03-17-14 03:43 AM
31 12
tools
    Loaded the Sachesi upload two days ago. For the most part I like it. My problem is with the speed. Everything looks good but hangs up and crashes. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 09:00 AM
    Not a thing. By everything you mean......
    02-28-14 09:15 AM
    No issues here... Been on it a couple weeks.
    02-28-14 09:17 AM
    Not a thing. By everything you mean......
    By everything I mean the look, how the calls come in, email, texts, device monitor, multiple alarms, etc. Overall I am very happy just wondering about the lag and crashing of some apps.
    02-28-14 09:33 AM
    No problems here at all.

I'd redo the download then reinstall the upgrade.

Posted by a proud NRA supporter
    02-28-14 09:40 AM
    Never had anything crash on me since 10.2 (first version)

Posted via CB10 running on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    02-28-14 10:31 AM
    Nope.
    I'd recommend a reflash, too. (With the 'usual' flash>setup>security wipe>setup again procedure)
    02-28-14 11:07 AM
    It doesn't looks good If it hangs up and crashes then...better to be more detailed on the problem that you have.

Unless if you think it is not a problem though...
    03-01-14 07:13 AM
    Do you mean the Android Runtime hangs and crashes on you? If so, I'm having the same issue. I thought it was maybe because of the keyboard I was using in those apps but I switched back to the Google keyboard and it still crashes all the time. Only on apps that use a keyboard, though (fb, tumblr, etc).

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 07:28 AM
    By everything I mean the look, how the calls come in, email, texts, device monitor, multiple alarms, etc. Overall I am very happy just wondering about the lag and crashing of some apps.
    You still haven't provided any details so we can help. What exactly is crashing?

Do you mean the Android Runtime hangs and crashes on you? If so, I'm having the same issue. I thought it was maybe because of the keyboard I was using in those apps but I switched back to the Google keyboard and it still crashes all the time. Only on apps that use a keyboard, though (fb, tumblr, etc).

Posted via CB10
    What keyboard?
    03-01-14 08:59 AM
    FWIW, there was some bad advice posted here about just installing the OS and radio BAR files.

If people did that, they would end up with a corrupted OS, because there are 20-30 other updated BAR files missing from the installation.

Some of these problems could be attributed to that.
    03-01-14 06:16 PM
    What keyboard?
    Using Apex Launcher, I've downloaded and installed the Google and iOS7 android keyboards to use with Android apps. The Google keyboard originally solved the typing issues in apps like MyFitnessPal and the iOS7 keyboard was useful for the emojis. I thought the iOS7 keyboard was causing my Android Runtime to crash but since switching back to the Google keyboard, it's still crashing whenever I use an app that uses a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 11:15 PM
    with the "leak" version of it, my Z10 was restarting itself anywhere from 2 to at least 6 times a day... I put up with it for a week, finally swapped it back to .1925... and then loaded the new Rogers version via Sachisi. It's been on my phone since last night, and hasn't restarted itself once.

SO, you may have a glitch somewhere in the loading of it, or there could be a bug in that pre-release (? dunno how, as it is the same os numbers) but you may try a new download copy and reinstall.
    03-02-14 12:47 AM
    I installed the leaked OS about 2 weeks ago. 2 days ago, it crashed and locked up at the lock screen. I had to reload the device. Worked great before then. However, I was screwing around with android apps and mucking around where I shouldn't have. When's Verizon going to release the update?
    03-02-14 04:03 AM
    I installed the leaked OS about 2 weeks ago. 2 days ago, it crashed and locked up at the lock screen. I had to reload the device. Worked great before then. However, I was screwing around with android apps and mucking around where I shouldn't have. When's Verizon going to release the update?

Re: Verizon, if you're referring to 10.2.1.2141, I would not hold my breath if I were you. VZW JUST released 10.2.1.1925 around a month ago. If they release another build any time soon it will be a world record for them.

And besides that, the 10.2.1.1925 that you get OTA from Verizon is identical to the 10.2.1.1925 you get elsewhere, so there's not necessarily any inherent advantage in waiting for them to give it a green light.

T-Mobile is rumored to be preparing 10.2.1.2161, for release within the next 10 days or so, and that may be unique to them. But it may not differ much, most probably minor tweaks to facilitate their WiFi calling feature, along with T-Mobile specific apps.
    03-02-14 07:05 PM
    *bets on world record*

03-02-14 07:16 PM
    Using Apex Launcher, I've downloaded and installed the Google and iOS7 android keyboards to use with Android apps. The Google keyboard originally solved the typing issues in apps like MyFitnessPal and the iOS7 keyboard was useful for the emojis. I thought the iOS7 keyboard was causing my Android Runtime to crash but since switching back to the Google keyboard, it's still crashing whenever I use an app that uses a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried deleting the android keyboard? I've had the occasional android app crash. Nothing new to that platform.
    03-02-14 07:19 PM
    *bets on world record*

Yep well I almost posted that 10.2.1.1925 was already a World Record for VZW, but my post was long enough as it was.
    03-02-14 07:28 PM
    My main problem now is the incredible battery drain. I unplugged the phone at 8am and it was dead before noon with very little usage because I was busy doing other things besides touching my phone. I deleted a few apps, removed the battery and as of a few minutes ago I watched the battery go from 53% to 50% in the time it took me to open and close the device monitor.
    03-02-14 09:40 PM
    A screen of what's using up that battery would be awesome!
    03-02-14 11:16 PM
    My main problem now is the incredible battery drain. I unplugged the phone at 8am and it was dead before noon with very little usage because I was busy doing other things besides touching my phone. I deleted a few apps, removed the battery and as of a few minutes ago I watched the battery go from 53% to 50% in the time it took me to open and close the device monitor.

If you just installed a new OS it can have very high battery drain for anywhere from 4 hrs to 3 days post-install. Always recommended to keep a charger handy for a while after a new OS install for that reason.

There is also a longstanding LTE battery drain issue with some carriers and some towers. If your carrier allows you to disable LTE (network settings), try that for a while and see if it helps.
    03-03-14 05:19 AM
    Thanks for the help. I did a security wipe and installed a backup. Will try the 10.2 update again.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 06:59 AM
    Yep well I almost posted that 10.2.1.1925 was already a World Record for VZW, but my post was long enough as it was.
    But didn't Verizon kill that update later in the day so that if you didn't get it while it was up, you were out of luck afterwards?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 09:26 AM
    Wiped my phone clean then installed the Sachesi update. Phone working 10x better than it did just yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 09:34 AM
    I updated to this OS version on rogers a few days ago, I've noticed my contact pictures from Facebook are completely gone, and my calendar app is crashing and freezing like crazy! I have to keep reopening it 2 or 3 times before it will run smooth. I've also noticed that facebook no longer opens from the hub. If I click a message or notification my phone freezes for about 15 seconds and then does not open the message.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ingris; 03-14-14 at 08:39 PM.
    03-03-14 09:38 AM
31 12