04-08-14 05:30 PM
282 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Have an unlocked Tmobile phone on At&t's network.

I loaded 2141, then received the update OTA from Tmobile. Installed the update and everything works fine.

The only issue I have is the little wifi calling icon at the top of the phone? Is there any way to get rid of it?

Posted via CB10
    I updated to the 2228 OS on two phones.

One, my daily driver, is a -3 TMobile variant which I upgraded OTA. I haven't been able to find the app icon on the screen. I have been able to find it using the search application and search for "wi", the app should show up there, it did for me.

The second, my backup, is a -1 variant on which I did a SIC Multi Wipe and Autoloader. I haven't inserted my TMobile sim yet and the WiFi app isn't installed. My guess it's downloaded as part of the carrier updates.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 10:19 AM
    Hello everyone,
    Great release so far. I was an IPhone fan till now but BlackBerry 10 impressed me and now I just love it. Z10 - stl 100-2
    Best regards from Romania!

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and scrapmetal58 like this.
    03-15-14 10:51 AM
    Did a destructive update and why oh why can't blackberry fix the bluetooth issues. Staring with 1925, each new leak has alternatively had either BT not reconnecting to my Mercedes and had to re-pair each time or, the other caller could not hear me on my BT headset. I could hear them crystal clear but they could hardly hear me because of the static. With this leak they can hear me through my earpiece but it fails to reconnect to my MB when in the car--again. Seems to go back and forth each with each update. So frustrating and really wish they would once and for all, get it right.

Posted via CB10
    maybe you will need to flash your mb software mine works perfect on 2 different cars
    03-15-14 10:57 AM
    Did a destructive update and why oh why can't blackberry fix the bluetooth issues. Staring with 1925, each new leak has alternatively had either BT not reconnecting to my Mercedes and had to re-pair each time or, the other caller could not hear me on my BT headset. I could hear them crystal clear but they could hardly hear me because of the static. With this leak they can hear me through my earpiece but it fails to reconnect to my MB when in the car--again. Seems to go back and forth each with each update. So frustrating and really wish they would once and for all, get it right.

Posted via CB10
    try install autoloader then do data clean wipe then do the back up
    03-15-14 11:02 AM
    Play On works for me now. Streamed a 720p movie from my Tmobile Z10 to the Xbox.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 11:34 AM
    Hi all, that's a great thread, thx omnitech !

Main things I've been experiencing in two days (FYI I did a wipe before install, wanted a clean state, w/o Android or tricked files) :

1/ Far better reception with radio 10.2.1.2229; I've experienced DL speeds in 4G I've never known before. This was in a theater room, under the ground ... the guy just behind me looked over my shoulder and couldn't refrain a "holly s***" !
    I believe we've got another Z30 customer here

P.S: I believe my previous radio file had another version (something ending wit 87 or 89 ? sry, can't remember), because the 2229 I previously installed was bad for my battery life (weird, I know).

OS 10.2.1.2228: Changelog, fixes, discoveries-asset.php.png

2/ Battery life : noticed a battery drain during/right after install (normal) then return to the nuke powered mode. I need a few days of usage before I can make a valid statement. But so far, at least as good than before. I believe something to // with radio file anyway.

3/ Smoothness : butter. Noticed then that when I increased size font (old eyes), there might be some (very light) choppy transitions. Time will tell in this area too.

That's all for now, will be back later !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-15-14 at 12:19 PM. Reason: IP removal
    Ecm likes this.
    03-15-14 12:16 PM
    Howdy Omnitech: BBM gif support for both myself (emote) and sharing with others worked in 1925. was broken in 2141 and still broken in 2228. gif support was entertaining to me and to others, and channels provides access to a lot of great ones. now sharing a gif only provides a picture and same with my emoticon. missing this feature more than I would have thought. : (

I assume what you mean is GIF animation support is missing now?

I would think that would be a BBM version issue more than an OS issue. Did you check in BBW if there is a BBM update available?

Someone else had mentioned an improvement in GIF handling with this build, something about faster loading or something.
    03-15-14 12:58 PM
    The LTE problem is not​ fixed.

Additionally, neither is the occasional issue with the Hub getting into an infinite CPU loop. That one is bad for battery life as it will drive idle load north of half-a-watt until you clear it.

That one's easy to clear if you notice it -- just do the 5-swipe thing in the hub to restart it.
    03-15-14 01:36 PM
    @Omnitech: Yes, I mean GIF animation. My BBM is v10.3.3.68. There is no update in BBW. No love being shown since I went from 1925 to 2141 and 2228. By the way, I used SIC to prepare my z10 and it worked well, as far as I know. I'd appreciate your putting this issue into your bug list in the hopes BB will get the message and correct, whether it be a BBM or OS issue. Thanks.
    03-15-14 02:02 PM
    OS 10.2.1.2228: Changelog, fixes, discoveries-img_20140316_030125.png

Hi, my apps freeze after using it. Cannot delete or open it again. Does anyone have the same issue? After restart it becomes normal again.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 02:04 PM
    Not sure if anyone else noticed, but my BBM channels are working correctly. I can now leave channels and get notifications in the hub.
    On previous leaks I could not leave any channels. I would get the " error in unsubscribing" message and didn't get notifications in the hub. Took 2 days since installing before it started working.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 03:56 PM
    Hi, is there any way I could get that Splat wallpaper? Please and thank you

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    03-15-14 04:00 PM
    1/ Far better reception with radio 10.2.1.2229; I've experienced DL speeds in 4G I've never known before. This was in a theater room, under the ground ... the guy just behind me looked over my shoulder and couldn't refrain a "holly s***" !
    I believe we've got another Z30 customer here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asset.php.png 
Views:	2206 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	255282
    WTF. That's ridiculously lightning quick! Faster than my desktop...

btw, what app is that you're using to check the speeds?
    03-15-14 05:13 PM
    Hi, is there any way I could get that Splat wallpaper? Please and thank you
    Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    According to Kevin, it's now called Spark and I want it too, so I looked and here it is: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-q10-875874/
    BlackBerry listened. The "Splat" has officially been rebranded to the "Spark" | CrackBerry.com
    03-15-14 05:20 PM
    Hi, my apps freeze after using it. Cannot delete or open it again. Does anyone have the same issue? After restart it becomes normal again.

Posted via CB10
    Try deleting the app through settings-app manager-device monitor-memory-select app-delete.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 05:30 PM
    I have an STL100-4 and I updated just the radio, with things appearing to be much improved. I previously had the 1926 radio installed and the phone signal was constantly downgrading from 4GLTE to 3G and speeds were terrible. Since replacing the radio, it's only dropped to 3G once and performance seems to be quite a bit improved while downloading. It's anecdotal and not measured, but I'm enjoying the improvement.

I didn't apply the whole OS, just the radio portion (it now shows 10.2.1.2229).

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 07:36 PM
    The biggest improvement that really iterated the s#$t out of me was the contacts app. It appears to be fixed completely now

T-Mobile Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 ?
    03-15-14 11:04 PM
    I have an STL100-4 and I updated just the radio, with things appearing to be much improved. I previously had the 1926 radio installed and the phone signal was constantly downgrading from 4GLTE to 3G and speeds were terrible. Since replacing the radio, it's only dropped to 3G once and performance seems to be quite a bit improved while downloading. It's anecdotal and not measured, but I'm enjoying the improvement.

I didn't apply the whole OS, just the radio portion (it now shows 10.2.1.2229).

Posted via CB10
    How do you update just the radio file? Is it by autoloader? If by Sachesi, what files do you run?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 11:14 PM
    WTF. That's ridiculously lightning quick! Faster than my desktop...
    I just want to know why that app shows text in both French and Italian.

Anyway.. LTE can be pretty impressive if you're connected to a good, uncongested tower.

Here is a test I did on a Z10 back in December (Verizon / San Francisco)

OS 10.2.1.2228: Changelog, fixes, discoveries-ookla-speedtest_bb_z10_vzw_sf_2013-12-20_01.png
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-15-14 11:49 PM
    The biggest improvement that really iterated the s#$t out of me was the contacts app. It appears to be fixed completely now
    Can you provide more details on this please?
    03-15-14 11:56 PM
    How do you update just the radio file? Is it by autoloader? If by Sachesi, what files do you run?

You can do it either way.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-833333/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    03-16-14 12:18 AM
    Noticed another issue: Cannot purchase an app via any means. Not carrier, not credit card and not Paypal. Previously, I primarily used Paypal and it worked well. Not, it goes in a loop where it asks for my Paypal password, I enter it, and then it asks for it again. I checked to make sure my password was correct by logging on via my PC. My have to downgrade here as I am having too many problems.
    03-16-14 01:48 AM
    Since the intention here is to compare functionality to the most recent widely-released 10.2.1 build(s), (ie 10.2.1.2141, 10.2.1.1925) can you enumerate please how those observations differ from when those devices were running those specific previous OS versions? I assume the above mostly means that one of those devices acts similiar to previous OS's, and one does not?

Also note the versions you are listing are "Software Release" versions - the versions I am specifying above are "OS version" - more accurate for the sake of comparison, since "Software Release" versions can change in random ways sometimes.

Thanks.
    Ah, gotcha.

OS Version 10.2.1.2228

Since this is the first 10.2.1 version I've used, I can't make an observation compared to previous 10.2.1 releases.

I'm happy to report that the problems I encountered with the Q10 and Bridge to PlayBook and Q10 to BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speakers was resolved by a Q10 reboot. So, no issues with 10.2.1.2228.
    03-16-14 02:25 AM
    Yet another confirmation here of the longer battery life after updating to 10.2.1.2228. I was already getting great battery life before (avg 17 to 20 hrs) but this is crazy :-D

OS 10.2.1.2228: Changelog, fixes, discoveries-img_20140316_031508.png

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2228 :-)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-16-14 02:33 AM
    I've noticed something I cannot explain but describe.

Previously, several Android Apps weren't able to minimize. A swipe up closed the app for good.

I've only one if these apps back (I Coyote : for in car speed control) and now I can minimize it and go back full screen w/o problem.

Beware : as for previous post, not sure it wasn't former install that was bad...
    I know most of your don't, but I believe a wipe was in my case very beneficial.

P.S: my app for testing DL speed is : Speed tester. http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/41757023

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 02:46 AM
282 ... 56789 ...