09-25-14 01:39 PM
973 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    I'm experiencing since today a heavy (!) battery drain. I'm using Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296 since 1+ week and didn't see such situation before. It seems like the battery isn't loaded with my BlackBerry USB power cable. Anyone have experienced this?

Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    I had this exact thing happen to me back in the early release 10.2 days and my only recourse was to downgrade back 10.1 os. So you may have to downgrade back to latest 10.2 os.

Try hard reboot first. And also if you plug into pc does it recognize it?

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.296 & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296
    05-31-14 02:21 PM
    I had this exact thing happen to me back in the early release 10.2 days and my only recourse was to downgrade back 10.1 os. So you may have to downgrade back to latest 10.2 os.

Try hard reboot first. And also if you plug into pc does it recognize it?

After reboot it gets recognised. Though battery drain is still here. I'm at 99% and only 2.5 h left .

I'll downgrade then. But don't understand this all as I was running that leak for days without hassle.

Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    06-01-14 01:29 AM
    Sorry if I stressing your nerves, but could anyone re-post the download link for the Z10 as it it's not on the first page post (hasn't been edited)!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    06-01-14 02:34 AM
    After reboot it gets recognised. Though battery drain is still here. I'm at 99% and only 2.5 h left .

I'll downgrade then. But don't understand this all as I was running that leak for days without hassle.

Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    I know, right? When it happened to me on 10.2.0.513 I was the only one reporting that problem. But back then weren't many of is Q10 able to load these early leaks and have them work anyway.

anon721037 likes this.
    06-01-14 07:17 AM
    I make my backup on 10.2.1 and when I restored on 10.3 all my android apps where there, except for sideloades snap, is this new for 10.3 or for the new BlackBerry link?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 01:23 PM
    I make my backup on 10.2.1 and when I restored on 10.3 all my android apps where there, except for sideloades snap, is this new for 10.3 or for the new BlackBerry link?

Posted via CB10
    No i believe that feature has been there ever since they allowed you to install APK files directly on the phone. Only sideloaded apps do not restore. Hence why snap requires you to reinstall
    moody likes this.
    06-02-14 02:26 PM
    Does anyone have the fixed link of 10.3 hybrid for Q10? Tried the one on the first page, and the file isn't available for download.

Thanks in advance.
    06-02-14 02:36 PM
    Does anyone have the fixed link of 10.3 hybrid for Q10? Tried the one on the first page, and the file isn't available for download.

Thanks in advance.
    I believe two or three pages back in this thread you will find updated links. I know for sure hamsterwheel posted them for Deezy I just don't remember how far back that was.

06-02-14 09:58 PM
    Always no STL 100-1 Why?
    Z10 STL 100-1 is out of date? No hardware support?
    Sad to have it.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 04:51 AM
    Always no STL 100-1 Why?
    Sad to have it.

Posted via CB10
    You can install 10.3.0.442 on stl 1 I am using it right now

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 05:09 AM
    Hi,
    Not sure if it was reported but since 10.3.0 i have this really annoying problem with keyboard on my Z10. Flicking words doesn't work if i don't press the first letter then worked normally. Also enter key needs to be pressed twice. The same with flicking back to delete the whole word - works for first one but second time i press it - it doesn't. Quite strange it doesn't happen all the time. Anyone has the same?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 10:15 AM
    Hey so I have have this os running smoothly on my q10 for a month or so and all of a sudden my q10!is stuck on the boot at 100% is anyone else encountering the same issue. Please help thanks
    06-03-14 02:06 PM
    Replying do I can find this quickly later tonight

From my Z30 aka Zoe
    06-03-14 07:37 PM
    So notifications in the hub are dark themed now. Dark theme hub coming?
    OS 10.3.0.296/441(radio) hybrid!! :) For ALL BUT STL100-1-img_20140603_210020.png

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 09:01 PM
    Always no STL 100-1 Why?
    Sad to have it.

Posted via CB10
    Weird. I posted the links to STL-1 before they went missing here...
    10.3_z101.zip - FileFactory
    06-04-14 08:34 AM
    So notifications in the hub are dark themed now. Dark theme hub coming?

Posted via CB10

Wow that would be awesome! Absolute killer!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    06-04-14 09:41 AM
    Can someone mirror the Q10 file? Mega mirror in 1st post no longer works, and the filefactory is way too slow. Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind I found the OneDrive mirror post by FCSC.
    06-06-14 07:56 AM
    So I load up this 10.3.0.442 SDK or Dev OS.. with 296 bars on my Z10 STL100-1.

I will try to keep it short and in points.

Disclaimer, its not a blame game post. Its still a developing OS. I know. Whatever has so far come, I tried and giving feedback as a end user specially on a non technical side.(Sideloading)

Review points based on current features:
    - 10.3 UI is good but needs more refinements as of now it isn't so visually uniform. UI has to focus on productivity and take the benefit of Cascades everywhere. It is missing at some places
    - Battery life: it is improved. But still a lot of improvement to be done especially when using Apps. It drains quite fast.
    - Camera: Great update but still a poor one in dark conditions. Also, click anywhere has to come back. Its so inconvenient as of now
    - Lock Screen: has to be more open for APIs. As of now very low use.
    - Music Equaliser: it is very good to have it. But needs more refinement for effects. Also volume is a little low. I guess there is something limiting it.
    - Android Apps: run Fast. Still the same, not all run smooth, Share framework v2 is also not consistent. At the same time, app data needs to backed up somewhere on cloud. Replace social account dependency of android to native apps for login and app progress data.
    - Maps and Office: 2 places we should be ahead of the curve since we say we are enterprise focused. Both of them lack terribly. Gmaps latest version cant work also. Even office 2013 mobile doesn't work.
    - Browser: UI needs to be change for home screen. It is terrible as of now. Also it is very heavy app to use. Make it lite. Keyboard lags.
    - Contacts App: It is improved but I don't see it any closer to windows people app. Whatsapp isn't even integrated in the contacts app. A lot of stuff needs to be updated with respect to social/Professional part of ones life.
    Picture App: Not liking much. It looks cluttered.
    HomeScreen: As of now it is static screen to keep most used apps opened. I don't see any widgets, also size is fixed and not much of use for information glance as active frame.
    Network: Phone network fluctuates too much and I see so much variations between my z10, nokia and a old android phone all of them having same provider and at same place. Z10 is pathetic since 10.1. And android stands out.(people don't give me Z30 things)
    Brightness: System is limiting it probably due to auto brightness on behind the scene. I remember I used to keep brightness at 10 in my 9300 and still it was quite good.

New Features/Enhancements/fixes
    - Camera: Please bb update it like hell.. SO much to do for low light images. Well lit areas are fine.
    - Wifi Scheduler: automatic on/off based on time and day.
    - LockScreen: similar to what windows has. Not copy but they can think of new stuff
    - Android app: they all have to run blazing fast. Please sit with a android device to compare side by side. Also replace social account with native instead of android browser kind of stuff. Backup progress and other data at some cloud.
    - Office and Maps: Everyone has to have awesome office and maps experience since we boast so much of enterprise thing
    - BBM app: so many things to update before competing with whatsapp especially in Groups part.(it isn't bad but just saying)
    - Battery Optimizations and handling: ideal drain is still on a high note. Once using an app, it drains fast. More than Normal actually.
    - Bring native Social Feeds, call block, from OS7 to OS10.
    - Phone app: maybe complete UI change. (something really innovative)
    - Data Toggle in Quick Settings
    - More open APIs for developers to make new apps
    - Homescreen: Widgets please.
    - Picture editing app: the filters part has to be opened for developers to explore.
    - Day Organizer/Planner: based on your set of events in calendar and emails. It will create a Day planner for next and tell you at a glance what all you need to do and how much free time you have.
    - Contact app: Update to include a lot of information and show a crisp look. Also make it a common option in the 3 dot menu to know about a contact from any where, any app.
    - Closing the active frames needs a new X button. Currently it is slightly difficult and not so comfortable in closing.

Will update this as and when I remember more things.
    Last edited by prateek.samtani; 06-09-14 at 03:53 AM.
    06-09-14 03:16 AM
    This link for STL100-1 10.3.442 right?
    06-09-14 01:29 PM
    So I load up this 10.3.0.442 SDK or Dev OS.. with 296 bars on my Z10 STL100-1.

I will try to keep it short and in points.

Disclaimer, its not a blame game post. Its still a developing OS. I know. Whatever has so far come, I tried and giving feedback as a end user specially on a non technical side.(Sideloading)

Review points based on current features:
    - 10.3 UI is good but needs more refinements as of now it isn't so visually uniform. UI has to focus on productivity and take the benefit of Cascades everywhere. It is missing at some places
    - Battery life: it is improved. But still a lot of improvement to be done especially when using Apps. It drains quite fast.
    - Camera: Great update but still a poor one in dark conditions. Also, click anywhere has to come back. Its so inconvenient as of now
    - Lock Screen: has to be more open for APIs. As of now very low use.
    - Music Equaliser: it is very good to have it. But needs more refinement for effects. Also volume is a little low. I guess there is something limiting it.
    - Android Apps: run Fast. Still the same, not all run smooth, Share framework v2 is also not consistent. At the same time, app data needs to backed up somewhere on cloud. Replace social account dependency of android to native apps for login and app progress data.
    - Maps and Office: 2 places we should be ahead of the curve since we say we are enterprise focused. Both of them lack terribly. Gmaps latest version cant work also. Even office 2013 mobile doesn't work.
    - Browser: UI needs to be change for home screen. It is terrible as of now. Also it is very heavy app to use. Make it lite. Keyboard lags.
    - Contacts App: It is improved but I don't see it any closer to windows people app. Whatsapp isn't even integrated in the contacts app. A lot of stuff needs to be updated with respect to social/Professional part of ones life.
    Picture App: Not liking much. It looks cluttered.
    HomeScreen: As of now it is static screen to keep most used apps opened. I don't see any widgets, also size is fixed and not much of use for information glance as active frame.
    Network: Phone network fluctuates too much and I see so much variations between my z10, nokia and a old android phone all of them having same provider and at same place. Z10 is pathetic since 10.1. And android stands out.(people don't give me Z30 things)
    Brightness: System is limiting it probably due to auto brightness on behind the scene. I remember I used to keep brightness at 10 in my 9300 and still it was quite good.

New Features/Enhancements/fixes
    - Camera: Please bb update it like hell.. SO much to do for low light images. Well lit areas are fine.
    - Wifi Scheduler: automatic on/off based on time and day.
    - LockScreen: similar to what windows has. Not copy but they can think of new stuff
    - Android app: they all have to run blazing fast. Please sit with a android device to compare side by side. Also replace social account with native instead of android browser kind of stuff. Backup progress and other data at some cloud.
    - Office and Maps: Everyone has to have awesome office and maps experience since we boast so much of enterprise thing
    - BBM app: so many things to update before competing with whatsapp especially in Groups part.(it isn't bad but just saying)
    - Battery Optimizations and handling: ideal drain is still on a high note. Once using an app, it drains fast. More than Normal actually.
    - Bring native Social Feeds, call block, from OS7 to OS10.
    - Phone app: maybe complete UI change. (something really innovative)
    - Data Toggle in Quick Settings
    - More open APIs for developers to make new apps
    - Homescreen: Widgets please.
    - Picture editing app: the filters part has to be opened for developers to explore.
    - Day Organizer/Planner: based on your set of events in calendar and emails. It will create a Day planner for next and tell you at a glance what all you need to do and how much free time you have.
    - Contact app: Update to include a lot of information and show a crisp look. Also make it a common option in the 3 dot menu to know about a contact from any where, any app.
    - Closing the active frames needs a new X button. Currently it is slightly difficult and not so comfortable in closing.

Will update this as and when I remember more things.
    Dude - it sounds like you really need to do yourself a big favor buy running out and buying an Android device for most of the things that you have listed. Other than a handful of quirks and bugs which I clearly knew about before loading the leak I personally have very little to complain about the latest 10.3 leak and like you said it IS still a beta and developing OS but most things you seem to be concerned with is the Android stuff and clearly most Android apps will never run as fast or as smoothly as a real Android.

I have a HTC One M8 which I purchased when it came out about 2 months ago and was drooling over it for about 2 weeks - after that it now sits in the drawer and I've gone back to my Z10 & Z30 (Same old boring UI with the stupid blink feed)
    BTW - FYI - Most Android apps run a lot faster and smoother on the Z30
    06-09-14 01:51 PM
    Dude - it sounds like you really need to do yourself a big favor buy running out and buying an Android device for most of the things that you have listed. Other than a handful of quirks and bugs which I clearly knew about before loading the leak I personally have very little to complain about the latest 10.3 leak and like you said it IS still a beta and developing OS but most things you seem to be concerned with is the Android stuff and clearly most Android apps will never run as fast or as smoothly as a real Android.

I have a HTC One M8 which I purchased when it came out about 2 months ago and was drooling over it for about 2 weeks - after that it now sits in the drawer and I've gone back to my Z10 & Z30 (Same old boring UI with the stupid blink feed)
    BTW - FYI - Most Android apps run a lot faster and smoother on the Z30
    You picked my android app point. There is much more in it. . Infact it is just one point. Look at others as Well.

And really think from an end user who is totally non technical. Just wants to load apps like on any other platform.

I wrote it so that if BlackBerry people read they can know some useful feedback.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 08:53 PM
    is there any mirrors for Q5?
    06-11-14 02:07 PM
    Again not for stl100-1?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 04:55 PM
    Hey All,

Been reading this thread for hours and can't find the download link for Hybrid OS 10.3.0.296/442 for Z10 STL-3/4/5. Can ANYONE please repost the link for my Z10 STL100-3?
    06-13-14 10:14 AM
    Hey All,

Been reading this thread for hours and can't find the download link for Hybrid OS 10.3.0.296/442 for Z10 STL-3/4/5. Can ANYONE please repost the link for my Z10 STL100-3?
    Umm, page 1

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    SteelGreek likes this.
    06-13-14 05:06 PM
973 ... 3435363738 ...