09-25-14 01:39 PM
973 ... 373839
tools
    This has been covered a lot of times. MEGA is still used because a lot of us don't like torrents and it seems to always be "operator/browser error" when it comes to MEGA issues. For the vast majority, MEGA is hassle-free. Also, MEGA is resumable (and faster) if you use the desktop program.
    For one, could you please post the links for the threads discussing the theme? I couldn't find them. Secondly putting things as universal truths block objective discussions. Just because *alot of us* (presumably) don't like that we shouldn't use something that is definitely better than file sharing websites? (for the reasons i mentioned in last post). There has to be convincing reasons for that. Like you said yourself if there are operator/browser errors, plus a lot of server side errors, why not try an alternative. There is nothing wrong with one more choice for people who like it ? You can just seed it and let it run when you are on your pc. So with these newer leaks you could simply put a magnet link for Autloaders/Bars.

Instead of categorically rejecting that, lets have a discussion on what would make it a bad idea?
    07-22-14 07:55 AM
    I don't post leaks and don't use torrents. So I'm not in a position to "categorically reject" anything one way or the other. I was just telling you what the climate is regarding torrents. I wasn't putting anything in "universal truths," either. The leakers post up the files the way they want. The MEGA method has been successful for years now. If a particular leaker uses both MEGA and torrent, he/she will usually post the files using both methods. If torrent users want the files out there as torrents, what is stopping them from getting the file from MEGA then seeding it themselves for other torrent users? Nothing. If folks are having difficulty downloading from the MEGA site, what's stopping them from downloading the MEGA client software to do the download? Nothing.

You're halfway accusing me of not accepting something different, yet you're doing the same thing by wanting files uploaded as torrents instead. And also going so far as to proclaim that torrents are "better." You're taking your own experiences with torrents and presenting a "universal truth" that they are better just because you've had good success with them.

As far as links to the discussions, just pick any thread posting up a new leak and read through it. Without fail, torrent users always show up asking for torrents and proclaiming how torrents are so much better and more stable. Now that was a proclamation of a "universal truth" as it pertains to torrent users' activity in leak threads on Crackberry.
    bibbula, Blacklatino and zephyr613 like this.
    07-22-14 08:22 AM
    If you don't do torrents or post leaks, the last thing you should do is to contribute in this discussion. As for this unnecessary sensitivity lets me give you a little example.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

In above example 'you' is used as a generic pronoun and not Tayl0rd from crackberry. There was no need for self-defense and retaliation. As for the MEGA method being used successfully, what is that rant about poor download speeds and errors then? The message was for the leak uploaders and not for someone who has nothing to do with the discussion. You misread again what i wrote in your fury about torrents. I said it could be used ALTERNATIVELY and not exclusively!!! I don't decide that anyways. More options are always better. Torrents are better for a lot of facts (and not whims) but who am i talking to. Lastly if there are people who want the torrents to be tried, let them!
    07-22-14 12:38 PM
    Really? This discussion is 39 pages of posts from nobody but people who post leaks? Are you serious right now? Do you post leaks? If so, you need to take issue with yourself for there not being any torrent files uploaded. As far as your claim of my "fury," you couldn't be more wrong. MEGA works just fine for me 99.9% of the time on the first try. The 0.01% that it doesn't work, I have enough technical know-how to get it working. I'm as happy as a clam with the way leaks are currently being distributed. If they start being posted with torrents as well, I couldn't care less so long as there's still a MEGA download available.

I believe you're projecting your own frustration onto me. All I did initially was posit on your query about torrents. It was you who decided to go off on a tangent. Once again, I couldn't care less if torrents are made available or not. My MEGAs work just fine. No "fury" on this end, my friend. As far as the "rant" you mentioned about speed and errors with MEGA, it's typically from people who want torrents or Google Docs download links and people who are only willing to put the absolute minimum amount of effort possible to get what they're wanting. Five minutes of troubleshooting could probably solve most of their issues. Or, as I said, download the MEGA desktop client. You have to have a torrent client for torrent files, but having a MEGA client for MEGA files is just too much effort?

Now with that said, would you be so inclined to provide some "facts" of how torrents are better? Just because you say so doesn't make it a fact.
    07-22-14 02:11 PM
    If you don't do torrents or post leaks, the last thing you should do is to contribute in this discussion.
    Howdy.

i wonder why do people keep uploading to mega or bitcasa when torrent seems to be the best for such leaks. Not only we get more seeders and better speeds, its safer (resumable?). Every leecher at some point becomes seeder (ideally) and we won't have that server busting problem and load issues. Why not start an official torrent for crackberry?
    Availability, mostly. Torrents are fleeting, since people are reluctant to waste bandwidth uploading something released three leaks ago. Whereas cloud storage is much more permanent, especially if you've got grandfathered infinite storage for $10 a month. And Bitcasa doesn't seem to get overloaded like MEGA does, from what I've seen. MEGA is popular due to easier anonymity and the ample space (50GB) for a free, disposable account.
    bibbula and zephyr613 like this.
    07-22-14 02:33 PM
    I think I installed the hybrid correctly but what should the OS show in settings under about? I am still working on getting notifications sounds working again and side loaded the earlier bar and set the sounds how i wanted them then side loaded 296's bar but the sounds went away
    07-30-14 10:08 PM
    Really? This discussion is 39 pages of posts from nobody but people who post leaks? Are you serious right now? Do you post leaks? If so, you need to take issue with yourself for there not being any torrent files uploaded. As far as your claim of my "fury," you couldn't be more wrong. MEGA works just fine for me 99.9% of the time on the first try. The 0.01% that it doesn't work, I have enough technical know-how to get it working. I'm as happy as a clam with the way leaks are currently being distributed. If they start being posted with torrents as well, I couldn't care less so long as there's still a MEGA download available.

I believe you're projecting your own frustration onto me. All I did initially was posit on your query about torrents. It was you who decided to go off on a tangent. Once again, I couldn't care less if torrents are made available or not. My MEGAs work just fine. No "fury" on this end, my friend. As far as the "rant" you mentioned about speed and errors with MEGA, it's typically from people who want torrents or Google Docs download links and people who are only willing to put the absolute minimum amount of effort possible to get what they're wanting. Five minutes of troubleshooting could probably solve most of their issues. Or, as I said, download the MEGA desktop client. You have to have a torrent client for torrent files, but having a MEGA client for MEGA files is just too much effort?

Now with that said, would you be so inclined to provide some "facts" of how torrents are better? Just because you say so doesn't make it a fact.
    I can use torrents via ssh and terminal to access them. torrents can work at a very low level usage. Does the mega client support ssh and terminal? no? right. that's why torrents are preferred by many. well, one of many reasons. I'm not quite sure why you've spent such a good deal of time trying to convince people all over this site that torrents are inherently bad, I can, however, surmise that they've certainly kicked your **** and that your disregard of them seems to directly correlate with your inability to comprehend how they work.
    mainely_linux likes this.
    07-31-14 02:44 PM
    And that's exactly what I wanted to but didn't tell our beloved file sharing friends. It'd be too geeky for them.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 06:11 AM
    This is the URL for Z10-1: 10.3_z101.zip - FileFactory
    Can I load this leak into my Z10 (STL100-1)?
    08-17-14 09:14 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 01:28 PM
    Can I load this leak into my Z10 (STL100-1)?
    Yes, that is the correct file
    08-19-14 02:16 AM
    Device monitor and video audio calls through bbm not working. What should I do??

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 07:00 AM
    I love this leak. been using it for awhile now.

One thing, every once in awhile I get weird monitors in the bottom left corner. once it was a cpu and ram monitor...now its a touch monitor. No idea how they appear, and to get rid of them I reboot. They are super interesting to look at though, any idea how to activate them?
    09-05-14 10:11 AM
    Just installed this OS update and all seems to be running well on Z30 STA 100-3... but I do seem to have a strange water mark on each of the four corners of the screen at all times, "Ox3354FCBD" Does anyone know what this is?
    09-25-14 11:37 AM
    Just installed this OS update and all seems to be running well on Z30 STA 100-3... but I do seem to have a strange water mark on each of the four corners of the screen at all times, "Ox3354FCBD" Does anyone know what this is?
    PIN watermark.

Also, don't use this OS. Load 10.3.0.1154.

Posted via CB10
    vtphotopro likes this.
    09-25-14 11:38 AM
    Please excuse my ignorance... I am new to BB and this Z30 is the first phone I have ever loaded any OS onto other than that provided by cell carrier. So... Why .1154 over the .296? And thank you!
    09-25-14 12:34 PM
    Please excuse my ignorance... I am new to BB and this Z30 is the first phone I have ever loaded any OS onto other than that provided by cell carrier. So... Why .1154 over the .296? And thank you!
    296 is much older and is very much a work in progress. 1154 is pretty much release quality.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 12:37 PM
    1154 as the number says higher than 296 and newer of course, new is better.
    09-25-14 12:37 PM
    Because 1154 is a bigger number than 296 which means it is further developed so more features and WAY less bugs. Also, because that build number is greater than 1000, it doesn't have watermarks in the corners. 1154 is good enough for daily use - 296 wasn't unless you were keen enough to put with the bugs.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1154
    09-25-14 12:38 PM
    Like I said before... please forgive a newbie! I did not realise 0.1154 was bigger than 0.296... I was thinking in general math terms and I thought I downloaded the newer one. I have gotten .1154 and will redo the install. Thank you all so much!
    09-25-14 12:55 PM
    UPDATE: OK downloaded 10.3.0.115 from the Mega link, installed it, all works fine... but the phone says it's running 10.3.0.738. Oh well.
    09-25-14 01:35 PM
    No, you did it right. OS version 10.3.0.1154 is software version 10.3.0.738

OS versions and software versions, what do they all mean? | CrackBerry.com
    vtphotopro likes this.
    09-25-14 01:37 PM
    UPDATE: OK downloaded 10.3.0.115 from the Mega link, installed it, all works fine... but the phone says it's running 10.3.0.738. Oh well.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lained-919663/ have a read at this please.
    vtphotopro likes this.
    09-25-14 01:39 PM
973 ... 373839