Autoloaders do wonders
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-10-14 08:59 PM
1,593 ... 5556575859 ...