01-10-14 08:18 AM
617 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Everything Android, haha. Android Run Time. Apps didn't want to open, and apk's didn't want to install.

art?

Stl100-3 10.2.1.1055, sqn100-1 10.2.0.1803

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 10:56 PM
    You left out the fact that you restored from backup, after successfully loading your OS 1055, and that is what ruined BBM for you again, unless I read your PM incorrectly?

That is correct! I need to have text messages and contacts backed up for work. Only way around it is paying for SMS Back up or to go back to 10.1. for free. I'll probably just wait a couple days and see if BBM comes back if not i'll just go back to 10.1. Doesnt make sense to pay for an app when the release is coming.
    11-18-13 11:00 PM
    I did sideload the bbm from OS 10.2.1.1055 but still do not get any good result, even now I could not customize my bbm notification..I also tried sideload bbm from Os 10.2.1.845, with the same result.

After I sideload bbm from both of those Os, I did not install the beta channel, and the result is the same, could not customize bbm and bbm groups

Or should I security wipe and reload the Os Mecca?

Thank you
    Remove your SIM and SD card.
    Reload the OS, connect to wifi and go through setup then wipe your device, do NOT restore ANY data - I cannot stress this enough folks
    Complete setup through wifi again, turn off your device and insert both SIM and SD cards, and DO NOT RESTORE ANY BACKUP DATA.
    This OS does not like backup restores.
    Backup data is yucky
    OS 1055..Y U NO like backup data??
    Uzi, zymenth, geraham and 2 others like this.
    11-18-13 11:02 PM
    That is correct! I need to have text messages and contacts backed up for work. Only way around it is paying for SMS Back up or to go back to 10.1. for free. I'll probably just wait a couple days and see if BBM comes back if not i'll just go back to 10.1. Doesnt make sense to pay for an app when the release is coming.
    or you can screen shot the important text but if you have so many important text will be troublesome I guess

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:03 PM
    I believe that's backed up in settings, not app data as I found out. I restored only Media, and settings, and my text were there. And email ,well that syncs when you add the account back.

Edit: instead of emails, I meant contacts. If using account like Gmail, or similar.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:08 PM
    If you don't mind, please edit your preceding post, to reflect the fact that restoration of your backup data ruined your clean and successful installation of this OS. Leaving that bit of information out will confuse people that rely on this thread for solutions, and it was quite deceptive of you to leave that out. Please don't take offense, as I'm not attempting to offend you.
    11-18-13 11:10 PM
    If you don't mind, please edit your preceding post, to reflect the fact that restoration of your backup data ruined your clean and successful installation of this OS. Leaving that bit of information out will confuse people that rely on this thread for solutions, and it was quite deceptive of you to leave that out. Please don't take offense, as I'm not attempting to offend you.
    Just edited, I wiped my Q10 for the final time and it's working fine and I justed notice the BB logo next to my wifi indicator, I do not know if that was their last time however side loaded the BBM Bar and had no luck.

It has to be the restored data so DO NOT RESTORE, that is the only thing I can think of as to why BBM and MMS are not working since they are working before the restore.
    Mecca EL and Anilu7 like this.
    11-18-13 11:23 PM
    Just edited, I wiped my Q10 for the final time and it's working fine and I justed notice the BB logo next to my wifi indicator, I do not know if that was their last time however side loaded the BBM Bar and had no luck.

It has to be the restored data so DO NOT RESTORE, that is the only thing I can think of as to why BBM and MMS are not working since they are working before the restore.
    My you be fortunate enough to test new leaks earlier than the rest!!
    11-18-13 11:26 PM
    First of all, Mecca... THANK YOU!!!!!!
    A thread like this is SOOOOOO needed. I love the fact that as a community, most of the members here DO want to help each other. Reading through this I am quite a bit relieved to see the positives of this. My personal favorite... helping others actually learn. Teach a man to fish and he will feast forever!
    Anyways, back to topic, sorry.
    I have seen many things about the restore issues and I completely agree with the problems that occur and why I always strongly advise against.
    Without being too long, my routine is very similar to yours Mecca, we have had "thread discussions" in the past about that haha. Though, I have stumbled upon something new I have tried today for giggles and was quite nice.
    Fire Chest Backup. in bbworld and it is FREE!!!
    for those who do not want to cloud contacts or documents, this will store on your SD card and even encrypt it for you if you desire. Proof we still have some DEVs out there listening.
    Keep it up guys and gals.
    11-18-13 11:42 PM
    My you be fortunate enough to test new leaks earlier than the rest!!

No! I'm done! I cant test any more...at least I got to the bottom if it. DO NOT RESTORE! I just turned my Q10 on and there is NO blackberry logo next to my wifi indicator and BBM has no data service. I would try to run the autoloader but my Q10 is probably as tired of this process as I am.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-13 11:45 PM
    Done everything that OP said and no major glitch....main keypoint here is...DONT RESTORE THE BACK UP
    deuce2290 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-18-13 11:46 PM
    Remove your SIM and SD card.
    Reload the OS, connect to wifi and go through setup then wipe your device, do NOT restore ANY data - I cannot stress this enough folks
    Complete setup through wifi again, turn off your device and insert both SIM and SD cards, and DO NOT RESTORE ANY BACKUP DATA.
    This OS does not like backup restores.
    Backup data is yucky
    OS 1055..Y U NO like backup data??
    Got it, will try it out
    Thank you
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-13 11:50 PM
    I deleted whatsapp...and... accounts are back to normal again!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 12:42 AM
    Not sure if this has been answered but does anyone know if in bedside mode u can just have call come thru. When I put it in bedside. Mode I see all notification are off. Thanks

I choosed blackberry 10. Cause its that Damn good.
    11-19-13 12:59 AM
    Not sure if this has been answered but does anyone know if in bedside mode u can just have call come thru. When I put it in bedside. Mode I see all notification are off. Thanks

Should be able to be done in settings from the clock itself, not bedside mode

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-19-13 01:16 AM
    Should be able to be done in settings from the clock itself, not bedside mode

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.

11-19-13 01:25 AM
    i Installed through the auto loader in my stl100-1 and i have been facing issues with my wifi . My wifi doesnt detect and connect to any wifi aroung and me , and while it shows wifi is on in shortcut tray but it shows off in my settings . anyone facing the same issue ? what is the solution ?
    11-19-13 01:36 AM
    i Installed through the auto loader in my stl100-1 and i have been facing issues with my wifi . My wifi doesnt detect and connect to any wifi aroung and me , and while it shows wifi is on in shortcut tray but it shows off in my settings . anyone facing the same issue ? what is the solution ?
    I had that problem too. Camera and music / pictures gallery were also not working. I did a security wipe and then did a fresh install. That worked. Wifi and camera work now. Galleries still do not work and battery is still a huge problem.
    Mecca EL and craaaazy_i like this.
    11-19-13 02:53 AM
    I agree about the fast battery drain. Down about 30% in 3.5 hours with very little use. I refuse to downgrade though due to the number of other enhancements! Hopefully they can get the standby battery usage back to what it was on official 10.2.
    Totally agree on the battery drain. I am a heavy user and having to charge 3 times in a day now. I charge to 100% at night and by the time i wake up, my Z10 (STL100-1) is already dead. But the features in 10.2.1 are too good to revert to 10.2
    11-19-13 02:56 AM
    Did you restore from a backup?

I've only ever used Channel. None of the cool new emo's but it works.
    I am working in a BB balance Environnement so maybe that's the cause. But let me wipe everything and remove all cards in here. I have definitely an issue with Radios. Wifi working well, after few reboots, sms fixed but now...impossible to call. So wiping may help me there. Will also reload the full OS
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 03:12 AM
    I've never tried playing with the hotspot feature on BB10. Is it just me or does it let me use it even tho I don't have it enabled on my plan? VZW here.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:08 AM
    solved !! thanks
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 06:25 AM
    Totally agree on the battery drain. I am a heavy user and having to charge 3 times in a day now. I charge to 100% at night and by the time i wake up, my Z10 (STL100-1) is already dead. But the features in 10.2.1 are too good to revert to 10.2

Os 10.2.1.1055 tips, tweaks and solutions-img_00000606.png

These stats do not make much sense to me. I thought all attributes must be less than 100%. Anyone facing this extreme battery drain problem ?

Posted via CB10 on Z10 (STL100-1)
    11-19-13 06:40 AM
    Mecca ! Help needed.....I was following all the steps listed by you. When I performed the security swipe after loading the OS the device switched off and restarted with a black screen with a sort of broken simcard symbol and roatating circle, wont start up ...Sim n SD are still out of the devise.

Please help
    11-19-13 07:03 AM
    Mecca ! Help needed.....I was following all the steps listed by you. When I performed the security swipe after loading the OS the device switched off and restarted with a black screen with a sort of broken simcard symbol and roatating circle, wont start up ...Sim n SD are still out of the devise.

Please help
    That's the wipe screen - it symbols a shredder with a piece of paper. This takes some time, the device will restart as soon as the process is finished.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, Superfly_FR and wsfahmed like this.
    11-19-13 07:17 AM
617 ... 910111213 ...