EDIT with template:

Carrier: Iusacell (Mexico)
    Device: Z10
    Device Model: STL100-2
    Issue/Question: When I try to swipe to unlock, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds in show the screen, or it just doesnt show anything and i have to try again.
    Also the screen brigthness increase randomly at the lowest level. I mean, when I set the brightness option to the lowest, the illumination varies regardless the light conditions.

I got this issue with the 10.2.0.1047 OS and it is appearing again with the 10.2.1323. I am using a STL100-2. I dont know if this is something related to the os leaks or to the hardware. What do you think?
    Last edited by gerom18; 08-21-13 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Add the template information.
    08-21-13 10:10 AM
    i think it is hardware issue when your try different OS with same issue
    08-21-13 10:22 AM
    So i have a weird issue that i havent seen here reported. When I try to swipe to unlock, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds in show the screen, or it just doesnt show anything and i have to try again.
    Also the screen brigthness increase randomly at the lowest level. I mean, when I set the brightness option to the lowest, the illumination varies regardless the light conditions.

I got this issue with the 10.2.0.1047 OS and it is appearing again with the 10.2.1323. I am using a STL100-2. I dont know if this is something related to the os leaks or to the hardware. What do you think?

There was a template that the leaks team wanted folks to use when reporting issues with the leak....have you seen it? I can try to find it if you haven't.

As to the actual issue, yes, I've also got that brief delay. I expect that leaked OSs will have some issues....it's all part of the adventure for me....
    08-21-13 10:24 AM
    So i have a weird issue that i havent seen here reported. When I try to swipe to unlock, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds in show the screen, or it just doesnt show anything and i have to try again.

Hey gerom! Did you do a Security Wipe on both occasions after you loaded the leaks? If you didn't, I would start with that. What's been working for me lately to get rid of some recurrent issues that remain even if I install a new leak is this:http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ked-me-840148/

Hope it works...guess you speak Spanish from your "zeta diez" signature...buena suerte!
    gerom18 likes this.
    08-21-13 10:34 AM
    There was a template that the leaks team wanted folks to use when reporting issues with the leak....have you seen it? I can try to find it if you haven't.

As to the actual issue, yes, I've also got that brief delay. I expect that leaked OSs will have some issues....it's all part of the adventure for me....
    Although I respect the BerryLeaks team decision to only attend at reported issues via a template, I don't agree with it. These are users asking for help and when help is needed, I don't think templates and protocols are much relevant. It's different when somebody is asking for something they don't need or just for curiosity. This kind of mentality is what has so many people with a proper health insurance dying in hospitals doorways and halls in my country....the template and protocol for help. Now you can ban me if you want.

BTW, those template restrictions must be very attractive to users from other platforms that read the forums just to know how good the support for leaked/beta software is so they can make the decision of switching to BlackBerry 10 or not. It surely is gonna keep 'em comin'!
    Last edited by SteelHelmet; 08-21-13 at 11:16 AM.
    gerom18 likes this.
    08-21-13 10:58 AM
    Hey gerom! Did you do a Security Wipe on both occasions after you loaded the leaks? If you didn't, I would start with that. What's been working for me lately to get rid of some recurrent issues that remain even if I install a new leak is this:http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ked-me-840148/

Hope it works...guess you speak Spanish from your "zeta diez" signature...buena suerte!
    Thanks for your answer. Yes, I think Im going to try with the security wipe, and yes i speak Spanish Im from Mexico.
    Gracias!!
    08-21-13 11:05 AM
    Although I respect the BerryLeaks team decision to only attend at reported issues via a template, I don't agree with it. These are users asking for help and when help is needed, I don't think templates and protocols are much relevant. It's different when somebody is asking for something they don't need or just for curiosity. This kind of mentality is what has so many people with a proper health insurance dying in hospitals doorways and halls in my country....the template and protocol for help. Now you can ban me if you want.
    Ummm....when I mentioned a template that was to say that they would like to see things like device number, OS, carrier, etc laid out for the sake of having all the information.

No nefarious intents.
    VeniceBB likes this.
    08-21-13 11:07 AM
    Ummm....when I mentioned a template that was to say that they would like to see things like device number, OS, carrier, etc laid out for the sake of having all the information.

No nefarious intents.

Carrier is missing...and I don't think carrier name is much needed to solve this issue, though.
    gerom18 likes this.
    08-21-13 11:14 AM
    Carrier is missing...and I don't think carrier name is much needed to solve this issue, though.
    Wishing you a great day.
    Peace out.

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-21-13 11:19 AM
    Regarding the actual issue here, it honestly sounds like a hardware-related problem though I can't completely rule out software. I have not heard of any other users dealing with similar issues, which is why my first thought is hardware. I am curious as to whether you restored after each OS installation. It looks like you're going to try a security wipe, so I am hoping that will help too. It seems that a lot of unusual issues have been coming up as a result of the backup/restore process. Obviously that is a problem that has to be sorted out by BlackBerry in its own utilities. If we among the BerryLeaks team can come up with solutions, we will definitely share those.

As to the template...it is absolutely NOT a prerequisite or requirement in order to get help from us. It was suggested as a means to get pertinent information at the outset of someone reporting an issue, and that information is also helpful when we're trying to identify the source/commonality of problems. If you look through any of our threads, or through the subforum generally, you will see that we do our best to address each and every question as it comes up, regardless of how much information we receive or whether anyone uses the suggested template.
    SteelHelmet likes this.
    08-21-13 11:24 AM
    As to the template...it is absolutely NOT a prerequisite or requirement in order to get help from us. It was suggested as a means to get pertinent information at the outset of someone reporting an issue, and that information is also helpful when we're trying to identify the source/commonality of problems. If you look through any of our threads, or through the subforum generally, you will see that we do our best to address each and every question as it comes up, regardless of how much information we receive or whether anyone uses the suggested template.
    Wu, thanks for clarifying that here in the thread, but it might not be clear for everyone if this keeps unedited:

"Please note, to make things run as smooth as possible we have created the following template to use for your questions on the forum. This is to ensure we receive the information needed to answer your questions.

Device: Q10/Z10/Q5
    Device Model: SQN/SQR/STL100-X
    Issue/Question: Be as specific as possible
    What action caused the issue? ie opening X app, turning on X function
    What did you try to resolve the issue? ie reboot, reload OS, change settings etc

Questions posted without this information will not be answered by the team."

That's from the .1323 leak thread. Hope the rest of the Team agree with what you've said here and clarify that for all. Thanks again, man!
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-21-13 11:39 AM
    OK so I found that the issue happens when I plug the earphones. It stops happening after about 2 hours. Really weird!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 02:33 PM
    OK so it's hardware related. Sometimes when I'm typing while charging my Z10, my keyboard goes crazy. I hit a key and it adds two random others. Doesn't bug me because it's not all the time.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 02:55 PM
    Strange, mine's fast but as I have never restored after 10.2 and start fresh, I seem to have less issues than most. In fact on this os 1323, the only one so far is having to open my contact app twice every once in a while...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 06:32 PM
    I got the same problem. First time for me. But part of the leak I guess.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:11 PM
    I got the same problem. First time for me. But part of the leak I guess.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I hope it is part of the leak too. Also I found that it disappear a moment after the earphones are unplugged.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:55 PM
    Wu, thanks for clarifying that here in the thread, but it might not be clear for everyone if this keeps unedited:

"Please note, to make things run as smooth as possible we have created the following template to use for your questions on the forum. This is to ensure we receive the information needed to answer your questions.

Device: Q10/Z10/Q5
    Device Model: SQN/SQR/STL100-X
    Issue/Question: Be as specific as possible
    What action caused the issue? ie opening X app, turning on X function
    What did you try to resolve the issue? ie reboot, reload OS, change settings etc

Questions posted without this information will not be answered by the team."

That's from the .1323 leak thread. Hope the rest of the Team agree with what you've said here and clarify that for all. Thanks again, man!
    One look at the .1323 thread will show you that the rest of the team does agree We really try our best to answer all questions, and of course there are many general questions that can be asked and answered without the template. The template is there specifically for the reporting of issues and the use is not required, as long as the information is included in the post. Is that information missing, you'll find we usually ask follow up questions or refer to the template to get the information after all, because without it we can't be sure that the answer or information we give is correct. We won't leave anyone out to drown, we just do our best to make everything more manageable, as the last threads have been filled with questions without any information.
    In the end it's something that's supposed to work for both our benefits; we get the information straight away and can give the correct answer and you can scroll through a thread with less ping-ponging of follow up questions and answers between us and the people who ask questions.

As I was responsible for putting up the template and the chosen wording, I will happily offer you my apologies. It wasn't meant to come off as being so black and white and I'm seeing what I can do to change that specific line.

Edit: We have changed it to: Questions posted without this information may not be answered the team, as we do not have the necessary info to know how to help.
    SteelHelmet and wu-wei like this.
    08-21-13 09:28 PM
    One look at the .1323 thread will show you that the rest of the team does agree We really try our best to answer all questions, and of course there are many general questions that can be asked and answered without the template. The template is there specifically for the reporting of issues and the use is not required, as long as the information is included in the post. Is that information missing, you'll find we usually ask follow up questions or refer to the template to get the information after all, because without it we can't be sure that the answer or information we give is correct. We won't leave anyone out to drown, we just do our best to make everything more manageable, as the last threads have been filled with questions without any information.
    In the end it's something that's supposed to work for both our benefits; we get the information straight away and can give the correct answer and you can scroll through a thread with less ping-ponging of follow up questions and answers between us and the people who ask questions.

As I was responsible for putting up the template and the chosen wording, I will happily offer you my apologies. It wasn't meant to come off as being so black and white and I'm seeing what I can do to change that specific line.

Edit: We have changed it to: Questions posted without this information may not be answered the team, as we do not have the necessary info to know how to help.
    No apologies needed, Venice. I've read your replies in the forums and I know you do your best to help people solve their issues. Thank you for that and for making things a little flexible so we can all benefit from shared knowledge and experiences.

Posted via CB10
    VeniceBB and wu-wei like this.
    08-21-13 10:11 PM
    When blackberry get a real instagram and viber and a lot of social apps?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 10:12 PM
    When blackberry get a real instagram and viber and a lot of social apps?

Posted via CB10
    Wayyy off-topic, but hope those apps come soon. Take care!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 05:56 AM
    EDIT with template:

Carrier: Iusacell (Mexico)
    Device: Z10
    Device Model: STL100-2
    Issue/Question: When I try to swipe to unlock, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds in show the screen, or it just doesnt show anything and i have to try again.

Good morning everyone. I have a stl 100-3 and am currently using the .1047 leak. I too am having the unlock issue. It's hard to determine the problem because it doesn't happen all the time. I would also like to add that I have never had this happen on previous leaks.

The 2-3 second delay is annoying but hey...it's a leak and we chose to install it.

And to gerome18...saludos desde Puerto Rico.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    08-22-13 06:40 AM
    1323 is a bit smoother. Give it a try if the delay annoys you

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 07:07 AM
    Good morning everyone. I have a stl 100-3 and am currently using the .1047 leak. I too am having the unlock issue. It's hard to determine the problem because it doesn't happen all the time. I would also like to add that I have never had this happen on previous leaks.

The 2-3 second delay is annoying but hey...it's a leak and we chose to install it.

Saludos desde Colombia!

It would be nice if we could find the reason of this delay. I don't know if any of the bar files control the unlock by swipe function or if it's controlled by the core OS. Maybe Wu could tell us...if it is a bar, then replacing would be an option. Otherwise we would have to wait til the next leak (oh no, poor cats...poor forums, flooded by threads demanding "what is rightfully ours"..haha) Have a nice day!
    08-22-13 07:14 AM

Yes I agree with you.
    Are you having the issue with the random light?

Saludos

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gerom18; 08-22-13 at 08:21 PM.
    08-22-13 05:24 PM
    Just for information in case of someone else has the same issue, I installed again the same os 10.2.0.1323 and after that I did a security wipe. The issue has gone and I am really happy with my zeta diez again.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 11:40 AM