12-09-14 09:15 AM
1,593 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    I'm relatively new to 10.3 (about 2 wks) so this is probably "old hat" to some of you but I have to say I am totally impressed with the new Assistant. Completely blows the old one out of the water! I find it especially useful when my phone is paired with the car's voice assist system. Now if only I can activate Assistant by voice too: "Zaphod, where is the nearest Starbucks?:

And I can now delete "SayIt" which hasn't worked for me since 10.2.
    11-01-14 02:25 PM
    OMG the camera app in 10.3.1 blows the one in 10.2.1 out of the water.
    1. It auto focuses MUCH faster.
    2. You tap on the screen where you want to focus versus the odd drag and drop of there reticle.
    3. Pictures are taken MUCH faster.
    4. Zooming seems fast to me.
    5. It auto prompts you to go into HDR if it senses contrasting light.
    6. Likewise the HDR pictures seem to "snap" a little faster.
    7. The controls are much more intuitive now (for me anyway).

It could be me but I even think the screen is sharper when in camera mode compared to the old one.

Thank you BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    You have been holding onto that 10.2.1 for too long. Glad to see how are getting a good experience.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1016
    11-01-14 02:25 PM
    Please help with what? What suddenly appeared?
    Sorry i thought it was captured on print screen, its a square monitoring something on the bottom part of the screen . It said cpu, memory and more.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 02:30 PM
    I am not sure if your notifications are working. If not Follow http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-issue-972625/
    If its just the link issue , open a browser on the mobile and open oobe:// this should launch the setup which you need to complete.
    11-01-14 02:34 PM
    Wow. Just wow.

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016 and Official Member of the Peevishlicious Crew
    moody and peednus like this.
    11-01-14 02:36 PM
    Everything is great so far. Loving it but GPS really sucks... maps won't detect it well enough. Even the assistant is having some trouble with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 02:39 PM
    installed

but my device will not connect to blackberry link - its say device is not set up, but it is.

any advice on how to overcome this issue please?
    Delete ALL the paired devices first from your phone (settings, Link). Uninstall BlackBerry Link from your main computer. REBOOT PC. Download the latest BlackBerry Link and install it. REBOOT PC. Then add your phone via BlackBerry USB cable. Make sure link is enabled in settings of phone. Launch BlackBerry Link. It should see & connect to your phone device. If not power off your phone wait 2 min and reconnect. Good luck.

Akawsrrior..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-01-14 02:41 PM
    For those who want the porche clock back , this one working fine on my Z10 STL-2

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZIcVAawT!tIRrhe...8WsZk1K0X_XbwQ
    Would it work on Q10 too? U have Q10 link... pls

Thanks & Regards, Sent by Sanjiv from my BlackBerry Q10 using Vodafone, Gujarat, India. Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.1016.
    11-01-14 02:48 PM
    You have been holding onto that 10.2.1 for too long. Glad to see how are getting a good experience.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1016
    Up until this leak I have never actually installed a leak. I was always using an official release (from one carrier or another). I figured since this one hit the .1XXX range, which has been known to be stable range in previous leaks, and AT&T "released" the OS that I might as well pop my cherry and go for it. Aside from Android apps running in the background with no real way to stop them (denying the app's permission to run while minimized does not affect them), this has been a very worthwhile upgrade even if I did lose Flash in the browser. :-)
    Arth Patel likes this.
    11-01-14 02:52 PM
    Sorry i thought it was captured on print screen, its a square monitoring something on the bottom part of the screen . It said cpu, memory and more.

Posted via CB10
    Please read through the entire thread before asking questions. Your question has been addressed several times in this thread and also the 10.3.1.1016 Autoloader thread.
    d3rd likes this.
    11-01-14 02:54 PM
    Works fine so far. But I can't seem to restore my backup via BlackBerry Link. I get a notification to run Setup app on the phone...

Zed10 - STL1 [10.3.1.1016]
    I'm going to get around to doing a separate post about this, but need to see if it was covered first.

There are two issues here. One is there are two current versions of BlackBerry Link. The older version is the direct download. The newer version is bundled in with BlackBerry Blend. When I dealt with customer support, the suggestion was to delete the old BlackBerry Link. Then start the BlackBerry Blend installation. There are three choices of what to install. It was suggested to not select Blend, but do install Link and the other program.

The second problem is there seems to be an incompatibility between backups done on 10.2 and 10.3. I had restored my phone to 10.2, then couldn't use the 10.3 backup.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:00 PM
    Please read through the entire thread before asking questions. Your question has been addressed several times in this thread and also the 10.3.1.1016 Autoloader thread.
    It was actually addressed in all three posts before his/her's.

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016 and Official Member of the Peevishlicious Crew
    11-01-14 03:03 PM
    I'm still having pretty poor battery performance, but a weird thing has happened all 3 times I've done a battery pull. I pull the battery, back in, start up the phone, and when it turns back on my battery level is 10% higher than when I pulled it out. That's weird, right?

Posted via CB10 on Q10 / 33485259
    11-01-14 03:04 PM
    For all those talking about Android apps running in the background, I think you might have missed my post from earlier:

Many Android apps, by design, use Google's cloud notification service. The app will come back to life whenever it gets a notification from the cloud or if there is a change in your network state. You can't just shut them down.

There is absolutely nothing you can do about it. This is intentional and is required for compatibility.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    It is more than that. Apps are not closing regardless of receiving notifications. Siriusxm continues to play after the app is closed.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    11-01-14 03:05 PM
    Regarding the GPS, the map app seems to work. I might be a case where the API changed, so some apps work and some don't.

I did turn off the wifi to make sure it wasn't locating me that way. I suppose the position could be tower based.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:05 PM
    I'm relatively new to 10.3 (about 2 wks) so this is probably "old hat" to some of you but I have to say I am totally impressed with the new Assistant. Completely blows the old one out of the water! I find it especially useful when my phone is paired with the car's voice assist system. Now if only I can activate Assistant by voice too: "Zaphod, where is the nearest Starbucks?:

And I can now delete "SayIt" which hasn't worked for me since 10.2.
    The only way I was able to use assistant through my cars bluetooth mic was to add assistant as a speed dial contact from the dash on my car, like a regular contact. Is there another way to invoke the assistant or is that how you're doing it also? I have a 2015 Toyota RAV 4, the phone identifies the car and I can add it as "my car" but if I use the built in button on the steering wheel to use voice controls, it just sticks to the cars voice recognition and doesn't initiate assistant, despite "assistant" being labeled as a feature in the my car profile on the phone.
    11-01-14 03:09 PM
    Lovely !! It's really a snappy build compare to previous ones. Just installed via thursak's autoloader. No restore at all. Set it up from a scratch. Everything seems fine right now.

Now on PC, I can browse sd card content without activating mass storage. Thing I was missing since I had loaded 10.3 first leak.

Overall very good build.

I'm travelling for next 5 days. Mostly by road. Might get some choppy signal areas. Will report the battery and radio performance.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:09 PM
    I just found out most emojis are no longer black and white but actually have color now. I used to copy emojis from Whatsapp and paste them into my text messages and they would be black and white. We have color emojis now (I haven't tried out all the emojis to see if all are in color(

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:12 PM
    This setting has reverted to syncing all Contacts folders twice now. I don't know if it is a reboot that is causing the change reversal or something else. I'm going to have to monitor this.

Update - I just looked at my work contacts through the Contacts app, and the list was empty. I double checked my main contacts folder and I have a number of contacts in there, which means those should be showing up in my Contacts app and they are not.

This is probably some sort of implementation bug.

I've been having the same issue. All contact folders eventually Go back to being checked.

HotFix likes this.
    11-01-14 03:14 PM
    Where are the app notifications?! From where ca u change them now!?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:20 PM
    For those of you having a hard time deleting messages (notifications and BBM) from the Hub, try this trick.
    1. Press the icon in the top right hand corner of the Hub.
    2. Click the trash can on each individual message you want to delete:
    Attachment 311279

Previously I would use select more and delete to delete a bunch of messages. This is much faster as it doesn't require a long press on a message to bring up the menu, it then select Select More, only to then select the messages followed by a big delete.
    The only downside is it shrinks the visible subject line some so I went into the settings to turn off filing messages as I almost never bulk file messages:
    Attachment 311282

And now there is a little more real estate for the subject line:
    Attachment 311284

Also you can hold on the date and do the mark previous read or delete previous if you need to dump everything back from a point in time.
    11-01-14 03:33 PM
    I'm still having pretty poor battery performance, but a weird thing has happened all 3 times I've done a battery pull. I pull the battery, back in, start up the phone, and when it turns back on my battery level is 10% higher than when I pulled it out. That's weird, right?
    A battery pull?
    11-01-14 03:58 PM
    Everything seems working fine, but there's a stupid bug: BlackBerry Logo doesn't appear besides 3G/4G on the right upper corner

Posted with BlackBerry Z30 - OS 10.3.1.821
    Mine does. . .
    OS 10.3.1.1016 Fixes & Findings-img_20141102_022319.png
    OS 10.3.1.1016 Fixes & Findings-img_20141102_022314.png

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:59 PM
    This GPS thing happened to me once on 10.2 and would not work right for nothing. It was happening on fresh install with no back up. I don't know if it was related for sure but I had not done the compass set up yet where you do the figure eight thing in the air to set it up. I know that logically thinking they both (compass & GPS) should be unrelated but when I went to try GPS apps again. They all freaking went to working. So, now, I always set up the compass first. Never had that issue again. May help on the GPS issue here, may not but just wondering myself. I am not loading 10 3 yet so can't test it myself. Hmmmmm... Good Luck..

Akawarrior..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by akawarrior; 11-01-14 at 04:11 PM.
    11-01-14 04:00 PM
    It is more than that. Apps are not closing regardless of receiving notifications. Siriusxm continues to play after the app is closed.

True. In addition to providing for the Google Cloud Notification Service, The Android Runtime also now honours a "keep running headless" flag from some apps. An app like Waze will keep running in the background until it is properly shutdown by pressing the back button (instead of minimising and hitting the x). Again this is for compatibility.

Hopefully we will be able to get some documentation on this at some point.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    11-01-14 04:02 PM
1,593 ... 2324252627 ...