01-10-14 07:18 AM
617 ... 22232425
tools
    I'm on AT&T and use their MicroCell at home for voice calls. There is no such icon on my screen.
    First time I've ever seen that icon was on Hamsterwheels device. We scratched our heads over it for a few, until I Googled it. She has a Microcell from AT&T, but our area has full LTE. It's like she's in a vortex or something.

Posted via CB10
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    12-01-13 05:37 PM
    I noticed that when I was looking for the leaked o/s. Is it because it has a different CPU or something? What makes this the inferior version?
    Your device isn't inferior in any sense of the word. If I'm not mistaken, it has a superior graphics chip than its STL2-3-4 brethren.
    Your device doesn't support 4G or LTE, and it throttles it's processor, where it's brethren run at 1.5gHz full on (don't quote me on that)
    With that, it's core software is totally different that STL2-3-4. You can benefit from swapping bar files of core apps - BB World, calculator, Maps, etc. - as well as new runtime, due to the fact that leaked software is limited in availability for STL-1 devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:49 PM
    Ah, no LTE. I didn't even notice as I'm using it only on wifi without a sim.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-01-13 05:51 PM
    Thanks, Mecca, very informative. And I agree, now that I understand better what is going on with restored data from an previous OS interfering in subtle and in many cases invisible ways with the performance of the new OS.

Now the question is, what to do "going forward" (a term when used in political discourse annoys me greatly). That is, will the old restored data from, say, 10.2.0.xxxx that is now being used in 10.2.1.xxxx still corrupt a newer version of 10.2.1.yyyy if it is restored?

As with you, the only data that's really important to me, other for than the convenience of not having to re-register various apps, rearrange the desktop icons, etc., is what is in my Settings, especially my memorized predictive text. There seems to be no way to retrieve that information, or to back it up and restore it, because it's encrypted, or so I understand.

So, does this mean that I have to do a clean install with absolutely no restores of anything /every time/ I update an OS, even within the same series? That sort of defeats much of the inherent and historical advantage of BlackBerry, especially as it was set up under BlackBerry OS with the Desktop Manager and selective restores.
    Excellent question!!!! Short answer, NO.

With 10.2.1.1xxx and beyond, as long as no major changes in the OS is evident, backup data from that series should, in theory, maintain its integrity across-the-board.

I'm not saying that my statement is gold, but at least you'll be a bit more vigilant. Is it annoying, having have your VKB relearn predictions...very. Losing bookmarks...sucks. But a screen shot of those settings and places is cheap insurance for a clean, trouble free leak install.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:57 PM
    First time I've ever seen that icon was on Hamsterwheels device. We scratched our heads over it for a few, until I Googled it. She has a Microcell from AT&T, but our area has full LTE. It's like she's in a vortex or something.

Posted via CB10
    I'm speshul

Mecca EL likes this.
    12-01-13 06:19 PM
    Excellent question!!!! Short answer, NO.

With 10.2.1.1xxx and beyond, as long as no major changes in the OS is evident, backup data from that series should, in theory, maintain its integrity across-the-board.

Posted via CB10
    So--now the question is, will the "corruption" in the settings data and/or app data from having restored from 10.2.0.xxxx to 10.2.1.1055 carry over in a backup from 10.2.1.1055 and go on to corrupt the next 10.2.1.xxxx leak? In other words, do you have to do a completely clean install at least once in 10.2.1 before doing any restores, or will 10.2.1.1055 effectively cleanse the old data once restored?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:10 PM
    So--now the question is, will the "corruption" in the settings data and/or app data from having restored from 10.2.0.xxxx to 10.2.1.1055 carry over in a backup from 10.2.1.1055 and go on to corrupt the next 10.2.1.xxxx leak? In other words, do you have to do a completely clean install at least once in 10.2.1 before doing any restores, or will 10.2.1.1055 effectively cleanse the old data once restored?

Posted via CB10
    Data corruption from 10.2.0 onto 1055 can indeed affect future versions.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 09:35 PM
    anyone know how i can access the escreen in .1055? i can't get the unlock code to work. i enter the code and it does nothing..
    12-01-13 09:53 PM
    Data corruption from 10.2.0 onto 1055 can indeed affect future versions.

Posted via CB10
    Guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet next time I install a new leak. Oh well, I'll have to build up the predictive text from scratch. The rest of the stuff won't matter much.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-01-13 09:54 PM
    Finding my carriers settings is certainly easier said than done. I am having no luck sending MMS messages with this update. I am using the Verizon network. After diving into the settings I see options for "APN Settings" and "MMSC Settings". Here are the links to both screens:

Right now, each time I attempt to send MMS, this is what I see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rt14tjobtv...G_00000397.png

Does anyone know the correct settings to input for Verizon (if that is even the problem)? Is it even safe to start manipulating that stuff? It's not a major issue to me but still inconvenient.
    12-01-13 11:19 PM
    Do you know the link to the "MMS issues" thread? I'm experiencing the exact same issue on the same carrier.
    12-01-13 11:24 PM
    Mobile Hotspot problems

Who has both MMS and Mobile Hotspot working? I can't seem to have both.
    I.e I have sorted out my MMS issues but now my Mobile Hotspot doesn't function at all (eg my PC can't locate the BlackBerry Hotspot).......

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 12:42 AM
    Finding my carriers settings is certainly easier said than done. I am having no luck sending MMS messages with this update. I am using the Verizon network. After diving into the settings I see options for "APN Settings" and "MMSC Settings". Here are the links to both screens:

Right now, each time I attempt to send MMS, this is what I see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rt14tjobtv...G_00000397.png

Does anyone know the correct settings to input for Verizon (if that is even the problem)? Is it even safe to start manipulating that stuff? It's not a major issue to me but still inconvenient.
    I was on Verizon too, you can change those settings, however they dont stay. They jump back to a default of "vzwapp" usually. The only fix was to reload the OS without a security wipe. That fixes it.
    12-04-13 10:48 AM
    Hope I'm not rehashing, but during sensor-gate time-frame, I didn't have the sensor issue, but lost my activesync connection. Had to delete and reload the activesync settings. I had noticed previously that Picture password was hidden on my Q10 100-1, but it showed up after I removed activesync settings. I decided to check it out before re-configuring my work account with Activesync.

Now that I've reconfigured Activesync (specifically using the ADVANCED settings and not auto-detect), I'm happy to report that I now can access to both features. Hadn't seen this reported on forums yet. Sorry if I missed it.

Don't want to dig to deep for fear of losing PP as I've already had to replace my Q10 twice over stuck/broken keyboard issues and PP greatly reduces my need to mash the pwd keys repeatedly under IT's short lock policy.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-04-13 02:53 PM
    I'm on AT&T and use their MicroCell at home for voice calls. There is no such icon on my screen.
    Hi Guys! I've been away for a while and just got back on the site-- but I too have an AT&T MicroCell at home and depending on the leaked OS, I believe I have seen that icon before. I'll check when I get home tonight but I know that I've seen it on my phone before. I'll report back later tonight.
    12-04-13 05:58 PM
    Again I thank you Mecca EL,
    I followed your suggestion, took a "breather" and tried again.
    I carefully followed your "recipe" and can report success and great satisfaction with how my Z30 is behaving now.

I wish to offer one detail you may wish to add to your directions.
    I thought I should start with a clean slate before following your plan, so I uninstalled my BB Desktop Software that supported my previous 9850, as well as my BB Link that I installed for the Z30.
    I then started on your steps and discovered (what may have been obvious for you and others) that the OS 10.2.1.1055's autoloader was unable to recognize the USB2 attached Z30 and just quit.
    I "guessed" that I'd need some device driver not included in the autoloader package.
    What you might wish to include in your steps, for those like me, is to start with installing the BB Link software as the first step.
    After that, your instructions worked excellently.

I've since read comments warning against having both BB Desktop and BB Link installed on the same machine. Perhaps you've had experience with that, too.

I also wonder if you would be thought "out of line" to suggest that Adam modify (or at least add a caution re:restore) to his "How to install a leaked OS on BlackBerry 10" post. Others, besides myself, might get led astray and we just don't need any more unnecessary failures to further damage the BB brand/reputation.
    I am totally enjoying my Z30 experience (NOW!) and sincerely hope BlackBerry succeeds in turning itself around.

Thanks again for your guidance,
    JohnF
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-05-13 12:07 AM
    hi everyone ..spent most of morning reading all 20 pages ..No one answered this question with a fix ..
    would appreciate any help for op and myself as i too am experiencing this issue on STL003 on 10.2.1.1055..
    Also proximity light keeps blinking sometimes..
    Clean install by the way..

thanks guys
    bump bump..any help or answer please
    12-05-13 08:45 AM
    did anyone get hotspot to work on .1055 using the escreen method???
    12-05-13 11:35 AM
    Mobile Hotspot problems

Who has both MMS and Mobile Hotspot working? I can't seem to have both.
    I.e I have sorted out my MMS issues but now my Mobile Hotspot doesn't function at all (eg my PC can't locate the BlackBerry Hotspot).......

Posted via CB10
    ive got both of those working. im on tmo with a z10. haven't done anything special though... Also, im guessing its been talked to death, but I had the account problem and realized that it was the newest version of ingress that was causing it.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-05-13 11:49 AM
    first load the OS then do the wipe...do not restore....everything works fine....all the apps....I still had to sideload the google maps bar although....All apps work fine via apk installation.
    Last edited by Chunchun Devani; 12-09-13 at 11:24 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-09-13 07:14 AM
    We all are having much bigger issues, bro..

Wifi won't work, internet tethering won't work, mobile hotspot won't work.
    Tried wipes, and OS reinstalls as per your method and similar methods multiple times. Still no solution, time to downgrade I guess
    It only works on z30 q10 and q5

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:14 AM
    my hotspot on the q10 doesn't work..
    12-10-13 10:10 AM
    So I've been looking for a solution to my Accounts not loading and have yet to find one. I have removed all Android apps, I'm going through the hub to get to the account, I tried rebooting without my sim and SD cards. Any other ideas?
    12-10-13 01:18 PM
    Again I thank you Mecca EL,
    I followed your suggestion, took a "breather" and tried again.
    I carefully followed your "recipe" and can report success and great satisfaction with how my Z30 is behaving now.

I wish to offer one detail you may wish to add to your directions.
    I thought I should start with a clean slate before following your plan, so I uninstalled my BB Desktop Software that supported my previous 9850, as well as my BB Link that I installed for the Z30.
    I then started on your steps and discovered (what may have been obvious for you and others) that the OS 10.2.1.1055's autoloader was unable to recognize the USB2 attached Z30 and just quit.
    I "guessed" that I'd need some device driver not included in the autoloader package.
    What you might wish to include in your steps, for those like me, is to start with installing the BB Link software as the first step.
    After that, your instructions worked excellently.

I've since read comments warning against having both BB Desktop and BB Link installed on the same machine. Perhaps you've had experience with that, too.

I also wonder if you would be thought "out of line" to suggest that Adam modify (or at least add a caution re:restore) to his "How to install a leaked OS on BlackBerry 10" post. Others, besides myself, might get led astray and we just don't need any more unnecessary failures to further damage the BB brand/reputation.
    I am totally enjoying my Z30 experience (NOW!) and sincerely hope BlackBerry succeeds in turning itself around.

Thanks again for your guidance,
    JohnF
    You're welcome, and I'm glad you are finally getting some enjoyment out of OS 1055.
    I'll run your suggestions passed Adam. I do have to add this: my version of an OS instruction does not apply across all OS. My instructions are only for OS 10.2.1.1055. Some of the knowledge shared can be modified for use on future releases, but I know I'll be doing another Tips and Tweaks thread when "QNX10" is leaked.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 01:31 PM
    bump bump..any help or answer please
    It will eventually go away. If I took a guess as to why this is happening, it's calibration of the sensor. Use your phone like you normally do.

Posted via CB10
    angelz9 likes this.
    12-10-13 01:33 PM
617 ... 22232425