01-10-14 07:18 AM
617 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    What does your mobile networks screen look like? Is this install with or without a security wipe? If no wipe, you should have a greyed out "phone" under mobile networks with no option to enter anything. Otherwise, just put in phone and try to save it.

Attachment 223317

Posted via CB10
    That's the exact setting i have, but without the security wipe. And, no, the option isn't greyed out under mobile networks. The 'phone' is there, but I can make changes.

I did a reboot without the sim and made note of the settings - observed that it's the same as the one you have in you screenshot - rebooted and made sure to input same settings, but still MMS fails.

Guess I'll have to try the reload without the security wipe..... or maybe wait for the next leak which should be imminent....I hope.
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    11-22-13 11:48 AM
    Screnshots:

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_20131123.png

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_20131124.png

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_20131125.png

Posted via CB10
    D.Sandman likes this.
    11-22-13 11:52 AM
    I did understand that Ken.. and that's where I was beginning to wonder, cause I have the "phone"listed and grayed out, no ability to access the advanced settings but I get my mms. I did not restore and I did not wipe.
    I was just trying to put a few pieces of a puzzle together that's all, To Maybe try and find a solution or prevention

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:57 AM
    That's the exact setting i have, but without the security wipe. And, no, the option isn't greyed out under mobile networks. The 'phone' is there, but I can make changes.

I did a reboot without the sim and made note of the settings - observed that it's the same as the one you have in you screenshot - rebooted and made sure to input same settings, but still MMS fails.

Guess I'll have to try the reload without the security wipe..... or maybe wait for the next leak which should be imminent....I hope.
    OK--what you've written is very clear.

Apparently the screens are inconsistent, even with an install without a wipe, which you have apparently done. Some people say that a restore of App Data and/or Settings (Media settings can always be restored) from a previous build will knock out MMS even with an install without a wipe. I don't know if that's the case. In my own situation, I did a reinstall of 1055, no wipe, and a complete data restore, but the restore was from a backup of everything wi 1055 installed. In other words, it could be a restore of data from previous OS builds rather than a restore of data from 1055 itself, even when the 1055 wasn't giving you MMS.

There are just too many variables here to sort it all out. In your case I would suggest doing a reinstall of this leak or wait until the next one, and before restoring any data see whether MMS is working (you'll still probably have to put in the text APN settings), then do a restore if you want and see if it is still working. If not, just do another reinstall with no wipe, no restore. Do all this before spending time on reconfiguring all the email accounts, arranging the icons on the screens, etc.

It was never supposed to work this way or be so complicated, but as I said earlier, there have been MMS problems reported from time to time even before any OS 10 came out.
    Josh_Gooner likes this.
    11-22-13 12:02 PM
    I did understand that Ken.. and that's where I was beginning to wonder, cause I have the "phone"listed and grayed out, no ability to access the advanced settings but I get my mms. I did not restore and I did not wipe.
    I was just trying to put a few pieces of a puzzle together that's all, To Maybe try and find a solution or prevention

Posted via CB10
    I didn't mean to imply that you didn't understand--I was just trying to write what I know about it, and what I don't know.

From Josh-Gooner's posts and my subsequent posts, it's apparent that there is no consistent logic to this whole thing, other than that with this build, and especially with a wipe and possibly with a restore, MMS is going to be problematic with AT&T and with Verizon.

I would say it's all just part of the BlackBerry experience, but in checking around the 'net even some people with iPhones have had MMS problems.
    mopar_fxr likes this.
    11-22-13 12:10 PM
    I didn't mean to imply that you didn't understand--I was just trying to write what I know about it, and what I don't know.

From Josh-Gooner's posts and my subsequent posts, it's apparent that there is no consistent logic to this whole thing, other than that with this build, and especially with a wipe and possibly with a restore, MMS is going to be problematic with AT&T and with Verizon.

I would say it's all just part of the BlackBerry experience, but in checking around the 'net even some people with iPhones have had MMS problems.
    oh I didnt take it that way, and even if I did... anything in here is with a grain of salt.
    I do appreciate what you have contributed though, it has helped me get a friends mms back.
    but my downfall of being a mechanic is wanting to fix everything and know why it was broke
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-22-13 12:37 PM
    Can anybody give me a link to install OS 10.2.1055 on the Q5?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 12:40 PM
    Can anybody give me a link to install OS 10.2.1055 on the Q5?
    Here you go. Just scroll down in the opening post (OP) for the correct link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-873653/
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-22-13 12:47 PM
    Best battery so far
    Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000002.png

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    11-22-13 01:04 PM
    I then put in the APN settings with MMSC Address: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net and Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net:80 , and now I get MMS without a problem.
    Here is the answer I've been searching for, for others in the same position. This fixed the MMS issue for me, without doing all the fancy wiping, downgrading, reinstalling stuff. Just input those settings and you're good. The ones for those two lines that are posted on "TheUnlockr" website don't work.
    11-22-13 02:40 PM
    Here is the answer I've been searching for, for others in the same position. This fixed the MMS issue for me, without doing all the fancy wiping, downgrading, reinstalling stuff. Just input those settings and you're good. The ones for those two lines that are posted on "TheUnlockr" website don't work.
    The problem is that some people haven't been able to enter and save these settings on a phone in which a security wipe has been run after the install of the leak.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 03:01 PM
    I had the mms issue also for t-mobile. I found this solution online. No problems now.
    Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_20131572.png
    Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_20131573.png

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-22-13 10:20 PM
    First and foremost, Mecca, U DA MAN! It's really such a simple concept that evades most people's logic. Curiously. Instant Gratification is an amazing thing innit?

Rest deleted from shame

Post left on to proclaim Mecca's awesomeness

I've deleted my post on the other 1055 threads, to avoid cross-posting, and read every page of this, the original, and Freeze's thread, and not finding much except to reload, w/o wipiing. So here's hoping someone answers with something simple

EDIT - died sometime between 1350 & 1642 hrs today.

EDIT 2 - I'M A COMPLETE DUFUS, a simple hard reset fixed it.
    Last edited by TSY#CB; 11-22-13 at 11:30 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-22-13 10:38 PM
    First and foremost, Mecca, U DA MAN! It's really such a simple concept that evades most people's logic. Curiously. Instant Gratification is an amazing thing innit?

OK, so here's my first issue EVER, after countless leaks.....BBM just up and died on me. Loaded 1055 over last weekend, and BBM was fine (no I don't do channels, and don't have any Android apps loaded) until sometime in the last 24 odd hours. I now can neither send nor receive BBMs. Don't know how to stop / restart a core app like BBM. Should I sideload the bar over it? Same bar from 1055? Or earlier. It's nothing fancy, I don't have channels or groups etc, just simple texting via BBM. Which I no longer can do.

And before anyone asks, yes, I restored from Link as it's never failed. Now there's likely something to be said for the fact that I don't really push the limits on the OS.

I've deleted my post on the other 1055 threads, to avoid cross-posting, and read every page of this, the original, and Freeze's thread, and not finding much except to reload, w/o wipiing. So here's hoping someone answers with something simple
    try sideload the bbm first bro

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1120
    11-22-13 10:46 PM

OK, so here's my first issue EVER, after countless leaks.....BBM just up and died on me. Loaded 1055 over last weekend, and BBM was fine (no I don't do channels, and don't have any Android apps loaded) until sometime in the last 24 odd hours. I now can neither send nor receive BBMs. Don't know how to stop / restart a core app like BBM. Should I sideload the bar over it? Same bar from 1055? Or earlier. It's nothing fancy, I don't have channels or groups etc, just simple texting via BBM. Which I no longer can do.

And before anyone asks, yes, I restored from Link as it's never failed. Now there's likely something to be said for the fact that I don't really push the limits on the OS.

try sideload the bbm first bro no matter from this os or previous os as long for 10.2.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    11-22-13 10:48 PM
    try sideload the bbm first bro no matter from this os or previous os as long for 10.2.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Darn, hoping that deleting most of the original text would avoid mortification, but my idiocy will remain now far all to see, thanks usman, lol ;P
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-22-13 11:53 PM
    My 'picture password' stupidity.

Not sure if this has been discussed bit thought I'd share anyway. I tried using picture password on 10.2.1.1055 and had issues, always took several attempts to get the number in the right place on the picture to unlock. Reason I had issues was I placed my finger on the number I selected and tried to navigate to the correct spot on the picture but because my finger was in the way I couldn't always see to get the picture in the right spot. Turns out it works much better if you place your finger somewhere else on the screen (not on the number you selected) and then slide the screen around until the appropriate number is in the right place. Much easier to locate the number in the right place when your finger isn't covering it up and in the way. Not sure why it took my two days to figure that out, it should have been obvious, I was just to fixated on using my finger to 'select' the right number. Way dumb on my part.

Posted via Z10 STL100-4 v10.2.0.1791
    Yeah I don't like it. To finicky for me. Much faster to have a four digit PIN and enable simple password. It's not like a thief is going to guess the PIN in 10 tries. Of course if someone observed you enough entering the PIN... bah I don't like the picture password thing as implemented.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 01:59 AM
    oh I didnt take it that way, and even if I did... anything in here is with a grain of salt.
    I do appreciate what you have contributed though, it has helped me get a friends mms back.
    but my downfall of being a mechanic is wanting to fix everything and know why it was broke
    I have to disagree with you here...
    The downfall of being a mechanic is not being born with a second pair of arms.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 08:25 AM
    Hi Mecca!
    I don't have the time to read through all pages to see if it has been covered already (and reminded a bit late of this thread, sorry).
    I've covered the issue with image password for O365/Exchange (ActiveSync) auto turning off in another thread. [This is server-side]
    Would you find it useful, just copy/paste it here (it's a bit long, maybe).
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...e-sync-877068/
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-23-13 09:05 AM
    Not sure if this has been posted about but I just found this cool slider pop-up while looking through some pictures and videos files. It activates when you start moving the screen up and down.

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000841.png

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Anilu7 like this.
    11-23-13 09:13 AM
    Not sure if this has been posted about but I just found this cool slider pop-up while looking through some pictures and videos files. It activates when you start moving the screen up and down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000841.png 
Views:	911 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	223576

Posted via CB10
    A few months old, but thanks for posting

Posted via CB10
    ricocan likes this.
    11-23-13 09:36 AM
    Best battery so far
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000002.png 
Views:	1272 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	223360

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. So far, best for me.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-23-13 12:20 PM
    I've heard about the pinch in the Hub but can't get it to work. Also the slide right then up and down to select the next/previous email isn't working now. It did work on 10.2.0.424. Anyone else find this? On leaked 10.2.1.1055 with only restore Media. Two Android apks - Mobile Nations and ReSound Control.
    11-23-13 11:16 PM
    What exactly is pinch in hub what dies it do. Can't seem to make it work for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 11:38 AM
    What exactly is pinch in hub what dies it do. Can't seem to make it work for me.

Posted via CB10
    Allows pre-defined actions in the hub as ex: display unread messages only.
    Setup in the hub / display and actions, third combo. Search for a blog entry by DJ Reyes something like a week ago.

Works fine for me in 10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 01:23 PM
617 ... 1920212223 ...