01-10-14 07:18 AM
617 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    Hello, anyone?

Attachment 223084

?Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    Not sure if it will fix your contact issue. But my contact works fine..

Contact bar file

https://mega.co.nz/#!vBQyjJiC!SKg1SW...8360bD1gU6GIQQ
    Mecca EL and gusmuh like this.
    11-21-13 04:42 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it a try now, and let you know.

it's from the .1055?

Not sure if it will fix your contact issue. But my contact works fine..

Contact bar file

https://mega.co.nz/#!vBQyjJiC!SKg1SW...8360bD1gU6GIQQ

?Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    mhhH4RI likes this.
    11-21-13 05:29 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it a try now, and let you know.

it's from the .1055?

?Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    Yes it's from 10.2.1.1055. Good luck..
    bb_uzer likes this.
    11-21-13 05:43 PM
    Okay, I installed the bar, but it does not overwrite the contact data. Trying one m ore time with Contact X, and if nothing happens, I'll have to transfer all my passwords, and do fresh install.

Thank you.

Yes it's from 10.2.1.1055. Good luck..
    11-21-13 05:55 PM
    Okay, I installed the bar, but it does not overwrite the contact data. Trying one m ore time with Contact X, and if nothing happens, I'll have to transfer all my passwords, and do fresh install.

Thank you.
    Have you restarted device after loaded contact bar file ? worth to try.
    11-21-13 06:10 PM
    Yes, but the darn contacts seem to be backed into the system.
    Thanks anyway.

Have you restarted device after loaded contact bar file ? worth to try.
    11-21-13 06:17 PM
    I think you've hit on the answer. I compared my AT&T setting for proxy url, which is proxy.mobile.att.net:80, and that fits with what you are saying.

Jaydee seem to have a more difficult issue, which is that the APNs don't save. I thought maybe that if she got the correct settings in place then they would save, but in my case, even the wrong settings would save, they just wouldn't work.

Unfortunately, I don't think Jaydee has any choice but to reinstall 1055 if she wants MMS to work on her phone. The question for her is whether it is worth the trouble, or just wait for the next, presumably improved, leak, whenever that will be.
    Yes that's exactly it! I tried all those settings. We now.know what I have to do. I will wait foe.the next leak and then skip the wipe. Thansk for your help guys !!!!! You guys are great!!!

Posted from my white Z10. HTTR
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    11-21-13 06:38 PM
    Yes that's exactly it! I tried all those settings. We now.know what I have to do. I will wait foe.the next leak and then skip the wipe. Thansk for your help guys !!!!! You guys are great!!!

Posted from my white Z10. HTTR
    Jaydee, did you see my subsequent post? I'll paste it here. Did you try calling *228 from your phone? I don't know what if anything will happen, but someone said it worked for them in terms of getting the APN reset.

------------------------------

One additional thought on the MMS issue for Verizon--I just saw this on another thread.

Leaked 10.2.1 mms issues...

"Isn't *228 or something like that supposed to fix this problem [on Verizon]?"

Elsewhere it says to send *228 and then select options 1 and/or 2, whatever that means. I have no way of testing this, being on AT&T.

Someone said they tried it and it worked. Certainly couldn't hurt to try.

-----------------------------
    11-21-13 08:49 PM
    Jaydee, did you see my subsequent post? I'll paste it here. Did you try calling *228 from your phone? I don't know what if anything will happen, but someone said it worked for them in terms of getting the APN reset.

------------------------------

One additional thought on the MMS issue for Verizon--I just saw this on another thread.

Leaked 10.2.1 mms issues...

"Isn't *228 or something like that supposed to fix this problem [on Verizon]?"

Elsewhere it says to send *228 and then select options 1 and/or 2, whatever that means. I have no way of testing this, being on AT&T.

Someone said they tried it and it worked. Certainly couldn't hurt to try.

-----------------------------
    If *228 does anything it would have to be a coincidence. Dialing *228 with Verizon is how you activate or change the roaming capabilities on older 3g models.

Example:
    A) Switch from Q10 to Z10. Just swap the SIM card.

B) Switch from Q10 back to Bold 9930. Turn off Q10. Turn on 9930 and dial *228 to activate it.

I'm pretty sure if dial *228 from a Verizon 4gLTE phone it gives an voice error message.

Posted with my Q10 or my Z10 on VZW from Philly
    11-21-13 09:49 PM
    If *228 does anything it would have to be a coincidence. Dialing *228 with Verizon is how you activate or change the roaming capabilities on older 3g models.

Example:
    A) Switch from Q10 to Z10. Just swap the SIM card.

B) Switch from Q10 back to Bold 9930. Turn off Q10. Turn on 9930 and dial *228 to activate it.

I'm pretty sure if dial *228 from a Verizon 4gLTE phone it gives an voice error message.

Posted with my Q10 or my Z10 on VZW from Philly
    I suspect you're entirely correct. The post I read was probably from someone with 3G, not 4GLte. The MMS and APN issues do predate OS 10.2.1.xxxx, though.

It was sort of a last ditch measure on my part, harmless at least, and easy to do. The whole thing still seems strange to me.
    11-21-13 10:06 PM
    How do I do a Hard Reboot on Z10?
    What I did:
    Removed Sim card & SD Card=>Restart=>Airplane Mode=>Auto Loader=>Restarted (by default)=>WIFI Working=>Minimum Setup=>Security Wipe=>Restart=>WIFI Available=>Setup BBID and All Accounts=>Reinstalled all Apps with WIFI connection=>Shut Down=>Installed Sim card and Sd Card=>Power UP=>WIFI Disappears-Does not Scan WIFI spots-tethering not working-Hotspot not working-Direct APK Files not installing (Tried Google Map)-Downgraded to OS 10.2.0.424.

Worked Beautifully: Hub,All Apps,Nice BBM..Basically all other features...!!!

IF the above WIFI and Network Problem had worked, this LEAK would have been an OFFICIAL RELEASE..!!

Regards
    Vikram
    11-21-13 11:20 PM
    you can go to mobile network and turn off data service

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.123456789
    It's clear, but toggle must be more useful (=

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 12:01 AM
    hearing through the grapevine here... NOT confirmed OR denied...
    common denominator with the att mms and verizon vvm issues lurks within security wipe. I am seeing this being brought up for a random amount of people who have NOT wiped and have no issues, and those who are having issues DID wipe before or after 1055 install.
    anyone with or without those issues on either carrier care to raise a hand and say yea or neigh?
    again.. SPECULATION not hard truth here.
    also, may lead to something about this new cfp file?? since it (last I checked yesterday, been busy) may have something to do with a new "way" of loading the os.
    thank you for input everyone. more of a curiosity to hopefully help others.
    11-22-13 01:30 AM
    Thank you for the attention. As I see there is no Bulgarian option. Could you check please, what are the options under the (Russian)Руский.
    Now there is only "ru". I will appreciate your help.
    11-22-13 03:12 AM
    Attachment 223013
    Attachment 223014

q10sqn100-3/10.2.1.123456789
    Thank you for the attention. As I see there is no Bulgarian option. Could you check please, what are the options under the (Russian)Руский.
    Now there is only "ru". I will appreciate your help.
    11-22-13 03:14 AM
    Hi,
    I updated to the recent leak 10.2.1.1055. I'm able to download apk apps, but there is a problem with Google apps, like search or maps.. I cannot connect to my Google account. Their is simply no popup that shows up when I click on the screen. Is there a way to bypass that issue? Will it be fixed in a future BlackBerry leak?

Thanks for answering!
    11-22-13 06:21 AM
    Is priority calling working for STL100-1 users on the leak.

Was working on the last leak but not on this one for me.

Any comments. Have asked twice already but no reply.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 08:42 AM
    i have installed this update n device monitor, alarm, bedside mode aren't working. when i click on them thy just don't work.
    11-22-13 08:46 AM
    Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000041.png
    Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000042.png

q10sqn100-3/10.2.1.1120
    11-22-13 09:03 AM
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get into root stuff on Blackberry like on Android. I'm looking to have the toast notification time extended...by the time I want to hit reply to a text, etc...it has already disappeared and I have to actually go to the hub. I would like to change the time value to infinite or something. Or is that some programming that can't be done on the consumer end? Thanks.
    11-22-13 09:13 AM
    hearing through the grapevine here... NOT confirmed OR denied...
    common denominator with the att mms and verizon vvm issues lurks within security wipe. I am seeing this being brought up for a random amount of people who have NOT wiped and have no issues, and those who are having issues DID wipe before or after 1055 install.
    anyone with or without those issues on either carrier care to raise a hand and say yea or neigh?
    again.. SPECULATION not hard truth here.
    also, may lead to something about this new cfp file?? since it (last I checked yesterday, been busy) may have something to do with a new "way" of loading the os.
    thank you for input everyone. more of a curiosity to hopefully help others.
    I'll try to be as clear and factual as possible here with regard to the MMS-APN problem. It is an incomplete answer, I know.

I am on AT&T, Z10-100-3.

1. When I initially installed this leak, I did a security wipe after the install, and restored all my data. I could not get the MMS to work. BUT, and this is important, I DID NOT yet have the correct APN codes for AT&T, that is, the url with the :80 appended to it. Therefore, it is impossible for me to say whether the correct codes could have been used in both the Mobile Network field (all of which was "fillable") and in the text-settings-advanced-APN fields and would have worked. As I recall, the codes I entered, that is, the incorrect ones, did save (as opposed to the experience of Jaydee who is on Verizon and who had also installed with a security wipe after), but it didn't matter, because they were the wrong codes.

2. I then reinstalled the leak, did NOT do a security leak, restored all the data, and when I went to the Mobile Network APN field, there was one line, greyed out, with the word "phone" in it, and no way to enter anything. I then went to the text-settings-advanced-APN fields. These were initially all blank and fillable, and everything I entered would save, but it wasn't until I entered the correct MMSC and proxy url, that is, the one with the port :80 appended, that I was able to send and receive MMS.

From the posts by others here it isn't clear (to me) whether it is possible to enter and save the correct codes in both the Mobile Network and text-settings fields and have them work in an installation of this leak in which a post-install security wipe has been done, or whether it is simply necessary to reinstall the leak without the security wipe to make MMS work at all.

Sorry for the length and repetitiveness, but as I've said before, the devil is in the smallest of details. And we also don't know why this particular version of OS 10, autoloader, has caused a problem that we haven't seen much of with previous 10.2.0 and 10.2.1 leaks. The MMS issue has been reported in the past, long before OS 10, and it always has had something to do with entering the proper APN codes.

Given that this leak is working now for me with few or no issues in the things I depend on for my on personal use, I am inclined not to upgrade further until a side-loadable official version of 10.2.1.xxxx is released. I suspect that won't be too long, although the Chicago Cubs may well have won the World Series by then.
    mopar_fxr likes this.
    11-22-13 09:44 AM
    Sweet!

#IChooseBlackBerry10 | Posted via My BlackBerry Q10 (SQN 100-3 v.10.2.0.415) - Powered by Globe Telecom Philippines
    11-22-13 09:50 AM
    I have tried a few of the APN/MMS settings posted here for AT&T on my stl100-3, all to no avail.

Would someone with a working APN/MMS setting, on said network, be so kind to post screenshots?
    11-22-13 10:26 AM
    "Show what I'm listening to" does not turn on on the Z10. When I turn it on it goes back to the off position. Any fix?

Posted via CB10
    hi everyone ..spent most of morning reading all 20 pages ..No one answered this question with a fix ..
    would appreciate any help for op and myself as i too am experiencing this issue on STL003 on 10.2.1.1055..
    Also proximity light keeps blinking sometimes..
    Clean install by the way..

thanks guys
    11-22-13 10:30 AM
    I have tried a few of the APN/MMS settings posted here for AT&T on my stl100-3, all to no avail.

Would someone with a working APN/MMS setting, on said network, be so kind to post screenshots?
    What does your mobile networks screen look like? Is this install with or without a security wipe? If no wipe, you should have a greyed out "phone" under mobile networks with no option to enter anything. Otherwise, just put in phone and try to save it.

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_20130817.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KenV54; 11-22-13 at 11:02 AM.
    11-22-13 10:42 AM
617 ... 1819202122 ...