01-10-14 08:18 AM
617 ... 2122232425
tools
    After I upgraded Deezer would open and immediately close. I deleted and reinstalled from BW but still the same. Have now installed Android version and it works fine though not as nice.
    Well yes it's working, but only like 1-5 times...after this it will not work anymore :-/ there already is a special Deezer@10.2.1.1055 thread in the android apk section.
    11-27-13 03:30 AM
    This might have been answered already but can't find anything on it but has been confirmed that there is no fix to be able to send and receive group text messages?
    Negative, this has NOT been confirmed. I can send/receive group text msgs.
    11-27-13 03:30 AM
    Would be nice to backup password keeper with out the use of link
    Better option is to install the recent leaked Password Keeper from CB (Not BlackBerry World). Just sideload it over your existing. Once installed you can import and export all your passwords. Does that help?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-27-13 02:22 PM
    Awesome. Thanks Mecca.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 running 10.2.1 on AT&T
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-27-13 02:36 PM
    Awesome job Mecca on thread. You are a credit to this community.
    Mecca EL and KemKev like this.
    11-27-13 03:07 PM
    Just one problem...when i click on the up message shortcut, the message windows will open but i cant write nothing
    Idea?
    11-28-13 01:18 PM
    It doesn't matter if others have restored successfully - which I HIGHLY doubt, it was more like they've wiped/reinstalled the OS again but haven't told that part of the story - the transition from one class of OS to another, the fact that this is a beta OS, and sooooo many other variables, why not afford yourself and your device a clean install?
    Mecca, with regard to this post and your post today on a sort of "orphan thread" on 1055, I think I'm one of the ones who, in the end, did restore successfully from 10.2.0.1083, albeit indirectly.

I originally had all sorts of problems with this leak following both a post-install wipe and a full restore of the 1083 data (settings, app data, and media), mainly with MMS as you recall. But because I didn't want to lose the predictive text in the settings data, and hoped to keep some of the browser data (history, at least), prior to reinstalling this 10.2.1 leak without any wipe either pre- or post- install, I backed up all the data from the defective initial "install + wipe" of this leak. I then reinstalled this leak, made sure MMS was working (it was), and then restored all the backup data from the previous install of this leak.

The data restore did not in any way affect the AT&T MMS--it was and is still working after about a week, and I had none of the "accounts loading" issues, either, even when my Android apps including 1Mobile were installed. Everything else I use is working, too, but I don't use either Facebook or BBM for messaging. One thing I've noticed is that many of the native BB apps open much more slowly than they did in 10.2.0, but that the fewer Android apps I have installed the faster all the rest of the apps work, including the Android apps I still have.

My guess is that the slowdown I and others are experiencing is related to some interaction between the android runtime and the BB apps, and not in any way to having restored either app data or settings data.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-28-13 04:00 PM
    Swipe down and select Settings > Search > Extended and make sure Google is selected

Posted via CB10
    I don't have any search engine options listed to select.

EDIT-- Found the fix that Parental Controls needs to be activated and then switched off for the extended search engines to be listed.
    Last edited by jelp2; 11-28-13 at 07:39 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-28-13 06:48 PM
    OK, so I have found a new icon in the radio bar at the top of the phone. I've never seen this one before: it is right to left of the wifi signal indicator(the little house with a wifi signal emanating from the roof). What does it mean?
    Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000303.png

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 08:55 AM
    My Z10 STL100-1 doesn't have white balance adjuster after the update ToT , please help.
    11-30-13 01:31 PM
    I can only receive group texts but when I reply to one it sends them out as individual texts. If I text multiple people and create a group text it sends everyone an individual text not one in a group. I am not sure why it is not working.

I am using q10 on Verizon.
    11-30-13 11:55 PM
    this is the same case for me.
    I can only receive group texts but when I reply to one it sends them out as individual texts. If I text multiple people and create a group text it sends everyone an individual text not one in a group. I am not sure why it is not working.

I am using q10 on Verizon.
    12-01-13 05:37 AM
    My Z10 STL100-1 doesn't have white balance adjuster after the update ToT , please help.
    We all are having much bigger issues, bro..

Wifi won't work, internet tethering won't work, mobile hotspot won't work.
    Tried wipes, and OS reinstalls as per your method and similar methods multiple times. Still no solution, time to downgrade I guess
    12-01-13 05:57 AM
    OK, so I have found a new icon in the radio bar at the top of the phone. I've never seen this one before: it is right to left of the wifi signal indicator(the little house with a wifi signal emanating from the roof). What does it mean?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000303.png 
Views:	975 
Size:	342.3 KB 
ID:	225664

Posted via CB10
    If you're in an area that your service provider doesn't support, or their signal is weak, that indicator means you or someone in your vicinity has a home network repeater ( I don't know the technical term for it) , which helps extend the range of the carriers network.

Posted via CB10
    blenheimpalace likes this.
    12-01-13 07:07 AM
    Mecca, with regard to this post and your post today on a sort of "orphan thread" on 1055, I think I'm one of the ones who, in the end, did restore successfully from 10.2.0.1083, albeit indirectly.

I originally had all sorts of problems with this leak following both a post-install wipe and a full restore of the 1083 data (settings, app data, and media), mainly with MMS as you recall. But because I didn't want to lose the predictive text in the settings data, and hoped to keep some of the browser data (history, at least), prior to reinstalling this 10.2.1 leak without any wipe either pre- or post- install, I backed up all the data from the defective initial "install + wipe" of this leak. I then reinstalled this leak, made sure MMS was working (it was), and then restored all the backup data from the previous install of this leak.

The data restore did not in any way affect the AT&T MMS--it was and is still working after about a week, and I had none of the "accounts loading" issues, either, even when my Android apps including 1Mobile were installed. Everything else I use is working, too, but I don't use either Facebook or BBM for messaging. One thing I've noticed is that many of the native BB apps open much more slowly than they did in 10.2.0, but that the fewer Android apps I have installed the faster all the rest of the apps work, including the Android apps I still have.

My guess is that the slowdown I and others are experiencing is related to some interaction between the android runtime and the BB apps, and not in any way to having restored either app data or settings data.
    Although I'd like to agree with your observation, there's hard evidence to support my "do NOT restore from a backup" statement.

For example, users coming from a 10.1.xxx os onto any of the 10.2.0.xxx os, couldn't get dark theme contacts to activate. This is because the backup data from 10.1.xxx knew nothing about a dark theme contact. It maintained the integrity of the only data it knew. It wasn't until folks, including myself, stopped restoring settings data - that was ALL I restored - that dark themed control was capable in contacts.

The purpose of a backup is to maintain data integrity, and Link does that well. But you cannot successfully restore the image of past data onto the image of differently functioning OS. There will be problems. Would you use XP data over a Win8.1 clean install?

And although it appears that there's no "problem", it's in the places you don't look, that backup data is causing conflicts. Slow response, transitional delays, and any number of "overlookable" occurrences that most would chalk up as " leak glitches".

I've had every single problem that most everyone here is describing. Purposely created problems, just so I would know what solution worked best for my device. All devices are not exactly the same, but it's pretty easy to troubleshoot an OS. 10.2.1.1055 is not like previous OS. It's finicky. Pet her the way she likes it, and she'll do amazing things.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:31 AM
    I side loaded 10.2.1.1055. My native music player does not work. I can play the music from file folder. Can anybody suggest a solution.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 09:17 AM
    I side loaded 10.2.1.1055. My native music player does not work. I can play the music from file folder. Can anybody suggest a solution.

Posted via CB10
    There's the problem, you side loaded 1055 instead of using the autoloader.

J/K

What happens when you start the music app?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 09:42 AM
    I also had an issue with music playback after installing 10.2.1.1055 on my STL100-1. I had to install that sys.airtunes-10.200.1.23.bar in order to get it working. I installed 10.2.1 via the .exe for whatever that's worth. I'm a total newb on BB and the Z10 as I just got it gifted to me yesterday so I'm just learning all this stuff.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-01-13 09:51 AM
    I also had an issue with music playback after installing 10.2.1.1055 on my STL100-1. I had to install that sys.airtunes-10.200.1.23.bar in order to get it working. I installed 10.2.1 via the .exe for whatever that's worth. I'm a total newb on BB and the Z10 as I just got it gifted to me yesterday so I'm just learning all this stuff.
    Welcome to CB and BB. STL-1 devices are sort of the black sheep Z10, due to differences in hardware and software. But with tweaks to the OS, you can have a nice performing device. Thanks for your input.
    12-01-13 11:36 AM
    Welcome to CB and BB. STL-1 devices are sort of the black sheep Z10, due to differences in hardware and software. But with tweaks to the OS, you can have a nice performing device. Thanks for your input.
    I noticed that when I was looking for the leaked o/s. Is it because it has a different CPU or something? What makes this the inferior version?
    12-01-13 11:38 AM
    If you're in an area that your service provider doesn't support, or their signal is weak, that indicator means you or someone in your vicinity has a home network repeater ( I don't know the technical term for it) , which helps extend the range of the carriers network.

Posted via CB10
    that's interesting because I actually HAVE one of those repeater signal booster devices in my home, yet have never seen this icon. I was up in another state yesterday when I got it, so I wonder if it has something to do with a different cell network along with the repeater device you speak of. thanks for the quick reply! you are always so helpful!
    12-01-13 01:43 PM
    that's interesting because I actually HAVE one of those repeater signal booster devices in my home, yet have never seen this icon. I was up in another state yesterday when I got it, so I wonder if it has something to do with a different cell network along with the repeater device you speak of. thanks for the quick reply! you are always so helpful!
    I'm on AT&T and use their MicroCell at home for voice calls. There is no such icon on my screen.
    12-01-13 01:53 PM
    Although I'd like to agree with your observation, there's hard evidence to support my "do NOT restore from a backup" statement.

For example, users coming from a 10.1.xxx os onto any of the 10.2.0.xxx os, couldn't get dark theme contacts to activate. This is because the backup data from 10.1.xxx knew nothing about a dark theme contact. It maintained the integrity of the only data it knew. It wasn't until folks, including myself, stopped restoring settings data - that was ALL I restored - that dark themed control was capable in contacts.

The purpose of a backup is to maintain data integrity, and Link does that well. But you cannot successfully restore the image of past data onto the image of differently functioning OS. There will be problems. Would you use XP data over a Win8.1 clean install?

And although it appears that there's no "problem", it's in the places you don't look, that backup data is causing conflicts. Slow response, transitional delays, and any number of "overlookable" occurrences that most would chalk up as " leak glitches".

I've had every single problem that most everyone here is describing. Purposely created problems, just so I would know what solution worked best for my device. All devices are not exactly the same, but it's pretty easy to troubleshoot an OS. 10.2.1.1055 is not like previous OS. It's finicky. Pet her the way she likes it, and she'll do amazing things.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, Mecca, very informative. And I agree, now that I understand better what is going on with restored data from an previous OS interfering in subtle and in many cases invisible ways with the performance of the new OS.

Now the question is, what to do "going forward" (a term when used in political discourse annoys me greatly). That is, will the old restored data from, say, 10.2.0.xxxx that is now being used in 10.2.1.xxxx still corrupt a newer version of 10.2.1.yyyy if it is restored?

As with you, the only data that's really important to me, other for than the convenience of not having to re-register various apps, rearrange the desktop icons, etc., is what is in my Settings, especially my memorized predictive text. There seems to be no way to retrieve that information, or to back it up and restore it, because it's encrypted, or so I understand.

So, does this mean that I have to do a clean install with absolutely no restores of anything /every time/ I update an OS, even within the same series? That sort of defeats much of the inherent and historical advantage of BlackBerry, especially as it was set up under BlackBerry OS with the Desktop Manager and selective restores.
    12-01-13 02:08 PM
    So.. I have no BBM. The blackberry icon has vanished beside my signal strength and I get "No BlackBerry Data. BBM is unable to connect ot he server. Please try again later."\

Anyone know how to fix this?

So far I've tried reinstalling several times. Reinstalling with SIM and SD card out, and setting everything up on wifi. Holding volume keys up and and down until restart (with every permutation of sim/sd card).

STL100-3. No luck =\

Thanks!
    12-01-13 04:57 PM
    I just downgraded to carrier build. It's a good OS but way too many bugs.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 04:59 PM
617 ... 2122232425