06-14-13 12:11 PM
72 123
tools
    Is da runtime updated in dis build or is it still at 2.2.3?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 11:31 AM
    Is da runtime updated in dis build or is it still at 2.2.3?

Posted via CB10
    It has 4.2

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 11:38 AM
    anyone checked to see if you can side load the previous 10.2 apps that are missing and all work well?
    06-13-13 11:39 AM
    This has the 4.2 full runtime? Massive.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 11:51 AM
    This has the 4.2 full runtime? Massive.

Posted via CB10
    4.2.2 to be exact.

anyone checked to see if you can side load the previous 10.2 apps that are missing and all work well?
    I've tried Facebook, can't add account.
    Bridge installs, don't have Playbook with me to test if it works.

Not sure about the rest. File Manager for example isn't available, Music, Video, etc not on App world. didn't sideload.
    06-13-13 11:59 AM
    @robsteve How did you get that AutoLoad link? I can't find it any where on developer.blackberry.com

I have Limited Edition Z10 (STL100-2), and I want to try this out. Please help me guys!

Thanks
    06-13-13 12:58 PM
    @robsteve How did you get that AutoLoad link? I can't find it any where on developer.blackberry.com

I have Limited Edition Z10 (STL100-2), and I want to try this out. Please help me guys!

Thanks
    Just click on the link Shao provided in the first post and look for the black bacground area of the web page and select your phone version via the radio buttons, then click the big blue box to download the file.

If you are not seeing this, it is either your browser or perhaps a regional thing.
    06-13-13 01:08 PM
    Thanks, got the link.
    06-13-13 02:00 PM
    This is a beta for developers only, this is not like the other leaks. It does not come with all the apps and components you are used to the OS having. DO NOT install it unless you are a developer looking to test out the new SDK features.
    You should have used all CAPS! Then again, some people are just too lazy to read the OP.
    Superhyper likes this.
    06-13-13 02:04 PM
    I've installed the beta on my dev B, active phone, hub ok, but the hub is not available facebook, just BBM, email, text.
    I have installed the latest BB World facebook but it did not work: (
    there any way facbook to work on this beta?
    06-13-13 02:07 PM
    ... Music, Video, etc not on App world. didn't sideload.
    Is it that they didn't sideload successfully or is it that you weren't able to try sideloading those apps?
    06-13-13 02:40 PM
    Very tempted to install this as long as emails and bbm,voice work perfectly don't really care about Facebook etc as i have my htc one for all of those sort of things. I just want to see if i can run 4.2.2 capable apps on this after converting them....can anyone confirm if the features i require work on this build....? Thanks in advance.
    06-13-13 03:08 PM
    We can use the android Facebook and Twitter? And etc?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 03:11 PM
    We can use the android Facebook and Twitter? And etc?

Posted via CB10
    This was already answered
    06-13-13 03:24 PM
    This was already answered
    ANDROID?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 03:29 PM
    How's the new android runtime? Has anyone been able to test it?
    06-13-13 04:04 PM
    After we download on the computer the software how do we put it on the device

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 04:05 PM
    android seems to be working great. skype runs, smoother than before. also i could make work twitter and facebook, so it's not impossible. FYI.
    06-13-13 04:46 PM
    android seems to be working great. skype runs, smoother than before. also i could make work twitter and facebook, so it's not impossible. FYI.
    how did u get fb to work i m on this build now any help will be appreciated.
    06-13-13 05:35 PM
    First i reloaded what I can from 228, then download the rest from app world, then partial restore for settings only, and now it can prompt me for password . But you have to load back both bar files for core hub functions. (hint: dump app files from 228)

Also alarm app is not working properly, even with loaded previous leaks, I could not set up or list any, however in pull down menu it shows my earliest one. Also search not functioning at all, not even type & go. Weather app crashes instantly (BeWeather works). Maps keep loading but Hungary is not covered area, so not sure if it's working or not. Blaq and BeBuzz are properly operating. However I cannot restore file manager (you cannot browse Dropbox, or Box either) and also Music app is missing (video and picture are available).

Update: okay, somebody enlightened me about music app called airtunes. Now it's working.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 05:49 PM
    How's the new android runtime? Has anyone been able to test it?
    I have tested Android functionality. I can definitely tell you it is improved compared to the 2.3.3 Runtime. I've tested the latest versions of Facebook, WhatsApp, Flipboard, Yahoo Sportacular, Plex, and Viber. I have also tested Skype from App World. Of all of those apps, Plex and Viber were the ones that gave me some trouble. All of the other apps worked perfectly. As another poster mentioned, the performance of Skype is also improved with the 4.2.2 Runtime.
    06-13-13 08:15 PM
    I wonder if Google voice would work properly with the new runtime
    06-13-13 09:26 PM
    Is the verdict recommended to go ahead to upgrade from 10.2? I always did so with the playbook, whenever a development beta came up...
    06-14-13 01:50 AM
    Is the verdict recommended to go ahead to upgrade from 10.2? I always did so with the playbook, whenever a development beta came up...
    I mentioned earlier all the lacking features, that I could not make work. If you can live with them, it's a really good choice. Also note that you'll need to have two images, and have to load back apps with sachibar. And it could take some time.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 02:32 AM
    You can get the File Manager back easily enough, although it won't want to tie into DropBox... Even though dropbox can launch the file manager app, it looks like the connection underneath is broken. The bar you want to load is perimeterbrowser.
    Adam Szucs likes this.
    06-14-13 02:45 AM
72 123