01-10-14 07:18 AM
617 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Totally agree on the battery drain. I am a heavy user and having to charge 3 times in a day now. I charge to 100% at night and by the time i wake up, my Z10 (STL100-1) is already dead. But the features in 10.2.1 are too good to revert to 10.2
    Does running Android apk's drain battery faster on this leak than on Android devices? I ran an Android app with only WiFi on (no SIM card) but not picking up and using the phone. It drained at a horrific rate - in three hours it went from 96% to 8%. The app was connected via Bluetooth to outside accessories but the accessories were not being used. Basically the only thing going on was the Bluetooth connection.
    11-19-13 12:24 PM
    Mecca The Magnificent!

(Z10 STL100-3) I've downloaded updates, updated downloads, upgraded uploads ( ok, maybe that's a little dramatic)
    I've installed every new "leak" that the Team has given us. In each case, download time averaged 12 minutes , install time averaged 18 minutes, I restored all but "settings" and have NEVER had any issues with my device.
    With this OS, I went through the usual process and again, not one issue.

My concern is that I'm not experiencing any of the problems that others are having.
    I wanna fit in and be a team player, so What Am I Doing Wrong??
    Also.... I have never done a security wipe.
    Is it really necessary?(that's the question)

I know it's here somewhere but I've been busy on other threads Causing Controversy and Clouding The Issues, wherever and whenever needed (and there's a lot of need for that here) and found that there's an overwhelming number of people with "Lazy Reader Syndrome." It's running rampant throughout the entire community.

You've managed to continue to avoid any symptoms of LRS on this thread and again, I applaud you!
    So now, I need you to don your CrackBerry Disguise and join me in the Cracked Mobile so we may fight this disorder together. And, because of the time difference, You can have the Berry Mobile to do your work. We'll fight back this Cancer.we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,

WOW!
    makes you want to sing!
    Altogether! We Will, We Will Rock You.....

OK. Way to much caffeine this morning!

Hey! Group Hug!

...end of rant!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 12:27 PM
    That's what I was saying. I did try to run a "native" android app from BB-World first and that app would not run either. It would get to roughly 70% on the loading progress bar and then force close.
    sorry, when I saw you say and android app from file manager I thought you were speaking of sideloads.
    I normally just run poynt off the get go and let it take its 5-10 mins and good after that. But if opening an app from the home screen isnt going, maybe you got a bad runtime file? maybe a bad download. I had a bad one this leak. I wound up taking one of the q autoloaders and splitting it and making my own z autoloader to get one to work properly for me.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 12:32 PM
    Haven't seen this in the thread - I took a couple of screen shots today and the pics are blurry. What's this about?
    11-19-13 12:46 PM
    sorry, when I saw you say and android app from file manager I thought you were speaking of sideloads.
    I normally just run poynt off the get go and let it take its 5-10 mins and good after that. But if opening an app from the home screen isnt going, maybe you got a bad runtime file? maybe a bad download. I had a bad one this leak. I wound up taking one of the q autoloaders and splitting it and making my own z autoloader to get one to work properly for me.
    Hmm, may be. I'm not sure. I tried running the Skype app from BB-world and it won't go. Just force closes at about 70%. Wish I could figure this one out, looking like I'm going back to 10.2.0.
    11-19-13 01:41 PM
    FYI I finally figured out how to send MMS on Tmobile with the 1055 leak. If anyone needs help with it here is a snap shot of my text settings

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000040.png

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000039.png

Hope this helps!

Still haven't figured out how to get BBM working though.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 02:45 PM
    Well, ultimately I decided to go back to official and try to start completely over since I never could get to the bottom of my issue. What shocked me was, after I did a complete wipe and let the phone set itself back up, it has 10.2.1.176 on it, so I don't guess I actually need this version since the official already has the stuff I was after.

Yay me!
    11-19-13 02:58 PM
    I don't have white balance setting in display setting . I tried to wipe the device for twice , reload software blah blah but still . any solution for this? I want to try that function so bad...

Ahh My Z10 STL100-1 could switch to dark theme in setting page or not?
    11-19-13 03:10 PM
    Well, ultimately I decided to go back to official and try to start completely over since I never could get to the bottom of my issue. What shocked me was, after I did a complete wipe and let the phone set itself back up, it has 10.2.1.176 on it, so I don't guess I actually need this version since the official already has the stuff I was after.

Yay me!
    Is it possible you just did a reset and not a reload? On link the reload is in the help menu.
    11-19-13 03:19 PM
    I must admit that this leak, while feature rich, has been a challenge. I've had the Accounts problem (solved earlier by deleting an Android app) and the SMS/MMS issue, which no amount of APN tweaking could resolve

So today I did a reinstall using the basic steps recommended by Mecca EL, with some modifications. I did not wipe after the install. I restored settings and media first, then loaded in my APKs, then did an App Data restore. This time I had no accounts loading issue, and I think the MMS will be working because there is a fixed APN in my AT&T mobile network settings, and nothing I can input. Prior to the reinstall the Mobile network advanced APN field had permitted me to input parameters, even though that didn't solve the MMS problem.

Here are a couple things I've learned:

The App data restore did no harm (to me, anyway, this time), but unlike 10.2.0.xxxx, even if you load in the Android apps prior to the restore, you have to reload them after the restore, and the browser keeps history but not bookmarks.

To clarify, with the Android apps, in 10.2.0.xxxx you would have to load in the bars before an app data restore, the Android apps would still be there after restoring and would have the data associated with them also restored. With 10.2.1.1055, preloading the Androids by installing APK files doesn't help--they aren't there after an App data restore, and of course there is no Android data restored.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 03:52 PM
    Haven't seen this in the thread - I took a couple of screen shots today and the pics are blurry. What's this about?
    I recall two STL -1 users bringing this up early in this thread, or something similar camera-wise. Can you upload the images of your screen shots please?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:14 PM
    This is a followup on the MMS problem on AT&T:

After reinstalling 1055, I still didn't have MMS.

Turns out that while the Mobile Network APN is filled in automatically with "phone", you still have to manually enter the APN settings under the text settings. And the page with all the APN settings is wrong--the Proxy address is missing a :80.

When I first installed 1055--never had a problem with the 10.2.0.xxxx leaks--I had done a security wipe first, and that knocked out my Mobile Network APN settings, but left blank fields for me to enter them, which I did. then I entered the MMS APN settings but could never get it to work.

The problem apparently was that instead of "Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net:80" I had only "Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net" which is what the info sheet gave as the proxy settings for AT&T.

I ended up doing a complete reinstall of 1055, but no security wipe, and then the Mobile Network for AT&T already had the APN filled in--only the word "phone", and I couldn't enter anything else.

Again I went to the MMS settings APN and entered the "Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net" without the :80 after it--and no go.

I then put in the APN settings with MMSC Address: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net and Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net:80 , and now I get MMS without a problem.

What I don't know is whether it would have worked before reinstalling the 1055 and entering the Mobile Network APN of "phone" when those fields were open to entering text, which they are not after the reinstall without the security wipe.

Hope this isn't confusing. Bottom line, if you have AT&T and haven't yet reinstalled 1055 but had done a wipe and have the Mobile Network APN fields open, try putting in "phone" (without the quotes) in the Name field, and maybe the otter settings, too, MMSC Address: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net and Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net:80. For sure also enter these two settings under the MMS settings APN.

I am now getting all MMS messages immediately. Before this was fixed, there would be a several hour (!) delay in getting the messages from AT&T, and then it was only text and no picture. Somehow the AT&T system must have recognized that I didn't have the APN set up correctly and I wouldn't even get the picture-less messages for hours. Strange.
    11-19-13 05:16 PM
    Mecca The Magnificent! http://bestanimations.com/Fantasy/Ma...ge-01-june.gif

(Z10 STL100-3) I've downloaded updates, updated downloads, upgraded uploads ( ok, maybe that's a little dramatic)
    I've installed every new "leak" that the Team has given us. In each case, download time averaged 12 minutes , install time averaged 18 minutes, I restored all but "settings" and have NEVER had any issues with my device.
    With this OS, I went through the usual process and again, not one issue.

My concern is that I'm not experiencing any of the problems that others are having.
    I wanna fit in and be a team player, so What Am I Doing Wrong??
    Also.... I have never done a security wipe.
    Is it really necessary?(that's the question)

I know it's here somewhere but I've been busy on other threads Causing Controversy and Clouding The Issues, wherever and whenever needed (and there's a lot of need for that here) and found that there's an overwhelming number of people with "Lazy Reader Syndrome." It's running rampant throughout the entire community.

You've managed to continue to avoid any symptoms of LRS on this thread and again, I applaud you!
    So now, I need you to don your CrackBerry Disguise and join me in the Cracked Mobile so we may fight this disorder together. And, because of the time difference, You can have the Berry Mobile to do your work. We'll fight back this Cancer.we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,

WOW!
    makes you want to sing!
    Altogether! We Will, We Will Rock You.....

OK. Way to much caffeine this morning!
    Aaahahahahahahaha!!!! Awesome rant!! Although I thought it impossible, most everyone participating read and followed the rules. The rest who ninja-smoke bomb their way in, eventually get the point, and read the OP from the beginning.
    Hey...hey!!! Don't come in here, making up new acronym!! Next thing you know, there will be an LRS group and Channel. Wait....i hear group invites being sent.

Posted via CB10
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    11-19-13 05:20 PM
    Lately my runtime has been crashing a lot the blue strip appears on the bottom when I open an android app. What's a better a hard reset or a soft reset to fix this?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:22 PM

Turns out that while the Mobile Network APN is filled in automatically with "phone", you still have to manually enter the APN settings under the text settings. And the page with all the APN settings is wrong--the Proxy address is missing a :80.

When I first installed 1055--never had a problem with the 10.2.0.xxxx leaks--I had done a security wipe first, and that knocked out my Mobile Network APN settings, but left blank fields for me to enter them, which I did. then I entered the MMS APN settings but could never get it to work.

The problem apparently was that instead of "Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net:80" I had only "Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net" which is what the info sheet gave as the proxy settings for AT&T.

I ended up doing a complete reinstall of 1055, but no security wipe, and then the Mobile Network for AT&T already had the APN filled in--only the word "phone", and I couldn't enter anything else.

Again I went to the MMS settings APN and entered the "Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net" without the :80 after it--and no go.

I then put in the APN settings with MMSC Address: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net and Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net:80 , and now I get MMS without a problem.

What I don't know is whether it would have worked before reinstalling the 1055 and entering the Mobile Network APN of "phone" when those fields were open to entering text, which they are not after the reinstall without the security wipe.

Hope this isn't confusing. Bottom line, if you have AT&T and haven't yet reinstalled 1055 but had done a wipe and have the Mobile Network APN fields open, try putting in "phone" (without the quotes) in the Name field, and maybe the otter settings, too, MMSC Address: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net and Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net:80. For sure also enter these two settings under the MMS settings APN.

I am now getting all MMS messages immediately. Before this was fixed, there would be a several hour (!) delay in getting the messages from AT&T, and then it was only text and no picture. Somehow the AT&T system must have recognized that I didn't have the APN set up correctly and I wouldn't even get the picture-less messages for hours. Strange.
    I vote KenV54 Justice League hero of the day. What say ye all???!!!

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg and KenV54 like this.
    11-19-13 05:23 PM

Ken- I don't see anywhere to put the MMSC Address: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net and Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net:80 I see the lines that say "phone" and user name which is blank, and blank password. then if I click on the green button, it asks if I want to restore the default settings. Where are they at and should I say Yes to the default settings? Any step by step guidance would be appreciated. Also, where did you get the APN information for AT&T? I'm in So CA so will it be the same here? Thank you!
    11-19-13 05:38 PM
    I vote KenV54 Justice League hero of the day. What say ye all???!!!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, Mecca, but this was nothing compared to your own contributions, without which we'd all still be floundering around with this great multi-featured but still problematic leak.

With the MMS issue on AT&T, the devil was all in the tiniest of details, that is, putting the :80 in the proxy address. Who could've known? I only found it after again looking through the beta threads and seeing, serendipitously, a thread entitled, "Can you receive MMS with 10.2.1.1055 Q10 on AT&T network?" Works on the Z10 as well.

I think, or should say, I hope, I've now got all the bugs resolved in 1055 for the things I use, at least. The Android upgrade in this leak makes it all worthwhile.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 05:39 PM
    Ken- I don't see anywhere to put the MMSC Address: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net and Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net:80 I see the lines that say "phone" and user name which is blank, and blank password. then if I click on the green button, it asks if I want to restore the default settings. Where are they at and should I say Yes to the default settings? Thank you!
    Where are you looking--in the Mobile Network APN settings or in the Text-settings-advanced-APN? I don't recall if, under the AT&T Mobile Network APN settings, which are blank if you've done a wipe after an install of 1055, you can enter anything but "phone". If not, just enter phone, then go to the Text settings advanced APN and put in the MMSC Address: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net and Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net:80. Those fields should definitely be there. In that APN box, if you had done a wipe, you can also put in a name, which I guess would be "phone", but the field for a name is no longer present in the text settings advanced APN box if you have reinstalled the1055 without a wipe.

If that still hasn't cleared it up, let me know.
    11-19-13 05:46 PM
    This is the thread that I'm waiting for!

Attachment 221888

On STL-1, if you have bug with a camera app like this, don't open instagram immediately after you reboot.
    Make sure you open the camera app first before you open instagram app.
    I've been doing it a couple of times and now it's gone.

NEXT, if you still have bug with CB app for jumping to next page, try to uninstall then reinstall it. It will back to normal.
    I've tried it on my STL-1 and it works.

NEXT, when you run Temple Run 2 & stuck in the imangi studios screen there's a trick.
    Just uninstall then sideload the bar files from bb10bars.net, it works well.
    Had the same problem of the camera, the thing was after I install snapchat and put the front cmara, I reboot my stl 100-1 and work OK, now the only problem that I still have is the when playing a game, in this case minion rush, when in part of the game I have to use tilt, if I tilt left the game goes right and vice-versa, did someone had this problem, thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:50 PM
    Had the same problem of the camera, the thing was after I install snapchat and put the front cmara, I reboot my stl 100-1 and work OK, now the only problem that I still have is the when playing a game, in this case minion rush, when in part of the game I have to use tilt, if I tilt left the game goes right and vice-versa, did someone had this problem, thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    Activate rotation lock, and see if that fixes the tilt problem

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:55 PM
    Where are you looking--in the Mobile Network APN settings or in the Text-settings-advanced-APN? I don't recall if, under the AT&T Mobile Network APN settings, which are blank if you've done a wipe after an install of 1055, you can enter anything but "phone". If not, just enter phone, then go to the Text settings advanced APN and put in the MMSC Address: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net and Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net:80. Those fields should definitely be there. In that APN box, if you had done a wipe, you can also put in a name, which I guess would be "phone", but the field for a name is no longer present in the text settings advanced APN box if you have reinstalled the1055 without a wipe.

If that still hasn't cleared it up, let me know.
    Thanks for getting back to me Ken. I found the boxes under the text advanced apn settings. I made the changes as you suggested; did nothing to the settings under the ATT network on settings, and gave it a try to send a picture. Still the same so I am rebooting (volume keys) to see if that is the difference. I'll get back to you shortly. I only made those two changes that you posted.
    For reference, I have done 2 installs and the last one was followed by a wipe. I did not restore anything. Back in a minute.
    11-19-13 05:56 PM
    Here's my battery today, at idle - because it was night night time - and then medium use...

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000016.png

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:57 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me Ken. I found the boxes under the text advanced apn settings. I made the changes as you suggested; did nothing to the settings under the ATT network on settings, and gave it a try to send a picture. Still the same so I am rebooting (volume keys) to see if that is the difference. I'll get back to you shortly. I only made those two changes that you posted.
    For reference, I have done 2 installs and the last one was followed by a wipe. I did not restore anything. Back in a minute.
    How do you save the changes. When I went back in to the advanced settings, they were blank again??
    11-19-13 05:58 PM
    Lately my runtime has been crashing a lot the blue strip appears on the bottom when I open an android app. What's a better a hard reset or a soft reset to fix this?

Posted via CB10
    Turn your phone off, remove the battery for about 5 mins, replace, give the runtime a min to reset, test and report back.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:00 PM
    Good job, today.. Mecca Man!
    The Rebels found an Empire cat for you to kick!
    You"ve earned it. (and this cat deserves it!)
    (no Berryleaks Team Members were harmed during this A** kicking!)

Whoa! I've got way too much time on my mind!!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 11-19-13 at 06:13 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 06:03 PM
617 ... 1112131415 ...