01-10-14 07:18 AM
617 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Remove your SIM and SD card.
    Reload the OS, connect to wifi and go through setup then wipe your device, do NOT restore ANY data - I cannot stress this enough folks
    Complete setup through wifi again, turn off your device and insert both SIM and SD cards, and DO NOT RESTORE ANY BACKUP DATA.
    This OS does not like backup restores.
    Backup data is yucky
    OS 1055..Y U NO like backup data??
    I security wipe my handheld, and went thru the set up, after that I restored all my data back, and it works very well now with my notification for bbm and bbm groups.

Thank you Mecca, really appreciated it
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 06:47 AM
    I security wipe my handheld, and went thru the set up, after that I restored all my data back, and it works very well now with my notification for bbm and bbm groups.

Thank you Mecca, really appreciated it
    glad you have solve the issue

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    11-19-13 06:58 AM
    Attachment 222259

These stats do not make much sense to me. I thought all attributes must be less than 100%. Anyone facing this extreme battery drain problem ?

Posted via CB10 on Z10 (STL100-1)
    I struggle to go 6 hours...sorted with a second battery and desktop charger
    11-19-13 07:38 AM
    Good job Steve!! Give Four Square a day to populate and settle in. If it doesn't work, I'm sure there's an update on the way.
    Another quick update - as a test I deleted the eBay app I had installed & it seems to have solved the Foursquare hub notification issues.
    I can only assume it is linked to the location services aspect and perhaps there is a conflict.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 07:43 AM
    I've never tried playing with the hotspot feature on BB10. Is it just me or does it let me use it even tho I don't have it enabled on my plan? VZW here.

Posted via CB10
    This is correct. Also on Verizon and it let's you hot spot AND tether now without it on your plan. Could not do either without it on your plan previously.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 07:45 AM
    This is correct. Also on Verizon and it let's you hot spot AND tether now without it on your plan. Could not do either without it on your plan previously.
    You need a extra plan for that?
    Vodafone Germany (or any other German carrier) does not restrict anything in that matter. Just need the Internet flat, that's all.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:55 AM
    Attachment 222259

These stats do not make much sense to me. I thought all attributes must be less than 100%. Anyone facing this extreme battery drain problem ?

Posted via CB10 on Z10 (STL100-1)
    Man!!!! Something ugly is going on in the background. What apps do you have installed??

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000013.png

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:58 AM
    Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000013.png

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:02 AM
    Another quick update - as a test I deleted the eBay app I had installed & it seems to have solved the Foursquare hub notification issues.
    I can only assume it is linked to the location services aspect and perhaps there is a conflict.
    Thanks for reporting back, Steve.

Thanks to everyone supporting and assisting others in this thread. Through our individual efforts, we've managed to create an awesome resource for those having trouble with OS 10.2.1.1055.

Hopefully we won't have to go through all the witch-doctoring, with the next leak, but if we do I'm looking forward to everyone here pitching in.
    gobimmer, pfl4ume, amanago and 1 others like this.
    11-19-13 08:25 AM
    I've never tried playing with the hotspot feature on BB10. Is it just me or does it let me use it even tho I don't have it enabled on my plan? VZW here.

Posted via CB10
    If you have the shared talk/text plan through VZW then hot spot is included in those plans.

Magically appeared using Mind Control on my Berry leaks Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1184 while being the Greatest...
    Mecca EL and gobimmer like this.
    11-19-13 08:32 AM
    My SMS and my camera both stopped working after my upgrade to 1055... i tried installing it again a couple of times, but in the end what worked was to use the autoloader to install 1055, and NOT use link to restore ANYTHING (just dont even touch link, its terrible) and all functions work perfectly. Thankfully, the phone was able to restore my contacts and calendars via google.. Everything else i did manually, took more time, but it works.

Mecca, i've upgraded from stock z30 OS to this leak but i've lost the SMS function.
    I've sideloaded radio files with an autoloader but this is still a no go.

went to my carrier settings just to see if something was broken here, and settings are corrects.

This is a bit puzzling as this is the 1 st time on my BB10 machines that face an SMS issue.

Any ideas?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 08:32 AM
    I dont know if its been posted before, but I found this feature today. lets say your listening to music with no headphones, the sound will come out from the loudspeaker. Try putting the phone to your ear and it will come out from the headset. I found this out by putting my hand on the proximity sensor

Posted via CB10
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    11-19-13 08:38 AM
    I dont know if its been posted before, but I found this feature today. lets say your listening to music with no headphones, the sound will come out from the loudspeaker. Try putting the phone to your ear and it will come out from the headset. I found this out by putting my hand on the proximity sensor

Posted via CB10
    Not for me on a Z10 STL2.
    11-19-13 08:57 AM
    Well I tried everything Mecca suggested. To no avail. I had wiped/reinstalled 4 times and still had accounts and mms issues. So last night I tried deletinng apks and bars as someone suggested, didn't work.

So I wiped, downgraded, then reinstalled. 12 hours in everything is working. Apks and bars are installed with no issues.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 09:46 AM
    Well I tried everything Mecca suggested. To no avail. I had wiped/reinstalled 4 times and still had accounts and mms issues. So last night I tried deletinng apks and bars as someone suggested, didn't work.

So I wiped, downgraded, then reinstalled. 12 hours in everything is working. Apks and bars are installed with no issues.

Posted via CB10
    What STL do you have?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:19 AM
    Ok, I can't seem to get anywhere with this build. I have a STL100-3 on AT&T. I used the auto-loader for my build. My process was the following -
    • Create backup with Link.
    • Run auto-loader.
    • Restore backup from Link.

After that, none of the Android apps would run. When I try to install an Android app by clicking on it in File Manager, it just sits there "Processing" forever and never actually does anything.

I tried wiping, running the auto-loader and NOT restoring my backup to see if that might be the issue. Still no luck. Any thoughts on this?
    11-19-13 10:33 AM
    Ok, I can't seem to get anywhere with this build. I have a STL100-3 on AT&T. I used the auto-loader for my build. My process was the following -
    • Create backup with Link.
    • Run auto-loader.
    • Restore backup from Link.

After that, none of the Android apps would run. When I try to install an Android app by clicking on it in File Manager, it just sits there "Processing" forever and never actually does anything.

I tried wiping, running the auto-loader and NOT restoring my backup to see if that might be the issue. Still no luck. Any thoughts on this?
    Try to run a "native" android port first,
    something from bb world. it will kickstart the runtime.
    11-19-13 10:42 AM
    You need a extra plan for that?
    Vodafone Germany (or any other German carrier) does not restrict anything in that matter. Just need the Internet flat, that's all.

Posted via CB10
    The joys of being a Verizon customer...
    11-19-13 10:57 AM
    You'll have to sideload the BBM bar file that came with this build. BBM Channel doesn't have the updated emos yet...
    Where do we find this bar?

EDIT: Nevermind, found http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1055-a-874157/
    Last edited by coolcut; 11-19-13 at 11:27 AM.
    11-19-13 11:11 AM
    I had some issues with this os at first, right after install, let me clarify mostly user issues,the snap method of installing android apps is the way to go imo, I tried adding several different app store apps, some worked some didn't, some of the apps depend on the app store app to run, I had an app from amazon app store that wouldn't run after I removed the app store app, after several dozen reboots and generally wearing out the battery in a few hours it has settled in nicely, I had some battery issues the first 3 days but it really has gotten better
    Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_20130476.png

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 11:27 AM
    What STL do you have?

Posted via CB10
    Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 11:35 AM
    Try to run a "native" android port first,
    something from bb world. it will kickstart the runtime.
    That's what I was saying. I did try to run a "native" android app from BB-World first and that app would not run either. It would get to roughly 70% on the loading progress bar and then force close.
    11-19-13 11:36 AM
    What STL do you have?

Posted via CB10
    Take it back. After installing something from app world, my accounts are back to having issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:50 AM
    Okay hear me out. I was getting ready to downgrade to the official 10.2 because I wasn't happy with the standby battery life in this OS (I was losing about 25% battery in 3 hours of very little use). I loaded this leak onto my Z10 that was running the official 10.2 software from Rogers. I did a full backup prior to the leak, followed by a full restore after (and didn't run into any big issues). Before downgrading, I thought I should create a backup and do a couple more things before going back. Here's exactly what I did (the results are stellar battery life):

1) Moved any APK files to my SD card (so they wouldn't get wiped); I did this purely because I didn't want to have to download them again(lazy)
    2) Performed a settings/media backup
    3) Performed a full backup (I always do two backups like this in case my application data causes problems, I can restore using the smaller backup file)

This whole time my phone was plugged into my PC (obviously) and it recharged itself back to 100% (backups took a while). I am now seeing incredible battery life - - - down just 6% in 4 hours of light usage (I was in a meeting, so received a few emails, checked twitter - - the usual meeting stuff haha)

I have NO idea what caused this DRASTIC increase in battery life, but this is exactly what I did. If anyone is experiencing similar standby drainage, try the above steps and see if it works! No guarantees, but might be worth a shot!
    Anilu7 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-19-13 12:10 PM
    There are some great new features for sure, which is great, but the problem is that now all apps take forever to open, except maybe android with the new run time. Great that they are able to provide a better run time, but the phone is now too darn slow opening native apps....stupid. yes the os has settled for about 3 days
    11-19-13 12:22 PM
617 ... 1011121314 ...