01-10-14 07:18 AM
617 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Seems as tho, everyone as diff bugs when restoring, some ppl have none. I had one with Quick Settings not even showing up, I narrowed it down to restore of my app data. So I had to deal with loss of game progress with 2 of my games, which is ok when compared to having a properly functioning phone. Mind you I am having an issue with my MMS failing to send, but I can deal with that.

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.1.1055)
    I can deal with the MMS issue and just use WhatsApp or another platform but the BBM issue is really starting to become an area of concern. I still cant send or receive BBM's. I was able to after the autoloader and before the restore. Mind you I only did the settings restore, not a full restore.

I'm going to try sideloading BBM if possible then I might have to go back to 10.1. I really cant do without my BBM since that is how I communicate with all my close BBM buddies now that we have BBM Video
    11-18-13 03:00 PM
    So I installed the leaked OS. Pretty amazing. The touch response is amazingly fast. But I have a found a few bugs. Not sure if any one else is facing them. I did re install the OS once again to make sure if I could fix them but the didn't. I did a clean install on my Z 10 STL- 002

1. Can not update my bbm dp by selecting the picture from my profile. I need to go thru pictures folder
    2. I can not select a song from my music folder as my alarm tone. As of now I have to choose form the mandatory 3 provided, which kinda sucks.
    3. There is a problem while dialing an access number with pause. I use a calling service to call globally. Previously on OS 10.2.0.429, it worked fine. I have the number saved as xxxxpxxxxxxxxxx#. On 10.2.1055 after pausing it keys in the digits so fast that the automated service does not register the dialed number.
    When I manually dial the access number and then key in the desired number it does go thru. And as I said previously worked absolutely fine.
    4. Email attachments aren't being downloaded. The blue bar goes to almost 100% and re starts again.
    5. Also battery has been draining lot faster than previously
    1: I've noticed something earlier, there's an optimization tweak in all media, that I assume is for faster boot times. Have you actually open the Pictures app, and start the newly observed scanning process? I couldn't capture a screen shot of the happening, because I was fascinated. Sorry.
    2: Activate the Music app, and allow the scan to populate your music files.
    3: is a legit bug
    4: what services is your device antenna currently using? If it's H or lower, you have a SIM recognition error. Remove the SIM, restart your device without it - make sure you connect to wifi - turn off your device, insert your SIM, and see if that fixed the error
    5: draining battery means you have app conflicts, follow the second set of instruction in my OP.
    11-18-13 03:02 PM
    I can deal with the MMS issue and just use WhatsApp or another platform but the BBM issue is really starting to become an area of concern. I still cant send or receive BBM's. I was able to after the autoloader and before the restore. Mind you I only did the settings restore, not a full restore.

I'm going to try sideloading BBM if possible then I might have to go back to 10.1. I really cant do without my BBM since that is how I communicate with all my close BBM buddies now that we have BBM Video
    Can't blame you on that one, App Data restore messed me up, usually its settings, if you don't mind starting completely from scratch just reinstall 1055 and go from there

11-18-13 03:03 PM
    Seen this before in other leaks just wondering if it's only me or if there is a fix out there.

Volume is very low using line out or bluetooth when using an app that came from BlackBerry World but is an android app.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:12 PM
    You think there would be any specific BAR file that would be looked at first or just throw them all in there? Lol

Just slap 'em all in there, using Sachesi

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:12 PM
    You think there would be any specific BAR file that would be looked at first or just throw them all in there? Lol

In a bit I'll try side loading all the bars. No time to do one at a time to find the one that works. But I have a feeling it won't work because as I understand it, which isn't very well, Sachesi extracts the apps from an autoloader and not the "core" OS, as opposed to side loading an official release. But we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:25 PM
    I just want to congratulate you all for keeping this thread in a POSITIVE direction.
    Mecca....could you fix The Preventive Medication link? It seems to be down!
    Mecca EL and David in Durham like this.
    11-18-13 03:33 PM
    In a bit I'll try side loading all the bars. No time to do one at a time to find the one that works. But I have a feeling it won't work because as I understand it, which isn't very well, Sachesi extracts the apps from an autoloader and not the "core" OS, as opposed to side loading an official release. But we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    Yes - The ability to extract the core OS as opposed to just the apps via sachesi is something I would love to see.
    11-18-13 03:37 PM
    I just want to congratulate you all for keeping this thread in a POSITIVE direction.
    Mecca....could you fix The Preventive Medication link? It seems to be down!
    I'd have to make the link first. Maybe that's the title to my next thread. Hmmmm

Posted via CB10
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    11-18-13 03:40 PM
    Ok guys I have a Q10 with 10.1 everything new and original no side loaded apps everything from blackberry world but I am just tired of waiting for the 10.2 and with sprint I guess that's going to be next year December so I want to give the leaked OS a go can someone give me the best step by step method for a nervous BB fan?
    11-18-13 03:40 PM
    I'm on Windows 8.1. Have you updated the Java runtime and dotNET? Also, update BlackBerry Link, for the latest device drivers. Report back.

Posted via CB10
    Ook, lemme give it a try. Will definitely get back to you

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 "the iPhone-killa"
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-13 03:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I just tried flashing all the bars over and it didn't work for me

Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-13 03:52 PM
    I just tried flashing all the bars over and it didn't work for me

OK--was just about to do it. Saves me the trouble. thanks.
    11-18-13 04:02 PM
    Ok guys I have a Q10 with 10.1 everything new and original no side loaded apps everything from blackberry world but I am just tired of waiting for the 10.2 and with sprint I guess that's going to be next year December so I want to give the leaked OS a go can someone give me the best step by step method for a nervous BB fan?
    Start at the beginning of this thread, page 1.
    If you need further or more detailed instructions, send me a PM.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:03 PM
    how did u? still searching a way here.
    11-18-13 04:22 PM
    Not able to send/receive mms(picture through sms)

Edit: I'm being lazy as fcuk. Fixing it now

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    How did you fix the sms issue? i can't send any single sms
    11-18-13 04:24 PM
    Mecca quick question
    I got the 4g/lte issue do i have to reload os all over again?
    11-18-13 04:25 PM
    Mecca quick question
    I got the 4g/lte issue do i have to reload os all over again?
    Pull the SIM, reboot without it, reinstall the SIM, report if that works. If not, you will have to follow my install procedure.
    11-18-13 04:31 PM
    Hi Mecca El and folks,

Just want to share my experience with this leaked OS. Loaded at first time it's dropped (thanks to Berry Insider) onto my STL100-1 over leaked OS 10.2.0.1803, Security Wipe and no Restore.

Found issues :

1. Used to be 3G network mode beside BB logo became H => known issue
    2. Music player error => known issue, fixed by sideload sys.airtunes bar from OS 10.2.1.845
    3. MMS couldn't send => known issue, left it, I can live without this, lol.
    4. Email account setting => know issue. people says caused by android apps
    5. Deleted Android apps got back after reboot => known issue. people says delete through Device Monitor. I, my self, deleted them manually through file manager.
    6. File Manager couldn't access my PC even with BB Link's open. But the PC could access the device. Tried to uninstall and reinstall Link still not working.
    7. Overall, a bit laggy.

So, decided to run the Autoloader again and No Security Wipe. Some of previous issues are fixed (blue colored texts)

1. Network mode back to 3G instead of H
    2. Music player still error. Fixed by sideload sys.airtunes bar file from previous OS
    3. MMS works now without set up anything.
    4. Access email account setting still lag with android apps installed. Works fine after deleted those android apps and restart.
    5. Deleted android apps still reinstall themselves after reboot.
    6. File Manager's now working fine after open Link on PC with same WiFi router. Turn off wifi to ensure that also working with mobile network and it's working... wooohoooo.. for me, BB Link is one of the best features in BB10.
    7. Overall, it runs flawlessly now.

I know it's a leak, expected bugs found. But overall, I'm very happy with this build. A lot of new features.

Thanks everyone. You, this community, is awesome, sharing and helping each others.

Cheers
    Mecca EL and KemKev like this.
    11-18-13 04:35 PM
    Hi Mecca El and folks,

Just want to share my experience with this leaked OS. Loaded at first time it's dropped (thanks to Berry Insider) onto my STL100-1 over leaked OS 10.2.0.1803, Security Wipe and no Restore.

Found issues :

2. Music player error => known issue, fixed by sideload sys.airtunes bar from OS 10.2.1.845
    5. Deleted Android apps got back after reboot => known issue. people says delete through Device Monitor. I, my self, deleted them manually through file manager.
    6. File Manager couldn't access my PC even with BB Link's open. But the PC could access the device. Tried to uninstall and reinstall Link still not working.
    7. Overall, a bit laggy.

So, decided to run the Autoloader again and No Security Wipe. Some of previous issues are fixed (blue colored texts)

2. Music player still error. Fixed by sideload sys.airtunes bar file from previous OS
    4. Access email account setting still lag with android apps installed. Works fine after deleted those android apps and restart.
    6. File Manager's now working fine after open Link on PC with same WiFi router. Turn off wifi to ensure that also working with mobile network and it's working... wooohoooo.. for me, BB Link is one of the best features in BB10.

I know it's a leak, expected bugs found. But overall, I'm very happy with this build. A lot of new features.

Thanks everyone. You, this community, is awesome, sharing and helping each others.

Cheers
    Thank you for sharing this detailed and informative report.
    mhhH4RI likes this.
    11-18-13 04:50 PM
    Mecca, i've upgraded from stock z30 OS to this leak but i've lost the SMS function.
    I've sideloaded radio files with an autoloader but this is still a no go.

went to my carrier settings just to see if something was broken here, and settings are corrects.

This is a bit puzzling as this is the 1 st time on my BB10 machines that face an SMS issue.

Any ideas?
    11-18-13 04:50 PM
    Hi Mecca El and folks,

Found issues :

7. Overall, a bit laggy.

Cheers
    This is funny because it seems as though I'm the only one in either threads who has an issue with not being able to send and receive BBM's. Can anyone tell me how BBM Channels work's?

I've downloaded channels and ran the update....is there anything else I should be doing?
    11-18-13 04:51 PM
    OK--was just about to do it. Saves me the trouble. thanks.
    Np, I try to help as much as I can and I had nothing to do anyways lol

11-18-13 04:58 PM
    Hi Meca,
    Contact dark theme is not working.
    Any chance to fix that?
    11-18-13 05:06 PM
    Hi Meca,
    Contact dark theme is not working.
    Any chance to fix that?
    Did you restore settings from backup? I've found that is what caused it for me, so I've stopped restoring settings.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1791
    STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    11-18-13 05:12 PM
617 ... 7891011 ...