01-10-14 08:18 AM
617 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Currently my number one problem to solve, for you and others. One possible issue could be linked to the new Runtime. Seems that there's a Blue Tooth command running in the background, which would lead to software conflicts. Go1ndr discovered this for me earlier.
    Mine connected to my car fine. I have a 2013 Dodge Dart with Uconnect and didn't have any issues. I has noticed in the past that I had to delete my old phone connection before the new one would pair. I am having an issue when sending files via bluetooth from my Z10 to my computer and vice versa. It makes me turn on Internet tethering for some reason. I don't understand that.
    Mecca EL and go1ndr like this.
    11-18-13 12:42 PM
    Could anyone tell me if this build of 10.2.1 has the ability to file sent messages?
    11-18-13 01:02 PM
    It looks as though there is no APN setting that will work for me to get MMS pictures--tried everything, including deleting all previous text messages, rebooting, etc.

If the only answer is to do another autoload of 1055 (without a wipe, of course), does anyone know if it's safe then to restore the backup I've done from the 1055 in order to get all the app data and setting back again without going through the hassle of reinstalling all the apps, putting in the info, etc. I know I'll have to set up the email accounts again--that's fine. And apparently the Accounts loading bug comes from installed Android apps, particularly 1Mobile, so I can watch out for that.

By the way, does a restore of App Data now restore the Android apps installed by auto-converting the APK files? In the past, with side loaded bar files, they had to be reinstalled manually each time there was a new autoload.

I'm also wondering if by installing all the bars in the autoload using Sachesi will work to solve the MMS bug since the OS is already installed (probably not, I suspect).

Lots of questions, I know.
    11-18-13 01:18 PM
    BBM images are already compressed and recipient can then request a higher resolution image from your attachment, just click on hq and that will send request. I am confirming this, it does work.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-13 01:24 PM
    It looks as though there is no APN setting that will work for me to get MMS pictures--tried everything, including deleting all previous text messages, rebooting, etc.

If the only answer is to do another autoload of 1055 (without a wipe, of course), does anyone know if it's safe then to restore the backup I've done from the 1055 in order to get all the app data and setting back again without going through the hassle of reinstalling all the apps, putting in the info, etc. I know I'll have to set up the email accounts again--that's fine. And apparently the Accounts loading bug comes from installed Android apps, particularly 1Mobile, so I can watch out for that.

By the way, does a restore of App Data now restore the Android apps installed by auto-converting the APK files? In the past, with side loaded bar files, they had to be reinstalled manually each time there was a new autoload.

I'm also wondering if by installing all the bars in the autoload using Sachesi will work to solve the MMS bug since the OS is already installed (probably not, I suspect).

My mms won't work now either, even with correct APN settings, but no biggie for me. Restoring app data made my phone all screwy, and it WILL wipeout all your APKs you installed directly.

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.1.1055)
    Mecca EL and KenV54 like this.
    11-18-13 01:28 PM
    Cannot edit accounts, after adding them.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:37 PM
    So I installed the leaked OS. Pretty amazing. The touch response is amazingly fast. But I have a found a few bugs. Not sure if any one else is facing them. I did re install the OS once again to make sure if I could fix them but the didn't. I did a clean install on my Z 10 STL- 002

1. Can not update my bbm dp by selecting the picture from my profile. I need to go thru pictures folder
    2. I can not select a song from my music folder as my alarm tone. As of now I have to choose form the mandatory 3 provided, which kinda sucks.
    3. There is a problem while dialing an access number with pause. I use a calling service to call globally. Previously on OS 10.2.0.429, it worked fine. I have the number saved as xxxxpxxxxxxxxxx#. On 10.2.1055 after pausing it keys in the digits so fast that the automated service does not register the dialed number.
    When I manually dial the access number and then key in the desired number it does go thru. And as I said previously worked absolutely fine.
    4. Email attachments aren't being downloaded. The blue bar goes to almost 100% and re starts again.
    5. Also battery has been draining lot faster than previously
    Mecca EL and pavan643 like this.
    11-18-13 01:53 PM
    Great Scott, you're correct!!! Even for videos!!! Jacked up time stamp in the file manager. File Manager is buggy.
    I've got a Q10 at home that's still on 1791. I'll test with it tonight to see if that one has this but in File Manager as well and report back.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1791
    STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-13 02:20 PM
    The 1Mobile appstore keep starting in the background, even after a reboot. Is there any way to keep it from running in the background? I can always go into task manager and kill it, but would prefer for it to just not run unless I launch it.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1791
    STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    11-18-13 02:27 PM
    No it was a clean install!
    did you do restore after reinstall?

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055
    11-18-13 02:29 PM
    Don't know if this was posted, but there in an update in BB world (via pc) for bridge to version 3.3.0.22 which has bridge functionality working again on playbook. Note: This update only showed up on pc and not device.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-13 02:35 PM
    having a serious issue with 10.2.1.1055: my work account cant be activated.
    discussed with the junior admin (the senior admins sit in Germany, i am in Brazil) and he confirmed that our server is not compatible with 10.2, for whatever reason.
    i was then thinking on whether creating a kind of hybrid would solve the problem - most likely there is a module on the OS that works with the activation / enterprise email, right? i am not really educated on this so appreciate if someone has any insight and pointing out what BAR file could replace the one that is not compatible with our current server.
    everything was running fine with 10.1 - havent tried 10.2.0, i made the jump directly to 10.2.1.

Cant even think on downgrading and losing all the nice stuff of 10.2.1....

i have a z-10 STL100-2
    11-18-13 02:39 PM
    Guys, here I am again, still no luck with the accounts issue:

I've tried:
    - Sideloading those two BAR files from the main 10.2.1.1055 thread
    - Tried Mecca's trick shutting down phone, remove Sim card etc..
    - Removing one by one all sideloaded apps, no luck
    (I havent delete android apps downloaded from Blackberry world though; i didn't think they could cause the problem since they are released by bb...)

I havent restored anything from previous OSs, downloaded all apps manually and used FIRECHEST and ENPASS for contacts, calendar and passwords..

The accounts worked initially, so i was able to set all my accounts, lucky me. My device is running perfectly, i'm just waiting for THAT moment where you need to reinsert any potential passwords... and then i'm F....
    Otherwise i could go on like this until the official release
    11-18-13 02:45 PM
    Ok, and Hello everyone! I was asked to post this issue/bug in this OS even though it is in at least 2 additional posts. So, here goes. The reason for the post is that it is such a huge issue that no one has the fix for, so therefore it needs to be posted. To save time, forgive me but I am going to cut and paste from one of the other threads, my post and a member's reply. There are many examples of this issue throughout the threads, including my personal thread. Thanks Mecca for looking into this as well for us and thanks to "Andalex" for replying to my post. So here goes:

Originally Posted by go1ndr I have a similar situation but with my car. I have a MBZ 350GLK and I have never had an issue pairing any phone with it, including the nearly 15 or 20 OS upgrades I've installed on my Q10. This one is the exception. I paired it and it worked fine with the car. Stopped the car got out, got back in and had to re-connect/re-pair the phone to the car again. It happened over and over again so I did a ful reload of the OS and wiped the phone, then restored with a clean restore and everything else seems to work but the BT doesn't. Same scenario--anyone with any fix please!!!! I live in CA and bluetooth in a care is mandatory. Thank you.
    PS: I"m going to post this in a thread as well.

"Andalex": "I am experiencing exactly the same problem in my Mercedes ML350. Pairs perfectly, works fine, but once you stop the car, get out and then get back in, the phone will not connect again.

When I press MB Bluetooth in the device list, the message says:
    All the services or this device are currently turned off. Would you like to turn them on in the Device Details page?

I select OK , the Device name shows and the device address but no services are listed that I could turn on/off.

This problem is entire new, I have never experienced it from the first day I had my Z10 STL100-3. Quite a big issue for me...

Otherwise the OS is by far the best I have ever seen on my Z10. Loving it!

Thanks for the developers.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-13 02:56 PM

So I have the same problem, my mms wont work either, reloading the autoloader did work and I did not do a security wipe. So at this point I'm not really sure what to do. I actually had two issues, the mms issue and my BBM bug where I wasn't able to send or receive BBM's. I ran the autoloader, and before I restored I sent a pick to a friend and it showed as sent and I sent a BBM and that also showed as sent.

However after I restored I was unable to do either, so it looks like the only thing I can do is back up text's and emails and not restore at all. All my BBM chats will be lost but I guess that's what has to happen for me to enjoy instagram on my Q10!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-13 03:20 PM
    Don't know if this was posted, but there in an update in BB world (via pc) for bridge to version 3.3.0.22 which has bridge functionality working again on playbook. Note: This update only showed up on pc and not device.
    BlackBerry World has an update, and Bridge just appeared. Someone is taking note...

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000007.png

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg, bungaboy and deuce2290 like this.
    11-18-13 03:28 PM
    It seems all the apps that I installed from amazon app store open successfully but close after about 10 seconds. The one app that I installed from 1Mobile stays open perfectly. Anyone else experiencing this? thank you for any help
    11-18-13 03:30 PM
    im liking 10.2.1 but this build has a lot of bugs and the battery drains FAST!!!

love the new 'numbers' lock screen

doesnt play well with my car though, it uses 'Uconnect' now so I cant view any txts,bbms,etc from the lock-screen... also everytime my car comes on it asks to download the address book but it doesnt seem to save it properly, so it keeps asking everytime, had to turn off bluetooth
    11-18-13 03:35 PM
    im liking 10.2.1 but this build has a lot of bugs and the battery drains FAST!!!

love the new 'numbers' lock screen

doesnt play well with my car though, it uses 'Uconnect' now so I cant view any txts,bbms,etc from the lock-screen... also everytime my car comes on it asks to download the address book but it doesnt seem to save it properly, so it keeps asking everytime, had to turn off bluetooth
    I agree about the fast battery drain. Down about 30% in 3.5 hours with very little use. I refuse to downgrade though due to the number of other enhancements! Hopefully they can get the standby battery usage back to what it was on official 10.2.
    pavan643 likes this.
    11-18-13 03:43 PM
    So I have the same problem, my mms wont work either, reloading the autoloader did work and I did not do a security wipe. So at this point I'm not really sure what to do. I actually had two issues, the mms issue and my BBM bug where I wasn't able to send or receive BBM's. I ran the autoloader, and before I restored I sent a pick to a friend and it showed as sent and I sent a BBM and that also showed as sent.

However after I restored I was unable to do either, so it looks like the only thing I can do is back up text's and emails and not restore at all. All my BBM chats will be lost but I guess that's what has to happen for me to enjoy instagram on my Q10!
    Pretty discouraging.

And strange that the MMS issue would return after a restore (restore app data, settings, or both?). There must be a clue in there as to what is going on--that it's something in a restore that overwrites what the new autoload had put in.

But I think I'm going to wait until a new leak or better yet an official release (long time I know) if I am going to lose everything just to get MMS back--I don't need to get pics that way.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:44 PM
    Let me start by saying this is a very helpful thread.

I had posted a few issues on multiple threads on this leak but not got any positive feedback

My Z is a STL100-1. I backed up to link ran the autoloader swiped the devise and did a complete backup from link as u have 3000+ contacts I can't afford to lose.

Now the observation.

Delete on hub or server,an option I was really waiting for is here. The issue is it only works when you actually open the mail then hit the overflow dots and select delete. If you hit the overflow dots direct from his and delete it deletes from server. It so deletes from server if you do bulk deletes. This needs a fix.

Now the issues I have

1. Unable to add my apple mail. Tried from settings and from hub but get the message unable to add account at this time.

2. Priority calling stopped working. Have it on but don't even get a prompt as I used to earlier.

3. There is no white balance setting in the display settings menu.

Would really appreciate a meaningful response to the above issues.

Posted via CB10
    I'm most certain that your restored backup file corrupted your clean install of OS 1055. I completely understand the need of having your contacts, and you will have to either cloud backup using Google or local backup using the Contact X app.
    I know it might seem frustrating and you may want to do the install the way you've always done, but it's clearly obvious that ANY part of a Link restoration WILL corrupt your device. Here's my Display settings....

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000008.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-18-13 03:46 PM

I'd be interested in knowing if a complete bar file sideload would alleviate any of the problems you're experiencing. Give it a go, and report your findings. It's the only way to eliminate the guessing.
    11-18-13 03:49 PM

Seems as tho, everyone as diff bugs when restoring, some ppl have none. I had one with Quick Settings not even showing up, I narrowed it down to restore of my app data. So I had to deal with loss of game progress with 2 of my games, which is ok when compared to having a properly functioning phone. Mind you I am having an issue with my MMS failing to send, but I can deal with that.

11-18-13 03:51 PM
    I'd be interested in knowing if a complete bar file sideload would alleviate any of the problems you're experiencing. Give it a go, and report your findings. It's the only way to eliminate the guessing.
    You think there would be any specific BAR file that would be looked at first or just throw them all in there? Lol

11-18-13 03:56 PM
    Unfortunately that fix did not work for me. I had to re-install from scratch. Mecca, I do feel that this is a bug you should look into. I am using BES and the only account I had was my mail. I will report back if I get into the same problem. I will not install any of the other app stores, I will only install the apk.s by downloading them to my pc, moving them to the phone and installing it there.

hope someone finds the true cause of this problem and the fix
    Does not matter if they are a side loaded apk or a converted app from BlackBerry World. It's a runtime issue messing up the accounts with certain apps being installed

Sent from my Mind Controlled BerryLeak Hybrid running Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1184 while being the GREATEST
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-13 03:57 PM
617 ... 678910 ...